[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>pokemon go will only have the first 151 pokemon why ? just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: Pokemon-go.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-go.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>pokemon go will only have the first 151 pokemon
why ? just why ? i understand that it's the 20th anniversary of pokemon,and i understand that they want to do everything related to gen one,that's fine,but why pokemon go also needs to get involved in this ?

is it because they want pander to normies/genwunners/nostalgifag etc. and so they make everything related to gen one ?

or maybe because they are trying to make millions while putting the less effort as possible ?

or both ?
>>
Nice source you got there.
>>
>>25048419
OR maybe they want the game to be attractive so they will add new generations every once in a while.

Ever thought about good marketing strategy anon?
>>
>>25048439
>Ever thought about good marketing strategy anon?
they only "marketing strategy" that i see right now is
>"we make everything for gen one because normies/genwunners/nostalgifag is biggest audience we have and so we will make milions !"

but yeah,having only gen one on pokemon go would getting boring very soon,so they are probably going to add new generations

>>25048437
>nice source
have you got a source that says that every 721 pokemon will be there ?
>>
>>25048473

Why wouldn't they have all of them when the models and animations are already made?
>>
>>25048473
Anon never claimed that all 721 would be there. But the lack of source still doesn't help your case.
>>
>>25048419
>>25048473
If they only have the Gen 1 Pokemon in Pokemon GO, it'll likely flop. I'm sure the genwunners in the West have all but dropped the franchise for good, and last I checked most of those people never played the video games to begin with; they just watched the cartoon or showed off their Pokemon cards.
>>
>>25048473
>they only "marketing strategy" that i see right now is
>>"we make everything for gen one because normies/genwunners/nostalgifag is biggest audience we have and so we will make milions !"

Then maybe you should think that starting with just one generation and then adding other ones every once in a while will make the game more exciting and it will stretch its longevity.

By starting with all 721 the game will be an old news in few months at most
>>
>>25048512
>>25048419
>>25048473
I personally believe (unless source provided) that they will have a mix of pokemon.

Given only gen 1, they are surely to release more as anon discussed as a marketing strategy.
>>
>>25048419
Doubt GameFreak would miss the chance to promote other 570 Pokemon to millions of people.

The gen1-only trailer was most likely for nostalgia-inducing purposes, getting as many views as they can.
>>
>>25048419
> Buy the Johto Pack! 100 new Pokemon! Only for $9.99!
>>
>>25048697
This
>>
>>25048697
For a game that's initially free but cost millions to make, anything is a bargain at this stage.
I do hope it doesn't go overboard with the pay to win.
>>
>>25048697
I would pay for each gen expect first or for entire game if this let them avoid other payments. What i mean is, paying for more pokemon sounds better than paying for pokeballs/pokemon centers/etc.
>>
you fucking children, I really hope you dont even play the game so I don't have to play with you

151 pokemon is a fucking lot of characters you need to try and catch if it involves actually going outside and walking around for them.
why the fuck do you need more than that out of the gate?
if you want things to have longevity you dont blow your wad at launch
>>
File: Gotta catch Em all.png (26 KB, 375x80) Image search: [Google]
Gotta catch Em all.png
26 KB, 375x80
I rather have all 721 Known Pokémon.
>>
File: 1453337712437.png (816 KB, 996x560) Image search: [Google]
1453337712437.png
816 KB, 996x560
>>25048697
>people will fall for this and buy it
>>
File: pokeman_go.jpg (249 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pokeman_go.jpg
249 KB, 1600x1200
>>25048419
>>
>>25048419

There are only 151 pokemon. Anything else is a meme
>>
>>25052020
>he
check yourself, xir
>>
>>25048419
>is it because they want pander to normies/genwunners/nostalgifag
It's this, /vp/ will deny it thugh.

That said, the may put later gens later, but the damage is done.
>>
>>25048473
>but yeah,having only gen one on pokemon go would getting boring very soon,so they are probably going to add new generations

That's literally why newer pokemon appear on the franchise in general. If they didnt, nostalgiafags would complain that it's always the same.
>>
>>25048419
>>25048473
>separating ? and ! from the words

Get out of here before I call Trump, Juan.
>>
Where did you hear this >>25048419?
>>
Protip: unless you're trolling or a complete literal faggot, don't state something as a fact unless it is in fact a fact. cuntwagon.
>>
>>25052063

This normies meme makes me chuckle every time. You aren't a special snowflake because you browse 4chan and play Pokemon.
>>
>>25048419
>why did they only include the recognizable pokemon
>>
>>25052257
Half of them are reaching forgettable status these days.
>>
op is a faggot
>>
File: 1451884133455.png (68 KB, 345x542) Image search: [Google]
1451884133455.png
68 KB, 345x542
TBQH, I heard the same thing as OP

>There will be gyms and gym leaders

I'm like, awesome! But the phrasing of it was like "where you can level up your Pokemon" And I thought it would be bullshit if you could only level them up at gyms, but would also prevent people from running around with level 100s

>Game launches with only origional 151

When I read the thing, again too lazy to look it up, I understood it to mean the the IAPs would be each successive generation. Like, the game is free, but if you want Johto mons you have to work over 5-10, 5-10 for Hoenn, etc.

More likely $10-$15 per gen, realistically.
I'm paying the bastards.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.