[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New official Red artwork teased. Source: http://moonlitsaki.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 14
File: Red.jpg (61 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Red.jpg
61 KB, 750x750
New official Red artwork teased.
Source: http://moonlitsaki.com/2016/01/kotobukiya-teases-wonder-festival-2016-winter-exhibition-items-sakura-taisen-shinguji-sakura-more.html
>>
>>25110211
>tfw they actually started to care about Red
Not sure what I will enjoy more that, or the butthurt here.
>>
>>25110211
Volacon Firered and Forest Leafgreen confirmed.
>>
>>25110243
I thought /vp/ only got butthurt over fujos and their Redgy interpretation.
>>
>>25110255
/vp/ thinks that interpretation is literally the only possible and official
>>
>Genwunfaggots will think this means a remake is around the corner instead of PWT in Z
>>
>>25110254
Meant to type Volcano, not sure what happened there.
>>
>>25110254
what if they just do a single version and call it water blue
>>25110264
what year were you born?
>>
>>25110269
>not Lightning Yellow
>>
>>25110211
>statueshit
oh wait, wrong board. see you on /toy/
>>
>>25110277
and it introduces super charged pikachu
a totally not a mega guys! way of giving pikachu a mega
it's just regular pikachu except it has an angry face and sparks arcing off of it
>>
>inb4 Shauna face
>>
why bother getting hype? There's no chance it's a remake it's a statue
>>
File: modern red.jpg (107 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
modern red.jpg
107 KB, 640x464
we already got modern art for old red
>>
>>25110319
The hype is because new freaking Sugimori artwork.
>>
>>25110308
>not Bianca face

It's been around since Gen V. Also Leaf is more in danger of that than Red.
>>
>>25110320
I'll take wall socket faces over this modern trash
>>
>>25110331
?
>>
It would be cool if there were some communication between RBY and Z. Maybe a post-game episode where you have to double battle alongside Red to fight someone.
>>
>>25110320
That's modern art of old, non mega universe GB Red.

OP pic is for the Mega Universe interpretation of Red
>>
>>25110211
>Statue shit
>Not figma or Figuart
>Le Pokayman Center exclusive XDDD
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 370x288) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 370x288
>The expo is the same day as the SuperBowl
>Tfw we only saw a piece of the commercial
>Tfw new game starting Red announced in full commercial on game day
>>
You know genwunners don't have logic. Think, you know why it's best to wait longer for Kanto remakes? High Definition. By waiting for HD graphics for it's next remake, Kanto would look 10x than ORAS/XY. HD remakes means they would never have to remake Kanto EVER AGAIN.

The scaling of the buildings and characters in HD will all be proper so they can just retexture 1080p HD Kanto for 4K screens someday.

See? Thats logic guys!
>>
>>25110379
genwunners aren't real
>>
>>25110320
premier ball is triggering me
>>
>>25110328
>not Bianca face
>It's been around since Gen V.
Shows how forgettable Gen 5 was
>>
>>25110320
I would like to see a hybrid design of this Red and FRLG Red.
>>
>>25110397
Premier Balls are to commemorate a special event of some kind.
>>
>>25110392
I wish
>>
>>25110211
Where's the female pit shot?
>>
>>25110457
there literally is no such thing as a passionate pokemon fan who only cares about the original franchise
just people that stopped playing after the originals so they only care about the stuff they know

you may call these people names, but the only accurate thing to call them is adults
>>
>>25110341
>But first we need to talk about parallel universes
>>
>>25110494
>there literally is no such thing as a passionate pokemon fan who only cares about the original franchise
Exactly, they arent fans, they are people who are obsessed with their childhood or with looking trendy.
What you said is not the definition of nostalgiafag.

>just people that stopped playing after the originals so they only care about the stuff they know
But they really dont, pokemon just happened to be a part of their childhood. If they only cared about that they wouldnt hate the following gens.

>but the only accurate thing to call them is adults
>a person who has to resort to trendy opinions on the internet to look cool
>adult
yeah, no, they are the opposite, even more than many pokemon fans.
>>
>>25110392
Read youtube comments......

