[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
denialfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4
File: smugreninja.jpg (60 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
smugreninja.jpg
60 KB, 499x499
>Sun&Moon are still Gen 6!
>There's no concrete proof that it's a new gen!
>>
>>25341002
HERE FAGGOT READ
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/
>>
>>25341002

To be fair, even though I believe this is gen 7, nobody is really right or wrong right now, since we literally know nothing about the games.
>>
>>25341033
Do you have reading comprehension problems? I'm mocking the people who think Sun&Moon aren't Gen 7
>>
>>25341002
>>There's no concrete proof that it's a new gen!

There isn't concrete proof that they're a new gen though. Meanwhile there's plenty of evidence to suggest they're not a new gen

>anime is still at the beginning/middle of Zygarde shit which isn't enough time to do that, finish 8th badge, and finish league and still sync with games coming this year
>2 pentagon slots found by ORAS/XY dataminers which fit sun/moon exactly
>AZ Floette still unused: why program this in if it's unplanned to be available from an outside source?
>Zygarde forme still unused
>Zygarde signature moves still unused: why program this in if it's unplanned to be available from an outside source?
>Strange Souvenir still unused: why give it to the player if you're just going to make a new game you can't trade the item to?

Yes there are new Pokemon, but use your brain for 2 seconds. Is this really that different of the progression ORAS took with introducing items (the mega stones), moves (Precipice Blades), and abilities (Delta Stream, etc) that weren't compatible with XY? How would introducing incompatible Pokemon be any different?
>>
>>25341093
It's quite clearly Gen 7. Did anyone think B&W were still Gen 4?
>>
>>25341124
>Did anyone think B&W were still Gen 4?

No because BW had a very clearly different looking battle system and there weren't a bunch of retarded loose threads hanging from gen 4.

If Giratina's Origin forme showed up in the anime without any games and Arceus/Darkrai were still undistributed and BW were announced THEN you would have people thinking they were gen 4.
>>
>>25341115
>which isn't enough time to do that,
7 months is enough time for Gym+Flare+League, they even can throw some fillers.
Anime already ending Serena's quest and Zygarde stuff can appear in Gen 7 games.
>>
>>25341198
They're not going to just add the zygarde forms on the side with all the marketing, especially in the anime since it's their marketing tool nr1. It's retarded and extremely bad marketing.
>>
>>25341115
Or, maybe, all that shit went unused. C'mon now, why the fuck did they make that big video of all the previous games if it's just another 6th gen game?
>>
>>25341198
7 months is ~28 episodes. Given how slowly the anime moves, that ISN'T enough time to finish that much content. At that point DP AG were already finished all the evil team shit and were pretty much at the 8th gym, which XY hasn't finished yet.

>>25341247
Or maybe not and the games are just gen 6.5

>C'mon now, why the fuck did they make that big video of all the previous games if it's just another 6th gen game?
To show the progression of the franchise over 20 years. I don't get why people keep bringing this up and act as if it's better evidence than the metric crap ton of unused stuff. You can still hype a new game without it being a new generation.
>>
>>25341228
>, especially in the anime since it's their marketing tool nr1.
Considering anime marketed things fron new gens before, it's not that surprising.
>>
>>25341272
>~28 episodes. Given how slowly the anime moves, that ISN'T enough time to finish that much content.
Gym will take at most 2-3 eps. Flareshit - 5-6 eps, League - 5-6 eps. Anime has a lot of time for fillers, Greninjarc and all that shit. They can do it in 28 eps.
>>
File: 14397435337842.jpg (75 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
14397435337842.jpg
75 KB, 600x596
Never gen 7, always gen 6.
>>
>>25341247
>unused
>with all the marketing
>with all the work

Somebody must have fucked up real bad for that to happen, which I highly doubt.
>>
>>25341272
Who cares if it's unused? Pretty much all of the beta Pokemon in Gen 1 got added into Gen 2. Do we call G&S Gen 1.5?
>>
>>25341315
>Flareshit - 5-6 eps

