[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soooo let's say in another world, ORAS had the original
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
Soooo let's say in another world, ORAS had the original battle frontier copy/pasted into it, updating the AI teams with new pokemon, but leaving the frontier brains teams intact.

Would it instantly go from "ABSOLUTE GARBAGE 0/10" to "10/10 GOAT NINTENDO IS SAVED"?

The only people i hear hating on ORAS are VP. Everyone else i know seems to think it's mediocre to decent. But if that one feature was included, would it change much?

Is the battle frontier so demanded that it would make you overlook the flaws? For me, fuck yes. But i overlook the flaws anyway because i didn't have exaggerated expectations.
>>
I think ORAS is good. Easy, but as every other game in the series. Also, never cared about Battle Frontier.
>>
>exaggerated expectations

I think that's the main problem here. Everybody here expected Battle Frontier to be in (so did I) and people got angry when their expectations weren't met.
I still think ORAS is good. Sure, it has flaws, but I still had a lot of fun with it.
>>
>>25262535
>Would it instantly go from "ABSOLUTE GARBAGE 0/10" to "10/10 GOAT NINTENDO IS SAVED"?
Far from. It would probably have made it decent like how I feel about XY, but it would still suffer from all the problems it shares with other gen VI games.
>>
>>25262825
I must have played XY wrong, everything felt so forgettable to me.
Maybe I should give it another shot and turn exp share off, leaving it on feels pretty retarded in retrospect
>>
>>25262535
Of course they would. The idiots believe that the battle facilities are the best fucking thing in the entire planet, and as long as it exists, nothing else matters.

GO

BACK

TO

YOUR

FUCKING

SIMULATORS

There's your fucking game with only the fucking battle facility.
>>
>>25262845
Simulators aren't anything like the battle facilities. That's as stupid as the people claiming that VGC fills the same void within the game.
>>
>>25262863
They require the same tactics, so it makes no difference to me.
>>
>>25262872
Have you only played the Battle Tower?
>>
>>25262535
No, they would have complain about them being too difficult, then use impossible Pokemon like they already do in the maison, then say it was easy.
>>
>>25262883
The only facility that doesn't require the same knowledge that you would use in any other battle is the one where you are not the one battling at all. If anyone wants to do that again, they're a flipping idiot.
>>
>>25262893
I have never seen anyone complain about the maison being too easy. Nearly all the complaints are about it only using regular battle formats and people already having beaten it in XY.
>>
>>25262918
The Pike, Arena and Pyramid all require slightly adjusted tactics too.
>>
>>25262934
No you don't. You battle like a blind idiot like everything else. The only difference with two of those is that it's possible to avoid battles if you so desire.
>>
>>25262947
What? The Pika and Pyramid required a bigger focus on status management than you usually would. Not to mention that there is more gameplay to them than just the battles themselves.
The Arena is extremely fast paced which makes just about every fighting style except HO useless.
>>
>>25262963
As if any of that matters. Skilled players can deal with all of that and far more, perhaps even without held items. It's still no different.
>>
>>25262991
Of course you can deal with it, if you couldn't it wouldn't be a point.
The difference is that it is different from fighting the same few strategies and mons you meet when fighting real people again and again. The parts in between the battles that about half of the facilities has are also abstinent.
>>
>>25263002
I'll be dagged if it isn't standard knowledge for the competitive player, though.
>>
>>25262535
But Ruby and Sapphire didn't have a Battle Frontier
>>
>>25262834
Felt forgetable yes. I can't disagree with you there. But, oras playthroughs after the first time feel like a chore. Needlessly long.
>>
>>25263067
I skipped ORAS completely.
Saw no reason to play those after learning about the overall content.
>>
>>25263032
It's not a question about having the knowledge. It's about actually getting a chance to use it.
>>
>>25263119
ill skip xy n go straight to your oras
in my mouth

but really oras has a lot of decent content like navhunter thats held back by shitty mon distro
>>
>>25263048

That's not an excuse, and you know it.
>>
>>25263223
Nobody cared when FireRed and LeafGreen were nothing like Blue and Yellow. So I'd say it's a perfectly fine reason.
>inb4 B-BUT HGSS HAD THE SUICUNE THING!!!
>>
ORAS are good games, but that's really only because the originals were good games. But most people were (rightfully) very disappointed with them for the overall lack of content. It's literally like they were pretending Emerald didn't exist.
>No Battle Frontier
>No Gym Leader rematches
>Barely any double battles
HG/SS had a lot of shit in it from Crystal, so fans were right to expect ORAS to have shit from Emerald. My other problems are that they were way too easy. Like, saying ORAS was easy is an insult to games that are actually easy. The originals were easy too, but the originals didn't have a broken EXP Share and didn't give you a legendary Pokemon that can Mega Evolve halfway through the game. Sure, you don't HAVE to use them, but everyone on their first playthrough did. And finally, they were really overdramatic and cheesey to the point of cringe with the Delta Episode and Groudon/Kyogre conflict. This has been a thing since Gen 4, so I guess shouldn't be surprised. It's sad because they could have easily been the best games in the series, but it's apparent GameFreak didn't care about that and are ALL about milking the series for cash at this point.
>>
>>25263223
You're right. What is an excuse is that every remake copies the battle facility from the new games of the generation they're from.
>>
>>25263296
Blue only had shit like different encounters and bug fixing. The original encounter tables was much better for a paired version.
You do have a point with Yellow but Yellow was kind of shit with its shameless anime pandering so people don't care that much.
>>
>>25263330
It's a shitty excuse when it was an improvement the two first times but in ORAS it became a downgrade.
>>
>>25263347
Not to mention, there is literally NO excuse for there not being Gym Leader rematches, especially considering it was Gen 3 that did them first.
>>
>>25262535

