[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's happening?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4
File: kekkd.jpg (116 KB, 606x579) Image search: [Google]
kekkd.jpg
116 KB, 606x579
What's happening?
>>
>>25235451
Looks like discussion about hacks has gone a bit crazy
>>
Elaborate, what drama is currently going on? Did people finally realize that 2016s metagame suck ass? Or is it something unrelated like one of the top guys being a pedophile?
>>
>>25235451
It's a Community reference. He's saying it's chaotic.
>>
>>25235451
>>25235494
There is nothing actually happening in the community, it's just Verlis saying stupid shit and his kid followers believing him and spouting bullshit.
>>
>>25235451
John GameFreak finally acted on his threats and massacred the Smogonites.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-jVbjtTKVM
>>
>>25235507
What stupid shit did he say?
>>
>>25235525
Going on about hacks.
>>
>>25235525
Look at his last two videos.
>>
basically
>wahhh why aren't you wasting your time with breeding like I do ;___; look ma I'm degenerate filthy furry who wears dog collars
>>
>>25235553
So it's the same shit as it's always been, why is this news?
>>
>>25235580
because drama is only thing this shitty ass community is good at
>>
>>25235580
Because Ray Rizzo is going to commentate a random event.
>>
>>25235596
Not a random event. It's the official stream of the regionals this weekend.
>>
>>25235609
still matters jack shit
>>
>>25235542
Verlis please. Nobody wants to watch your videos
>>
Joe probably sides with Verlis, given how much of a moralfag he is.
>>
>>25236097
>Verlis
>moral

The dude is a furry he either has no morals or is mentally challenged.
>>
>>25236097
Joe accepts that his opinion is biased since he runs a fansite of Pokemon
>>
>>25236097
>Joe
>Moralfag
He's as believable to that as he was using the ROMs of B/W to be "the first that no one ever was" to leak first shit.

He didn't do it in X/Y/ORAS, because he feared he would lose his preferential treat for shit from nintendo, and the 3DS Scene being slow as hell as well.

>>25235451
>someone bitched them about Ray Rizzo again
>>
>>25236257
I meant that Joe is a moralfag. Which he clearly is seeing how he has bitched about breeding getting easier to please hacker multiple times. "Ruining" pokémon's individuality.
>>
File: 144406950354340.png (64 KB, 319x300) Image search: [Google]
144406950354340.png
64 KB, 319x300
>>25235451
A community everyone does dream ball about!

Still better than Smogon. almost every VGC player is nice and open to give hints or discuss teams when you find them testing or laddering on Showdown, their leaders tend to cover the bullshit that sometimes happens in their community but at least no pedos, trannies and whiny attention whores.
>>
>>25236747
>attention whores
I disagree with that point. Remember that Wolfe wanted to make a film about themselves?
>>
>>25235494
From what I have seen, apparently Verlisify(faggot furry known to piss off everyone in the community) got really upset when pokemon announced that Ray Rizzo and Scott Glaza would be calling US nationals for VGC.

He has a personal vendetta against Glaza because at an unofficial VGC format tourney at one of the PAX's, Verlis was using he usual cheap strategy of minimizing a thousand times, so his opponent attempted to timer stall him out to win (VGC games have a battle time limit of like 30 or 60 minutes), to which Verlis whined about how it is against VGC rules and is unsportsmanlike to do, so he asked one of the judges(who weren't official pokemon judges) to make his opponent forfeit. His opponent happened to know Scott Glaza, who was at the event, and told him about what happened. Glaza told the people running it that Verlisfy should be disqualified (for a reason I have yet to find out) and Verlis claims that since glaza works for the Pokemon Company, he was using his status as a form of corruption and claims that Glaza has always disliked him.

