[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sage Sunday #2: Actually On Time Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: ssOP2.png (259 KB, 1580x1024) Image search: [Google]
ssOP2.png
259 KB, 1580x1024
http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/CAPX_Wiki

As promised, Sage Sunday returns for a second week in a row with an abundance of new art, music and development related to project VPMAGG, aka Pokemon Sage. For those that missed the last thread, the idea behind Sage Sunday is to give proper updates to the anons who worked on the game or were interested in playing the game by releasing weekly threads that showcase all the development for the game in the previous week and by taking feedback, criticism, suggestions and questions from the community. Here’s what’s on the slate for this week:

- CONFIRMED Route 4, 5 and 7 Pokemon encounters
- More excellent music for use in the game
- Concept art for the Eronze admin
- Concept art for Team Aurum Grunts
- Concept art for the Unmasked Champion
- Prototype maps for Route 9
- Discussion pertaining to:
-- Starry Cave
-- Location of several key items
-- Route 4 Trainer proposals
-- Route 3 Rival event

Posts following will be pictures pertinent to the above developments.
>>
File: routesfinal.png (118 KB, 1292x678) Image search: [Google]
routesfinal.png
118 KB, 1292x678
The CONFIRMED Pokemon distros for Route 4, 5 and 7
>>
File: brawler pic final.png (2 MB, 4144x2120) Image search: [Google]
brawler pic final.png
2 MB, 4144x2120
Concept art for the Eronze Admin
>>
File: gruntfinal.png (272 KB, 1792x982) Image search: [Google]
gruntfinal.png
272 KB, 1792x982
Concept art for Team Aurum Grunts
>>
File: finalunmaskedchamp.png (922 KB, 6424x2864) Image search: [Google]
finalunmaskedchamp.png
922 KB, 6424x2864
Concept art for the Unmasked Champion
>>
File: route9sketch.png (53 KB, 1920x1372) Image search: [Google]
route9sketch.png
53 KB, 1920x1372
Route 9 blueprint sketch
>>
File: route9splice.png (920 KB, 2008x1536) Image search: [Google]
route9splice.png
920 KB, 2008x1536
Prototype Route 9 map made from splicing of multiple concept maps
>>
https://soundcloud.com/nimble76/glittering-cave-nimble-gen-vp

https://soundcloud.com/nimble76/battle-champion

https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/without-pokeman

https://soundcloud.com/marcus-dewdney-1/battle-vs-champion-pokeman

https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/the-greatest-storm-of-our-times

https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/theme-of-pokeman-1

https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/theme-of-pokeman

https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/pokemon-sage-final-approach

https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/pokemon-sage-champion-battle

And finally some sweet tunes from your favorite Sage musicians

P.S: Premier Ball idea anon from last week: We have costume unlock ideas for every Pokeman alternate costume and all it's gonna take to put it in the game is a final consensus. Your idea is awesome.
>>
This is shaping up great. Can't wait to play it when it's finished!
>>
>it's been another week
>time for another round of pokeman drawings

there is grace in admitting when you aren't doing well
>>
did you guys make a new T H I C K palm tree that's not shit yet?
>>
>>25024599
Lolno
>>
>>25024597
unfortunately a lot of people were busy this week

>>25024599
no for the same reason as the post before yours
>>
File: 1391916574467.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1391916574467.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>sage
>>
>>25024629
>unfortunately a lot of people were busy this week
>>
>>25024651
a lot of people met up at a convention in the states and just hung out and dragon's dogma was released
>>
>>25024476
Why is the Eronze Admin some transvestite from that garbage SU show?

How does this fit Eronze admin at all?

Like, I'm trying to get an idea of what this person is supposed to be like. You say Brawler but obviously the character is just supposed to be some beefcake. Which, makes no sense why they're dressed like some glam rock 80's hero stereotype.

Like, they're wearing psuedo-boxing boots but then they have their handwraps on their forearms. And it looks like the shirt is ripped solely as an excuse for muscles to be shown off. There is nothing that would suggest that this is an Admin for an evil team much less someone that would be approached with a modicum of seriousness.

You obviously took the hair to match Eronze, but that's really the only thing going for this design. It legitimately looks like you made a beefcake because you wanted to fill some arbitrary quota of big, stupid, brute antagonists and just rolled it into one gigantic slab of garbage.