I think what is the worst are the D/P fags, platinum was good, but D/P are shit. Only games I didn't finish, love challenges, but it's not worth it
>>
>>25110494
Adults have hobbies too. I get that everyone only can know and stick with so many things. However, what they really should be called are: "People who aren't deep enough into X hobby and their hot opinions are basically as valuable as the opinion of a first grader in theoretical mathematics." /v/ calls them casuals. We call them genwunners. That statement needs to be condensed into into one word really, because this is something every hobbyist hates not just gamers.
>>
>>25110511
>they arent fans
yes they are, pokemon was rebooted after gen 2 if you didn't realize
the art style, game mechanics, tone of the games, and wait for it REMAKES of the original titles that came express that fact very clearly
so you are saying that people can't be fans because they lost interest in a franchise after it got rebooted? that's retarded
just because you liked something how it originally was doesn't mean you need to like it after it gets rebooted and goes in a different direction
but more importantly
>pokemon just happened to be a part of their childhood
no, they made pokemon what it was, without them you wouldn't have pokemon today because they are the ones who turned a glitchy game with outdated graphics and gameplay into a religion over night, without them it wouldn't have ever gotten sequels.

now here is the big difference going back to the reboot
the culture surrounding the game was completely different back then, the game wasn't presented as cartoony kiddie shit the way it is now, it was virtual cock fighting and never tried to be anything else.

so no, there is nothing wrong with not liking the direction a franchise went while still enjoying the experience you originally had with it before it jumped the shark
face it, the games aren't good anymore
>>
>>25110560
No they are they people who believe that every game after the originals are inferior, because they aren't R/B/Y. I do hate the term casual if you aren't super into something
>>
>>25110572
>no, they made pokemon what it was, without them you wouldn't have pokemon today because they are the ones who turned a glitchy game with outdated graphics and gameplay into a religion over night, without them it wouldn't have ever gotten sequels.
Yes, tell these filthy teenage newgenners what's what
>>
>>25110575
I really don't know how those people exist. If you were even a causal pokemon fan during the days of Pokemania you were excited for Gen II, and probably played it.
>>
>>25110604
Ok fine after gen 2+maybe FRLG.
>>
>>25110572
>yes they are, pokemon was rebooted after gen 2 if you didn't realize
It really didnt

>so you are saying that people can't be fans because they lost interest in a franchise after it got rebooted? that's retarded
I'm saying people cant be fans of something they dont like.

>just because you liked something how it originally was doesn't mean you need to like it after it gets rebooted and goes in a different direction
I never said that, but pokemon never changed direction anyways. Heck, one of the biggest complaints about the franchise is how formulaic it is.

>no, they made pokemon what it was, without them you wouldn't have pokemon today because they are the ones who turned a glitchy game with outdated graphics and gameplay into a religion over night, without them it wouldn't have ever gotten sequels.
I was there on Gen 1 anon, so were most people here. And that doesnt really change what I said, do you know what a trend is? You dont seem to.

>the game wasn't presented as cartoony kiddie shit the way it is now, it was virtual cock fighting and never tried to be anything else.
Either you're shitposting or are also a delusional nostalgiafag.

>so no, there is nothing wrong with not liking the direction a franchise went while still enjoying the experience you originally had with it before it jumped the shark
as of itself, no.

nostalgiafags arent like that though, they are people who want to jump in the nostalgia trend bandwagon and use pokemon (and digimon, and, even more hypocritically, power rangers) for it, then, instead of bothering to catch up with the franchise, they prefer to just complain and insist on an ideal gen 1 which was the best thing ever without knowing what they are criticizing( and most times, not even what they're championing).

