[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what /vp/ want to see in 7th generation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
what /vp/ want to see in 7th generation?
>>
Waifus, I want more waifus.

I also want Waifu Amie, to see if that gets taken out of the localization as well, or if Pokemon is too big for that.
>>
>regional magical lady
>regional ghost
>regional bruiser brawler
>regional fish to serpent mon
>regional kaiji specifically baragon
>>
>>25304591
The removal of IVs. I'm one of those fags.
>>
Season specific pokemon that can only be caught during certain times of the year.
More pokemon "patterns" like the moth.
>>
>>25304591
Plot that isn't ass.
>>
>>25304591
no more Hm`s
>>
>>25304780
>giving a shit about plot
embarrassing
>>
>>25304591
I want gay marriage.
>>
>>25305019
We already got that
>>
better looking models. their first attempt wasn't bad, but i'd like less goofy looking models.
>>
Honestly I want a post game something good to grind gyms to rematch, battle frontier (that you have the an open level option that gives experience), for it to use the c stick on the new 3ds for puzzles and camera control, and as stupid as it sounds multiple saves available so I can complete everything and still have a save for a nuzlock or something.
>>
>good ol' douchey asshole rival
>champion that doesn't constantly bump into character throughout the game
>evos/pre evos for pokemon that really need them (no I don't mean megas you fucking cuck)

I'm gonna bet none of it will happen though but I'm still gonna hand my money over to jewtendo
>>
File: Jiggles.png (497 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jiggles.png
497 KB, 1280x720
At least 110 new mons
Maybe 20-30 megas
No need for HMs
just remove IVs. EVs are all we need fuck breeding for 600 hours
Ice is now resistant to flying and dragon
Fire no longer resists fairy
Bug is now neutral on fairy
Psychic resists fairy
Poison is SE on water
A physical rock move that doesn't always miss
Gym leaders with more than 3 mons
Post game would be nice
PWT returning
A game that has as good of pokemon distribution ass Kalos had
However at the same time, no free Pokemon that are stronger than everything else before you even have 4 badges
An option to skip tutorials
A rival like Barry/Silver/Blue no push overs
No more than 6 legendaries
Ban retarded trades on GTS
Shallow or bare bones plot because it's Pokemon, I make up my own autistic plot in my head when playing it and I'm pretty sure a lot more people do anyway
>>
>>25304646
this fucking hell i've been waiting since the 4th generation

I'd love to see more ways to battle other people online. Multis were a good start. Maybe something like the rental mode from Battle Factory where you use only Rental Pokemon provided to you.
>>
I'd love them to do something similar to what Dragon quest 11 is about to do. A 3d/2d view thing.

And less linear roads I guess.

And pokemon following you.

Yup that's basically it.
>>
>>25307140
Most champs do that. Even in RBY Think about it.
>>
They fucked the series up with 20 "legendaries", 5 DLC "legendaries", the trash tier 3D, shit pokemon designs and mega evolutions, there's really no hope for gen 7
>>
>>25307892
Why wouldn't the 3D get better? The series started with trash tier 2D. GF has to work its way back up again.
>>
>>25304591
first thing i'd like, is about small fixes on forgotten things. like enabling nidoqueen to breed. or changing sonic boom and dragon rage to work differently, maybe like seismic toss. and changing gen1 normal OHKO types to more interesting/related ones.
>will never happen
other than that... character customization. and i'd like multiple storylines. you could start as a ten years old boy about to start his adventure or as an older person, traveling for the first time in the new continent without any of his pokemon to get a fresh adventure "like when he was a kid". I'm sick of being a hat-wearing little boy
>will not happen too
>>
A game that revisits an old region(s) that isn't necessarily a remake.
>>
>>25307892
Mega Evolution didn't happen in Gen 4 dumbass.
>>
>>25307963
This. Revisit an old region that has completely changed due to legendary shenanigans.

Here's an example:

Take Kanto. Say that the bird trio has been doing crazy.

Make some regions snowy, some regions desert. Remove the water route from fushia to cinabar make it a desert.

Make Celadon flooded.

Stuff like that.
>>
>>25307969
Fuck off.
We've seen too much of Kanto as it is.

