[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this just came out in Australia today I enjoyed Pokémon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5
File: psmd.jpg (456 KB, 1500x1338) Image search: [Google]
psmd.jpg
456 KB, 1500x1338
So this just came out in Australia today

I enjoyed Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team. Will I enjoy this?
>>
>>25269675
Yep its long, challenging and you need to befriend 720 pokemon
>>
>>25269684
t-thanks..
>>
>>25269684
FUCK YOU! FUCK.... YOU!
>>
>>25269684
>Spoiling the ending for a game that's just come out in another region
This is why I hate Americans.
>>
>>25269684
Great, now I have no reason to play the game. What's the point of playing through it with that plot twist the back of your mind?
>>
No.
>>
If you read that plot twist that one dickhead posted just now, then no.
>>
>>25269684
Is this real?
>>
>>25271827
Yes anon, it's real. That's the biggest plot twist in the game as well. What a asshole that anon is, amirite?
>>
>>25269684
You must be fun at parties.
>>
>>25271841
Damn.. Well I'll just keep it in my backlog.
>>
>>25269684
You want a medal for spoiling that? You want a medal for being inconsiderate to all the people who are only just picking this up?
>>
>>25269684
Why did you do that?
>>
>>25269684
DELETE THIS
>>
What kind of retard goes on /vp/ without expecting spoilers?
>>
>>25271901
The ones that just got the game or ones who want to know if it's worth buying.
>>
>>25271901
everyone here is pretty retarded/autistic so ye
>>
>>25271914
Yeah but lookat the URL of this webpage. The part before /vp/
>>
>>25271901
I don't know, what kind of retard goes onto a thread where OP asks if a game is worth it and posts a massive plot twist without expecting backlash?
>>
>>25269684
I'm pissed that you spoiled that, but at the same time I'm excited for that to happen because that's one of my favourites.
>>
Lmao. Did you guys ask about Star Wars on /tv/ before it hit the cinema too?
>>
Guys I haven't played Pokemon Blue, any spoiler-free reviews out there?
>>
>>25269684
Kek
>>
You'd be surprised....
http://uk.ign.com/articles/1999/06/24/pokemon-blue
http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2009/04/pokemon_red_and_blue_retro
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/pokemon-blue-review/1900-2537190/
http://alwaysnintendo.com/pokemon-red-blue-gameboy-review/
>>
>>25269684
Does that means you can't evolve your partner?

I choose Fennekin to eventually get a Braixen

I guess i could use the one from the orbs thingy but it'd just not be the same for me
>>
>>25271981
Meant for >>25271954
>>
>>25271982
You can't evolve anything until postgame.
>>
Spoiler thread? Spoiler thread.
>>
>>25271981
Thanks
>>
>>25272001
I imagined since it was like that in the previous games

My question was that if you get the chance to evolve your partner or it just turns into Mew and stays that way, losing my 'Fennekin' forever.
>>
Stop being Australian and play it 3 months ago.
>>
>>25272215
Or be a pirate and play it 1 month ago
>>
>>25269684
You're kind of an ass, huh?
>>
>>25272046
Yes, you can still evolve it. You just have to do a few missions before it's Fennekin again.
>>
>>25269675
No, it's a soulless husk of a PMD game.

It has all of the dungeon-delving elements you'd expect from a Mystery Dungeon game with none of the charm.

I have logged in over five-hundred hours on both Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Darkness each, yet haven't even reached the ten hour mark in Super Mystery Dungeon.

Mystery Dungeon is dead.
>>
>>25272215
Sorry mate, I don't have enough dollary doos to import an American console and I don't want to brick my 3DS.
>>
>>25272261
Ok, that's cool
>>
>>25272316
LOL thats vp retards for ya

The game is amazing
>>
>>25269684
HAHAHAHAHAHH BASED
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 800x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 800x760
>>25269684
>>
File: badnews.jpg (75 KB, 385x432) Image search: [Google]
badnews.jpg
75 KB, 385x432
>>25269684
Honestly people making or coming to this kind of thread are ASKING to be spoiled, what the fuck. When the game came out in america I couldn't buy it on the first weeks so I filtered anything PMD (including the box arts' hash) and hid any post with an image resembling it before reading the accompanying text. And even after I did buy it I kept shit hidden and only unhide after beating (took me about 2 weeks because I didn't play too often).

You guys are a bunch of retards.

Btw this isn't even the worst spoiler imo.
>>
>>25272916
I just stayed offline for a month.
Anyone taking zero precautions deserves to be spoiled
>>
>>25273068
>I just stayed offline for a month.

