[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people RIGHT NOW who think we're getting Sun/Moon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: smug collective.jpg (3 MB, 2993x3000) Image search: [Google]
smug collective.jpg
3 MB, 2993x3000
>There are people RIGHT NOW who think we're getting Sun/Moon immediately
>There are people RIGHT NOW who don't think we're getting Z first, and that Sun/Moon weren't just trademarked to be used when we finally do get gen7 next yearish

They've set up too much with the Zygarde forms and the various open ends all over Kalos. And the movies too, which are still going on.

Plus, we get one more Pentagon game.
>>
I'm not saying this to kill HYPE, just to temper it - /vp/ tends to work up it's hype to a point where it ultimately gets disappointed, and then blames everyone but themselves.
>>
I wish that would be the case but the fact that they already have logos prepared make me think this is probably going to be tomorrow's announcement
>>
>>25321682
>smug collective
>not made of individual smugs
0/10
>>
>>25321682
Explain why Masuda posted a shit quality image of the moon during daytime on his twitter.
>>
>>25321682
That trademark list is for stuff coming up. XY, ORAS, and Pokemon Bank were all filed three to six months before release.
>>
Of course Sun and Moon wont be out right away, dumbass. Most of us are hyped for the announcement fir right now
>>
>>25322292
That's not what I meant and you know it.

I think there's still going to be a game between SM and XY. Z, or XY2
>>
We're getting it this year but it's not going to be a gen 7 game.
>>
>>25322377
>pokemon black white isn't a gen 5 game guys, it will be out on the 3ds!
>>
>>25321682
>one more Pentagon game
There's two open slots, anon
One could go unused in the event we get Z, but it's less than 24 hours before one of us is proven right anyway.
>>
>gen6.5 fag in denial
>>
>>25322423
>There's two open slots, anon
I could've sworn there was only one.

This changes things, maybe.
>>
>>25322410
Gen 5 was announced after Giratina's forme was actually used and the anime was almost done the Sinnoh league. This isn't the same case.
>>
>>25322470
>this isn't the same case
Nope. But they'll be released on 3ds and they'll be gen 7
>>
Going by previous games, this is around the right set of months, in the right year for the next generation to be revealed. Then released for the Christmas holidays 2016.
I wouldn't be surprised if we get both a Z for close release, and then S/M to pop in at the end of the year. Following previous release patterns, 'Z' should have arrived late last year.
>>
>>25322479
No. They'll be released on 3DS and be on gen 6. Because Floette still hasn't been distributed, Zygarde's forme still hasn't been in a 6th gen game, there are still two Pentagon slots (which, surprise surprise, match the TWO versions that just got leaked), so the Souvenir can get used, and so the anime has time to actually finish properly.
>>
>>25322499
>because floette hasn't been distributed
The games won't be out for at least 9 months
>>
>>25322515
Which will be a great amount of time to release Volcanion. But Volcanion AND AZ Floette? I doubt it.
>>
>>25321682
The only thing more retarded than skipping Z and announcing a new pair of games instead would be using your big 20th anniversary direct to announce to announce a 3rd version game (Z), as those always end up under hyped and have considerably lower sales than the other types of mainline games.

This year without a release, Magearna, Zygarde forms in anime with no game in sight, etc. have had me suspicious for a while now as to what game freak was doing (there is NO reason it would take this long to come out with Z unless they lost all their XY source code or something), but with this 20th anniversary announcement and these trademarked logos, it seems clear to me they are likely skipping right ahead into some new, possibly larger scale games.

I dont want to hype myself up, but I really am hoping they have something new to bring to the table for these games, Yokai watch was still relevant during the development time for whatever they were making so they may have had pressure to do something big to beat otu the competition I dont know.

Either way I would rather a new gen than Z, kalos is a boring as shit region and pokemon hype isnt pokemon hype without new pokemon reveals.
>>
>>25322480
>I wouldn't be surprised if we get both a Z for close release, and then S/M to pop in at the end of the year. Following previous release patterns, 'Z' should have arrived late last year.
I know I'm going off "muh patterns", but have they ever released two sets of main games in a year?

At the very least, that'd be bad for business. People might not want to buy a main title twice in one year.
>>
>>25322536
Literally why not? They release a legendary every month, they released the 3 shiny dogs, spiky pichu etc all before hgss.

They never even released arceus
>>
>>25322545
I think they stopped doing 3rd versions because it decreases sales since you'd just have people endlessly waiting for the third version then never purchasing anything because they dont care anymore.
Though BW2 didn't really sell more than plat/emerald sadly.
>>
>>25322656
While I dont recall the source, I do remember something about Masuda saying how he wanted to break the formula with game releases or something because of how predictable it had become.

I feel like after BW2 happened instead of 3rd versions, and gen 6 gave us a new type, megas, and only 72 pokemon, we should really stop trying to predict things base on past formulas. Sure ORAS happened, but the patterns would have dictated they come out in gen 5, not gen 6.
>>
>>25322638
>They never even released arceus

Yes they did. When HGSS come out. To advertise the movie that came out alongside it.

Wow! It's almost as if they could leave 2017 to release Floette and advertise that year's movie! Now isn't that convenient?
>>
>>25322705
XY has like 30 megas. so that's still +100 new mons like it or not

>>25322711
>when the other game came out they released the past gen's legendary
See the irony here?
>>
>>25322238
Autism.
>>
>>25322605
I don't think so. But I'm still going off the thought that Z is simply late. That for whatever reason, it just was rescheduled. If SunMoon are indeed GenVII then it's right on track, and Z is the odd one out.
>>
>>25322747
>XY has like 30 megas. so that's still +100 new mons like it or not

Megas aren't new Pokemon.

