[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Wow! What was that!?" >"That was Brave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2016-02-22-09-15-43.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-22-09-15-43.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>"Wow! What was that!?"
>"That was Brave Bird and it is without a doubt one of the strongest flying type moves!"
>"Wow, really?"
Did this faggot really forget his Staraptor?
>>
>>25285102
And to think losers on this board praise this shitty XY anime
>>
>>25285102
Did this faggot really watch the shitty dub?
>>
>>25285102
He forgets everything when a new generation starts. Don't question it, you'll only get a headache. The fact he wins most battles now is due mostly to insane plot armor.
>>
>>25285102
Dub retardedness. In the original he says "That was...!" and Clemont completes his sentence by stating it's Brave Bird. It would be stupid to forget it since he had also faced a Talonflame that spammed it in the episode where Fletchling evolved into Fletchinder.
>>
>>25285102
>dub
>>
>using dub
>>
WOW OP IT'S ALMOST LIKE THE ANIME IS PURELY A MARKETING TOOL FOR THE GAMES AND EPISODES NEVER REALLY PROGRESS BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO HUMOR THE POSSIBILITY THAT EVERY EPISODE IS A KID'S FIRST EPISODE AND DON'T WANT TO ALIENATE NEW WATCHERS
>>
>>25285102
Apparently the only old Pokémon of his he remembers is Charizard.
>>
>>25285170

Please don't confuse "the anime" with "the anime dub." You're still right about some things, but even the Jap version isn't nearly as stupid as the translation makes it out to be. See >>25285131
>>
>All these poor saps watching the dub
You know, maybe if you watched the subs you wouldn't get things like this along with your shitty UFO music.
>>
Dub bullshit.

Jap Satoshi has a perfect track record so far for remembering things he should remember.
>>
File: flat_800x800_070_f.jpg (82 KB, 800x434) Image search: [Google]
flat_800x800_070_f.jpg
82 KB, 800x434
>>25285102

>watching the dub

Fucking idiot
>>
>>25285660
People love them aylmaos
>>
>>25285102
>using dub lines when original has him recall it perfectly
Honestly, considering his Fletch smashing through cliffs with a Flame Charge and taking a murderous Flamethrower to the face while flying straight across a volcano, why wouldn't he forget Staraptor for Bravest Bird?
>>
>>25285123
Stop watching the dub.
>>
>>25285854
>>25285684
>>25285674
>>25285660
>>25285203
>>25285131
He doesn't know what it is in the sub either. He goes "That was.." Clemont explains it, and then he sais "I see" like he didn't know what it was before. Stop using the dub to excuse your shitty show.
>>
>>25285102
Maybe the anime is made for kids that don't remember DP anime :^)
>>
>>25287932
>He doesn't know what it is in the sub either.
He does though.
>>
>>25287990
He doesn't. Try reading the post next time.
>>
>>25287993
I didn't have to read beyond the first sentence because it was wrong though.
>>
>>25288000
It's not wrong if there's evidence in the episode that shows he doesn't know.
>>
>>25287932
You're a fucking idiot.

In the sub, Ash goes "That aas..", however before he could finish his sentence Clemont cut him off and explained for him.

The fact that Ash started off with "That was" means he knew what move it was without needing to be told. He's done this several times in XY already but every time he's been cut off.
>>
>>25288035
"That aas.." should be "That was..."

Stupid keyboard.
>>
>>25288035
No, he couldn't finish because he couldn't tell what it was. So Clemont had to explain it. Then he responds with "I see." Why would he say "I see" afterwards if he knew what it was before?
>>
File: 1401863559560.gif (2 MB, 334x206) Image search: [Google]
1401863559560.gif
2 MB, 334x206
I want to see how ashnimefags blame the dub on this one.
>>
>>25288055
Because like every side character that took Brock's role, they are always the one who informs the watchers what the fuck is happening.

>It's been poisoned
>It's been burned
>It is evolving
>It learned Leaf Blade

And the list goes on. You can't tell me this shit doesn't happen constantly because it does. Brock did it, Cilan did it and Now Clemont is the one who does it.