What you described is a hypothetical scenario that's not what the terms "nostalgiafag" or "genwunner" mean.
>>
>>25110572
>so you are saying that people can't be fans because they lost interest in a franchise after it got rebooted? that's retarded
Most genwunners didn't even play the video games during their childhood, and most of their memories come from the cartoon or the trading cards. And when the bandwagon died down, which was around Gen 3, those guys who are now spewing about how everything after Gen 1 (and maybe Gen 2) is inferior - using arguments that are as fallacious as all get out, I might add - dropped the franchise altogether. Coincidentally, Gen 3 was when the cartoon felt like an advertisement for the video games, rather than vice versa.
>>
>>25110609
Because those games just had the originals+plus a few more.
>>
>>25110572
>>25110602
>without them you wouldn't have pokemon today
So? Without our founding fathers we wouldn't have America today, but that doesn't make slavery morally okay.
>>
>>25110602
>newgenners

Punching shadows man. Blue was my first game but it's at the bottom of my tier list. That's not uncommon in any fanbase. Jojo part 1 is consistently ranked the lowest even if people like it and it started the whole series. I do think nostalgiafaggotry in general is the biggest cancer in the fanbase, not genwunners like people claim because they're not really part of the fanbase anymore.
>>
>>25110408
Except no one cares this many gens after it's introduction. It's catch rate is shit and it's a reskinned pokeball wooooooo. Gf: lesson learned here is make a special ball genuinely special a la Masterballs
>>
>>25110614
>Most genwunners didn't even play the video games during their childhood, and most of their memories come from the cartoon or the trading cards
So?
Pokemon isn't all about the games
Most people know it through the anime
It doesn't make their opinions matter any less
>>
>>25110500
Reminder that Moontits killed Sapphire
>>
>>25110631
>comparing not liking ugly newer gen pokemon to slavery
You teenagers are so out of touch
>>
>>25110632
>Jojo part 1 is consistently ranked the lowest even if people like it and it started the whole series.
Which is sad because part 3 is by far the worst.

>I do think nostalgiafaggotry in general is the biggest cancer in the fanbase, not genwunners like people claim because they're not really part of the fanbase anymore.
nostalgiafaggotry and genwunners are the same thing.

>>25110635
Those people criticize the games and the franchise overall, not just the anime.
>>
>>25110648
>durr any analogy that proves me wrong makes no sense
>>
>>25110211
Sinnoh Sperm get fucked
>>
>>25110635
So they're complaining about video games that they never even played. They're like a second /v/ outside of /v/.
>>
>>25110660
You didn't prove anyone wrong with that faulty analogy
Try again, and please, try harder
>>
>>25110406
Does it?
>>
>>25110648
>>comparing not liking ugly newer gen pokemon to slavery
The problem is that kids like you are implying that there aren't ugly Pokémon in every generation.

>inb4 someone posts "a load of this" (i.e, YW designs
>>
File: then and now.jpg (18 KB, 425x231) Image search: [Google]
then and now.jpg
18 KB, 425x231
>>25110610
I don't know how you can sit there and say the franchise has not been rebooted
it moved in an entirely different direction from how it was originally conceived
>>
>>25110662
The complaints are always about how ugly and uninspired new Pokemon look more than the video games
Genwunners don't care about the newer video games
>>
>>25110673
I wasnt the one who brought the analogy, but its not faulty, you said that they like the franchise just because they paid for it when it was trendy and everyone did it. That's doesnt really prove they like the franchise. The other anon just used an analogy but if you werent retarded you wouldnt even be defendint nostalgiafags in the first place.

>>25110683
Yeah, it went from being about kids catching mons and having adventures to.....kids catching mons and having adventures.
Ok, beggining with Gen 3 the games actually tried to have a plot so you dont have to make up one but that's it.

>>25110685
>Genwunners don't care about the newer video games
They dont care about pokemon period.
>>
>>25110301
>super charged pikachu
I actually wouldn't hate this.
>>
>>25110683
Yeah. Awesome > really gay.
>>
>>25110703
>you said that they like the franchise just because they paid for it when it was trendy and everyone did it. That's doesnt really prove they like the franchise.
You can't prove they didn't like it back then, and you can't prove they still don't like the original 151 Pokemon
Sorry, but not everyone has to accept everything from gen 2 and beyond to genuinely like Pokemon
>>
>>25110362
>yfw you play as Red STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN I'M UNBEATABLE taking back the throne from Gold in a new region, but battling at the Indigo E4
>>
>>25110703
know what's amazing. you guys say these genwunners are a problem. but meanwhile you're the ones derailing a thread trying to justify your shitty opinion about people who aren't even here to defend themselves because they don't exist
>>
>>25110724
>You can't prove they didn't like it back then, and you can't prove they still don't like the original 151 Pokemon
They dropped the franchise when it stopped being trendy. You think that's a massive coindicence?