Given they're over 10 episodes in and we still haven't even seen a hint of a climax yet? nah
>>
>>25341280
Yes, but Zygarde is a gen 6 pokemon. Any major game he will be in will be connected to kalos.
>>
>>25341372
Those Pokemon weren't programmed into gen 1. Concept beta Pokemon that don't even make into the fucking game aren't the same thing.
>>
>>25341315
>Flareshit - 5-6 eps

Haha no, they have already put in like 10 episodes with Flare in it and there is no hint for it to end soon.
>>
>>25341420
What the fuck do you think Missingno is?
>>
>>25341002
I can't wait until the next most popular starter replaces Greninja as obligatory flavor-of-the month trash.
>>
>>25341392
>we still haven't even seen a hint of a climax yet?
They captured z2, climax is soon. Probably before the league.
>>
>>25341400
Gen 7 can be connected to Gen 6. Kanto-Johto relationships.
>>
>>25341432
A glitch Pokemon that's an unintentional result of the way the game handles code. Has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
>>
>>25341445
Of course it will be before the league. But since the next episode they will be in (episode 18 if I remember correctly) Ash and co will most likely not even confront them + all the time they have spent to set up Alan it's bound that they will set him up more together with Ash. Hardly 5 episodes.
>>
>>25341491
>Gen 7 can be connected to Gen 6

But not allow trading to get Zygarde's signature moves or use the strange souvenir? That doesn't sound likely.
>>
I still think we're in Kalos. Too many pokemon from previous generations show up Including furfrou in the teaser. All the Zygarde hype that's been happening for the past few months. We're still in Kalos in the anime and we have that new movie with Volcanion and Magearna. Also no legendary Pokemon appeared alongside the Sun and Moon versions in the teaser. Zoroark was revealed before gen 5 was officially announced, however, when Black and White was officially announced, Zekrom and Reshiram appeared alongside their respective versions. And the concept art that appeared in the teaser had a lot of places that paid an homage to previous generation Pokemon such as the Slaking Hotel, the Horsea fountain along with the building with all the water type Pokemon on it. The Kalos region is full of places that pay an homage to previous generation Pokemon in some form or another.
>>
>>25341002
They even said the years that each generation started and ended it with 2016 before saying Sun and Moon. Anyone who still believes we're getting another mainline game in gen 6 is a moron.
>>
>>25341115

Why would the Strange Souvenir be used? It's just a protective charm representing a Gen 7 Pokemon. The object is so common that a tourist from its region had no problem giving it away.
>>
Best case scenario: SM are still gen 6, Southern Kalos region confirmed, gen 6 officially saved from mediocrity

Second best case scenario: SM is some oddball 20 year anniversary special edition that mostly features Pokemon and regions from previous generations and allows you to travel between them. Hence "it all comes together!" mentioned in the trailer.

Worst case scenario: SM is gen 7, even more nostalgia pandering (genwun compatibility was literally confirmed in the reveal trailer), Pokemon gets its third bad game in a row which, while introduces some neat ideas, never sees a "definite" release with its own sequel/third version. Repeat ad infinitum for each subsequent generation for now on.
>>
>New region? check
>New Pokemon? check
new fucking gen
>>
>>25341580
>Why would the Strange Souvenir be used?

The fact that they went through the time and effort even making this item and giving it to the player in the first place from a NPC that specifically talks about a new region you'll see soon. They didn't have to put that it in if it meant nothing.
>>
>>25341597
>same engine? check
>still two way compatible with XYORAS with battles and trades? check

uh oh what do we do now
>>
>people still don't understand S&M are 6th gens gold and silver.
>"new pokemon"
>"new world"
>Horsea fountain artwork just like the Horsea fountains that can be found in Kalos.
>Completely redesigned pokecenter which basically confirms we are starting off somewhere not in Kalos.
>A postgame that gives Zygarde 100% by using the new region and Kalos.
We are 7th gen revisiting 6th gen. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>25341608

You just said exactly what it means: Hints towards the next generation.