If he didn't know what it was, why the fuck would he say "That was.." if he didn't have a clue?

>>25288062
Not only did Ash recognize that it was a Gardevoir BEFORE he took out his Pokedex, but like with every game, you fill up that region's Pokedex with all the Pokemon in the region. How is is any different to what you'd do in the games?
>>
>>25288062
Do you know absolutely every Pokedex entry rom every game by heart?
>>
>>25288086
>Because like every side character that took Brock's role, they are always the one who informs the watchers what the fuck is happening.

But they don't have to consciously make Ash respond as if he didn't know what it is unless they really mean to show that he doesn't know what it is you faggot.

>If he didn't know what it was, why the fuck would he say "That was.." if he didn't have a clue?
Because he was starting a sentence trying to figure out what it was, but couldn't finish, so Clemont interrupted.

>>25288086
>Not only did Ash recognize that it was a Gardevoir BEFORE he took out his Pokedex

How do you know this? Literally all he says before taking out the pokedex is "The champion's Pokemon..."

>you fill up that region's Pokedex with all the Pokemon in the region
It doesn't work that way in the anime. They can look up any Pokemon they want at any time. The pokedex already has all the information pre loaded on it.

>>25288098
No, but I don't need to look up the pokedex entry of every Pokemon I see if I've seen it before unlike that retard ash.
>>
>>25288207
>No, but I don't need to look up the pokedex entry of every Pokemon I see if I've seen it before unlike that retard ash.

You don't know what the entry says, so if you'd like to know, that's exactly what you'd need to do.
>>
>>25285111
sad isnt it
>>
>>25288237
But I don't need to know what the entry says if I already know the Pokemon. Even if I don't know the exact dex entry I still know enough to the point where I don't need to check the dex each time.
>>
>>25288207
>looking shit up makes you a retard
>smart people like anon here just stay ignorant instead

Didn't think that one through too hard, did you?
>>
>>25288254
>both you and him knew what the Pokemon was
>neither you nor him knew/remembered what the dex said
>he looked it up
>now he knows something you don't
>somehow this makes him retarded
The only thing retarded here is your logic.
>>
>>25288258
No, looking it up REPEATEDLY makes you a retard. This is the trait of a shit trainer who needs help given to him constantly to succeed.

>>25288266
>neither you nor him knew/remembered what the dex said

But I do remember what the dex said. Just not the exact wording. Looking it up won't help the battle any.
>>
>>25288254
So you're saying that anyone that reads Pokedex entries are idiots because they don't really need to do so?
>>
>>25288279
So you actually remember roughly what every single dex entry for every single Pokemon in every single game says?
You should probably put that memory to better use than memorizing irrelevant Pokemon trivia, autist-kun :^)
>>
>>25288286
when it's because they keep forgetting information, yes
>>
>>25288279
>Looking it up won't help the battle any
>he's not even battling, he's watching a battle between two other trainers
Ebin
>>
>>25288302
>>25288298
>>
>>25288279

You're making yourself look more and more like a retard
>>
File: 1370575741077.gif (1 MB, 304x193) Image search: [Google]
1370575741077.gif
1 MB, 304x193
>>25288308
That makes it even worse. Because then he's DEFINITELY not looking it up for any kind of strategical advantage.

>>25288298
>>25288318
>h-he just needs to remember information about the pokemon!

Even for Pokemon he OWNED for a long ass time? LOL
>>
>>25288335
>LOL
>>
>>25288342
>>LOL
>>
>>25288335
What the hell kind of strategic advantage has anyone ever got from reading Pokedex entries? Are you just pretending to be retarded now?
>>
>>25288335
>LOL
Holy shit just leave
>>
>>25288335
>LOL

>>>/out/
>>
>>25288352
>What the hell kind of strategic advantage has anyone ever got from reading Pokedex entries?

Exactly. Glad we agree.

