[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Villain of Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: 150px-XY_Lysandre.png (56 KB, 150x426) Image search: [Google]
150px-XY_Lysandre.png
56 KB, 150x426
Which pokemon game due you think has the worst story and why is it Gen VI?

I think Lysandre is a bit too unoriginal for yet another world domination plot. Imagine Cyrus and Ghetsis somehow giving life to a ginger who for some reason wants to commit genocide because....yeah
>>
>>25268974
Lysandre was better then Team Rocket in gen 2 so there you go.
>>
Hay guyz, wouldn't it be great if there were more places to swim?
>>
>>25269000

Fuck you and your pointless trips

Play Gen IV's reboot of Gen II

Giovanni even openly mocks how idiotic Team Rocket has become when all those retarded admins within the organization fighting for power have lost focus on what's important

Stealing Pokémon

Instead all they give a shit about is Magikarp experimentation and fucking slowpoke tails.
>>
>>25269008

As if Maxie's idea is any better

more land is great but less ocean means less air to breathe since the ocean itself provides oxygen molecules that outweigh any forest being able to consume Co2
>>
>>25268974
>Lysander wanted world domination
Wrong, what he wanted was to...save the world...in a complete insane way.
>>
Maybe his motivations will be a bit better in Z. Maybe he'll want to reset the Kalos region. But yeah I say his motivations are still dumb. He wanted to save the Kalos region by destroying it because he thought the Kalos region was ugly. Even though you get no signs of the Kalos region being ugly throughout your time playing through X and Y.
>>
>>25269043

You and I both know that statement is not true
>>
>>25269049

Bruh

This dude wanted to nuke the planet not the region

Like...blow up earth...that's like Team Galactic but a million times more retarded
>>
At least Lysandre isnt an obvious enemy like most of them. He actually was trying to help people, hence why he's so good friends with Sycamore and others.

I like the words he said before his final attack, when Serena/Calem say "You don't have to worry about the future all by yourself… I think everyone should work together to make a better, beautiful world…" he answers "If that were possible, all wars would have ended long ago!"

You cant say he's tottally wrong
>>
>>25269053
I thought Team Galactic just wanted to control the universe.
>>
>>25269057

That was not Cyrus's plan that was a lie he told them because he needed henchmen

and he got some dumb fucks because he told them to fucking nuke a magikarp spring just so three magic fairies can come out hiding in a cave
>>
>>25269056

Lysandre straight up belongs in a pokemon coliseum type game with the likes of Snagem and Cipher

Dude straight up does not deserve his own Rocket knock off team
>>
>>25268974
Lysandre and Team Flare piss me off because they barely make sense. Everything about them is so nonsensical and badly written.
>>
>>25269077

That's why people refer to them as a Rocket knockoff because Rocket did the same stupid shit

>Rocket takes over Silph Co the largest items production factory in all 6 regions but canonically speaking its the largest in Kanto/Johto

>Basically they're doing this so they can get unlimited production on the new master ball product which guarantees 100% catch rate making catching rare pokemon easy as fuck

>6 regions later we have team Flare attempting to take over the Pokeball factory for the same bullshit reason but in the 2nd arc in the game Flare isn't interested in catching rare pokemon its only interested in capturing a specific rare pokemon.
>>
>All of these idiots who couldn't comprehend what Lysandre was saying

Resources aren't infinite.
The dumb, expanding population is pissing away those resources.
Eventually it's going to reaching a tipping point. The exhausted world will be torn apart by people fighting over every measly scrap left.
Lysandre tried fixing things the right way, but fell into despair as he failed.
So he figured if he can't help everyone, he'll at least preserve a beautiful world for the small population of worthwhile people.
This can only be achieved by wiping out the plebs before they turn the world to shit for everyone.
A final solution to the mindless consumer question.

Where he went wrong was being too naive about his recruitment methods. He probably thought anyone who could afford Flare's entry fee had to be smart to gain and keep that wealth, but in reality the only ones who joined were trust fund kiddies.
>>
>>25269453
Yep, id also assume his madness was caused by the difference between his actual goal (beautiful world) and what he wanted to do to achieve that goal
>>
>>25269056
I'm disappointed he didn't talk about the most recent war that Surge was in.
>>
>>25268974
I honestly think Galactic is the worst. They're not even hiding that they're evil, not a single one of them. With TR, at least Giovanni has a public facade, but they're a close second.
>>
>>25269453
>Resources aren't infinite.
Yes they are, matter is not destroyed, just changed.

>The dumb, expanding population is pissing away those resources.
Okay.

>Eventually it's going to reaching a tipping point. The exhausted world will be torn apart by people fighting over every measly scrap left.
No it wont, people are resourceful and will find ways of dealing with things so that another world war doesn't happen.