Even worse, compared to past designs, this one is more of the same! All of the men are strong, dashing, and youthful with the exception of Foster. All of the females are waifu-types. It's almost as if you people let your dicks do the drawings for you rather than try to explore new thematic choices and designs.

What's next, Erion admin is some slimy greaser guy who smokes? And Erace admin is Tron.

Just, horrible design overall.
>>
>>25024726
>What's next, Erion admin is some slimy greaser guy who smokes?
Hell be oil nig.

Also I absolutely agree with everything
>>
>>25024726
>What's next, Erion admin is some slimy greaser guy who smokes? And Erace admin is Tron.
You're not far off sadly.
Please, the admins all have such shitty suggestions, help them think of some actually good designs.
>>
>It legitimately looks like you made a beefcake because you wanted to fill some arbitrary quota of big, stupid, brute antagonists and just rolled it into one gigantic slab of garbage.

Yeah, so? Have you fucking played a pokemon game? All of the villains are one note sterotypes, especially minor ones like villainous team commanders.

Was Courtney, Tabthia, Mars, Saturn, etc, anything more then just various sterotypical generic villains?
>>
>>25024726
Do you know their concepts? They have defined concepts. I don't recall exactly what they are but they fit pretty closely with what they've always been theorized as. Brawler, Greedy Businessman and the Detached, I think.

Also, how is a big brawny woman more of the same in a game where " All of the men are strong, dashing, and youthful with the exception of Foster. All of the females are waifu-types"? We don't have a single brute character (except this admin) amongst the E4, gym leaders or other important NPCs. That particular depiction of the admin is the exact opposite of more of the same.
>>
Newest version of champ theme

https://soundcloud.com/nimble76/battle-champ-v2-genvp
>>
>>25024726
>all the men are strong, dashing and youthful
Nigga. We're actually lacking young male characters, don't encourage people to draw more old men. Besides, we have very few characters who look especially strong, so I don't know where you're going with this.

>all of the females are waifu-types
That completely true, but Gamefreak isn't much better in that regard. We're only missing the token old lady at this point.
>>
>>25024741
ORN and erion admin actually are leaning towards being separate characters iirc
>>
File: 1363123977318.png (34 KB, 916x511) Image search: [Google]
1363123977318.png
34 KB, 916x511
fuck.

https://soundcloud.com/nimble76/battle-champ-v2-genvp

https://soundcloud.com/nimble76/glittering-cave-v2-gen-vp

Working on more stuff as you all bicker about the trio designs.

Music Progress:

about 3 weeks ago we were more stagnant than a central florida pond. now we're back on our feet. for the most part. Wibe and I worked on an extensive list of things that need to be confirmed and music we can even currently use. I can post a link in this thread if people want to see it.

>>25024805
RUDE
>>
>>25024481
The design looks good if it was just for a desert variety and there was a female too. Looks really similar to something from Warhammer though,

>>25024487
>Pokeman unmasked is a stoner.
Is there like a little bowl with shitty ideas written on pieces of paper that you guys like to pick out of?

That's your Champion? Like, sure your Champ is "Pokeman", but from a NPC or players POV, the Champ of Urobos is that uninspired hippie.

Basically, your Champ is a hippie and he's secretly a costumed superhero who fears reprisal from corporate interests too much to fight back in his natural title so he becomes some over-the-top superhero who shouts cliche phrases but the player is supposed to approach the Champion seriously either way?

That's the person that the player has to battle to beat the game?

That fucking 1960's wannabe?

I swear to god every time you touch the concept of champion it slowly and slowly becomes worse and worse and worse.

>>25024741
At least oil rig nig has an interesting concept. Shame that he'll probably get redrawn to look like Ving Rhames or Michael Clark Duncan. You know Sage, has to draw em buff or hourglass.

>>25024744
The admins have shitty suggestions because it's an echo chamber in there.

>>25024770
I have. I've played every generation.

Also the villains are not one-note stereotypes.
>7 sages of Team Plasma (including Ghetsis)
>Petrel from HGSS TR
>Tabitha from Team Magma (man or woman?)
>Lysandre
>Xerosic
>one note
>>
>>25024797
>All of the men are strong, dashing, and youthful with the exception of Foster.
Alright lets count this one for true.
Cameron
Oscar, not strong or dashing just youthful
And done.
>>
>>25024816
I will fight you
>>
>>25024819
>Shame that he'll probably get redrawn to look like Ving Rhames or Michael Clark Duncan.
He won't. His original design is too perfect
>>
>>25024819
>Pokeman unmasked is a stoner.
>Being tired = heavy drug use
Anon, come on don't be that guy.
>>
>>25024825
I said leaning and iirc. That's just from the last discussion I remember. Someone just said there's a possibility they'll be the same person.
>>
Keep on trucking, Sage. I am very excited for your game. Take all the time you need to make it as good as you can.
>>
>>25024819
hi dunky
>>
>>25024819
>Also the villains are not one-note stereotypes.