It's like bronies anon, they dont like MLP, they need to be part of a group.

>Sorry, but not everyone has to accept everything from gen 2 and beyond to genuinely like Pokemon
If you genuinely like pokemon you would at least try the newer games before saying they suck. But that's requires time and effort that you would put if you do, you know, actually like the franchise.

>>25110736
>you guys say these genwunners are a problem
They are when interacting with them. You clearly never did.

> but meanwhile you're the ones derailing a thread trying to justify your shitty opinion
It was the retard who claimed they dont exist.

>aren't even here to defend themselves because they don't exist
Did you ever think that maybe not everyone goes to /vp/? Specially people who dont like pokemon(which is, you know, what the borad is about).

And there are genwunners in this thread anyways so you've been proven wrong.
>>
>>25110782
>And there are genwunners in this thread anyways so you've been proven wrong.
People telling you you're wrong about "genwunners" =/= genwunners
You anti-genwunners are obnoxious and shit up any thread that revolves around gen 1, including this one
>>
>>25110685
Exactly. Now, glitches, designs, and art style aside (yes, that includes graphics), allow me to list some pros (marked with a plus) and cons (marked with a minus) of older video games versus newer ones.

Gens 1 and 2
>+doesn't discourage sequence breaking
>+focuses on your adventure first and stopping the bad guys second
>-Battles are practically coinflips
>-Gyms that require HMs to progress in (I'm looking at you, Erika and Chuck)
>-like most games in the 80s and 90s, it's practically done once you've reached the end (defeating your rival in RGBY or defeating Red in GSC)
>-has instances of pandering to the cartoon
>-easy as all get out, PvE isn't balanced well
>-Johto games' level curve is fucked

Gens 3 to present
>-can get railroad-y at times
>-brings your adventure to a halt once the bad guys threaten the world
>+Natures and Abilities allow players to turn the battle to their favor
>+Gyms that don't need HMs at all
>+postgame lets you keep going
>-has instances of pandering to the cartoon
>-easy as all get out, PvE isn't balanced well
>-Johto games' level curve is STILL fucked
>>
>>25110811
>People telling you you're wrong about "genwunners" =/= genwunners
> ugly and uninspired new Pokemon
>it moved in an entirely different direction from how it was originally conceived
>comparing not liking ugly newer gen pokemon to slavery
>face it, the games aren't good anymore

all posted in this thread

>You anti-genwunners are obnoxious and shit up any thread that revolves around gen 1, including this one
It was the fag who said genwunners dont exist though.
>>
Let's be honest, though.
If you've played one Pokemon game, you've played them all.

Disliking new mons is dumb (mostly), but you can't really blame them for dropping the series when we've been playing the same shit for 20 years.
>>
>>25110833
>If you've played one Pokemon game, you've played them all.
We've already mentioned that a common complaint about the mainline series is that they're too formulaic.
>>
>>25110683
Not a good comparison. Cosplay chus are gimmick mons but not a basic and common pikachu you can catch everywhere. Art direction is still really different though.
>>
>>25110830
>+focuses on your adventure first and stopping the bad guys second
Not a plus

>-Gyms that require HMs to progress in (I'm looking at you, Erika and Chuck)
>-brings your adventure to a halt once the bad guys threaten the world
Not negatives
>>
>>25110833
>If you've played one Pokemon game, you've played them all.
b-but muh reboot anon!!!

>but you can't really blame them for dropping the series when we've been playing the same shit for 20 years.
nostalgiafags didnt really play for 20 years anon.
>>
>>25110848
>nostalgiafags didnt really play for 20 years anon.
Yeah, but WE have. We're the idiots. Pokemon has been getting steadily worse, and yet we still stick around.
>>
>>25110211
>Reboot
>X/Y hooks
>Timelines nixed
>World Tournament in Kanto with the other games' trainers
How hyped are you?
>>
>>25110860
Gen 6 is the only time where it got worse than before and is not even bad.

