[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pokemon are now able to know up to 8 different attacks How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1431732669477.png (6 KB, 670x543) Image search: [Google]
1431732669477.png
6 KB, 670x543
>Pokemon are now able to know up to 8 different attacks

How does the meta change?
>>
>>25081042
Nothing
>>
>>25081042
Mega-Sableye with:
Wisp
Recover
Taunt
Calm mind
Dark pulse
Shadow ball
Protect

All at the same time.
>>
unown is still worthless
>>
The good: Games would no longer be as dependent on team matchup

The bad: Power and speed would be the only thing that matters. Everything would be able to 2HKO/1HKO everything else. The only defensive Pokemon you would see are boosting sweepers like Suicune, who get buffed because they can boost, RestTalk and attack with enough coverage to spare.
>>
I just want to run muh favorites that suffer 4 moveslot syndrome.

>>25081067
You're probably right. The series has stuck to 4 moves for too long and mons have been designed with that in mind (maybe).
>>
It is now possible to fuse mons to make more powerful Pokemon.
Patch also adds Dante from the Devil May Cry™ series.
>>
>>25081067
>Power and speed would be the only thing that matters. Everything would be able to 2HKO/1HKO everything else
This. Dont for a moment think this would drastically change the meta and cause the OU-since-intro to drop suddenly. If they are viable now, they will be more viable provided they have other coverage outside 4 moves.
>>
>>25081042
Greninja is even more broken
>>
>>25081200
Pretty much every offensive pokemon drastically improves, really
>>
>>25081238
But those at the top will still most likely stay on top
>>
>>25081242
Well as you said, Greninja becomes batshit broken, but many other mons no longer have to pick between coverage and be countered by whatever they can't hit on account of 4 moveslot syndrome.
>>
>>25081136
I think stall would still exist in bulky offense, you can still run the blobs & co. but they will focus more on tanking than outright walling
>>
I wonder if dedicated counters would be better or worse off with that change.
>>
>>25081275
shit like conkeldurr would have a reason to stay OU
>conk with element punches+drain punch+mach punch+close combat+knock off+[rock move]
>talonflame with its entire support movepool. Brave/Blitz/wisp/roost/SD/tailwind/u turn/taunt
>Garchomp with coverage, phazing and pebbles.
>Skarmory with spikes/SR/defog/whirlwind/roost/Brave/taunt/iron head
>Clefable in general

So yeah. The strong get a lot stronger and shit like lilligant is still worthless.
>>
>>25081464
Not to mention some mons that manage to stay in higher tiers but rely on literally ONE GIMMICKY niche set to perform well will not benefit

See: Contrary Serperior
>>
>>25081474
I dunno serperior definitely appreciates being able to subseed AND glare without giving up its 'coverage'

Or have you never seen subseed serperior, or glare?
>>
>>25081493
Not significantly. I know it would benefit from having BOTH HP Fire and Ground but it's really hard to tell. Would you still be able to set up if all pokemon can now have twice the coverage and offensive potential?
>>
File: 1453508523661.jpg (130 KB, 580x640) Image search: [Google]
1453508523661.jpg
130 KB, 580x640
>>25081495
>both hp fire and ground
Anon.
>>
>>25081510
HP Ground for Heatran. HP Fire for Ice, other Grass types and Steels that fly or aren't Heatran
>>
File: 1443095834548.png (206 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
1443095834548.png
206 KB, 500x557
PP stalling men
>>
>>25081515
>different IVs
>same attack
>>
>>25081519
FUCK I need to sleep
>>
>>25081309
Probably worse.
>>
>>25081520
lel
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.