[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Land of the Lost pokemon part 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11
so the last thread got some steam but kind of fizzled out I still think this can be salvaged if people start doing dome designs

what we determined
1. the continent is isolated unchanged after millions of years and ancient pokemon still exist
2. pokemon are based off prehistoric animals, plants and dinosaurs and ancient civilizations
3 Water starter appears to be baryonx to spinosaur line, Fire is pteradactyl to quetzalcoatlus line, plant is velciraptor to utahraptor or deinonychus
3. continent is based off pangea, side islands are based off jurrassic park islands
4. there are 165 base pokemon with a side pool of pokemon that were good but didn't make the cut and could be added later
5. towns are research centers and ancient tribes of people
6. prehistoric pokemon from other games can be in the game but have their rock type removed since they gain it from fossilization process unless they were rock type to begin with.
7. this isn't a full game more like a dex and map and character designs with stats and new moves
>>
>>25040160
Pretty cool.
>>
>>25040160
Survey guy here, hopefully this'll get attention. Pretty sad to see it die so fast.
>>
>>25040160
>plant is velociraptor
you're asking for shit buddy. Fair warning.
>>
File: IMG_20151204_203925.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151204_203925.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>25040160
Nice fakemons anon heres mine!
>>
>>25040160
>grass type velociraptor
>side islands are based off jurrassic park islands
this wasn't even discussed, I do not remember that.
>>
>>25042013
What is it based on? I can't read what it says because the pencil is too light.
>>
>>25043315
it says based on a fire bush.

redhead pubes i guess.
>>
>>25041426
Should be fire raptor, plant pterosaur, or raptor not as a starter at all
>>
>pokedex project
>not a single drawfag in either thread
Not gonna happen
>>
>>25040160
Needs a ton of bugs.
>>
>>25043379
There were at least 3 last thread.
>>
>>25043315
>>25043341
Firebush + Leshy its basically a guardian of the forest
>>
>>25043613
Don't really think that fits the theme of prehistory.
>>
>>25043660
Y not its a guardian of the forest from medieval times protects the environment and creatures within puts out fires and has acces to rain dance and sunny day dig
>>
>>25043694
Well we're trying to do stuff that's more ancient, like dinosaurs and ice age creatures. Anything from those periods. The medieval times isn't prehistory.
>>
phew, thought the idea was kill when the last thread died
>>
>>25044719
no but it maybe if we dont start getting some designs even some rought drafts of ome pokemon would be a good start.
>>
File: IMG_0049.jpg (916 KB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0049.jpg
916 KB, 1936x2592
Maybe something volcano related like this? I drew it with the intention of a mountain but a volcano fits the prehistoric theme better
>>
bump for ideas!
>>
grass starter should definitely be a stegosaurus let's be real
>>
needs a primordial ooze pokemon that spawns other pokemon, like an alternative mew
>>
File: 20160121_002630-1.jpg (388 KB, 1292x1919) Image search: [Google]
20160121_002630-1.jpg
388 KB, 1292x1919
I'm certainly no drawfag but I threw together a volcanic mon a while ago, kinda prehistoric. It's supposed to be a rock monster that builds up steam then erupts in its final stage. In retrospect it looks like the unwanted spawn of Gigalith, Metagross, and Avalugg
>>
>>25047548
Maybe something like ditto in terms of appearance and stats, but has an unknown type and copies only movesets instead of typing, appearance, and moveset?
>>
I've always loved this idea.

Big baddies in the water should be a megalodon and a dunkleosteus (Water/Steel).
>>
Where is the prasaurolophus one I've seen a draw from a draw fag in one of the last threads but I can't find it, it had a good concept of a water gun or something like that
>>
Evil team?
>>
>>25049900
Probably a Darwinian "survival of the fittest" group who want to return the world to its normal state. The leader is essentially on a Nuzlocke run and has a new team every time you meet him, and has his subordinates do the same. You come across many former members who left after becoming attached to their Pokémon and were not willing to give them up. The leader pulls his strongest Pokémon out of his PC to use in his final fight with you. When it loses, he tries to attack you himself, and breaks down in tears when the pokemon he just disowned stops him.
>>
>>25050057
>return to it's normal state
What do you mean by 'normal state'? And what does that have to do with Darwinism?
>>
>>25048213
I don't remember anyone drawing a parasaur.
>>
>>25047439
I concur.
>>
>>25049900
Some evil corporation that wants to get rid of everything in the region and turn it into a giant resort, trying to buy out research centers and towns so that they can own everything while not caring about the ecosystem of endangered prehistoric pokemon.
>>
>>25047744
I think a volcano, often being an icon of prehistoric times, works better as a legendary.