But yeah, if they dont stop with the nostalgiafag pandering things may get worse.

>>25110872
>Timelines nixed
you mean universes
>>
>>25110211
>Wonder festival

It'll just be a figure
>>
>>25110879
>you mean universes
I don't. But I don't necessarily disagree either.
>>
File: IceGyms.png (137 KB, 790x1054) Image search: [Google]
IceGyms.png
137 KB, 790x1054
>>25110879
>Gen 6 is the only time where it got worse than before and is not even bad.
Don't act like Gen 5 didn't happen
>>
File: yellow.gif (82 KB, 1220x514) Image search: [Google]
yellow.gif
82 KB, 1220x514
>>25110683
Pikachu was already "modernized" in Yellow. Original sprites and concept art were janky as shit, the designs all got updated when the anime came out. Pikachu in Episode 1 of the anime is essentially the same as Pikachu is today 19 years later.

If the franchise was "rebooted", it would be with either Gen5, when they took things in a totally different direction, got more story focused and mature, and made a whole new set of unpolluted Pokemon for the Pre-E4 story, or Gen6, when they switched to the Mega universe.
>>
>>25110889
Lategame Ice-type Gym Leaders have been a mistake since Gen 2 iimbqbhwy buddy chum pal friend buddy pal chum bud friend fellow brother amigo pal buddy friend chummy chum chum pal friend pal home slice bread slice dawg friend buddy chum friend chum pally pal chum friend friendly friend friend pal friend buddy chum pally friend chum buddy
>>
>>25110633
Nice bait :^)))
>>
>>25110896
Didn't mean to trigger you by reminding how casualized the series got with Black and White
Sorry
>>
File: 1285707955061.png (223 KB, 725x650) Image search: [Google]
1285707955061.png
223 KB, 725x650
>>25110328
I would be fine with Green ending up with squirrel face if they don't fuck with her hair and clothes. They are literally perfect. There is nowhere to go but down from here. It is literally impossible to improve upon this design.
>>
>>25110908
That's not my problem with your image. My problem with your image is that you're referencing lategame Ice-type trainers at all.

Consider instead comparing Clair to Drayden/Iris , or Wallace/Juan to Marlon
>>
>>25110912
Green (not Samuel Oak's grandson) would probably have a face like Hilda's or Serena's instead. The BSSF (Bianca-Shauna Squirrel Face) seems to be reserved for major NPCs with a bubbly personality.
>>
>>25110782
the 5th comment in the thread that prompted all of this is someone shitposting about genwunners

>They are when interacting with them. You clearly never did.
this is what I'm getting at though. where are these people? do you really get buttblasted by sifting through comments on social media pages? its your fault for reading youtube comments which you know are 90% shitposts as it is
you act like there are people are somehow showing up and trying to ruin a game you like. they aren't doing anything to you and you're getting all worked up over it because you disagree with what game they like.

nobody is trying to take your pokemon away, but for the record it isn't your secret club either. And furthermore, it's obvious the company who makes the fucking game cares more about the original audience than they do about the newer fans and this has been proven time and time again
>>
>>25110921
The point is how terrible Gen 5's 3 Pokemon max limit was
Not to mention the highly inferior movesets and lack of Sitrus Berries on Black and White
>>
>>25110830
>Gyms that require HMs to progress in (I'm looking at you, Erika and Chuck)
You forgot Lt. Surge
>>
>>25110889
>>25110896
>>25110921
>not using them as an easy stomping ground for your fire starter

wew lad the difficulty in gyms goes up and down, not linear, plus all gyms suck ass in difficulty anyways so why even bitch about one of any gym that literally focuses on one type
>>
>>25110983
>plus all gyms suck ass in difficulty
Yes, but gen 5's gyms just suck extra hard is all I'm saying
>>
>>25110912
Please no. Squirrel face is the one of the worst things you could do to her design.
>>
>>25111006
Not even close.
>>
nigger that's a preview from the artbook