This is like asking what's the point of Munchlax being in the movie if Emerald is on the way
>>
>>25341124

No, because we knew enough about it initially to know it was gonna be nothing like gen 4
>>
Remember how the games were codnamed niji and that leak ended up being legit when we found the image filenames?

niji means second. What if they were codenamed that because they're the second part to gen 6 and XY was the first part? it would also explain why XY had so abnormally few Pokemon.
>>
>>25341631
>still two way compatible with XYORAS with battles and trades? check
uh source? I can provide a source for my claims, see the link in this guy's post >>25341033
>>
>>25341714
That'd be pretty neat.
>>
>>25341665
Munchlax is still advertisement for merch and 4th DP.

The Souvenir doesn't accomplish that. They could have just had the NPC say the same shit but NOT give the item and it would accomplish the same thing. So why give the item if they weren't planning something with it?
>>
>>25341726
It's not a fact. It's a theoritical scenario. But a backed up scenario based on the souvenir and zygarde's moves.
>>
>>25341726
It's not for what we know now. He's bullshitting. It only mentioned you could use the pokebank between ORAS and XY with S&M
>>
>>25341760
I provide evidence, you provide speculation...
>>
File: 1443198586207.gif (2 MB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
1443198586207.gif
2 MB, 300x199
Why are people so sure it's Gen 7, and why are people so sure it isn't?
Nothing has been shown.
Nothing has been said.
Only thing that has happened is a
>Hey check this out, thanks.
teaser.
So why is everyone so sure of things when Gamefreak hasn't said anything about the setting, the Pokemon, or the game itself?
>>
>>25341807
I dunno, the trailer makes it clear this is a new gen, listing each one, saying a new one is happening in 2016.

Regardless there is a new Flying type in the design stages.
>>
>>25341807
Probably because it's a new set of mainline Pokemon games that don't share the name of any other previous set? You know, LIKE THE LAST 6 OTHER SETS OF GAMES???
>>
File: 5.jpg (266 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
266 KB, 720x960
>>25341807
>>25341033
>>
>>25341746

Why do easter eggs in games exist? Why did Miyamoto slip in Mew without Nintendo knowing when it was never intended to be available?

Gamefreak simply thought it would be funny to throw in a hard to find hint towards stuff in the concept phase. There isn't a logical reason behind everything.
>>
>>25341124
No faggot platinum already came out by then
>>
>>25341807

This.
>>
>>25341746
That Snarl TM item was pointless. They clearly had no idea what to do with in for Gen 5 so they just added that feature too it.

It was something they programmed in but didn't really know they"d use.
>>
>>25341852
Don't wanna be that guy but
>muh patterns
isn't really good reasoning for things anymore. Gamefreak is proving to be unpredictable and crazy lately.
>>25341839
This is better evidence.
>>
>>25341033
>with a new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover

Why is it even a question?
>>
>>25342032
Because they said the same shit when ORAS was revealed
>>
>>25341940
But that's different because they didn't even fucking give it to the player. AND EVEN THEN it was still given a use, at least.

>>25341894
Easter eggs aren't the same as flat out giving the player an item that will obviously have a use later. "I'm scouting Lucy for the BF!" is an easter egg. "Here's this region I'm explicitly saying you're going to see soon and also take this item I happen to have *wink wink nudge nudge*" isn't.

>>25341786
No, I provided evidence. Nothing in your link is proof at gen 7.
>>
>>25341807
because if my predictions are correct i'm gonna rev up my screencaps and spout "NA NA NA NA I WAS RIGHT YOU WERE WRONG LOSER" all over the place like a screaming monkey when if they end up being wrong i can just change side immediately due to the nature of this site and i won't risk looking like a retard
>>
>>25341981
They really haven't ORAS is still the usual remake, B2W2 are still the usual enhanced edition that comes out later, except there were 2 versions in that case. If Sun&Moon were going to be the enhanced editions for X&Y don't you think it would have been clearly stated? It's obvious to me that they want to drip feed us info throughout the year, I'd expect a real trailer for the game that will actually show off features and Pokemon at E3
>>
>>25341646
yeah, it has a precedence(gold/silver) with potential to bring some changes to the franchise gameplay

I can see this happening
>>
Why does this shti matter?
Regardless of it it is Gen 6 or 7 you're still going to play the thing anyway.

