[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will you buy Pokemon Z if it's a rehash like Emerald/Platinum?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: god they're hideous.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
god they're hideous.jpg
129 KB, 1280x720
http://strawpoll.me/6639995

Personally, BW2 got me back into pokemon since Sapphire and I went backwards from there. I'm not one for replaying games with only a few changes so I never played D/P or emerald, but I played White and White 2.

Gamefreak is known to take a lot of backward steps so if they end up going the Emerald/Platinum route, I'll probably just pirate it and play for a short while and never touch it again.
>>
>>25077207
I mean, yeah, so long as they do what they typically do at the least.

The main story is, and always has been a drag. It was fun in Gen 1 and 2 when the novelty was still fresh, but now I play purely for the competitive aspect. There's a good chance we'll get more Mega's, maybe some new forms, and more moves distributed. Maybe even more abilities if we're lucky. That's good enough for me.
>>
how were Emerald and Platinum steps backwards?
>>
> I'm not one for replaying games with only a few changes
> but I played White and White 2.

Hmm
>>
>>25077207
I can understand where you're coming from but if that's the case you should've waited until Z to play an objectively better version of the game.
>>
>>25077253
Sequel (BW2) to rehash (Crystal/Platinum/Emerald) is taking step backwards.
>>
>>25077261
last I checked, taking a step backwards meant something digressed instead of adding content
>>
>>25077207
>voting in a poll that shows clear bias in presentation

I liked BW2 as much as the next guy, but fuck off
>>
>>25077207
i liked the direction of the games with B2W2, but if we gotta compare it with other sequels they're pretty rehashy too, in a sense that if the next game ends up being a sequel i hope it's more diverse than just having a slightly different story and some new/alternate paths on the same region
>>
>>25077261
Your the one who played them backwards tho.
Each third game updated the original and added new content.
>>
>>25077290
It also improves the single player. Platinum saved Sinnoh for me just by giving Gym Leaders, E4, and Team Galactic members better teams.
>>
>>25077290
I think he meant that by going with the Platinum style sequel it WOULD be a step backwards after having BW2 be the most recent, and that it's not unlike Gamefreak to do something like that given how often they add cool new shit then ditch them the next game.
>>
>>25077284
>>25077290

Have you people even played BW2? It made way more significant changes to their previous games compared to the other "third installment" pokemon games.

I'm saying if they don't have that level of significant changes that BW2 had, then it's not worth it for me.
>>
>>25077309
Exactly, Platinum/Emerald set a standard.
They're the best versions of their respective gens because of that.
Perfecting and improving is not the same as rehashing something.
>>25077330
Ohhh I see.
I stand by my statement tho
>>
>>25077330
Exactly this. Thank you.
>>
>>25077343
>BW2
Yeah I have and your right.
BW2 route is the one I want taken, but Plat/Emerald route isn't absolutely wrong. All I'm saying.
>>
How are you going to pirate it? Can't emulate 3DS games yet.
>>
>>25077422

>he doesn't even know
>>
>>25077422
Downgraded.
>>
>>25077290
In my opinion, we shouldn't be that accepting of "oh, the third version will fix everything". It should have been good in the first place. For example, DP should have been what Platinum is right now. With the DP -> Platinum example again, they give us 90% of something only to sell the 100% afterwards for full price.

I'm not gonna lie, I like the main stories of Pokemon. They are not the games with the most awesome story, but I primarily buy the main games to experience the region and it's content. That's why I really loved that they went with a sequel idea instead of the "rehash" idea in Gen 5. Sure, it was the same region again but it did feel different. I loved seeing Unova changed after 2 years. It wasn't just Unova, it was Unova 2 years later.

I'm hesitating when I type this. I too bought Emerald and Platinum even though I already got RS and DP. And I enjoyed both Emerald and Platinum even though I essentially bought games that are 90% the same as the versions they were based on. I will not say I regret my purchase, because I have a lot of fond memories of both of them. And I'm probably buying Pokemon Z as well if that is the next Pokemon game. So I'm kind of guilty as well and maybe a bit hypocritical.