>>25110500
see this is why ORAS is shit

it got people thinking multiverses exist despite the fact that the retarded hag simply postulated it
>>
>>25111050
BW practically confirmed the existence of parallel Pokémon Worlds thanks to the Entralink.
>>
>>25111061
In a sense that there are different players. What people doing is applying it through story details even when we had a clear timeline from before.
>>
>>25110277
LIGHTNING ISNT YELLOW REEEEE
>>
>>25110500
>tfw using Agility for 12 hours
>>
File: 1373692088466.png (24 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1373692088466.png
24 KB, 128x128
>>25111563
>>
>>25110392
Be glad you don't have Facebook
>>
File: 283.png (22 KB, 248x199) Image search: [Google]
283.png
22 KB, 248x199
>>25110500
>>
>>25110899
It wasn't bait Anon. Premier balls don't mean shit to anyone anymore. Maybe a few of my fellow balltists that only use them or for a palette match. The Cherish balls and Masterballs are the only unique pokeballs at this point. Premier balls are free gimmicky balls, who honestly gives a shit.
>>
>>25110211
That's definitely video game art.

Red in Z?
>>
>>25112635
You wish.
It's preview art for a figure.
>>
>>25110463
>>>/ffxivg/
>>
NEXT GAMES CONFIRMED TO BE IN A PARALELL KANTO DIMENSION WHERE ZYGARDE HAS AN IMPORTANT PAPER
>>
>We don't get Z this year
>instead we get Pokemon Shocking Yellow, Shimmering Crystal, Skybound Emerald and Ghostly Platinum
>4 games which use the ORAS engine with updated graphics and nearly the same plot as the orignals
>>
File: 12hours.gif (642 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
12hours.gif
642 KB, 500x375
>>25111563
>Usually stat boosts have a cap of x4, or 6 stages. But that didn't stop me!
>>
>>25112781
Fuck I'd take this in a heartbeat. All those stories with mega evolution would be amazing
>>
>>25112781
That would be the greatest moneygrab that GF could do. I'd still shell out $120 for all four
>>
>>25110885
there are different universes, not timelines. Time travel is only a thing in the Celebi event in HGSS

>>25110889
>pretending the best gen didnt happen
I dont
>>
File: multiverse guide.png (2 MB, 1344x4873) Image search: [Google]
multiverse guide.png
2 MB, 1344x4873
>>25110894
>or Gen6, when they switched to the Mega universe.
They just added mega evolutions anon.
>>
>>25110926
>the 5th comment in the thread that prompted all of this is someone shitposting about genwunners
A comment you could ignore.

>this is what I'm getting at though. where are these people?
IRL and social networks. 9fag is full of them.

> do you really get buttblasted by sifting through comments on social media pages? its your fault for reading youtube comments which you know are 90% shitposts as it is
I dont read youtube comments, but that doesnt mean they dont exist. You just proved you're wrong.

>you act like there are people are somehow showing up and trying to ruin a game you like. they aren't doing anything to you and you're getting all worked up over it because you disagree with what game they like.
I never said they ruined the game I like, I just hate hypocritical people, and even worse people who champion them like you do.

>nobody is trying to take your pokemon away, but for the record it isn't your secret club either.
I never said that.

>And furthermore, it's obvious the company who makes the fucking game cares more about the original audience than they do about the newer fans and this has been proven time and time again
What do you think is my main problem with Gen 6? Why does the fact GF cares more about them amount to anything here? Just because they cater to them doesnt mean they are fans, it pretty much means the opposite.
>>
>>25112781
>shimmering crystal
>Kris hasn't been murdered and replaced by Lyra
>and she's in 3D
I'd cum buckets
>>
>>25111050
>it got people thinking multiverses exist despite the fact that the retarded hag simply postulated it
>this shit again
the plot of every game after gen 2 is based on legends being true.
The problem with ORAS is that they overestimated the fanbase's reading comprehension.
>>
>>25112635
Its for the new figurine, the article makes it clear you dumbass
>>
>>25113001
That, and faggots nowadays are into "MUH MULTIVERSE" shit.
>>
>>25112967
What are the diferences between black and white?
>>
>>25113007
I didnt readed either, i was hoping will be a new game for this year(i dont really exited for detective pikachu) anyone think there gonna be a main series pokemon game this year?
>>
>>25113045
Multiverse my ass, that's just retcons.
>>
>>25113084
Black City and White forest, and N gets a different dragon in each version ( which in turn makes Hilbert/Hilda get the opposite and Nate/Rosa the one who N originally got).
>>
>>25113095
Nintendo franchises have learned they can retcon anything they want with a multiverse theory thanks to the Zelda fanbase.
>>
>>25110397
Each 10 balls -> 1 premier ball.
19 balls plus 1 premier ball in the picture.