Also none of those changes make a lick of sense aside from the snow if you stretch it.
>>
>>25307938
Non-linear single player with minor and some major story elements changing depending on which areas you complete first would be slightly more doable. But won't happen either.
I think the MCs should remain youthful. A big part of (at least classic) pokémon's flavor was being a kid going out into the world on this coming of age journey. Kids love those sort of tales. Especially when they're set in modern day because in this fantasy they're skipping school and don't have parents breathing down their necks. I still think no game has beaten Earthbound in this regard.

Gf should've expanded on being a lone kid away from their family and going on a long journey. Through plot and maybe a few mechanics. I would even be okay with them doing something annoying like homesickness. At least back when the fans were more open to change in some basic mechanics.
>>
>>25308023
>Non-linear single player
Doesn't work with core elements of Pokemon.
Especially the single player aspect.

> Kids love those sort of tales.
Kids don't care for tales anymore, get with the times.
>>
>>25304591
Colosseum/XD remakes/reworking for the 3DS.
Maybe even making the region more traditional while keeping the characters and story powerful. I want it.
>>
>>25307969
>Be divining on Cinnabar
>see volcanic eruption
>nobody believes me
>science dies
>get fukt
It happened to a degree in HGSS
>>
>>25308100
I'd prefer a HD remake of the two games but have them on a single disc.
In any case Colosseum and XD on 3DS would also fit the two game pairing the only thing that would need changing is Colosseum by updating it with some of the features in XD.
>>
Nidoran and Nidoran reworked into the same pokemon that evolves into Nidoria or Nidorino depending on the sex
>>
We'll start with the fundamentals:
- EVs are boosted to 510 x 2 = 1020
- Pokemon models are more colourful and not washed out
- overworld looks better and not too cartoony. NO MORE SQUARE PUDDLES, THAT'S IDIOTIC.
- better 3D fps balance if it's possible. at least make it 45 fps
- better AI and harder difficulty
- better story

nitpicking time:
- better post game
- a plenty of unique new mons
- easier or at least same kind of access ORAS had with "fly to any route".
- new mega evolution
- better designed mega evolution
>>
>>25304591
I wanna see battle factory again, it was fun drafting random teams.
>>
>>25307223
I'm honestly fine with almost of this.
Things I would personally change would be;
>Ice is now resistant to Flying and Ground
>A plot thats actually engaging. Not complex, but makes you think the villains could win or have a point. Also no NPC who keeps pushing you forward as "the chosen one", maybe often you break/sneak into Team Evil's places after Steve.02 tells you not to, and you prove to the NPC's how capable you are
Also
>No HMs - instead, a pokemon's typing and body type (from their dex entries) determine what "HM abilities" they have, with Gym Badges acting like driving licenses that prove you're capable enough a trainer to surf harsh seas, fly the skies or landscape the area (Cut)
>>
>>25308220
I wanted to add that i want more gameplay after you become champ, so that everywhere you go npc are like "omg it's the freakin champ"
>>
1 rival, who is similar to Silver from HGSS, in that he starts off as Shadow the Hedgehog but slowly realises why he's not winning everytime he loses to you. Then when you start seeing him much later on, he starts to show changes and caring for his pokemon but keeps shrugging it off to appear cool.
This type of rival is one we hate at first but eventually root for, hoping they become good and enjoy seeing them change their tunes.
Then they help you during the last "Team ___" dungeon by being your Doubles Partner

Either that or, in a twist, they start off as your bestest bud 5ever and become evil towards the end, maybe frustrated that they keep losing to you.

I'd also like to have all the new pokemon fulfil the remaining unused type combinations, including ones that are Legendary, Mega, and Forme only (e.g. Dragon/Fire, Normal/Fighting)
>>
>>25308186
Hey dipshit, they are the same pokemon
>>
File: ¥€$.png (218 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
¥€$.png
218 KB, 400x534
>>25308243
>Area near beginning of game
>"Whoa there Scrub McNewbie, this place is for PROS ONLY"
>Complete game/important segment
>"O-oh! Mr c-champion, please, right this way!"
I love this trope in literally every game
>>
>20 years and still no poison type legendary
TWENTY YEARS
>>
>>25308243
Pretty sure X and Y does that in Lumiose.
>>
A game that is good on the first version. Waiting 3 years for a new version of a slightly adjusted story that fixes everything wrong with the first version is retarded.
>>
>>25308553
So Black and White?
>>
>>25304591
i want to go home
>>
>>25304663
This
I would also like seasons back, it'd look nice in 3D, especially in Kalos
>>
>>25307892
why are you here exactly?
>>
Yo-kai type for all the folklore based pokemon.