That's kinda a stretch unless you were avoiding Star Wars spoilers or something, but yeah you HAVE to take precautions. For me filtering was enough. I'd share all the image hashes I had but unfortunately I deleted them.
>>
>>25273068
>>25272916
>not retreating to your lead-lined nuclear shelter the second the game was announced
>>
Op here

Bought game last night but haven't had the heart to even play it yet. Not sure what I should do. Might just do another Phoenix Wright play through..
>>
File: fennekin snivy2.jpg (95 KB, 718x476) Image search: [Google]
fennekin snivy2.jpg
95 KB, 718x476
>>25273799
Just play it fag.
>>
>>25269675

EMULATOR WHEN?
>>
>>25272237
>be a pirate
>only 1 month ago
Why not just 3? Even the european translations were there already.
>>
>>25273886
It's in development.
>>
So even with that plot twist a dickhead of an anon spoiled, is it worth picking up at a cheap price?
>>
>>25276700
Of course, the game is way more than just a story plus that spolier is basically the very end of the storyline, there's a lot interesting things and plot twists before that
>>
>>25276706

op here

enjoying moderately so far, n2b

liekd how in mystery dungeon blue you had the bulletin board and could choose what dungeons n stuff you do. don't really get this "chapter" thing. hope its just a long interlude or something
>>
>>25276837
Chapters were in Explorers as well. It doesn't really change anything. It's just that Super doesn't have randomly generated missions.
>>
>>25276854
hmm... will have to see how it goes from here then i guess. so far like mystery dungeonm blue more tho desu
>>
Explorers>Rescue Team>>Super Mystery Dungeon>>>>>>Gates to Infinity>Adventure Squad
Tbqh
>>
>>25276939
Super > Explorers > Gates > Rescue
>>
>>25276939
Did you actually play AS?
>>
>>25276866
Ignore chapters. Your boss progression is a better indication.
>>
How many chapters are there?
I'm on chapter 18: Hope currently.
Also, why do i see so much art of Snivy and Fennekin?
>>
>>25276550
Because around 1 month ago we got downgrade so 'I updated my console' wouldn't apply
>>
Yuropoor here, got mine in the mail a few days ago, it's great this far.
>>
Is it possible to buy this game through the eshop and download it to my 3DS? Never used the eshop so i am not sure on it.
>>
>>25277311
Why were you past 9.2?
>>
>>25277342
yeah thats what i did
>>
>>25277376
Alright cheers Anon!
>>
>>25277375
My 3ds died so i bought a second hand one and had the latest update at the time, 9.8 i think it was
>>
I'm at almost 100 hours in SMD, I really like the way they treat dungeons with connections instead of randomly generated quests. I feel like I can really manage my quest list. I also like the extra twist wands and emeras provide , even though some could have used more balancing.

My only gripe is that after post-game everyone in town is perpetually singing, forever and ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 548x546) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 548x546
>>25277052
Explorers > Super > whatever you want

I'm probably just trash but PSMD has too many flaws, like being woefully under leveled for most of the story. Being hit for 3/4+ of your health in one go isn't fun, it's annoying. Missing every other attack until you level them up isn't fun. The emeras are cool though, can get some neat bonuses if you get LUCKY.

Unlike explorers which I never got bored of (ended up losing it ffs), I've had zero motivation to play PSMD. The game isn't bad at all but it's not great.
>>
>>25277704
The gist I've gotten listening to others is that the strict "stay on the story" path resulting in making you underleveled forces you into a position where you have to be smarter about using your moves and items.

When playing through Rescue Team I almost never used moves... I just used the default hit move almost the whole way through.

I'm kind of torn on the "leveling up moves" mechanic. Where does it cap? Level 5? On one hand it's really cool being able to take a move beyond its original potential, but on the other it feels like you end up with a tiny collection of beefed-up moves and the rest stay kind of crappy at level 1.
>>
>>25277298
22 + epilogue IIRC
>>
>>25277773
I'm not opposed to the "stay on the story" path, since I'm really enjoying it and actually want to know what comes next. Since pushing is a thing now, you even can let support Pokémon like Mawile shield you through the tougher dungeons.

But sometimes it would've been really nice to just go exploring or doing missions. Halfways through the story the game gives you so many new missions and dungeons but you don't get the time to explore them.
>>
>got my text from GameMania saying I can pick up my copy
>can't be arsed to go pick it up
>>
>>25277704
Well you get a lot of over-leveled shit really early, i'm around chapter 7 and i already got like 4 level 50 and a couple level 30 while my starters are just level 15~
Even if they go on a break you can rotate a pretty good party for a few days

Personally i don't use anything 3> levels above my starter since i enjoy a bit of challenge in my games
>>
>>25269675
You will. It's not as long as Explorers of Sky/Time/Darkness but the story is good, with lots of references to every other game in the series.

It kinda forces you to use the overleveled friends you get to keep up with the level curve but just make sure your main 2 are strong enough for the main character exclusive dungeons.
>>
How the fuck do I beat Mewtwo?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.