>Lysandre tried fixing things the right way, but fell into despair as he failed.
He tried to fix things the way he thought was most appropriate.

>So he figured if he can't help everyone, he'll at least preserve a beautiful world for the small population of worthwhile people.
Which is nothing but greedy.

>This can only be achieved by wiping out the plebs before they turn the world to shit for everyone.
Nope, there are dozens of ways ot go about it that don't involve mass murder.

>A final solution to the mindless consumer question.
No, not a final solution, a violent solution looking for a problem.

>Where he went wrong was being too naive about his recruitment methods. He probably thought anyone who could afford Flare's entry fee had to be smart to gain and keep that wealth, but in reality the only ones who joined were trust fund kiddies.
So?
>>
>>25270410
Actually, scratch that. Magma and Aqua win, my bad. Not only are they horridly transparent, but their plan was doomed even on it's conception, there is no way that they were going to win. True, if you take Platinum as the definitive version of that story, then there's no way Cyrus was going to win, either. TM and TA were stumbling blindly, though. At least Galactic had an idea of what they were doing.
>>
>>25269050
How the fuck is what that anon saying not true? Did you not pay attention to the game at all?
>>
>>25270429
I don't know if you missed the point or if you're actually this stupid/naive. You must be at least 18 to post here.
>>
>>25270429
Just because there's a possibility that people will rise up and prevent a resource crisis doesn't mean that it's stupid to worry about one.

>He tried to fix things the way he thought was most appropriate.
What are you trying to imply? If you talked around, you'd know that he genuinely helped a lot of people out, donated funds, etc. There wasn't anything wrong with how he tried to fix things.

>Which is nothing but greedy.
He realizes this, m8. He mentions how he wants to be a person who gives, but knows that he can't.

What people need to realize about Lysandre is that he drove himself crazy because he couldn't see that the good he was doing had any effect, and that he's not happy about his "kill everyone" plan. I mean, he gives a warning message instead of just nuking everyone without issue, cries over killing pokemon, keeps giving the MC chances to stop him, and would've stopped everything if MC pressed the right button and Xerosic wasn't a dick. He knows he's not doing the right thing, but at this point he can't see any other option because he's in such a bad place.

tl;dr You're a moron if you came out of XY thinking he was some generic "world domination" villain.
>>
>>25269077
I agree. They could have done so much better, both regarding Lysandre as a character or the nature and motif of the evil team.
>>
>>25269453
>the small population of worthwhile people
Here's the problem, though. The one reason why it took me WAY longer than it should have for me to consider Lysandre to be the big boss of Team Flare I even made a thread about it
Those "worthwhile" people are literally selfish assholes who just want everything to belong to them. That's it. I assume Lysandre was more interested in the 5'000'000, but considering future mankind is at stake he should really have surrounded himself with better people, instead of risking to kill those he KNOWS are far better people than his followers (like the protag).

>too naive about his recruitment methods
Considering what he's actually planning, do you really think he would make such a blatant miscalculation? There's no excuse here. The grunts are so bad that, throughout the game, you actually get the impression that hogging everything for themselves is the entire goal of Team Flare.
>>
>>25270429
>people are resourceful and will find ways of dealing with things so that another world war doesn't happen
I'm sorry, but that's naïve to the absolute extreme. People start wars for reasons that are significatly more trite than lacking resources.

>Which is nothing but greedy.
It's more selfish than greedy. On Lysandre's part, it's also somewhat hypocritical. At least he didn't plan to actually rid the world of all humans, though he seemed willing to do so to pokemon.

>>25270429
>there are dozens of ways ot go about it that don't involve mass murder
Like what? Relocation to areas made hospitable (including outer space) would be a possible solution, though new resources will have to be gained for that to work in the long run. Regulating population growth could work, but that would be dictatorial and thus "evil". Reducing the population itself is the most effective solution by far, though it's obviously the most inhumane one too.

>not a final solution, a violent solution looking for a problem
Arguably, it's not a final solution, though it would take forever for the problem to arise again. The problem is still real though. Lysandre didn't just look for a problem, constructed it and then picked the most violent way to address it. He's badly written, but not to that extent.
>>
>>25269453
I agree. Lysandre's story is the most meaningful one bar team plasma

I don't get how people think it's the same as everything before when it's only the second time the team isn't just evil for no apparent reason.
That's such a bad cliche in video games
>>
File: 1407176546931.png (150 KB, 540x480) Image search: [Google]
1407176546931.png
150 KB, 540x480
>>25268974
It's easily gen 2. The plot is just "go be the champion again, also Team Rocket is still barely alive and they'll make a couple pathetic attempts at villainy." I understand GS were rushed to capitalize on RBY's popularity but it's just embarrassingly badly conceived.
>>
>>25268974
>Worst than gen 3

Lysandre wanted something, tried for it, got curbstomped.
Magma and Aqua wanted something, got it, realized they are dumbfucks but don't even try to redeem yourselfs. The fucking champion of the league and the 8th gym leader decide to dick around while nodding a 10 year old to fix the mess of a bunch of grown ass men and save the world.