As for Ray Rizzo, Verlis is claiming that he is a cheater and doesn't deserve to call nationals since at last year's tournament, his Aegislash was in a Dream Ball, which is a ball that isn't available to catch pokemon with in gen 6, meaning that Rizzo's Aegislash was injected, and should not be allowed to be used given that it was a hacked pokemon. I have no reason why Verlisify is so upset with Rizzo, given that he never did anything personal to Verlis.

cont.
>>
>>25237662

Also Verlisify made a video recently about how an article written on the Pokemon website about VGC 2016. This article was one that just showed the new rules of VGC 2016 and showed some sample sets and teams for the new pokemon added. Verlis went on an autistic temper tantrum about how the article was made for people already in the VGC community, rather than people wanting to get into competitive play, and how pokemon is forcing people into using the same few pokemon rather than their favorites. He then criticized the suggested sets of the pokemon for not being useful (which is really ironic because Verlisify is very well known throughout the community for making laughably bad pokemon sets) and claimed that they are trying to set new people up to fail.

tldr; Verlis is being his usual whiney shitlord self, and trying to start shit with everyone in the VGC community...again(probably because the entire Smogon community kicked him out).

Not trying to shill, but in case I left anything out or misinterpreted something, here are the videos he was bitching in

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNVvda7goG8
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL9ZSCTYBLE
>>
>>25235451

There are no issues. All it is is Verlis stirring up imaginary drama and issues in a yet another community in which he has no real knowledge of.
>>
>>25235451

Verlisify literally isn't even relevant in the VGC community. Kek.
>>
>>25237703
Why are Western VGC players so whiny about muh special snowflake nichemons in VGC?
Japanese and Koreans try them out by themselves the whole time on Battle Spot, why do other need someone to spoonfeed them?

Regardless dick move from Glaza or not Verlisify is hardly related to VGC in general and yes Rizzo should have been DQ from the Dream Ball tour.
>>
>>25235451
Darkest timeline.
>>
I'm really amazed at people's determination to make up stupid fucking shit to get angry at and to gawk over.

Every word of this sounds like a load of steming hot diahhrea schitt.
>>
>>25237890
Only the casuals that follow Verlis, really.
>>
>>25237890
Because people like him are shit at battling and need to make those Internet bucks, so the only way to make money by playing pokemon for him is baiting people to watch his videos of pissing people off.
>>
Breederfags getting bootyblasted
>>
I don't get what Karenfags like Verlisify want. He bitches about how smog on won't let him use his evasion spam or shitmons, he then makes enemies with everyone in the VGC community, then complains how the competitive scene of pokemon is terrible. It's like he is just trying to get anyone else that plays pokemon to hate him. Also he is a gay dogfucker faggot.
>>
I use powersaves. Makes my life fucking easy.
>>
Got on his channel, saw the furry avatar, got off.
>>
>>25237703
lelverlisify
>>
furry kek
>>
>>25237703
>This article was one that just showed the new rules of VGC 2016 and showed some sample sets and teams for the new pokemon added. Verlis went on an autistic temper tantrum about how the article was made for people already in the VGC community, rather than people wanting to get into competitive play, and how pokemon is forcing people into using the same few pokemon rather than their favorites.
Does he not know those articles are written by niggerbriggers themselves? They've been promoting copy-pasting for years.
>>
>>25237662
>>25237703
This is why Smogonfags are considered so fucking obnoxious by everyone else. Yet it says a lot when a Smogonfag is so obnoxious that even other Smogonfags find them obnoxious.
>>
>>25240488
Verlis wasn't a Smogonfag. He just constantly bitched that what they were doing wasn't true competitive pokemon battling and kept trying to call people out/criticize their format, so Smogon just decided to ignore him.
>>
>>25237662
Glaza probably asked for a DQ over sportsmanship. Telling a judge what to do by citing rule books and charges at them can result in sanctions and disqualifications on your part. What you do is call a judge, tell them your issue and let them resolve it or determine how to dole punishment (in the case of timestall, probably means watch the match and moderate the time usage). If you don't like the ruling you can call the head judge for a second opinion or clarification.