You just listed a bunch of exceptions, and lysandre is a leader, not an admin. We already have an et character with complexity like pluto/xerosic/etc, and that's northy.

The golem admins are meant to be like the galactic admins.
>>
>>25024848
Thanks fampai.
>>
>>25024839
Then make him look more like a tired guy, and not somebody who is high 24/7.
>>
>try to have update threads for the community
>dunky comes in and shitposts the entire time

this is why we can't have nice things
>>
>>25024797
>theorized as a brawler
Since fucking when?

Eronze Admin has been proposed to be a mercenary leader, a hotheaded commander, and a nerdy, scrawny archaeologist.

The only person who ever utilized the word Brawler in the project is no longer involved to throw that word around, which means that you're full of shit.

But even then, even if that was true, the design in execution looks more like a fit for a fighting gym leader than the admin of a powerful organization.

Remember, this is the organization that is so powerful and frightening it turns the Weasel (see >>25024487) into Pokemon Batman and fight crime. And one of the top 5 leaders of this fearful organization looks like a rule 63 of that shitty SU gem with poor design management yet still somehow gets to control Eronze.

>>25024813
>old men
No, what'd be cool is if you drew someone with a normal body structure or stepped outside of your comfort zones. The problem isn't that you lack especially strong characters, it's that this screams like the design was made SPECIFICALLY to fill an arbitrary quota of "especially strong" characters and then it doesn't even execute properly to be visually appealing.

>>25024839
Top left is tumblr hippie.
Second left looks like Naruto cosplay.
Middle looks like he's blind or high and trying to hide red eyes.
The last two make him look like a chemo patient.
>>
>>25024890
>Since fucking when?
>that insider knowledge
Yeah this can only be Dunky.
Can you just like, stop shitposting?
Post your ideas/complaints without being a huge bitch about it.
>>
>>25024903
Speaking of good old shitposters and progress derailers, what's up with majora?
>>
>>25024819
> just for a desert variety
it was actually designed to fit any weather conditions. I guess it gives you desert-vibes because of the hat-with-scarf thing ?
>>
>>25024909
As annoying as always but mostly just gets told to fuck off.
It doesn't always work but most people start to ignore him once he starts going batshit anyway.
So he's pretty tolerable at the moment.
>>
>>25024909
being more productive and useful to the project than you are, apparently.
>>
>>25024493
>>25024501
I want to like the route but it just seems really bland. Maybe that's just being tired of seeing puddles and marsh-water after Unova but the route isn't really memorable for me. But that's just me though.

Like, what's the idea behind this map? Maybe I'm missing something about it.
>>
>>25024909
Aw shit guys stop fighting, Sage threads are no bully zones, we're all friends here
>>
>>25024914
It's definitely the hat. But it honestly does look good. I'd love to see it colored.
>>
>>25024909
personally from my own talks with him he's a lot more toned down. we agree to disagree on music things a lot of the time.
>>
>>25024890
>Middle looks like he's blind or high and trying to hide red eyes.
he do want to hide his eyes, because he's tired as fuck but he need to look fresh as a daisy. He takes his glasses off during battle because he wants to see everything clear and also he's fired up by the battle so he doesnt care anymore about his image
headcanon
>>
>>25024920
I stopped paying attention when i figured that nothing will be happening in the areas that interested me in major way and got a job. But hey, kudos to whoever is still sticking with it, even if it seems that progress is slow and the "fun" part of the project is long over.
>>
>>25024962
sorry friend, you got caught in the backfire of a full-on dunky assault
>>
>>25024903
Eronze admin is uninspired and screams quota-filler. If you want me to give you a pat on the back for coming up with an idea, I'll do it and suck your dick while you're at it. If you want honest feedback about your work, I'll tell you to your face.

Eronze admin looks like a SU character
Grunt design is 9/10 (awaiting color)
Pokeman unmasked looks high or on chemo.

