[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3
File: url.jpg (14 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
14 KB, 237x213
Just a thread I want to post for people who love (or maybe hate) gen 4 and want to discuss it.
>>
If they did remakes, do you think it would have things like Looker and the Distortion World, like HGSS would, or will it take the ORAS route and ignore Platinum?
>>
>>25066638
There was enough backlash about little Emerald content that I'd hope they would learn from that mistake.
TL;DR; Yes, they will ignore Platinum.
>>
>>25066614
I liked gen 4. I just hated the fact most new Pokemon were only available post-game or were legendaries, evolutions, or pre-evos.

I like gen 4 mon, though, just not enough easily available in game.
>>
I hope they don't ignore platinum in the remakes it's easily has the best original content of any deluxe edition.
>>
>>25066614
>>25066678
Also, in my opinion gen 4 had the best music.
>>
Personally I like that there where alot of legendaries and evolutions. Since they were desgned well except for a few exceptions.
>>
>Best music
>Best third version
>Best remakes
>Best lore
>Scarves
>Lots of legendaries
>Good, well designed starters that were all dual type

I would say it's easily the best gen but I still haven't actually played Gen 5. But Platinum and HG/SS win out over anything from 1-3 or 6.
>>
>>25066657
They did in HGSS...... i think they got dumb after gen 5
>>
>>25066748
It's underrated by people, cool story and characters, just don't think it's the best games that's HGSS
>>
>>25066638
looker has appeared in just about every game past Platinum he seems popular enough

if there is gen 4 remake hes back for sure
but that one scientist
probably not
>>
>>25067282
What did that scientist even do? I forgot he even existed.
>>
>>25067282
I suppose the Distortion World would probably at least appear post game, maybe like the Delta Episode.
>>
>>25066614
The only thing I absolutely hate is how slow the engine speed is, especially in battles which P and HGSS didn't fix. It's hard going back from a Gen 5 or Gen 3 game where the speed of battles and on the overworld is acceptable at the least, so I hope if there ever is a DP remake GF would have at least fixed the framerate issue in the Gen 6 games.
>>
>>25067282
Charon will probably come back, since he has lore with Rotom.

>>25067308
He had a major role in the postgame where he tries to summon Heatran.
>>
I love gen 4. It has arguably the best music and pretty much everything about it is great except the slow speed/30fps.
>>
so many great new mons
so many cool routes
so many fun diversions

I'm playing through Pearl again right now (because it's the only gen IV game I currently have access to) and even though it's way inferior to Platinum, it's still great.
>>
File: 54820073_p0.png (889 KB, 1025x1000) Image search: [Google]
54820073_p0.png
889 KB, 1025x1000
time for best girl
>>
>>25069076

>gen 4 best girl
>not Cynthia
>>
>>25069076
her D/P overworld sprite is the most aesthetically pleasing in the series
>>
I actually picked up a used Platinum version yesterday because I've missed playing it. I just got my first badge this morning and am having a great time with it.
>>
>>25066614
Nighttime was comfy and music was good. Pacing was dogshit though
>>
>>25066614
I'm doing a Diamond nuzlocke run now, and I've forgotten how much I enjoyed it when it was just released. God I can't wait for the remakes.
>>
>>25071251
Pacing is only bad between Maylene and Crasher Wake
All Pokemon games have some problems in pacing anyways
>>
>>25066748
>best music
you don't actually believe this do you? gen 2, 3, and 5 poop on it

>best third version
agreed

>best remakes
agreed

>best lore
agreed

>lots of legendaries
this is a bad thing. Gen 4 has the worst legendaries, there are more fucking legendaries in gen 4 overall than there were fire types

>good, well designed starters
agreed
>>
>>25071251

what's wrong with the pacing?

>>25071546

>music
>gen 2, 3, and 5 poop on it

3 maybe, 2 and 5 hell no

the only music I even remember from gen 5 is Iris' theme
>>
Is it me or are those games the hardest since gen II?
>>
>>25071682

>gen 2
>hard

the only hard parts in that entire game are the third gym, the eighth gym and maybe some of the rival battles if you're not prepared. the NPCs are ridiculously underleveled for most of the game.
>>
It's impossible to hate gen 4.
>>
>>25071651
not him but the games were slow as fuck (especially surfing) and revisiting Mt Coronet was annoying. Also fog and snow routes were a load of bullshit
>>
>>25071704
>not liking the snow routes
opinion literally worthless
>>
>>25071697
Gen 2 has the problem of not having literally anywhere to grind in Kanto (and this wasn't fixed in the remakes)
>>
>>25071682
>gen 2
>hard

the fuck?

gen 2 is the easiest in the series, even with gen 6's bullshit
>>
>>25071714
Yeah cause shit that hinders your movement is really fun. I bet you liked the mud bogs too faggit
>>
>>25071704

>not liking Mt. Coronet
>not liking snow routes

also Platinum fixed the surf speed

the fog was kinda bullshit, I'll give you that
>>
>>25071720
I already told you your opinion is worthless
Why are you still posting?
>>
I think the worst part of gen 4 was how dull the world was, especially after the vibrant hoenn

aside from that and the music being slightly worse, platinum is probably the best pokemon game
>>
>>25071738
mt coronet was kind of cool because of lore but revisiting it 20 million times wasn't
>>
>>25071746
Platinum really had it all
VS Seeker, Battle Frontier, Gym Leader Rematches, Increased Difficulty, Trainer's Pokemon having thought out movesets, etc.
It still feels like the most complete game
>>
Are HG and SS available for download on the nintendo estore?
>>
>>25071764
it is

I also think it had the best metagame
>>
>>25071750
It's not like you visited the same part more than once or twice,
Mt. Coronet had a lot of different sections, with differently leveled pokemon