The Battle Frontier would have made up for its flaws
>>
You still have a better battle experience on simulators than in the game.
>>
>>25263296

You must have not played Crystal then if you think that's the only major difference
>>
>>25263119
It has more overall content than XY though.
>>
>>25263347
Whoa, there was a battle frontier in Ruby and Sapphire instead of a battle tower? Fuck me!
>>
>>25263418
You're right.
HG/SS was missing way more shit and the Suicune side quest was pretty different too.
>>
>>25263454
You know exactly what I meant. They had a much better alternative and then decided to take the lazy route.
>>
>>25263347
>implying the Gen 4 frontier was an improvement to the previous frontier
>implying Trainer Tower was a Battle Tower
>implying Trainer Tower was good
>>
>>25263464
Face it man, it's GameFreak and they will do the copypaste shit no matter what.
Watch out in Generation 9 when there's a Battle Facility just like the Battle Tower in the first set of games which gets put into the remakes of Diamond and Pearl. Watch as everyone complains about how the Battle Frontier should have been in the games because it was in Platinum. It will be ORAS all over again.
>>
>>25263474
I implied literally nothing of that you idiot.
>>
>>25262535
yes
hating ORAS is a meme
its actually the best pokemon game to date, and i love and have played all of them since 1999
>>
Expecting anything other than the battle facility they've had since gen 5 is futile by now. This is what they're doing from now on, so go commit sudoku already.
>>
>>25263495
>the first two times it was an improvement
>implying Trainer Tower was good in any way
>implying the Gen 4 frontier was good in any way
>>
>>25263463
Like how they included the expanded Ruins of Alph, better use of pokégear calls, Buena's password, E-Speed Dratini?
HGSS did a pretty good job with the small things from Crysal, although some few are excluded like the Odd Egg.
>>
>>25263525
Trainer Tower is better than nothing.
The gen IV frontier was better than nothing from GS and the Battl Tower from Crystal, Battle Tower is even included.
You're literally implying that nothing is better than something.
>>
>>25263545
Trainer Tower is nothing.
It didn't function like a battle facility in the slightest.

The Gen 4 frontier was a straight downgrade from the Emerald Frontier

It's one thing saying nothing is better than something but accepting shit isn't a better alternative.
>>
>>25263574
Trainer Tower was alright. It's far from the best thing but I enjoyed it's presence over empty ground.
>The Gen 4 frontier was a straight downgrade from the Emerald Frontier
Sure it wasn't as good. But having it instead of nothing/just a Battle Tower is an improvement.
>It's one thing saying nothing is better than something but accepting shit isn't a better alternative
You're literally saying nothing is better than something. I would rather take something that isn't quite perfect if the alternative is getting nothing at all.
>>
>>25262535
It would go from 4/10 not nearly as good as HGSS to 8/10 still missing shit.

If it had

>the Frontier
>the Safari Game
>the Game Corner or at least Voltorb Flip

And didn't cut down areas like Dewford Cave to nothing, it'd go up to 9/10, since I rate the Frontier super highly but it isn't the only thing I care about. Throw in the rest of the Emerald shit like the new areas, rematches, and maybe a minor feature like GBA Sounds and only then would I give it a 10/10.

For the record HG/SS is like a 9.5/10 because it didn't fix the level curve or shitty Johtomon distribution, but SacredGold/StormSilver is a 10/10 hack. I haven't played RisingRuby/SinkingSapphire because I sold my copy of ORAS but I don't think it would raise anything higher than 5/10 because of the major lack of content with ORAS and all the shit missing from RSE.
>>
File: List of Crystal Additions.png (333 KB, 1144x825) Image search: [Google]
List of Crystal Additions.png
333 KB, 1144x825
>>25263296
I swear I'm going to have to make a list like this for Emerald and Blue/Yellow. I actually had a compiled list of every change Blue made but then accidentally deleted it before I posted it or made it in image form. To condense what I had to a single sentence, though, it was literally ALL graphics changes, bugfixes, and different wild distribution. Yellow I'll have to do more research on but it also didn't add as much as Crystal and definitely not as much as Emerald.
>>
i own ORAS but
i get bored of it so quickly, ive never managed to force myself further than fucking Mauville
how close are we to 3ds emulation so we can get a decent hack to make it enjoyable
>>
>>25262535
It would still be shit on.
ORAS fate was sealed from the start.
>>
>>25265589
You can play hacks on the 3DS console with homebrew. XY and ORAS both have difficulty hacks.
>>
>>25265618
no idea how that works exactly, can anyone offer an explanation/link a resource with one?
>>
File: RarePepe (9).jpg (91 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
RarePepe (9).jpg
91 KB, 800x800
>>25262535
Yes, and rightfully so.

GIVE BATTLE FRONTIER
>>
>>25266587
>>>/vg/132533281

Basically you want to get homebrew launcher on your 3DS with browserhax (and then put menuhax on using it so you can launch homebrew from startup instead of needing the browser), and then look up an application called HANS. HANS will let you play a game with a ROMhack patch, so you could play the Pokémon hacks, or an undub of a game, etc. There are guides on getting homebrew for the thread I linked.

Also if you're on 10.4 or below you can downgrade your 3DS and be able to pirate games, the above information I gave assumes you're on 10.5.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.