For example, Golduck would be water/yo-kai, because it is a kappa and Sawk andThroh would be yo-kai/fighting because they are based on oni
>>
I want to see another route 2 bird outclass Ho-oh so the smogonfags can cry like they did this gen
>>
File: pokemon_sun_moon.0.0.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_sun_moon.0.0.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>25304591
it is real !!!!
>>
>>25304591
Art like this for cutscenes
>>
>>25308303
They aren't, two different 'dex numbers.
>>
>>25304591
You guys realize that with the new “Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon” that we’re gonna end up saying “Pokemon S&M” and I’m gonna be trying to not laugh every time I hear it.
>>
Honestly I think a lot of my biggest problems are actually superficial ones.

The Pokemon models of course have been talked about before. Changing colors and animations is great, but I would also like for them to fix the scale of the damn things. It's really dumb to see something like Wailord be that small. It's a turn-based game, a huge model isn't obstructive to gameplay. The camera zooms in and out anyway, so you might as well make use of that.

I'd also really would love to see them get rid of that stupid circle underneath Pokemon during battle and place them in "actual" fields. Is there any good reason other than tradition to keeping those? They're a real eyesore. I dunno, it just bothers the hell out of me that they keep that even though it's not necessary, nor does it tickle my nostalgia bone.

Now that they're using 3D graphics, stop using the dumb overhead view, it completely defeats the point. A behind-the-head camera, or better yet one you can control would allow players to appreciate the environments a lot more. If using a fixed camera, make sure to design the maps so you can avoid an issue that exists with some of the Azure Bay- sometimes its really hard to tell where the you are.

Finally, probably most important- have a strong "theme" which the region is built around. I think my biggest problem with Kalos is that the "theme" of the region wasn't as memorable to me as Hoenn or Sinnoh. The former with the sea/land theme and the latter with the snowy areas and lots of caves. Unova's "completely new region with only new Pokemon" idea was great too, I wouldn't mind doing that again.
>>
File: hitm.jpg (116 KB, 700x950) Image search: [Google]
hitm.jpg
116 KB, 700x950
if the anime's anything to go by, they're gonna introduce some kind of Hyper form mechanic or something outside of mega evolution.
Now, I'll save the rant for why that's dumb and unecesary, but if it's gonna happen anyway I would like for some of my neglected favs to get it.
Mostly I want it for Hitmonchan. All the Hitmon's, really.
>>
A dolphin pokemon. Hopefully it won't be something shit like water/ice.

Remove friends. The only faggot who I want following me around is one rival.
>>
>>25304591
does anyone have that image in a higher res?
>>
File: 1442264830477.png (39 KB, 535x265) Image search: [Google]
1442264830477.png
39 KB, 535x265
>>25310817
Alternatively, Pokemon Su/Mo.
>>
Amiibo exclusive legendaries
>>
>>25308229
>Ground
Ground is already resisted by grass, bug and useless against flaying and flying and levitate mons.
Dragon is useless against fairies (A rare type) and does little damage to steel. Outrage spam isn't as unstoppable as it was in Gen IV and V but dragons are still very over powered for the most part
>>
>>25308186
This should've happened in Gen IV but it never will cause it will because of muh original 151
>>
>>25308205
>- better designed mega evolution
This is the only legit nit pick in your nit pick section, the rest are legit
>>
File: 1454552748192.png (567 KB, 657x726) Image search: [Google]
1454552748192.png
567 KB, 657x726
>>25304591
More tits and ass. Also the ability to impregnate girls. and even our pokemon if you want
>>
>>25311787
>and even our pokemon if you want
>>
Get rid of Mega's, but it's far too late for that.

>>New mons so I have things to train again
>>Seasons
>>Difficulty levels
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.