[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That fake region you've been thinking about has one really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.gif (125 KB, 477x272) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
125 KB, 477x272
That fake region you've been thinking about has one really good idea in it. What is it?
>>
Its a circle
>>
File: 250px-132Ditto.png (41 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-132Ditto.png
41 KB, 250x250
>>25033279
flat circle
>>
>>25033279
Holon
>>
it has an indefinite area "shrouded with mystic fog" that regenerates new structures and a new pool of mons each time you enter and leave, and soft-scales to your strongest party member
>>
The post-game gauntlet is Mad Max themed: the Battle Highway. Balance on the back of a flatbed semi and fight trainers that jump on off of cars, motorcycles, horses, etc.
>>
File: witness.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
witness.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>25033346
Go on...
>>
>>25033353
It's run by Team Scrap, one of the beneficial teams in the region that's Fighting and Steel themed. There's a three-strikes rule for the easier difficulties that makes your truck run out of gas, with less strikes necessary to lose at higher difficulties. Previous gym leaders are the capstone bosses and they arrive via helicopter.

Victor, the guy who runs the place, is featured in one of the dlc legendary quests to track down a mysterious pokemon that's been flipping cars and wrecking trucks. (it's a bug/fighting jumping flea)
>>
>>25033312
Friend Safari replacement?
>>
You play as the region and explore the protagonist.
>>
File: Mediocre out of 10.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Mediocre out of 10.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>25033346
Ridiculous

The unique region I came up with has a city comparable to Luminose and Castelia. The city has a gym on one side; the other half of the city is inaccessible until you've collected 5 badges. There is a 2nd gym in the other half of the city and then you travel out again to get the last two badges. In the centre of the city is a tower, which holds the Elite 4 and Champion at the top. You progress up the tower by elevator and beat each member of the Elite 4 as you ascend; the top is a large stadium full of fans eager to watch the match.
>>
You work for a detective agency solving Pokemon-related cases and gym leader + battle facilities are the postgame
>>
>>25033444
make it north side/south side chicago and we've got a deal
>>
>>25033440
A Mystery Dungeon-like team of shrunken pokemon inside a trainer's body, trying to keep it from succumbing to tiny poison/psychic/dark pokemon.
>>
>>25033489
>fire: fevers
>rock: polyps
>ground: dehydration
>fighting: exhaustion
>electric: tremors
>grass: allergies
>bug: germs
>poison: food poisoning
>water: coughing/choking
>ice: cold/chills
>psychic: headaches
>ghost: anxiety
>flying: smoke/dust inhalation
>normal: fat buildup
>dark: anger issues
>fairy: denial/delusions
>that dragon, cancer
>>
>>25033236
It's made of two regions. Each has their own set of Pokémon, only sharing the starters, legendary trio, and trio master.
>>
It's not fully thought out yet, but...

There are "uncharted" or dangerous areas you can enter that are mostly randomly generated. They're sort of mazelike with semi-common but stronger wild pokemon in swarms, double, or singles format. These areas contain rare items and rare pokemon, but once you enter these places you have to keep traversing until you find an exit.

With this I'd like the player to be able to turn on their wifi to have someone to adventure with or come across other trainers to battle. (If they lose they experience a minor black out and you rake in some cash.)

I haven't quite got it all figured out yet, but I would like there to be an incentive for other players to "player kill" and challenge each other, as well as work together.
>>
>>25033236
the moon
>>
You start in a trainer academy sort of like the opening to FFVIII, there are other ideas I have for it but neither are solid enough to speak about without sounding stupid.
>>
>>25033444
>trips
WITNESSED
>>
Starter town has a Safari Zone-like area with grassy patches, riverbeds and fiery caves that contain each and every starter pokemon of prior regions, plus whatever 3 new ones, so you can catch the starter you most like, and you get to come back at random intervals during your quest to catch more of them.
>>
The legendaries you can find hidden throughout the region aren't just some random pokemon waiting in a one-room cave with no fanfare or anything. I want them to have a unique little sidequest/minidungeon to explore first, which fleshes out each of them and gives them a little bit of a backstory (think Cinnabar Mansion in relation to Mew/Mewtwo).

Here's a rushed example, so sorry if it's a little shitty:
In one of the snow routes in the north, you can now find a path leading to a large mansion half-destroyed by snow (which was talked about/hinted at in a nearby city during the regular playthrough). Inside you need to solve puzzles to get through, while reading pages from a diary strewn across the mansion. It is the diary of the young son of a rich family that got snowed in after an unusually rough blizzard. Some of the excerpts read something like this.
>"I'm getting hungry. When is the blizzard going to end?"
>"My pet Swinub went missing! I've looked everywhere around the house but he is nowhere to be found."
>"Mother says father found some more food in the back of the storage shed. He says he'd do anything to survive this cold. I hope we do."
>"Father's gotten ill, and has to stay in his room. I hope he's doing alright."
>"Mother says he's been getting thinner. If only I could give him some of my food."
>"I sometimes hear things. Like a scratching noise. Mother says it's probably the cold and hunger making me hear things."
>"There is something out there! I know it! I'm scared."
>"Father isn't in his room"
This last note is found right outside the last room; the father's bedroom. Inside you find the back wall torn away revealing the cold wilderness. You find the actual diary torn to pieces, some torn clothes, and a Dark/Ice Pokemon based on the wendigo.
>>
The concept of routes aren't really the same as in normal Pokemon. They're more well cared for pathways that have level appropriate trainers and Pokemon, but off the beaten path are Wildernesses where even stronger Pokemon and stronger trainers live as sort of a higher risk higher reward challenge. These can be deeper seas or untamed forests or deserts, and can stretch to nearly twice as big as the main map. You can use them to cross routes to get to certain cities faster and challenge different gyms, and affect some of the direction of the story's villain plot.

Also these wildernesses can contain many of the non-Region Dex Pokemon you'd normally hunt down in Post-game, but you can acquire if you're strong enoguh and willing to make the trek out to new lands.
>>
There's space traveling in the main story. You have to stop the two legendary spacebot's fight before they reach Earth by catching one of them.
You can also discover planets where you can find pokemons from previous generations ( after beating the e4 )
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.