[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats GF's most shameless restriction in the games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4
File: pikachuquestion.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pikachuquestion.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
I would say HGSS's inability to evolve Leafeon, Glaceon, and Magnezone or FRLG with Espeon and Umbreon.
>>
FRLG's inability to evolve Golbat to Crobat
>>
>>25286707
Nothing wrong with version exclusives. They've existed since gen 1.

>>25286712
This is kinda silly though
>>
Why couldn't DP just transfer Pokemon from GBA? There was no point everyone recatch every single one. Or did the hardware suck so much that we could only transfer a few at a time and not a box at a time?
>>
Leaving BF out of ORAS because muh mobile casual audience
>>
DP blocking most of the new cross-gen evos until post-game with a couple of them insertion-exclusive and one even not in the game at all (Tangela).
>>
>>25286855
>Why couldn't DP just transfer Pokemon from GBA? There was no point everyone recatch every single one. Or did the hardware suck so much that we could only transfer a few at a time and not a box at a time?
>>>
> Anonymous 02/22/16(Mon)14:13:27 No.25286855▶
>Leaving BF out of ORAS because muh mobile casual audience

Also what they did to Granite Cave, they were so obsessed with making the game easier that they blocked access to Mawile/Sableye and Nosepass until you get the bikes.
>>
>>25286720
>Nothing wrong with version exclusives.
Except they aren't version exclusives are they.
You can obtain their previous forms but can't evolve them.

It would be the equivalent of removing the evolution stones and saying the items are exclusive.
>>
>>25286849
They just wanted a minigame.
A daily one at that.

Gen 4 was a retarded gen.
>>
>>25286864
The evolutions are exclusive to DPP and XD/Colosseum. There's nothing wrong with that but it's obviously a clunky way to do things compared to standard exclusivity.
>>
>>25286707
Nothing can get worse than those. You literally can't catch them all with those sets of games alone because of it.
>>
>>25286862
Thanks for reminding me I forgot to go back there with a bike a year later.
>>
File: 1311857614477.png (20 KB, 706x660) Image search: [Google]
1311857614477.png
20 KB, 706x660
>>25286855
this was bad.
>>25286712
also bad.

exclusive things particularly in pre-genIV games that 99% of players could not possibly have enjoyed because of said exclusiveness, this is still a problem even now.
>>
>>25286884
>The evolutions are exclusive to DPP and XD/Colosseum.
Except you could get Umbreon and Espeon in RSE. They just decided to remove time in FRLG for no reason.
Also there's no excuse for HGSS when even ORAS had the ability to evolve them on top of that HGSS had several locations that would have worked.

Then Eevee, Magnemite and Nosepass were all available in those games in the region. There's no excuse.
>>
>>25286899
Nigga you can just emulate it.
>>
>>25286916
>no reason

there's no clock in FRLG, those are time dependant evolutions. It makes a kind of sense
>>
>>25286993
So they removed time for no reason. Glad we can agree.
>>
>>25286993
Then put one in?
It's not that hard when they already have the assets.

Why the fuck would you even try to justify that?
>>
>>25287010
>no reason

they removed time because it takes a battery and nothing else used time in FRLG. RSE was already pretty thin compared to GSC's time
>>
>>25286993
GF sure seems to act like they hate Johto Pokemon. There were even like 20 that couldn't be gotten until Emerald. Also making Ho-Oh and Lugia event only that gen.
>>
>>25287021
So instead of, I don't know adding in some time based content, they decided to remove it for no reason.

What is wrong with you?
>>
>>25287022
Altering Cave was fucking shit too.

