[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another reason ORAS isn't a good remake is the fact they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: lej to mleko.jpg (39 KB, 445x469) Image search: [Google]
lej to mleko.jpg
39 KB, 445x469
Another reason ORAS isn't a good remake is the fact they didnt fix shit when it comes to pokemon variation. Remake should be improved, not just the same shit converted to 3d and sadly ORAS was more of that. Its not hard to fix that even if the game was rushed, I still dont understand their flawed thinking.
>>
>>25280018
>What is the fucking dex nav after the Kyogre/Groudon event?
>>
ORAS IS PERFECT FUCKING GENWUNNER SHIT THE FUCK UP ALRSADY ABOUT TRUMPTWS AND WINGULLS MEMES
>>
>>25280018
After Primal Kyogre/Groudon retard
>>
>>25280026
>>25280036
Whats so fucking hard in adding more pokemon before that event? It was almost the end of the game, fuck off.
>>
>>25280046
>B-b-but those new Pokemon don't count!
Anti ORAShitters are even worse than ORAShitters
>>
>>25280046
But you can catch them later for the true game, called online battle.
>>
HGSS was worse in that regard but everyone sucks that game's dick.
>>
I get what you're saying but they have never really fixed this to an acceptable extent in any remake. The most they've ever done was in HGSS but it still ended up with one of the worst mon distribution in any mainline game like GSC.

Gamefreak gonna Gamefreak. We'll be lucky if they use Platinum's dex for the DP remakes.
>>
>>25280084
>whats the problem? you can get all pokemon online, just trade with other people:^)
>>
>>25280018
Going by this, HGSS are shit also. I agree that ORAS fucked up in a lot of places, but now you're just looking for shit to throw on it.

I bet you love HGSS, so remakes not fixing some of the flaws of the original must not bother you much.
>>
>>25280112
>>25280123
Cant argue with that, but HGSS was overall a good remake while ORAS is a shitty one.
>>
>>25280026
>>25280036
It's still shit if you have to wait until the end of the fucking game to get variety. At that point it doesn't matter anymore because you're almost done the story anyway.

>>25280123
OP said "another" reason. ORAS is still far shittier than HGSS.
>>
>>25280136
Also they could learn a lesson or two from past remakes and they copied flaws and didnt bring anything relevant, thats fucking hilarious.
>>
>>25280139
>Playing pokemon for the story
>>
>>25280136
>level curve still fucked
>Lugia and Ho-oh are forced in the story
>Johto still boring and Kanto still has a whole lot of nothing
>None of the encounters changed
>e4 still shit
It's not a good remake when it still has the major problems of the original.
>>
>>25280171
>missing the point this hard

The story itself has nothing to do with what I'm talking about you retard. I'm talking about the fact that you're almost done having to travel through routes and forced to encounter Pokemon since you're at the end of the game. But before then it would be WAY better if you don't fucking see Linoone and Wingull on every route. Having variety shoved in at the end barely means anything because soon after that you're just going to start transferring and trading for everything you need anyway.

>>25280192
>>level curve still fucked
ORAS' level curve is even worse. At least in HGSS I couldn't steam roll everything.

>>Johto still boring and Kanto still has a whole lot of nothing
No, they fixed Kanto. There are a bunch of dungeons opened up that weren't available in the originals.

>>e4 still shit
shit how? The fact that you can't sweep all of them easily like in 6th gen games?
>>
>>25280192
Dont remember me. Im a Johtofag, but to this day i hate that level curve. "Challeging" my ass.
>>
>>25280018
source?
I've been looking for the original video for a while, just give me something to google please
>>
>>25280018
>they didnt fix shit when it comes to pokemon variation

Neither did HGSS, yet people still think it's good.
>>
>>25280241
Not the original one, but its something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCmXeNJgsQw
>>
>>25280220
>No, they fixed Kanto.

Re-adding Cerulean Cave, Viridian Forest, and the Seafoam Islands is not "fixing" Kanto
>>
>>25280283
Yes it is. It's enough to explore and it's STILL far more content than ORAS has.