Distros are good, I've got nothing really constructive for the maps aside from what I said earlier.

>>25024949
Wait, why is he tired again?
>plothole
If he's tired it would imply that he fights ET at night. But then how can he appear during the day if he's too busy facing challengers at the League during the day? He'd have to be only at plot events during the nighttime otherwise it'd be weird to see him during the day. That or he shouldn't look so tired.
>>
>>25024977
please address
>>25024851
>>
>>25024977
As someone who has been on chemo, Pokeman has way too much hair.
>>
File: muhhusbandoteamgalactic.png (66 KB, 180x363) Image search: [Google]
muhhusbandoteamgalactic.png
66 KB, 180x363
>>25024995
>Team Galactic admins
>>
>>25024977
>on chemo.
>Pokeman is dying of cancer
>wants to save his region before he passes on his title/life
such a brave hero
>>
>>25025009
On the right he looks like he's wearing a bandana to hide his baldness. The ones on the left you're right though.
>>
>>25025010
Charon/pluto wasn't an admin, and I already said northy fills that role.
>>
>>25025016
The bandana one looks terrible and only exists as some cheap joke to make his head look like a pokeball.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-01-17 16.18.02.png (38 KB, 685x136) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-01-17 16.18.02.png
38 KB, 685x136
>>25025015
>on chemo
I could get behind that honestly. It's something different.

>>25025020
It's not about the role he plays, it's about the look. It's about the fact that Eronze admin looks like a beefcake for the sole purpose of wanting a beefcake in the game. It's the equivalent of a diversity hire.

And even then, EVEN THEN, the design looks disjointed and thrown together of everything a Cobra Kai would wear if they grew up taking HGH and dyed their hair.
>>
>>25024977
>Wait, why is he tired again?
because every minute he's not in his champion lodge he's out there fighting crime.
>>
>>25024977
>If he's tired it would imply that he fights ET at night. But then how can he appear during the day if he's too busy facing challengers at the League during the day? He'd have to be only at plot events during the nighttime otherwise it'd be weird to see him during the day. That or he shouldn't look so tired.
Or maybe he's tired BECAUSE he has to do all that stuff and can't get enough sleep.
Also how many challengers are you expecting him to fight? Do you think that multiple people are beating all 8 gyms and getting past the E4 daily?
>>
>>25025034
>It's about the fact that Eronze admin looks like a beefcake for the sole purpose of wanting a beefcake in the game. It's the equivalent of a diversity hire.

That's sorta because that's true, but why is that a bad thing? What would you rather do instead?
>>
>>25024925
I agree with you that the maps are kinda bland, and I don't think we really had a fixed concept when we started mapping Route 9. Honestly, this route is pretty hard to work with since it's so huge and is connected to so many different locations.

I'm the guy who made the sketch, by the way. I personnally wanted to make sure that there was a road connecting Dronia and the cycling road, implying that it would be easily accessible for people from the city. My main idea was that the route is divided in two paths: a higher one that is simple but full of trainers, while the lower one is more complicated and has lots of tall grass.
>>
>>25025034
>It's about the fact that Eronze admin looks like a beefcake for the sole purpose of wanting a beefcake in the game.
I don't like the design either but you're just wrong in this.
It's a bara character because Eronze is like a gladiator themed mon.
Not because of quotas.
>>
I can't believe somebody attempted to make the "TUMBLR REEEE" and "You're only drawing shitty old men and waifus" argument at the same time. I think we can take a moment and just laugh.
>>
File: route9.jpg (100 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
route9.jpg
100 KB, 600x400
>>25025149
>tumblr ree

>>25025071
>>25025080
Fair enough.

>>25025086
It's a bad thing because it's lazy storytelling. Rather than try something that fits the story organically, it's filling a quota for the sake of being able to say, "we have a beefy, bara character".

If you really want a buff character, have him be the guy who found Eronze because he was doing the heavy lifting. Eronze imprints on him and he's there because Eronze responds only to him by right of strength. And then make the character not look like a generic muscular villain and give a bit more depth to the character so that they aren't just a trope.

>>25025135
>connecting Dronia and cycling road
So you were aiming for something transitional?