I wouldn't be surprised if Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel combined were bigger than Mt. Coronet, and no one says anything about those
>>
I played Diamond not long after it came out, and I didn't enjoy it at all. Usually I go through a Pokemon game 4-5 Ike's before I'm bored of it, but I only did one playthrough and wasn't really impressed. I actually got away from Pokemon and stopped caring about it. Then platinum came out, and I had no interest in it. Then I got a Best Buy gift card, there were no DS games I was interested in, and I figured "why not?" I loved that game so much that I bought a 2nd platinum game (it helped that some idiot at GameStop marked the price down $10 by accident). 2 so I could go through the game as much as I wanted and enjoy the post game. It's probably my favorite game in the series. HG/SS were just icing on the cake. Gen 4 revitalized my interest in Pokemon that's stayed to this day (for better or for worse).
>>
>>25066748
don't forget best spin-offs also
>>
>>25071764
We can all agree that Platinum was the apex of Pokémon then.
>>
>>25071911
dunno, gen V had a cooler story in my opinion by Platinum is way up there too
>>
>>25071697
>Red
>>
>>25072079

okay yeah I forgot about Red.
>>
I always wondered why people called Platinum hard and wondered it again when I played Platinum. Until I fought the Elite Four. Holy fuck, those guys are hard when your entire team is 53. It certainly didn't help my team lacked defenses.
>>
>>25072130
I remember that I made the mistake of only having earthquake on my gachomp and got rekt by the first dude's drapion
>>
>>25071764
>>25071768
>>25071911
>>25071922
Honestly, Platinum was my favorite. I want a gen 7 platinum rehash. I want Sinnoh to look awesome, and I want a Star Sapphire-esque hack.

As for the DPPt meta, I liked it quite a bit, but maybe I liked gen5s meta a little better, since Contrary and Moxie made their way onto a bunch of my teams, and shell smash became a thing.
>>
>>25072529
>want gen 7 patinum remake
>will get D/P content instead

fuck gamefreak
>>
>>25072529
Gen v was the beginning of the power creep though
>>
>>25072584
Hopefully we can fix that with romhacks. Don't know if we'll be able to put Distortion world and whatnot into the game I have no idea how much power romhackers have

>>25072591
Yea, unfortunately. I really liked the gen4 metagame, but I feel like it could deal with a few of the less broke abilities being added. Stuff like Drizzle and Drought on Ninetails and Politoed. Fuck Prankster, fuck Magic mirror, fuck poison heal on gliscor, and a whole bunch of others that I'm for sure forgetting.
>>
>>25066614

Platinum was the best game in that Trio
>>
>Glorious Route 217 in 3D
Hnnnnnngh, diamonds. Tbqf, I hope they make it longer and more intricate. Throw a cave somewhere in there. Make it so when you reach the lakefront, you feel relief and a sense of triumph.

It would be great if they replaced Defog with Dive. Or just do away with HMs altogether, replace them with passive skills.
>>
I've always been an emeraldfag, but real talk platinum is probably the best one factoring in its awesome online metagame

it's a shame the servers are down, but even single player wise platinum is very good

only complaint I have is that the region could be better as could the OST
>>
>>25074021
The OST only needs better samples for the music font but that was also a problem in Gen III. The compositions are amazing.
>>
>>25071922
Unova has a silly story that takes itself too seriously. Sinnoh has an epic story that doesn't take itself seriously enough.

I'd say they're even.
>>
>>25066614
worst gen ever. playing this was my worst pokemon experience and I played green.

the story was so good I can't even remember what it was about,
the starters were ugly but you did not had choice anyways because if you did not pick the fireass monkey, you would never get a fire type
the characters were that good I can't remember any of them, except the moronic rival and the charismatic cynthia but other than that, even the main character was useless.

I don't say this is an objective point of view but I can't care less for an hypathetic gen4 remake...
>>
http://pkmnclassic.net/
>>
I played last year. I was really hyped but before getting into the 7th Gym my hype went down a lot. It didn't helped that I wasn't liking my team too much.

It did got better when I reached E4. Holy shit, every pokémon had some good coverage moves. It was pretty hard to switch in safely. And Cynthia beat me on the first time.

Someday I'll play it again with a better team.
>>
>mfw my only purpose of living is to see the Pokemon Platinum Remake happen
I love these games
>>
>>25076275
>platinum remake

Lol
>>
File: latest[1].png (13 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
13 KB, 512x384
I'm playing through Pearl again, and why the fuck did they have to hide evolution stones behind this terrible RNG minigame?

I just wanted to get a thunderstone for my Pikachu before the last city and I'm going insane
>>
>>25076357
That's one of the best mini games in the series
>>
>>25066657
Man I dread the Gen5 remakes.

>Just Black/White with a Baby Homika cameo
>no B2W2 content
>no B2W2 remake
>>
>>25066614
>Skipped out on Gen 4
>Decide to try it out last month
>Start planning my team before plsying
>Dragonite is my favorite pokemon since gen 1
>always have him on my team as my leader bro
>Can't catch him until after the pokemon league
>Get pissed the fuck off

They never treat Garchomp, Haxorous, or Salamance like this. You can always get those motherfuckers around mid game, and at worse, before the elite 4.

Anyway, I enjoyed platinum, but I wouldn't say its the best gen.
>>
>>25077779
>liking derponite
now you know why you didn't get quints
>>
>>25076357
I loved that minigame
it's pretty easy to get evolution stones
>>
>>25076357
That game is fun as fuck

You have shit taste anon
>>
>>25076357
This was fun. One of the many positives about Gen 4.
Why you don't invite a friend to mine with you?
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.