Don't rustle your jimmies.
>>
>>25113095
It's stated that there is at least more than a universe. Although in ORAS, its just to keep RSE canon, people really exagerate the implications of Zinnia's quote.
>>
>>25113095
Exactly.

But like I said, since comics went slightly mainstream suddenly multiverses are popular.

>>25113107
The "more universe" shit is an allegory for "there are more than one player".

Otherwise it's just a "nudge nudge wink wink" meta reference to RSE but somehow idiots ran ground with it, forgetting what a retard Zinnia is.

Is this what you call the age of Big Bang Theory fags?
>>
>>25110277
>You say Pokemon XY&Z
>>
>>25110211
That Hotarumaru looks like shit. I hope the Hibiki is better at least.
>>
>>25113149
>The "more universe" shit is an allegory for "there are more than one player".
Its stated in-universe, Zinnia literally says there's another world.

>Otherwise it's just a "nudge nudge wink wink" meta reference to RSE
That's the meta intent, yeah, but it also establishes in-universe lore. Whether you like that or not is a different matter. Zinnia's actions are based on that.

> forgetting what a retard Zinnia is.
For the billionth time, legends are true in the pokemon universe.
>>
>>25113379
but anon it's not a legend, it literally is just Zinnia making things up
>>
>>25113403
>it literally is just Zinnia making things up
Its the draconids lore
>>
>>25113422
no it wasn't

anything about Rayray is, anything else isn't

she just made that shit up to justify her autism towards her dead daughter

god, the more I think about Delta the more I get angry at this character
>>
You guys just lack imagination
>>
>>25113429
>anything about Rayray is, anything else isn't
[citation needed]

>she just made that shit up to justify her autism towards her dead daughter
Kinda ironic you hate Zinnia since you make shit up to justify your hate for her.
>>
>>25113443
>make up shit
>literally her backstory with references towards whismur
>>
>>25113466
>>literally her backstory with references towards whismur
She's sad about the original lorekeeper being dead.

How the fuck does that translate to "I will make up shit about another universe".
I mean, people close to me died and I know people who lost people close to them, but none of them arent exactly saying there's another universe you know.
>>
>>25113475
Because she wants to fulfill her goal in meeting Rayquaza. And she uses the calamity as a means for her stupid, selfish goal.

Also read the dialog, when she brings up the alternate universe crap she wasn't even sure, she simply mentioned it as a wink wink nudge thing.
>>
>>25113491
>Because she wants to fulfill her goal in meeting Rayquaza.
Which has nothing to do with this.

>And she uses the calamity as a means for her stupid, selfish goal.
So she makes up a story that's totally not referencing RSE?

>when she brings up the alternate universe crap she wasn't even sure, she simply mentioned it as a wink wink nudge thing.
She literally says the lore of her family states about another Hoenn that they observed. The fucking quote is in this thread ffs.

I swear, Zinnia haters are trying really hard to be the new Red haters/Ashfags
>>
>yfw Red Z and Green Z, with the Z stylized to look like a 2.
>>
>>25113509
>Red haters/Ashfags

the fuck is this? is this some retarded shit where Redfags can't accept not everyone licks the boy's shoes?

>Which has nothing to do with this.

She keeps repeating that goal in front of Steven, about the "alternative" plan.

>So she makes up a story that's totally not referencing RSE?