And since I'm on the topic, here are my ideas for legendaries:
-A Volcano
-Something that represents the Ice Age
-Asteroid

Also maybe give Mew a Mega or 'Primal' form since Mew is suppose to be the first pokemon.
>>
Needs Will Farrell as the MC
>>
>>25050180
I probably should have put "normal state" in quotes. I also probably should have said "natural state". It would be the definition as they see it of "The Earths natural state", i.e. a world where weakness is non-existant because everything weak has been cast aside in favor of the strong.
>>
Water/dragon basilosaurus, mosasaur, or pliosaur line pls!
>>
>>25050220
Eh, sounds like it's been done before. I like >>25050195 better. because it's my idea
>>
>>25050234
I actually like yours better too.

I'll give it extra bonus points if they treat the prehistoric pokemon like just another resource.
>>
File: region.png (595 KB, 1601x744) Image search: [Google]
region.png
595 KB, 1601x744
How about something like this for the region?
>>
>>25050256
This could be a fun Jurassic Park inspired moment in the story. Maybe there is some sort of festival or something for the announcement of the resort during the climax of the game, and then some prehistoric pokemon (including the region's legendaries) they've been using for entertainment break free and cause some havoc.
>>
>>25050262
I'm okay with this. I'll try to make my own map
>>
>>25050408
Yeah?
>>
File: Pangea Map.png (208 KB, 2584x2304) Image search: [Google]
Pangea Map.png
208 KB, 2584x2304
>>25052268
Yeah

I basically just got the map I saw the most and was also rather simple, and I just made it black and white and erased the borders and names (basically, I didn't do much work), but I thought this outline is a good direction.

The problem with yours, I think is that it's based off of a map of the continents in the shape of Pangea but in their modern forms, which I do not believe is the standard idea as to what Pangea looks like.
>>
>>25052442
It doesn't need to be perfect. You should add a few islands, then maybe add some different towns.
>>
File: Volcano.png (7 KB, 280x282) Image search: [Google]
Volcano.png
7 KB, 280x282
>>25050212
Tried drawing an base design for the volcano legendary. Basically, it's meant to look imposing and huge with it's puffy smoke and it's heavy-top design.
Thoughts?

Based off this
http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/71/640x851_12803_Kronos_2d_fantasy_creature_volcano_monster_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
>>
>>25053892
Yeah anon I like that direction.
>>
>>25053892
looks almost like a fakemon i've drawn
>>
>>25053892
Make the head more lizard like.
>>
>>25047439
My first thought after reading ITT
>>
>>25056402
Not every pokemon in the region needs to be dinosaur like.
>>
>>25040160
I think maybe when we made a new thread we should say 'DRAWFAGS WANTED' or something. That's our biggest drawback so far.
>>
File: 20150608_212000.jpg (1 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150608_212000.jpg
1 MB, 4128x2322
I hope these roughly sketched designs and concepts can be used.

The general gist is a sabretooth tiger, but the trick is incorporating these three aspects: Ice related puns Electric related puns, and some kind of German aspect.

It's a two-stager, Electric/Ice, Ability for first stage is Static, Hidden Ability for final form is Strong Jaw.

I'll just my idea of the stats for the final stage.

HP: 80
Att: 110
Def: 90
SpA: 55
SpD: 75
Spd: 120

BST: 530

Final stage to follow
>>
File: 20150608_212035.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150608_212035.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>25057682

Pokefy the art style and it'll be a good addition I feel. If it's not clear by my shitty and limited art skills, the fangs are supposed to be icicles.

Movepool: Ice Shard, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Rock Slide, Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Thunder Wave
>>
>>25057682
>>25057695
I don't get the typing. If you want a saber cat it doesn't need to be ice type.
>>
>>25057726

What? Okay. It has fangs made of icicles, I would assume that's why it's Ice type.
>>
>>25057726

I mean it's just so absurd I have to post twice. I don't get why Ponyta is Fire type. If you want a pony pokemon it doesn't need to be Fire type.

Are you the creator of this project by the way?
>>
>>25057814
>>25057820
Then why make it electric type? Either have an electric type saber cat or an ice type saber cat, not an ice-electric saber cat. It's random as fuck and doesn't if you're going to put those two types together then you oughta have a concept behind it other than 'I think It'd be cool'.