What does ORAS have again? Those fucking portals shoehorned in random places because they couldn't be assed to make new areas?
>>
>>25280316
Dont forget the MirageĀ“s islands, to catch yet more pokimon.
>>
>>25280269
thanks, I found it.

For anyone interested, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap4vqjJ9hzM is translated, while
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vtN5BmosBI is complete, I think.

Shit, I hope I won't have kids, like, ever.
>>
>>25280316
Gotta catch them all :DD
>>
>>25280220
>shit how? The fact that you can't sweep all of them easily like in 6th gen games?
Shit as in their teams are fucking awful
>THREE DRAGONITES NIGGA
>>
>>25280987
The ORAS e4 is even worse.

>Two Banette
>Two Glalie AND two Froslass
>Two Flygon
>>
>generation 6: adventures in handholding!
>the pokemon sensed your feelings and joined your team

gen 7's just gonna be a movie of "me" catching all the pokemon isn't it?
>>
>>25281004
That doesn't excuse HGSS being shit.
>>
>>25281126
HGSS isn't shit, fuck off, why would they compelety change the gym leader PokƩmon or E4? It's a remake, not a new game. And their team changes once you get the phone of every gym leader for rematch and the E4 and Lance gets an upgrade after you get your 16th badge. Did you even finish it HG/SS?
>>
>>25280018
You say this as if literally every other remake doesn't have the same problem
>>
>>25280220
>At least in HG/SS you couldn't steamroll everything
Shitter who didn't turn off the Exp. Share detected
>>
I'm 5 badges into oras and I think I've encountered about 20 different types of pokemon in total.

I think the sneaking up on/catching hidden pokemon mechanics have potential, given they let you see what kind of IVs and abilities you're getting to some extent, but it's wasted because fucking everything you're going to encounter is yet another garbagemonster.
>>
>>25281234
There's no reason to turn it off.
>>
>>25281589

HM Slaves level doesn't matter
>>
>>25281011

>starter is Lucario, no other option
>rivals follow you and heal your pokemon after every battle
>never get to wander around anywhere because your rivals will force you into lengthy dialogue and tour you around themselves
>Looks like Lucario wanted to tag along! Please choose a pokemon to send back to the PC.
>Ending speech is about how you couldn't have done it without Lucario

I can't wait.
>>
>>25280283
It is fixing GS Kanto... Those are the only locations they could add without altering what happened to Kanto in GS.
>>
>>25280018
I was hyped when I saw other region Pokemon in the encounter tables after ORAS started leaking but then it turned out you only get them after defeating the Primal. Bummer, the dex variety accounting for those additions would be pretty amazing.
>>
>>25280112
Didnt that route west of Cianwood let you catch some previously nigh unavailable Pokemon, like a Misdreavous in the Safari Zone? I thought that was pretty cool.
>>
>>25283630
Just use Bank or Wonder Trade. Gens 3-5 never let you use Pokemon outside the regional Pokedex until post-game.
>>
>>25283637
That's pretty cumbersome no matter how you look at it. You have to either pay for a bank sub or have a second 3DS, and then play some bike simulator if you want your own ID. Not even going to comment on Wonder Trade, that place has been a shithole since day 1.
>>
At least ORAS gave attention to the cross evos for it's Pokemon.

In FRLG, couldn't even evolve Crobat before post-game. Eevee had to be traded to RS to get Espeon and Umbreon.

In HGSS, they had to put 5 cross evos in the Pokedex because of evolution moves. They stashed the rest of them deep and hard to get in the post-game.

You couldn't even evolve Magnezone, Probopass, Leafeon, and Glaceon. Items to evolve Gliscor and Weavile were only at the BF for 48 BP each. Sneasel was still stuck at Mt. Silver after Kanto. Gligar was HG only.

The items for Rhyperior, Magmortar, Dusknoir, Electivire, and Porygon-Z were inaccessible until after finishing Kanto. Ralts was stuck in swarms, Roselia had a 20 day wait in Safari Zone, Snorunt was stuck on PokeWalker.