>See the irony here?

No. Movies come out during the summer. Games come out during the Fall. It would still before the 7th gen.
>>
>>25322605

I could see 'Z' released later this year and Sun/Moon released during spring or something. The titles could very well be left as small teasers on the newest pokemon game project. XY seems to be the only game that got the treatment of revealing a decent chunk of the game right when it was first revealed on the Direct instead of teased in small doses like previous gens where we got silhouettes and all that mysterious junk.
>>
>>25322838
>I could see 'Z' released later this year and Sun/Moon released during spring or something.
Problem with this is that I don't think they'd announce the game a year in advance.

Normally it's around 8ish months
>>
>>25321682
I'm just praying sun and moon aren't real. That's a fucking terrible name.
>>
>>25323002
>That's a fucking terrible name.
I disagree.

At the very least, Megaman got away with it pretty well
>>
>>25323002
What kind of name would you have chosen?
>>
>>25322825
>Megas aren't new Pokemon.
retard

>no
check again then
>>
File: 1424750757150.png (36 KB, 242x254) Image search: [Google]
1424750757150.png
36 KB, 242x254
>>25322825

Not the same anon but quit this denial. Yes, they are considered new pokemon. It is no different than new prexisting pokemon evolutions. The only difference is that they follow a different method of evolving that are only temporary. They also made large amount of them. First time in the game's history they ever gave this many past pokemon this kind of attention. So yes, Mega actually have a right to add to the number count.
>>
>>25323020
I don't know, probably would've gone back to either gems or colors, not celestial bodies.
>>
>>25323124
Gen V splicing is new pokemon too then, huh?
If anyone here is in denial
>It is no different than new prexisting pokemon evolutions
>The only difference is that they follow a different method of evolving that are only temporary
A neat-o form slapped on to pokemon don't count as new pokemon. I admit the idea is nice, and have nothing against it, but it doesn't really count.
>>
>>25323147
There really arent a lot of gems or colors or precious metals left that can still make a good duality.

Pokemon game names have always been more about the duality of the names rather than the theme of them. D/P might be an exception because I cant think of anything there.
>>
>>25323169
Common stuff used as jewelry that may involve dead animals. Idk what to say about Platinum.
>>
>>25323002
Kinda thought up Dawn/Dusk based on Umbreon and Espeon. Never though Solrock and Lunatone would get that kind of attention first.
Also I'm fairly certain Digimon did it already.
>>
>>25323020
>>25323002
Pokemon Lunar and Solar would've been better.
>>
File: xysunmoon.png (371 KB, 1017x591) Image search: [Google]
xysunmoon.png
371 KB, 1017x591
>>25321682
You're correct that the people who expect Sun and Moon to be Gen 7 games, complete with a full new lineup of Pokemon are wrong.
You're correct that we still need the Zygarde forms and various loose ends tied up.
You're wrong about getting Z first. The timing of these trademarks and domain names is no coincidence.
The real explanation is that Sun and Moon will likely be something like Gen 6.5. Zygarde's colors matching up with XY together with Sun/Moon makes it pretty clear. We'll be getting a BW2-esque sequel type deal, with a new region (alluded to by that one backpacker with the Strange Souvenir) and/or southern Kalos - maybe the southern part of not-France is a different region in the Pokemon world, maybe we'll be somewhere else entirely, maybe only part of the game will be in the new area a la BW2.
There might be a few new Pokemon - new Megas are a given, and Magearna at least is pretty much guaranteed to show up, and will probably be involved in fusing the Zygarde cores together. There probably won't be new starters or a significant number of new Pokemon in general though.
>>
>>25323363
>Those chest colors
Well shit
>>
File: xatu.png (292 KB, 848x734) Image search: [Google]
xatu.png
292 KB, 848x734
Assuming it's XY.5, and there are new Megas. what bro(s) do you want to be added?
Pic related for me, also Espeon if they don't fuck it up (and umbreon by extent)
>>
>>25323344
Would sound cooler as a name when you say both together, but their nature as adjectives would make them kind of weird as individual games
>hey anon, what are you playing?
>Pokemon Lunar!
>Pokemon lunar what?
>>
>>25322753
Whoa dude. Epic!!!
>>
>>25323501
10/10 would use.
I already like Xatu, but that'd just make it even more of a bro.
>>
>>25323525
Hmm, could be Lunar Blue and Solar Red then
>>
>>25323167

I'm sure you wouldn't complain if they slapped new names on them and said they were regular evolution instead. I can understand if they only just made a few megas along with 70 Kalos pokemon. Instead though they made around 30 of them in XY alone. That still takes work to create just like a normal evolution of an old pokemon, which are considerate 'new' pokemon in-game. Not too close with being the same but just enough to be justify being counted. They still went through the time to create them and add them into the game along with the 70 Kalos pokemon. That paired with the task of actually making their 3d models with the rest of the 600+ past pokemon that had to made for the game too. Feel free to stay in denial about believing they don't count but I'm sure in this particular case they actually belong being added to the total amount of this gen.
>>
>>25323777
>different evolution
>I'm sure you wouldn't complain if it was actual evolution and thus new pokemon
Well, yeah, duh. Maybe a tad upsetting for the pokemon that would be 4-stage, but it'd be new pokemon. Like I said, I find the Mega idea to be neat, but it doesn't count as regular evolution, and it doesn't count as new pokemon. Castform's battle-changes don't count as different pokemon either.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.