You'll find out next month or something.
>>
>>25342149
This time I wont have to give gamefreak money if SM turns out bad though (and it 99% will)
>>
>>25342073
>ORAS
>new pokemon

Do you people go the extra mile to be retarded on purpose everytime there's news? Do you get off on spouting wrong information with contrarian official information all over the sources? You are the kind of faggots that were spouting that Zygarde 100% was Kyurem on the movie teaser
>>
>>25341093
>>25341115
>>25341152
>>25341363
>>25341631
>>25341807
>>25341981
>>25342073

http://pokemon.gamespress.com/release.asp?i=1942

get rekt retards
>>
>>25341593
>best case scenario: you get a rehashed game with some on-disc DLC equilavent extra content

>worst case scenario: it's a new game with new pokémon, new stuff new everything

You are the cancer of this fandom
>>
>>25341033
Well there it is. Denialfag here. Guess that pretty much confirms gen 7
>>
>>25342291
>wanting a game with little postgame and being overall not very good

You are a tard if you didn't want emerald, platinum, bw2 etc. All the best games of their gen. If you want lazy new games that are npt very good then be my guest. Because RS, DP and XY wasn't rushed turds with no postgame.

Fuck off cancer.
>>
>>25342309
Feels good man. i never liked Kalos
>>
>>25342360
>paying an extra $40 for the "good" version after you already bought the first one is a good thing
XY sucked, a Pokemon Z wouldn't change that fact
>>
>>25341631
No they won't.
Site specifically says that you'll need Bank to transfer over your pokémon.
>>
>>25342360
With the pattern breaking happening it's highly possible SM might already be polished games by themselves. Also the lack of content on newer games is a direct result of GF casualizing this series because mobile games, and a third version wouldn't fix that

It's because of morons like you that GF releases a pair of beta versions and then the same game repackaged with a few bonuses 2 years later and no one bats an eye. You are the reason they made that turd that is ORAS

You are literal cancer, and I will enjoy your tears when new gen news start leaking all over CoroCoro and other outlets
>>
>>25342406
>RS was mediocre
>Emerald saved it
>DP sucked ass
>Platinum saved it big time
>Z wouldn't be good
>he doesn't want any good pokemon game ever again

You're also a denialfag and cancer for the community.
>>
>>25341631
>same engine
Are you John Gamefreak? Because I only seen some beta concept art and the logos. Protip Gen 5 doesn't run on the same engine than Gen 4

>two way compatible
while you were busy sucking every cock in a 5 mile radius I was just chilling reading on the official pokémon site how you will be able to use Pokemon bank to transfer shit from XYORAS
>>
>>25342438
What you wrote didn't make sense at all. You're basically okey with two turds in the beginning of the game without a fix, blames GF for making it more casual and then blames me for literally no other reason than to call me cancer.

Stop spouting the first thing that comes to your mind and actually look what you're writing you idiot.
>>
>>25342511
Well duh, what one should be pushing for was for GF to release good games from the get-go. You are shilling for GF to keep releasing beta versions, and then selling almost the same game for full price. Z wasn't going to be good. If ORAS is anything to go by, it would be a waste of time
>>
>>25342565
That is not going to happen, it has literally only happened one time and that was Gold and Silver. And it's true that they're making the games much more casual. Maybe Z wouldn't be much better but it would be an improved version. S&M will most likely be XY all over again
>>
>>25342468
Way to completely disregarded my point and go off on your own tangent
>>
>>25342861
Yea, I thought you meant Z would suck aswell. But since I can afford it and rather have a good game than no game I'm fine with it.
>>
>>25341646
literally this
>>
>>25341392
Climaxes for every single other team plus BW TR came out of nowhere timing wise, this is nothing new
>>
>>25343642
None of the episode titles weeks from now hint at a climax.
>>
>>25341002
i fucking love this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdTQ6NXTrE0
>>
Deniers would have to be retarded. Did you not see the ad? They went down the list naming each time a new generation happened and the year it happened, and then they said this is the new one. Clearly a new generation.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.