Dusk, Shiny, and Dawn stones were stuck at Bug Catching Contest so they were rare as hell. Fuck HGSS treated the cross evos worse than DP.
>>
File: vp.png (113 KB, 486x932) Image search: [Google]
vp.png
113 KB, 486x932
>>25280018
>>
>>25280018
/yawn
>>
I hate mirage islands. Those bastards stuck 6 TM's onto 32 islands.

32 tiny ass islands the size of a house and you can explore one per day.

I mean come on, make something like Sevii Islands. They should have taken the resources from making the 32 islands and built one huge set.
>>
>>25283791
There even filled with tons of crap Pokemon.

Sunkern, Glameow, Kricketot, Cherubi, Stantler, Maractus, Xatu, Venomoth, Tangela, Binacle.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 400x300
>>25283694
>tfw OR/AS haters who praise FR/LG as HG/SS sweep flaws like this under the rug
>>
>>25283834
I dont defend HGSS or anything by saying that, but evolutions with items are cancer. Same with trades to be honest.
>>
>>25283845
Especially items that are Battle ______ exclusive. I want to lynch the dumbass that thought that was a good idea.
>>
>>25283834
it's easier to sweep flaws under the rug when there are far less of them
>>
File: tumblr_n6tgony1jG1ri5196o1_1280.png (363 KB, 525x575) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6tgony1jG1ri5196o1_1280.png
363 KB, 525x575
I loved OR/AS and they are my favourite pokemon games.
I guess we have different taste, nothing to be ashamed about.

Besides I can always bank over some 'mons from other regions/generations when I start a new game because technology.
>>
>>25283854
>this meme
HG/SS has just as many flaws as OR/AS, and FR/LG has even more. Not to mention HG/SS and FR/LG suffer one of the greatest flaws for a remake. They don't build on the originals. They were both the original games in a new gen. OR/AS actually built upon itself and is actually different from R/S.
>>
>>25283791
>payback, flash cannon, subsitute, gyro ball, poison jab, snarl
>>
>>25280018
how much of the milk you want
>>
>>25283791
Because the islands were designed that way. Theres less exploration then people think...

RGBY has no post-game exploration except Cerulean Cave but that is excusable. FRLG had Sevii Islands, DPP had the Battle Areas, GSC/HGSS had Kanto, BW had the same amount as DPP with Northeast Unova.

XY has no post-game exploration like RGBY.

RSE/ORAS just has a few optional places to explore either main game or post-game like Sea Mauville, Part of Meteor Falls, Part of Granite Cave, Safari Zone, Shoal Cave, Sealed Chamber, and the Regi Caves. Quite often people explore a few of those places so that leaves less post-game.
>>
>>25280018
>Another reason ORAS isn't a good remake is the fact they didnt fix shit when it comes to pokemon variation
You mean like how they didn't fix it for HGSS?

Or better yet Fire Red and Leaf Green where they limited you to only the 151? Unlike both ORAS and HGSS?

That an arbitrary reason to call a game a bad remake.
>>
>>25284013
Well, why didn't they fix it then? It's not like they are too stupid to see that, right?
>>
>>25284013
It's ANOTHER reason the game is a bad remake.
>>
>>25280220
>ORAS' level curve is even worse. At least in HGSS I couldn't steam roll everything.
It was fixed in ORAS anon.
They introduced more trainers but lowered the level before the halfway point after that they've all been raised in addition to the new trainers after that point. The only reason you can't really steamroll HG/SS without grinding is because
1)They haven't got the gen 6 Exp share which if used abused will overlevel your Pokemon, that said it wouldn't be particularly bad in HG/SS because of
2) The poor level scaling which was never fixed from the original game so you either have to choose between grinding up a team or soloing with your starter to sweep everything. The worst part is that they increased the level of certain trainers without increasing the EXP yield or adding additional trainers making the scaling worse than it was in the original.
Oh and before you go off on one about it making the game challenging tedium doesn't mean difficult.

>No, they fixed Kanto.
Several areas are still missing as well as the majority of the content that was in the Kanto games.