>'Hey, let's make a cave where you can catch all remaining non-starter Johto mons but to catch them, you have to go to an event. And of course, we'll never distribute that event, not even in Japan, so all they can catch is a Zubat.'
>>
>>25287021
>add battery
>make time based events
Done.
>>
>>25287038
That was too retarded. That has to be their lowest point.
>>
>>25287038
I thought it was an ereader thing?
Or was that just the one guy?
>>
>>25287052
No, to be more precise, it was a Mystery Gift event. Never distributed.
>>
>>25287052
They didn't release the ereader events outside of Japan either lmbo
>>
>>25287065
That affected Ampharos, Houndoom, Smeargle, Aipom, Shuckle, Stantler, Pineco, and Ursaring.
>>
>>25287044
>all that for 2 pokemon that can easily be caught in every other game that generation including being gifted them as your starters in Colosseum

unless you go full GSC/DPPt there's no point time events
>>
>>25287022
At least you can get Ho-Oh and Lugia through the Gamecube games, though Ho-Oh's requirements are one hell of a grind
>>
>>25287022
XD had both Ho-oh and Lugia.
>>
>>25287085
>Eevee
>available in RSE
>buying one game and a new system for 2 pokemon when they should have given you the ability to get it in the game it's prevo is in
Do we have a game freak employee here tonight or something?
Also why are you opposed to more content in a game that barely has any?
>>
File: 1455565358188.png (956 KB, 841x849) Image search: [Google]
1455565358188.png
956 KB, 841x849
>>25286879
What the fuck did you just fucking say about gen 4 you little bitch?
>>
>>25287126
Oh yeah and you needed the GCN link cable too.

That's a ridiculous amount of hassle for the player when the developers could have just added time based events in or at the very least an area to evolve them.
>>
>>25287126
Because it would be shit content. Did shoal cave really add to your enjoyment or did it just make it a pain in the ass to catch Snorunt after a couple years
>>
>>25287137
>complaining about needing to buy gimmicks
>on a pokemon board

Pokemon might as well be a DLC scheme from the start
>>
>>25286707
Gen 3 overall had some fucked up restrictions. No Day/Night, FRLG pokédex, altering caves, needing 5 games to actually catch them all and other stuff.
>>
>>25287139
>because it would be shit content
Yeah because Shoal Cave was the only time based event ever to occur in Pokemon games.
>>
>>25287146
So you're trying to justify it because you've come to accept it?
What kind of retard are you? That's the kind of shit that fans shouldn't be supporting.
>>
>>25287128
Gen 4 is worst gen shitsucker.
>>
>>25287154
Reminder that game exclusives are only a problem for people who don't have friends or money
>>
>>25287148
Actually, if you count the Gamecube games then it's only 4 games, Emerald, Leaf Green, Colosseum and XD. Alternatively you can just use Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red and Leaf Green. It's not really different from any other game past gen 3, the only difference is that gen 3 has no Wi-Fi trading.
>>
>>25287171
If you're taking the GBA only route you need Emerald. FRLG is lacking in certain Johto mon.
>>
>>25287154
You knew what you were getting into from the start. The franchise is built around gimmicks that make you buy stuff. Gotta catch 'em all, just buy 2 GBs, a link cable and two separate games. Did you buy the third version? Too bad, you still have to trade with both versions. The only reason I have a GB link cable was because I wanted to trade at schoo and be the power broker. Same with my GBA cable.
>>
>>25287159
My my, look who can project. Let me guess, mommy's still buying your systems right?
Needless to say forcing your customers to buy a new system just for one aspect of one game is the most Jewish thing you can do.
Regardless of the two game aspect these weren't available in either pair which was only repeated once in Hg/Ss. No other game has done it since.
>>
>>25287178
See >>25287192
Just because you're used to it doesn't mean you should put up with it when it gets worse.
>>
>>25287192
nice memes
>>
>>25287178
>The franchise is built around gimmicks that make you buy stuff.
Not an excuse when previous titles had you or your friend had you only purchase a link cable. The rest was optional.