If Verlis whined to a judge to DQ someone over timestall, he could have been DQ'd himself depending how much of an ass he was about rule lawyering. It's likely they just told him to shove it though.
>>
>>25237944
>autist getting mad over a children's video game series

Seems like business as usual
>>
>>25241087
The funniest part is that this wasn't an official competition. It was just something they were doing at PAX for fun. There wasn't any prize, and I doubt there was even a trophy. Verlisify just had to be a shitlord about it and whine like an autist when someone tried to counter his cancerous minimize spam. Part of the reason battle timers exist is so shit like that isn't used the whole time and the game gets a little more strategy than hoping if your move hits.
>>
>>25241087
Minimize is bullshit, but not unsportsman-like
>>
>>25241328
No, Verlisify was arguing that the other person was time stalling to get the win over his minimize, which verlisify thought was unsportsmanlike
>>
>>25237703
The retard can't even form a proper sentence for his thumbnail, it should be doesn't give a fuck, not don't. What an cock lord.
>>
>>25241560
To be fair, the rules at the time did say that timerstalling was wrong
>>
>>25237703
Also, idk if anyone noticed, but this guy is breaking the law in his video. He has sponsor links in his description and the law clearly states that if you have a sponsorship you must clearly explain you are being sponsored in your video and he doesn't. If his audience isn't aware that a video is sponsored that can cause him a lot of trouble.
>>
>>25237703
>>25237662
the dude linked a section of the pastebin but not the whole thing, wonder why he'd do that. It's not like he'd selectively cut out the part that makes his argument better or anything.
>>
>>25238639
They want ye olde days of blue/red back. Put Earthquake and Hyperbeam on everything, stomp the other kid and be done with it. You use any kind of strategy and straight thinking and are playing to win? LOL LE JOHN SMOGON MUH DUVERISTY XDXDXDDXD.
And that summarises many Karenfags on this board. And also Verlisify and his followers.
>>
File: stare.jpg (143 KB, 1054x720) Image search: [Google]
stare.jpg
143 KB, 1054x720
>>25237703
I agree with his second video, though.
TPC and GF needs to get their shit together, the official competitive format is becoming a joke at this point, pokémon has much more potential than just a fights around 8 pokémon.

They need to buff weaker pokémon, nerf stronger pokémon, add new unique features so the weaker pokémon will not just be "this one legendary but worse".
>>
>tfw verlisify stopped uploading his battles with fans because he kept losing
Good times
>>
>>25241879
They were probably playing wrong, you know. Switching out of unfavorable matchups and using sets that don't require a dozen turns of setup.
>>
http://nuggetbridge.com/blogs/entry/1323-streaming-and-whatnot/#comment-20003
>>
>>25241894
They weren't playing with enough heart.
>>
>>25241664
You still have to prove deliberate time stalling, which is hard to do. Best case scenario to claiming time stalling in an official match is going to be a judge hanging around to make sure turns pass every minute or so.
>>
>>25242988
no
>>
>>25237662
>minimize isnt a legal move

But it is. Timerstalling is unsportsmanlike. Minimize is a move in the game.
>>
>>25245800
I never said that wasn't. I just said it was a cheap strategy.
>>
>>25245894
If it was put there and it's in the game normally and it's not banned or restricted, it ain't cheap. Git gud.
>>
>>25245943
timers were put in by the tournament officials and timestalling isn't banned/restricted, so it's not a cheap strategy in tournaments.
>>
Why are hackers still pretending to be part of the Pokemon community anyway?
If you don't want to actually play the game, stop pretending to enjoy it and do something else with your life.
>>
>>25246489
>If you don't want to actually play the game

They are actually playing the game. Just not the retarded bike simulator part where the player contributes nothing to their own success and have to rely on RNG.
>>
>>25246540
>trolling
>>
File: 1414563363204.png (295 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1414563363204.png
295 KB, 640x480
>>25240488
>smogonfag
>verlisify

Pick one.
>>
>>25248387
>I don't like what you posted so I'm just going to write it off as trolling

lol ok
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.