[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Pokemon Still Worth It???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: 1455879054097.jpg (155 KB, 2039x1175) Image search: [Google]
1455879054097.jpg
155 KB, 2039x1175
I want to get into Pokemon again, i,am 21 years old and the last Pokemon game i played was Platinum. I heard that XY and Oras are complete shit is it true? i've seen my 7 year old cousin play it and it looks easy as fuck.
>>
its true, wait for the next one
>>
>>25263809
They are not shit, they just have flaws. But they are definitely easy if you use Exp. Share.

How about you just play and find out yourself?
>>
Do a Nuzlocke. Preferably on a game you know by heart. (Blind Nuzlockes are basically a suicide order)
>>
>>25263809
You can completely ignore OR/AS as it has nothing substantial to offer in terms of a remake. X and Y on the other hand is...meh at best. The gameplay is pretty good but don't expect a groundbreaking story, or a lot of new Pokemon, and its easy as hell. XY caters a lot to Gen I which is what turned a lot of people off. If you really wanna get back into the franchise, Black and White and their sequels are the way to go. The majority of this board loves it and rightfully so. Over 150+ Pokemon, a decent story, great soundtrack, and artwork. It also provides a bit of a challenge as well
>>
>>25263809
Kill yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 236x236
>>25263809
FUCKING NORMIES GET OUT!!
>>
>>25263856
>don't expect a groundbreaking story
This can apply to almost any mainline games.

>XY caters a lot to Gen I which is what turned a lot of people off.
>source: my ass

It has not only the best online out of any games but gen 6 is the only gen that have online since wifi connection was kill. It's one of the reason people are stickied to the games.
>>
yes goy, get into pokemon go
>>
File: probopass.jpg (140 KB, 484x557) Image search: [Google]
probopass.jpg
140 KB, 484x557
>>25264007
>>
>>25264003
>source: actually playing the fucking game
>Get a free Gen I starter at the Professor's lab
>Snorlax blocking your path on Route 7
>Get a free Lapras on Route 12
>No legendary trio whatsoever in XY
>Just the bird trio from the first fucking gen

Sorry, you gotta be 18 yrs old to post on this site kiddo
>>
>>25263809
Complete shit might be a bit harsh, but do not get into Gen 6 if you want to try out the series again, it's probably among the worst mainline games. HGSS is great, though, and BW and BW2 I personally really like even if they're polarizing.
>>
>>25264156
And how do you somehow know that it get people off the game, genius?
>>
File: santalune viridian.png (2 MB, 1100x618) Image search: [Google]
santalune viridian.png
2 MB, 1100x618
>>25264156
Don't forget pic
>>
>>25263856
But i want to play on a living Console. I don't want to buy a dead DS only to play some Pokemon
>>
>Falseflagging this hard
We get it OP, you despise GO and "normies"
>>
>>25263835
I tried them and they are boring. plus the 3d looks wonky
>>25264007
I plan to
Well it looks like if i want to get into Pokemon right know i would need to buy an old console and i dont really want to do that so i guess ill have to wait for Pokemon GO or the nex Nintendo NX
>>
>>25264222
Or you could emulate Gen 4 or 5.
>>
>>25264210
DS games play just fine on the 3DS
>>
>>25264584
Yeah but there are no Ds games where i live anymore
>>
>>25264192
Majority opinion vs the minority

You can ask anyone about this and they'll tell you same thing. A mark of new generation should not bring old shit back, with the exception of a remake, but even then Game Freak couldn't handle it well
>>
>>25264592
Emulating is your best option then
>>
>>25263809
>I heard that XY and Oras are complete shit is it true?
Only if you're a whiny entitled shit. They aren't that bad.
>>
>>25264605
>A mark of new generation should not bring old shit back

But that's Game Freak's main design philosophy, just look at Contests before ORAS, or following Pokémon, or seasons, or the Battle Frontier, or soon to be Dexnav.
>>
>>25264612
They aren't bad, but they certainly aren't that good either. The transition to 3D was a huge step for the franchise, but the color palette, stiff animations, wonky models and complete easy mode difficulty brings it down. The animations and such I can forgive, because outside of the console games (which I'm pretty sure were made by other studios if I remember right?), Gamefreak hasn't really had any experience with that kind of stuff, so they stumbled a bit. The difficulty is the really bad part. Gen 5 had a nice challenge to it, and then included a harder difficulty setting for players to enjoy. XY and ORAS are just too easy to even be much fun if you've played any pokemon at all before them. It's especially noticable when the Elite Four only have four pokemon each, when they're supposed to be the grueling gauntlet before the champion. These bitches were all pushovers. That's not being entitled. That's calling Gamefreak out for dumbing the series down. Sure, include that version for the younger players, but give us a selectable harder difficulty. It's been done before, so it can be done again. Them not doing it is just being willfully ignorant of their fanbase.
>>
>>25264612
As a paying customer, yes, we are entitled. They are in fact making the game for people paying for it.
>>
>>25264805

Then it's simple, don't buy the game.