In any case it seems like they've grown a few brain cells and realised how stupid that actually was.
>>
>>25287158
Not when the garbage that was gen 5 exists
>>
>>25287213
>transfers weren't daily
>every pokemon was available
>no useless Poketch
Gen 5 was one of the better ones.
>>
>>25286707
Yeah, they should've had Viridian Forest, Seafoam islands and Kanto's Power Plant work for those evos. If they wanted them to be available pre-E4 then Ilex Forest, Ice Path and Lake of Rage would've worked
>>
>>25287205
So should I just take that as a "I have no more points and can't defend GF so I'll just shitpost instead" then?
>>
>>25287235
>he thinks it's an argument
>>
>>25287225
Gen 5 is easily the worst gen of the series
It added nothing to pokemon
Gen 1- the basics
gen 2- added two new types, special defense, weather
gen 3- abilities
gen 4- special/physical split
gen 5- NOTHING
gen 6- fairy type, mega evolutions
>>
>>25287241
I'll give you that, it's pretty one sided on your end
>>
They seem to not like evolutions to be possible in older regions that they remake. If an area doesn't evolve Eevee into Leafeon in the original Kanto, it don't work in a remake of Kanto, either. etc.
>>
>>25287174
You're right, I just remembered that Emerald has exclusive Johto Pokemon. Although Emerald lacks a few Hoenn Pokemon that you can only get in Ruby and Sapphire, those missing Pokemon are also available in XD. I guess you don't really need Colosseum, although it's an easy way to get the Johto starters without having to reset and complete the whole Hoenn Pokedex three times in Emerald. And all the exclusives in Fire Red are available in Colosseum or XD. The reason you need Leaf Green is because it's the only game where you can get Slowpoke.
>>
>>25287253
>nothing
>multiplayer at any point in time without being restricted to the pokemon center and a precursor to street pass
>triples and rotations
>Global link
>>
Making certain mons exclusive to the console games would have been okay if the Gamecube's internet adapter was more widely used with pokemon servers that weren't bad.

Gamefreak was clearly gunning for making cross-platform their new business model but that didn't pan out at all. The NX will probably change that. I can see Gamefreak pulling another Manaphy stunt.
>>
>>25287289
Hidden abilities too
>>
Gen 2 requiring you to have gen 1 to complete the Pokedex was pretty shitty. They could have easily given you the Kanto starters at the end of the game, had the legendary birds and Mewtwo available in their usual location and have the fossils obtainable in the Ruins of Alph or Pewter City. At least they fixed this in HGSS.
>>
>>25287253
reusable TMs, buncha new abilities and moves, animations, best approach to grinding yet
>>
>>25286862
are you fucking copy/pasting post numbers and then adding >>?
>>
>>25287433
She has text highlighted when she opens the reply box.
>>
File: 1449437424748.jpg (51 KB, 670x472) Image search: [Google]
1449437424748.jpg
51 KB, 670x472
>>25287452
>she
are you making a poor attempt to pretend that's not you and defend yourself?
>>
>>25287038
Should have been time-based.
>>
>>25287158
My issues were the speed, the Dex, and the HMs.
Other than that, it was pretty good. I also used to hate a lot of the new Pokemon, but I've grown to like a lot of them, especially the cross-gens.
>>
GF was not just cruel to the cross evos in Sinnoh.

Rotom was post-game. Spiritomb was ridiculous hard to get. But the worst is what they did to Drapion, Toxicroak, and Carnivine. The only way to get them was the Safari Zone and they were random Pokemon everyday.

Plus putting Combee, Cherubi, Burmy, Heracross, Ambipom, and Snorlax stuck on honey trees with 12 hour wait.

All that made the tiny Sinnoh pokedex worse.
>>
Why look at Generation 4. Its got tons of shameless restrictions put in to pad the game. Theyre all just shameless attempts to make the game have more daily events when theyre all just shit and the generation seemed more of a rushed and sloppy mess because of it.
>>
>>25287253
>missing most of the changes in gen 3 & 4
no wonder you clearly cannot understand what makes gen 5 so good. or maybe you cant appreciate a game with actual time and care put into their development.
>>
Like a third of all pokemon being impossible to get when gen 3 first happened. One of the only games in the series where it was impossible to complete your dex when it released. XY did it but you could eventually transfer pokemon.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.