>shit how? The fact that you can't sweep all of them easily like in 6th gen games?
Except you can sweep them you just don't have the option of using multiple pokemon when you do because of the previously mentioned level scaling but that's besides the point here.
The teams are still the mediocre Pokemon they had before but just a few new moves on them, unlike the handful of gym leaders that were buffed level wise the Elite 4 in HG/SS didn't have any until the post game. Lance was the only one to get a buff when it came to the Indigo Plateau in HG/SS.
>>
>>25283867
>They don't build on the originals
Pokeathlon, gym leader rematches, poke walker, routes 47-48 and safari zone, more areas to explore in Kanto.
ORAS actually removed content from RS: gimped granite cave, removed new mauville entirely, Safari zone is just a route.
HGSS incorporated elements from Crystal such as Eusine and suicune. ORAS did not have major stuff from emerald such as a battle frontier and gym leader rematches.
They both have flaws as well, but HGSS is clearly better.
>>
>>25284134
Okay for one all of that shit in Kanto should have been there to begin with it's not so much building on the original as putting in shit that should have been there to begin with, same with the safari zone.

The Safari zone also took away from the game because it had arbitrary time restrictions on the pokemon causing you to wait weeks just for a pokemon from another generation when they could have just added all of them in the world like they did in ORAS.
Same deal with the Pokewalker, it was arbitrary grinding and by the time you unlocked the later courses you could transfer those pokemon making the thing useless.
The only real improvement were the rematched and they had some of the worst requirements to access them.

Pokeathlon, didn't do much for the overall game aside from add one of the worse minigames to date causing people to scratch their screens to a higher degree than Ranger would.

Meanwhile ORAS incorporated several features from Join Avenue into Secret bases, revamped Mauville adding several new areas, Don't act like the removal of safari zone mechanics wasn't a good thing they were never good and that's the only way to improve it. That said it also wasn't a few boxes like HG/SS, Expanded the available pokemon during the main game rather than using outside games as well as adding the Moss and Icy rocks allowing you to obtain Glaceon and Leafeon which HG/SS neglected to do despite having areas that would be adequate for them and several Mirage Islands and the Dex nav.

They both have flaws but ORAS is clearly better
If you're going to make posts like that put some effort into it.
>>
>>25284205
>The thing that had arbitrary time restrictions in ORAS were the crappy ass tiny mirage islands with TM's stuck on them...
They reset every time you went online anon.
>>
>>25284194
DexNav beats HGSS Safari Zone, Pokewalker, and Swarms anyday. Every single one either had ridiculous time restrictions or difficulty. DP and BW were similar to HGSS in that way as well.

Exploring HGSS Kanto beats those pathetically tiny 32 mirage islands. Those even have arbitrary time restrictions with one per day with 6 TM's stuck on them.

Removing the Safari game was a good idea. Nobody would want to find a shiny Wobbuffet, Heracross, Pidgeotto, Kakuna, or Buneary with DexNav to have it run... That would make players angrier.
>>
>>25284240
RSE was very cheap when it comes to post e4 locations. Battle Frontier was okay, but there was nothing to explore unlike GSC, they really could add something interesting in ORAS, especially when Hoenn has that potential for undiscovered ruins, islands and such.
>>
>>25284194
Another thing that HG/SS didn't do that pissed me off was not make it so if you level up a Magneton or Nosepass near the Power Plant you could evolve it. It would've been so easy but GF wouldn't allow it because "muh nostalgia". At least GF let up a bit when it came to nostalgia when they made OR/AS. Made it a better version of the originals, not just a reskin tho changing outfits for your MC would've been nice, but no point in crying over spilled milk.
>>
>>25284250
>especially when Hoenn has that potential for undiscovered ruins, islands and such.
That's the worse thing about Hoenn.
Especially since the Regi's implied some ancient civilization.

>tfw we'll never get an ancient sunken labyrinth with lore about Azoth which also contains Regigigas and an entrance to the Distortion World in the waters of Hoenn
>>
File: 1393063317577.jpg (103 KB, 607x531) Image search: [Google]
1393063317577.jpg
103 KB, 607x531
>it a redditors defends HGSS episode
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.