[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For the 20th anniversary I'm making a summary chart of all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: pokemonmovies_Draft.jpg (2 MB, 1000x4725) Image search: [Google]
pokemonmovies_Draft.jpg
2 MB, 1000x4725
For the 20th anniversary I'm making a summary chart of all the Pokemon movies out at the moment. There's a few where I have a decent idea of the general consensus on, but there's many others where I just can't really remember the movie at all or haven't seen them.

So /vp/, will you help me out? What movies did you like or hate and why? What would you rate them as - recommended, consider it, or skip it?
>>
There hasn't been a good Pokemon movie since the Arceus one imo
>>
File: 1446818083355.png (649 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
1446818083355.png
649 KB, 704x480
Why not watch something memorable OP? Something that influences your life? What you're trying to attain is no doubt memories of your past. But that's no reason to make it into a job.
>>
>>25323194
I haven't quite watched any since then either (at least, dub-wise I haven't). I heard the dubs really ruined a few of the later ones.
>>
>>25323172
I would only put consider it for Latias/Latios. Most people only like it for the kiss at the end.
>>
>>25323172
I know I've seen Destiny Deoxys but I can't remember a single thing about it
>>
>>25323382
Same is true for 2000
>>
>>25323478
Stupid subplot about a little kid that's ultimately pointless. Best part of the movie is the sequence where the town is invaded by Deoxys and they treat it like a cross between a zombie apocalypse and an alien invasion.

That said, the Zoroark movie is really fucking underrated.
>>
>>25323530
>That said, the Zoroark movie is really fucking underrated.

That's one of the few I can remember from the new ones. Zoroark was a pretty cool mother.
>>
>>25323530
You'd think I remember the zombie apocalypse stuff but nope...
>>
>>25323382
Any other reason? I vaguely recall thinking the movie was not that bad myself.
>>
>>25323840
That's why it's a consider it. It's ultimately forgettable outside of the Latias scenes compared to a lot of the other movies.
>>
>>25323840
It had a cool setting, fun villains, and didn't really take itself that seriously. It also has one of the most memorable opening sequences in the franchise.

But yeah, there's not much else to it.
>>
>>25323908
>>25324004
Thanks I'll add that.

>>25323530
Thanks as well.
>>
Fix your grammar (for example, its instead of it's) and punctuation you undereducated Mexican.
>>
>>25324104
I got a new keyboard recently so I'm not used to it, I'm afraid. Mind pointing out where a couple of those grammar issues are so I may correct them?
>>
I enjoyed the jirachi movie recently
not so bad, I'd put consider it
>>
>>25324167
Thanks, anon. Mind expanding a little on what you thought?
>>
>>25324192
For me, May's singing really annoyed me. I can't remember the battle with fake Groudon either.
>>
File: pokemonmovies_Draft2.jpg (2 MB, 1000x4725) Image search: [Google]
pokemonmovies_Draft2.jpg
2 MB, 1000x4725
Thanks so far for the input, everyone. Looks like this at the moment.
>>
I stopped watching them as a kid cause the third one was so shit
Second one was ok I guess, for a pokemon anime thing. First one is overrated and has a dumb fucking ending and cant make up its mind if pokemon battles are bad or not.
>>
>>25324559
Yeah, first one is way overrated. Was a real shame how they took out that prologue scene. Could have changed the rest of the movie if they'd left it.
>>
What about Mewtwo Returns?
>>
>>25324711
That was a tv special, anon. Not a movie.
>>
>>25324004
Latios death was memorable you fucks
>>
>>25324769
I totally forgot that happened.
>>
>>25324769
Eh, he's fine. He's just a little see-through.
>>
>>25324509
Looking good so far
>>
>>25323172
Now that I think about it, a lot of movies seem to just copy the plot of the first one. Complete with sky ships or floating platforms.
>>
Did anyone even like the Mewtwo and Genesect movie?
>>
>>25323172
DP trilogy was a little boring. The movies got really formulaic by the time they reached that.
>>
>>25324964
Thanks.

>>25325092
Heh, I think you're right.

>>25325219
Hm, seems a little like it.
>>
>>25325219
Would you consider them or skip them though? It is a trilogy after all.
>>
>>25325487
Good question...
>>
>>25325579
Personally I'd skip Giratina and Shaymin because it feels like a total rehash of Celebi, Jirachi, and 2000.
>>
Hoopa movie is garbage

90% of it is cute legendary does cute things
Almost like the Manaphy movie

Arceus Movie was also bad. Apparently the Pokemon God is really naive and can be trapped in magic jello. Once released he goes on a rampage and threatens to murder a bunch of innocent people generations late
>>
Honestly I would but recommend for Destiny Deoxys. Not highly or anything, but just recommended
>>
>>25325667
When you look at the plot for Arceus, you keep wondering how it's so weak even without its life plates. It's silly.
>>
>>25325680
Consider it then?
>>
>>25324509

Haven't seen any of the movies in forever so I can't provide much in the way of opinions aside from agreeing with 3's highly recommended status. Charizard vs. Entei was pretty badass but other than that the blurb already covers everything.

Oh, and the Zoroark blurb has a typo - focusing should have one s, not two.
>>
>>25325712
Thank you very much, anon.
>>
>>25325683
It's more frustrating than anything. Better of watching Giratina or Darkrai again if you want to see legendary Pokemon battling.
>>
>>25325123
I'm guessing not.
>>
>>25324509
I don't recall Keldeo's movie that well, but I'd say it was the only good thing to come out of Best Wishes including the anime.
>>
File: pokemonmovies_chart.jpg (2 MB, 1000x4725) Image search: [Google]
pokemonmovies_chart.jpg
2 MB, 1000x4725
Alright, here's the finished edition. Tried my best to take everyone's opinions into consideration.
>>
>>25326221
Good work anon, much appreciated
>>
Latis, Lucario and Sinnoh trilogy are good.

>>25323194
this desu senpai
>>
>>25328805
>Sinnoh trilogy
>good

Wut?
>>
File: Captura de pantalla (27).png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Captura de pantalla (27).png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>25326221
>skipping the movie of the pokemon god

arceus movie is good, it set the end of the trilogy and end the battle since in there they explain why diagla and palkia started fighting in the first place, and i would put movie 10 as higly recommended, condiser the other two in the trilogy and put in can be skyped the zoroark one, that movie was shit, keldeo can be skiped to, the genesect in you should never watch it and consider watch the woppa one i liked the end and the clash of legendaries and the lore
>>
>>25328965
Anon, you need to stop drinking sometimes.
>>
>>25326221
>Skipping Arceus Movie
I can say it's consider it at worst
It's a decent one
>>
>>25323194
The Hoopa movie is that bad?
>>
>>25330482
If you've seen one cute mon movie, you've seen them all
>>
>>25328965

That is one fucked up run-on sentence. Please try learning some English before posting here.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.