>>25288360
No. I bet if I said "kek" you would have been perfectly fine with it because MUH CULTURE even though it means exactly the same thing right?
>>
>>25288375
Just go.
>>
>>25288382
No. Maybe you should go back to your ashnime general.
>>
He owns a Buizel yet he scanned it.
Holy shit he should know Buizel front to back because he fucking owned one.
>>
>>25288335

>that makes it even worse

Are you not comprehending what the other anons are saying? There have been COUNTLESS times where Ash scans a Pokemon and he doesn't battle them, the Gardevoir was no different.

Ash scanning a Pokémon he has scanned before or owns does not make him a retard. Theres a huge time gap between the two same Pokemon he scans. When was the first time he scanned a Gardevoir? Longass time ago. Perhaps he forgot since it was so long ago, perhaps the show has new viewers that hasn't seen the old episodes, the writers most likely used this to have him scan Pokemon he scanned before just for convenience.
>>
>>25288414
Why not have someone else like Serena scan the one he's seen while he scans the one he hasn't seen? I remember that happening a few times in the DP anime
>>
>>25288451
That's literally what they do nearly every time.
>>
>>25285102
Did you play XY? The attack animations changed big time.
>>
>>25288469
every fucking time anon

>WHY DOES ANIME NOT DO X
>but XY does it
>HAHAHA YOU WATCH ANIME
>>
Think of it this way: How many animals can you identify by sight alone? There are perhaps thousands that you either don't know entirely or there's no way you'd know the differences between them. True, there's far less pokemon in existence than there are animals in the world, but it'd still be tough to remember them all. THAT BEING SAID, he should know far more than he does, but the anime started off that way, too. He was literally too dumb to live. He knows a lot more now, but he still has a very one track mind, and he's just not concerned with knowing EVERY pokemon, just the ones that are of immediate concern to him. There may be instances of him possessing a memory so short that that can be proven to not be the case, though.

Otherwise, he just needs the dex for identification. It never says anything that would be useful.
>>
>>25288712
Still doesn't explain how he doesn't remember Brave Bird when he spent time training one of his Pokemon to learn said move.
Let's not forget that he used that move constantly throughout that series.
>>
File: brave bird bullshit.png (3 MB, 1365x2301) Image search: [Google]
brave bird bullshit.png
3 MB, 1365x2301
Just to clear all this up so there are no discrepancies regarding what was said.
>>
>>25288739
>>25288782
>he thinks "what is that?" is the same as "this is...!"
>>
Consistency was never their strong suit. Even they are guilty of treating their children like they're dumber than bricks.
>>
>>25288834
people bring this up yet never use evidence to back it up

the only anomaly is BW
>>
>>25288782
>Ash starts commenting hinting he knows what it is
>gets cut off by Clemont talking about the technical aspects of it
>people jump to the dub thinking Ash didn't know what it actually was
>>
>>25288858
The dub is shit, not canon, and should be disregarded at all times.
>>
Let's just agree the show chooses when Ash should be aware and hen he needs to step back and let someone explain
>>
>>25288904
*Then
I type too lightly for my own good sometimes
>>
>>25288414
>Ash scanning a Pokémon he has scanned before or owns does not make him a retard

Yes it does. Repeatedly checking information because of forgetfulness is a sign of retardation.

>Theres a huge time gap between the two same Pokemon he scans
Not according to the ashnime where everything still takes place within 1 year.

>>25288858
Except he doesn't know what it is in the sub either.

>>25288872
The dub is canon. You not liking it doesn't make it not canon.
>>
>>25289029
>The dub is canon. You not liking it doesn't make it not canon.
The script is written by people who literally do not care about the show. With that being said, when the dub says something that contradicts what the Japanese version says, would you trust the original writers or some cheap translation?
>>
>>25289029

No reading comprehension is a sign of retardation
>>
>>25289029
>Except he doesn't know what it is in the sub either.
Oh yeah. I should also just redirect you to >>25288782. If you still have problems then you might have some trouble understanding English.
>>
>>25285102
His Staravia learning Brave Bird is literally the only reason I have six different OU teams and 3000+ pics focused around Starapator
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.