Lysandre works as an antagonist even if just barely, while gen 3 plot it's about characters being utter retards, never being called like that. They tell you Steven is this awesome dude and the teams are powerful and cunning but they don't show shit, in fact what they show you is how everyone but you is a utter incompetent git that if it wasn't for this random 10 year old they would be all dead.
>>
>>25269453
I agree, Lysandre's goal was well justified.

We just don't know what triggered it.
>>
>>25271321
this
>>
>>25268974
It's B/W, followed closely by B2/W2. They try way too hard to be "deep" and Team Plasma never leaves you alone.
>>
>>25271326
>We just don't know what triggered it.
What the fuck do you mean?
>>
>>25269050
He wanted to "save" the world by solving the overpopulation issue. It's insane because blowing up the world would leave it uninhabitable for his chosen survivors.
>>
>>25270386
Lysandre is a rich kid who has never experienced a recent war, just read history books and decided to kill people.
>>
>>25270429
>Yes they are, matter is not destroyed, just changed.
Right. Food and water are changed into...not food or water.
That's a problem, retard.
>>
>>25269012
What is this post even complaining about
>>
>>25269057
Maybe Galactic's plan but Cyrus' plan was to create his own universe to live in without emotion.
>>
File: Le happy Flare grunt.jpg (76 KB, 501x624) Image search: [Google]
Le happy Flare grunt.jpg
76 KB, 501x624
>>25268974
leader of team jidf who wanted to use the samson option

fucking kikes even in my pokeyman gaymes
>>
>>25269110
Nigga you what? They took over the PokeBall Factory to get Pokeballs to use to capture Pokemon that they would use to power up the Ultimate Weapon.

That whole plan went to shit anyway since they ended up finding Yveltal/Xerneas who could power up the weapon themselves.
>>
>>25271658
Is there reason to believe there's an overpopulation issue in the Pokemon world? Aside from the world periodically being threatened by stupid people who need to be stopped by children, the Pokemon world seems pretty idyllic.

Lysandre came off like a wealthy person who thinks non-rich people are scum sucking lowlifes.
>>
Both Flare and Galactic equally a shit. Almost carbon copies of each other but I couldn't get invested in either of them especially when they just took the overall plot structure of Gen III and repeated it and they were just a slight menace throughout the story despite having huge goals. In other words their plans were grand but they sure weren't.
>>
Maybe Z will actually let you join if you grind 5,000,000 pokedollars?
>>
>>25272062
I doubt it, but I want it.
>>
>>25271947
Maybe that's the reason. No war, no hunger, etc means very little die. Too many survive and pass on their genes in a finite world.
>>
>>25271947
>Is there any reason to believe there's an overpopulation issue in the Pokemon world?

Not really, but I suppose Lysandre has a lower standard for what overpopulation is.

I think he wasn't judging by exact numbers, but more by the results (use of resources, war, pollution, etc.)
>>
File: VSLysandre_2.png (67 KB, 400x192) Image search: [Google]
VSLysandre_2.png
67 KB, 400x192
What the fuck is he wearing?
>>
>>25273565
complicated equipment necessary to harness mega energy
>>
Best Villain team is Galactic

Cyrus is a real piece of shit

And he has no hidden agenda or stupid "justification"

He flat out tells you that he wants to control time space and dimension to make his own emotionless world
>>
>>25273865
Daily reminder that Cyrus is only 27 years old and nearly became a god
>>
File: 1452289047870.jpg (53 KB, 354x236) Image search: [Google]
1452289047870.jpg
53 KB, 354x236
>>25273874
>I'm the same age and haven't caught a single legendary pokemon irl
>>
>>25273565
Snagem Machine for Xerneas/Yveltal
>>
>>25273865
He had the best henchmen too.
>>
>>25274005
>bowl cuts
I don't think so
>>
>>25273865

Not even

He wants to make a new world where he's god
>>
>>25274073
Literally all they had to do was to extend the hair at the back and you would have had a beautiful hime cut.
>>
>>25269072
I'm playing through pokemon platinum and i keep voicing the grunts as TFS frieza
>>
>>25273565

>"I'll be taking the Legendary Pokémon back now!"
>Flare was working on snag machine power armor

A mystery for the ages.
>>
>>25273865
>And he has no hidden agenda
That's objectively wrong though.

Anyway Cyrus is far and away the most generic of the villains. Utterly cliche JRPG tripe. Even Ghestis at least had the asshole factor going for him.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.