And no I'm not creator of the project.
>>
>>25057845

Indeed, that was going to be my next question, why would you be content with it being Electric type when sabretooth tigers aren't Electric related at all? It's a fucking pokemon game. Sabretooth tigers were around in the Ice Age do there's the Ice typing explained, Electric can be explained by the fact that the baby stage is a fictional creature with fur that resembles a striped sweater and gives off static shocks.

And I did explain the concept. Both names play on German/Ice/Electric elements.

Freetz: Freeze, Hertz, Fritz
Blizkrieg: Blizzard, Blitz, Blitzkrieg

WHY IS PONYTA FIRE TYPE?
>>
>>25057875
Don't be so mad, he just thinks the type is weird. I like it, especially the twirling fur in the last stage.
>>
>>25057875
Stop with your shitty ponyta anology, it doesn't work for this instance at all.

I don't get the concept behind it. A static-y sweater that's also cold and also a saber tooth? And what does that have to do with Germany? The design doesn't resemble anything like that, just looks like a yellow cartoon saber tooth. I don't like the concept itself so I can't say it's 'in the right direction' either.

Sorry just not happening for me. I'd support a saber cat that's ice or electric, and with electric it doesn't need any kind of concept behind it because I agree with your shitty ponyta analogy that you won't stop using.
>>
>>25057916

The Ponyta analogy is apt, you're functioning under the mistaken assumption that all pokemon are built from the concept outward. MANY pokemon are built from the design outward. I could give examples of this till I'm blue in the face.

Why is Grumpig psychic type? Pigs have no psychic power, it should be normal type.

Why is Weavile Dark/Ice? Sure, weasels fit the Dark typing, but why Ice? Because the design suggests Ice typing.

Those two designs suggest Electric/Ice typing, end of story. The German aspects admittedly can be worked on, maybe make the final stage have a bald head in the shape of a German army helmet or something.

If you worked for GF, half the pokemon would be Normal type because your autism and lack of imagination prevents you from seeing how a random type can be slapped on anything for the hell of it.

Tyrantrum: king and T Rex design elements. Why is it Rock type? Because it looks like a Rock type.

>>25057915

Thank you. If you're an artfag I would relinquish the concept to you to finalize the art and make it look more pokemony.
>>
>>25057969
>being this mad because someone doesn't like your idea
Learn to accept some criticism, anon. And you're also not listening to anything I'm saying, so you really have no place in a group discussion trying to come up with ideas for pokemon.

Your heart is set on sweatertooth that's electric and ice type and for some reason has to do with Germany? Fine. I just don't get, I think it's stupid. Get over it. But no one's pokemon ideas are going to follow through if you're going to be an ass about other people's opinions.
>>
>>25058003

I respect constructive criticism; you have a fundamental lack of understanding of the way pokemon are designed. And you fucked the whole thread with your constant negativity. At least try to refute the points I was making or give me something to refute. It's not constructive. It's ignorant to the way pokemon are designed. I'm done with you, you stupid motherfucker.
>>
>>25058048
Alright, since you weren't really paying attention to what I was saying, I'll explain thoroughly why I don't like your idea. I tried asking you about the details and all I got was you ranting about ponyta and the typing of other pokemon.

1. Why combine a sweater with a saber tooth? The saber tooth is an iconic prehistoric animal, I don't think we should waste the animal by combining it with a sweater. I also think there are far better animals to combine the sweater aspect with. But most importantly I don't think a sweater really represents an island full of prehistoric pokemon.

2. What's with the typing? I fully understand that a lot of pokemon have random typing, however I can't think of many pokemon that have two random typings that don't particularly fit. You want ice because Saber cats lived in the Ice Age, that makes perfect sense, but then you have this electric type. I get the electric type comes from the sweater, because sometimes you get static from wearing sweaters. But you have two different concepts here. A sweater pokemon that's electric type? Cool. An ice type saber tooth? Cool. But they do not fit together in my opinion.

2. As you admitted, the German aspect doesn't make any sense. Then you suggested putting a german helmet on it, making the concept of the pokemon even more convaluted. So it's not only a saber tooth and a sweater, but a representation of Germany? Why? As I said many times before, I don't get it. And you never explained.

Nothing can really make this idea work for me. I'd like to see a sweater pokemon, but a sweater pokemon doesn't really fit into the region we're doing. I wouldn't mind an electric type saber tooth either, or an ice type saber tooth. Maybe electric/dark or ice/dark. And I just do not see the German thing going on at all. Basically it's way too convoluted.