The publishers only listen to your wallets and everyone knows this. whether they care or not is up to them, of course.
>>
>>25264956
>vote with your wallets, just don't buy it
>you little entitled shit they don't owe you anything
>>
>>25264741
>wonky models
Hahaha. The Pokémon models are ridiculously good. It's part of why the game struggles to keep its framerate solid in battle.
>>
>>25264222
just dont use the 3d
>>
File: 1453911600703.jpg (30 KB, 491x364) Image search: [Google]
1453911600703.jpg
30 KB, 491x364
>>25263809
>I can tell it's easy, I glimpsed my cousin's DS screen!

You know exactly what we think about ORAS you rusemaster you
>>
>Replies: 30
>Posters: 18

Stealth shill thread?
>>
>>25265199
>half the posters in the thread posted twice

It's called a conversation.
>>
>>25264592
>what is online shopping
>>
>>25264956
>just don't buy it
>wow you didn't even play the fucking game how can you judge a game you didn't buy
>>
I personally loved ORAS. It's pretty easymode, but I nuzlocked it and had fun. I enjoyed how cinematic it was and Hoenn looks amazing in 3D. XY was kind of whatever and the things that were noteworthy were just the new features of the 3DS platform. I think that Z is definitely going to be the real game of the generation/region, similar to how Platinum was with regards to Sinnoh.

However, if you haven't played Gen 5, get on that immediately. I know a lot of us consider it the best gen. Two game long story, characters that actually have development/are multifaceted, not easy mode, so many new places to explore, lots of new bros... check it out, man
>>
>>25265592
I don't like it
>>
>>25265610
...by pirating it?
>>
>>25263809
X, Y and ORAS are trash. All of the gen 4 and 5 games are great. If you want to get into the meta play showdown.
>>
>>25266209
I really hate the Meta i know everything about it, you have train your Pokemon in every department, breed, and all that shit. I had a friend once like that who used to train him mons one month to battle online. I just want to play the main storyline
>>
>>25263809
ORAS made me take a break from this generation. That's how bad it is and I've been playing for 15 years.
>>
Gen 5 was top notch, most fun I had playing a Pokemon game in a long while. Kalos was a fine region. A little lackluster, but it was still entertaining enough to finish it. I'm still struggling through Alpha Sapphire, though. It's probably because I emulated Gen 3 to death when I first learned about emulation back in high school. Hoenn's worn out its welcome to me.

And yes, Gen 6 is quite easy, Exp Share or not.
>>
>>25263809
XY and ORAS weren't that good in my opinion, but if you're not picky, and you end up liking the series a lot, you may as well play them too.
Gen 5 is really good though. BW is ballsy as fuck and introduced an entire region of new Pokemon, so it's perfect for a fresh start to the series, and B2W2 are some of the most challenging games in the franchise, especially if yo unlock challenge mode.
>>
>>25263809
This board has been filled with a bunch of hipsters for a while now:
>Muh Gen 5 is best.
They just want to like something that is widely regarded as one of the worst generations of pokemon.

The Gen 6 games are easy, but are still quite fun. If you want a harder time: take off xp share.
>>
>>25266305
>>25266287
A shame we'll never have challenging games like that ever again
>>
File: jde21h7aoj0eyfcaevba.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jde21h7aoj0eyfcaevba.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>25263809
Luckily the 3DS now has enough good games to justify buying it even if you don't like pokemon, which is why I finally felt comfortable enough to buy an N3DS and Pokemon Y and Alpha Sapphire this year. Even if you think gen 6 is complete horseshit, you have plenty of titles to fall back on and are only out the cost of the pokemon games themselves.
>>
>>25266261
Then I would suggest black or white and black 2 and white 2 (respectively)
>>
>>25266381
Not for me Pal, the 3DS is dying. Next year Nintendo will have a new Hybrid of Portable/Home Console. Besides There are almost zero new interesting games for the 3DS this year. The only game i care about is Super Smash and Pokemon the other games look childish as fuck.
>>25266386
Can't do it. I don't want to spend my money on a dead Console
>>
>>25263809
Single player is always easy as fuck.
Buy for multiplayer only.
>>
BW/B2W2 are probably the way to go for mainline Pokemon games.
If you wanna try spinoffs too, Mystery Dungeon is a fun dungeoncrawler - Sky is the best in the series, Gates is complete shit. I also liked Conquest, it's kinda like Fire Emblem, if you're into that.
>>
>>25266329
You never know. Honestly all they would have to do is release the games like FE Fates, 1 version for casual and the other for people who want challenge, or just bring back challenge mode and make it available from the very beginning.
There's literally no reason they have to not do this. Maybe they're more aware of the people who want harder games after XYORAS, we'll see.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.