But BW2 did open my eyes, and so I rather have a continuation on Kalos' story then a "rehash". I know people like >>25077251 don't really care about that, but I hope Gamefreak does.
>>
>>25077475
>It should have been good in the first place. For example, DP should have been what Platinum is right now. With the DP -> Platinum example again, they give us 90% of something only to sell the 100% afterwards for full price.

Btw, not saying games like DP are bad (I don't think they are), just saying that I rather have a full experience immediately at the beginning of each Generation and that the "third version" is a continuation of the first versions.
>>
if they have a defog tutor, it's a day 1 buy for me.
>>
>>25077521
Faggot
>>
>>25077536
I don't want to go to gen 4 to breed myselfa togepi, evolve it, teach it defog to add it to my team, it's a lot easier to breed now why not moves as well? I'm not eager to wait ~8 years for >Sinnoh confirmed xD
>>
I don't care if it's a sequel or the Emerald/Platinum route as long as it improves Kalos as a region
>>
>>25077509
DP are bad faggot

Also BW1 was bad too and not a full experience, it was BW2 that brought that
>>
>>25077207
>BW2
>not a rehash
Pokemon fandom has to be one of the dumbest and easiest to trick by jew tactics if splitting what used to be one game and putting a number next to their titles makes them think it's somehow less of a rehash than the previous games were.
>>
>>25077343
They're certainly different, but all BW2 really did aside from what all other 3rd versions did was change the starting locale and the path of progression. BW2 is my favorite Pokemon iteration, but I don't think that it's path is necessarily the best one.
>>
>>25077829
And added a new rival. And a new story. And showed the entire region 2 years later.
>>
>>25077521
they should bring all the remaining move tutors
like sucker punch
>>
Did Emerald and Platinum change the gym puzzles of R/S and D/P?
>>
>>25077884
emerald changed tate and liza's bullshit puzzle
diamond and pearl changed fantina's puzle i think
>>
Forget the puzzles. BW2 just plain made the gym experience awesome.
Elesa's was nothing more than her old gym with a fashion runway tacked onto the end of it all, and somehow that fucking changed EVERYTHING.
>>
>>25077949
Each gym had a remix of the standard gym theme to suit it as well. Only game that does it iirc.
>>
>majority of the votes are Yes so far

You guys are fucking faggots. This is exactly why GF does the absolute minimum it takes to please its fans, because they're happy with anything.
>>
BW2 were the third installment games that made me buy the previous games of that gen.
>>
>>25078037
were the first "third" installment games*
>>
I'll play a randomized version of it once the .cia is available
>>
I'll get it if it's a rehash but it may be the last rehash I get without notable changes honestly if they keep it up.
>>
If it's a rehash, probably not. If it's a sequel, probably.
>>
What is Pokemon Z?
>>
>>25077974
We like eating shit so we don't get left out of the competitive aspect of the game, we can think what we want but pokemon is a mine gold that is not going to deplete in the near future. I'm gonna pirate it and only if it looks worth it I will consider buying it.
>>
>>25077846
As if sequels are at all meaningful in Pokemon.
>>
>>25077207

BW2 WAS a rehash. It was the same region with a revamped campaign and postgame. It wasn't a sequel at all. GSC was a sequel.
>>
>>25077207
I'm only getting it because Zygarde is the most interesting Pokemon in some time now for me
>>
>>25080000
You know, this sounds pretty stupid for a guy with godly quads.

BW2 shared plenty of things with BW, but it was different in every way that counts towards making it a sequel (this biggest points being that it took place 2 years later, directly followed and tied up the loose ends of BW, and showed new progress for already established characters, making it more of a sequel than GS was for the most part).
>>
>>25080013
There being 2 Zygarde cores just backs up their being sequels even more. I'm thinking both boxarts would have one side of Perfect Zygarde.

Or they jew hard and make 2 rehashes. That'll be a first.
>>
>>25077207
Of course I'll buy it, it will be the best game in a generation
>>
File: stop (11).png (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
stop (11).png
85 KB, 500x500
>75% will buy no matter what

/vp/ definitely not fanboys guys
>>
>>25077207
Of course. The third version is always greatly improved over the the other two. I've been putting off replaying X/Y until I know for sure if it will be a sequel or a rehash
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.