Is that what you're looking for?
>>
>>25058234
And I apologize for all those typos. My original post was way too long so I rushed to reword it and I made a lot of mistakes.
>>
>>25057969
>this buttmad autism

Sorry but your idea isn't that strong conceptually. Pick a theme and stick with it, don't mash 2 things together (3 if we count the Germany element that nobody except you can even figure out) and then cry when people call you out on having a confused, unfocused design.

Your Ponyta analogy is fucking retarded because giving one element to an real animal design to make it "fantasy" allows a consistently strong theme, whereas you're mashing multiple unrelated elements onto one design that doesn't really support them. A much better (but less favorable analogy) would be Lanturn, which is Water type because its a fish but also Electric type because it has a light on its head - just like the real animal. There's no strong thematic reasoning for why a sabretooth should have both Electric and Ice types.
>>
ok what if we got an electric sabertooth and gave it a popsicle.
>>
>>25058234
>>25058369

Eat my assjuice if you don't get it.
>>
Let's stop this, before we turn as bad as most fangame threads. The idea was fine, if a bit jumbled. Let's move on.
>>
>>25058394
Speaking seriously though, I do like the idea of an electric type sabertooth. Maybe electric/dark. I know last thread we had a primal Luxray thing which was cool. Maybe we don't need it to literally look like Luxray, but be a pre-Luxray pokemon in spirit.
>>
>>25058469
Look on the bright side, the thread is getting a bit of attention.
>>
Also since, despite me asking, no one seemed to have saved any of the images from last thread. So I'll step in and save any original art.
>>
>>25058493
We already have Raikou. I like the Ice Type sabertooth better.
>>
>>25058617
That's true.

Could also be pure dark type?
>>
Here, I saved all the images in the thread, and will continue to do so (even if it means saving Sweatertooth). Sorry for using photobucket, it's temporary and I have no idea how to use dropbox. If anyone has a different site they'd recommend, please say so.
http://s1159.photobucket.com/user/evolutionrex/library/?sort=3&page=1
>>
>>25058396
>posts shitty design
>nobody likes it
>"y-you just don't get it!"

its shit, you're shit, etc
>>
I vote for letting the sabertooth being a primal version of an already existing pokemon, like Houndoom/ Arcanine/ Mightyena/ etc.
>>
>>25057916
just sayin'; a static-y sweater and cold go together just fine. you wear that sweater BECAUSE it's cold
>>
>>25058906
All those are canines, anon. A Sabertooth is a cat.

I liked the Luxray idea, but as the other anon pointed out, we have enough electric-cats already because of Raiku. I think it should be an original pokemon.
>>
>>25058911
Sweaters are for warming up, to prevent itself from the cold. If anything, it should have been electric/fire. But I'm not going to get into that. We should move on from that discussion.
>>
>>25057695
I like the fur being shaggy and long on the neck/upper shoulders/a bit down the back
>>
>>25058396
lmbo
it's just a lame design anon, relax
>>
>>25058937
Damn, I forgot all about that canine/ feline stuff
I'm not very clever
>>
>>25058723
Mega or Google Drive.
If you don't mind the botnet Drive is probably your best bet, since it+docs is made for collab.
>>
>>25059968
What's Mega? Too generic of a word to type into google.
>>
Bump for Professor.
>>
bump for dunkleosteus
>>
File: JP-JohnHammond.jpg (17 KB, 484x445) Image search: [Google]
JP-JohnHammond.jpg
17 KB, 484x445
>>25062468
Alright anon.
Here's a professor, just for you.
>>
>>25041426
Agreed, it's just gonna end up looking like a generic Sceptile or Grovyle clone like we see way too much of in fan games.
>>
>>25049900
T-Rexes
>>
>>25064822
I'm not sure what OP referred to by a grass raptor starter anyway, that was never discussed last thread.
>>
>>25058937
What's wrong with using existing monsters? Maybe Raikou wasn't always so rare, maybe Entei can be found at all volcanos eating lava rocks etc
>>
>>25059148
>I forgot cats and dogs are different
W-what?
>>
>>25066174
>making legendary pokemon common
Not in support of that idea at all anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 600x1816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 600x1816
>>25069676
>>
>>25069984
kek
>>
op here im going to attempt to draw a megalodon soon maybe tomorrow my drawing suck but whatever.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.