A reference is a reference. Just like hom homs are referenced in Xenoblade X but are ultimately different.

>She literally says the lore of her family states about another Hoenn that they observed.

"Maybe in another time, the megas don't exist" or something like that.
>>
>>25113527
Its a fucking art for a fucking figure, not everything revolves around games and surely not around another fucking kanto remakes
>>
>>25113545
>the fuck is this? is this some retarded shit where Redfags can't accept not everyone licks the boy's shoes?
wut
No, i meant that red haters just need to make up shit about the character, just like zinnia haters like you do.

>She keeps repeating that goal in front of Steven, about the "alternative" plan.
Yeah, how does that make her justification made up?

>A reference is a reference.
Yes, and in-universe lore is in-universe lore, it can be both you know? Not to mention that this isnt even a random NPC you meet once in a city, it's a big player on an important part of the game.

>"Maybe in another time, the megas don't exist" or something like that.
Why dont you read the quote?
Oh, wait, that would require you to actually base yourself on something within the game and not on your headcanon.
>>
>>25113567
you also brought up Ashfags so you assume Red haters are that

or are you that fag who enjoyed Origins? If so I am sorry for your tastes

>Yeah, how does that make her justification made up?

Did you miss my point? My point is that she justified doing that thievery for her stupid ritual.

>Yes, and in-universe lore is in-universe lore, it can be both you know? Not to mention that this isnt even a random NPC you meet once in a city, it's a big player on an important part of the game.

Just because it can be both doesn't mean it is both. Also for the record, the hom homs thing was said by Tatsu, a main character.

>quote
and I did, with the way she worded it, it doesn't implicate anything about the multiverse being true because she herself wasn't sure, that's the whole point

this is as bad as people denying they made an anime reference in ORAS
>>
File: 1432980572353.png (461 KB, 865x788) Image search: [Google]
1432980572353.png
461 KB, 865x788
>>25110211
Didn't we get like Misty/Brock statues last year or so? I'm curious as to if those got official art as/well. and what usually the schedule is in terms of needing official art for a statue? Where does the official art stand?
>>
>>25110676
Of course
>>
>>25110683
Retcons =/= reboot
Neither of those drawings are part of the game though
>>
>>25113379
Mossdeep Space Center, first visit
>"Thank you, dear. Now then... That is an impressive machine. Snap your fingers, the asteroid vanishes, and we all live happily ever after? Ahahahah! Indeed! It's like that former Champ said! This thing is the best hope we have of saving this planet and everything on it. But you know... It could also be the worst tragedy imaginable for some other world and everything on it."

FOR SOME OTHER WORLD

As in there is not a definitive other world, but just her own thought about another world being existent. Its like when somebody says, Oh Aliens could exist.
>>
>>25110860
>we still stick around
I just play a week/2weeks whenever a new game comes out. Even then I'm mostly multi-tasking.
even right now I am. The issue isn't playing the same game, the issue is spending too much time arguing on /vp/
>>
>>25114134
2nd Visit
>>
>>25110889
Gen 5 reduced all trainers to 2-3 pokemon. That was my biggest issue
was still best
>>
>>25112781
>worst engine 3ds can't handle framerate
>don't have variety in pokemon, ORAS confirmed this so your playthrough would be better off if you played randomized on an emulator
>>
File: ujhn.png (111 KB, 926x579) Image search: [Google]
ujhn.png
111 KB, 926x579
>>25110211
Predict
>>
>>25111006
*best things
>>
>>25113637
>you also brought up Ashfags so you assume Red haters are that
That's how it usually goes, yeah.

>My point is that she justified doing that thievery for her stupid ritual.
Those things dont correlate.

>Just because it can be both doesn't mean it is both.
In this case, it is.

> it doesn't implicate anything about the multiverse being true because she herself wasn't sure, that's the whole point
She said she observed it and her actions are based on the facts at least she believes that.

>this is as bad as people denying they made an anime reference in ORAS
Yeah, it sucks people have to make shit up about characters they hate for making shit up.

>>25114134
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zinnia
Keep reading retard
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.