I don't think the dual road is the best way to go about it, honestly. Other routes do that and you'd want to avoid more of the same. I say have the north-south section on the left start deciduous and gradually shift into a more tropical locale. Make the route the beginning of a water sink. Think of ways to increase route diversity pokemon wise. Hell, what if this route was a drier part of the more southern marshland? This part could maybe even have a Big Cypress Swamp feel to it. Granted, depending on the distribution timeline of Surf, the middle part could easily be dry marshbed or puddle-y. Then you can really commit to marshland and make a deep-swamp/bayou feel for the swamp underneath the cycling road.

You could even have some areas accessible only after surf is acquired.
>>
File: jasper.jpg (74 KB, 489x489) Image search: [Google]
jasper.jpg
74 KB, 489x489
>>25025149
Compare pic related with >>25024476
>>
>>25025222
Similarities
>muscles
>???
Differences
>everything else
>>
Best song incoming
https://soundcloud.com/inquemand/shadinis-gym-overworld-minor-fixes
>>
>>25025317
Not sinister enough. If the whole thing could be a tad more like the end of it it'd be perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr9JVhr4R5Q
>>
>>25025364
nah, the end of it works so well because the beginning is so positive and different
>>
>>25025222
What is that? And what does it have to do with eronze Admin?
>>
Well this thread was full of sunshine abd rainbows wasn't it.

That female Admin sure caused a fuss. It's not even liked by all the people in skype. Please contain your rage induced presumptions about the character until we have actully written them an they are more than literally concept art. Oh
And there is a guy version so fuck the girl. We have enough girls.

Didn't get much done with route 9 since last week really did we.a few of the mappers went off and did a meetup. I on the other hand, just played games instead of doing and work.

This week we should be finishing, (yea right) route 9. Maybe it will escape map hell not shit. We have rod distros to do for all the routes up to route 7. we forgot about them for a while until somebody asked what we still need to playtest route 3.

And lastly we have a. Meeting to discuss dialogue for the trainers on route 3. It was kinda looked at once before, but we feel it should just have a quick look over to make sure its not shit.
>>
Why does Floressum get worse coverage than the other Starters, despite being a frail sweeper? Is it supposed to be a "weak but skilled" idea?
>>
>>25025623
I'm not a stats person but they'd probably just call you shit if you said that. It probably has some kind of extremely specific build that is good in one way in a competitive setting.
>>
>>25025222
raptor get the fuck out of here for fucks sake
>>
do you guys have a showdown lobby or something where you can battle with the sagemons?

I loved playing the game so far but I'm sad I'm not able to get far enough yet to use some bromons
>>
>>25026945
viipiidotcrabdancedotcom

I'll get on and fight your bros right now
>>
>>25027044
on mobile atm but ill check it out later, thanks a bunch
>>
new fanart
>>
>>25027805
more
>>
Wasn't there a drawfag taking Sage requests recently?
>>
Are like 40% of the pokedex entries still about how territorial all the fakemons are? Because that gets repetitive.
>>
>>25024471
What does the three different percentages for encounter rate mean?
>>
>>25024481
>Ponchos on every single goddamn character: The Game

There are other types of clothing in South America, you know.
>>
>>25024467
And Terra is still uninvolved with this 100% correct?
>>
>>25027931
Morning, day, and night, anon.
>>
>>25027991
I've been away for a while. Is the time of day based on real time?
>>
>>25027947
You don't actually know what a poncho is, do you buddy?
>>
>>25027971
Yes
>>
>>25028283
Capes are just as bad, buddy. And both the rival and both the player characters had Ponchos, last time I checked. And a whole bunch of NPCs.
>>
>>25025623
>Quiver Dance
>Hurricane/Giga Drain
>Tempest to clear weather
It's a good mon. Stop looking at it from a competitive angle.
>>
The character designs have really gone down hill.
>>
just so you guys know, "concept" doesn't mean "final" or even "pending confirmation". It just means concept
>>
>>25028354
Name them.
>>
>>25024819
Fuck me you're a faggot
>>
>>25028354
stop talking about ponchos. You just yourself said that these are capes, not ponchos.
>>
I'm just going to comment on a bunch of things I found while reading the wiki about mechanical stuff, since anything related to the plot is way too ambiguous (although if I'd have to say anything, it's that including 7 legendary Pokémon in the plot is a bit excessive for my taste, I like it better when they are things you discover, like the Legendary Birds or Regis.) Pretty much first impressions, take it or leave it.

>Custom Pokémon
>Platypow
Doesn't learn a single move to use with Full Force on level up, evolution has to retrain the only one it does learn naturally. Would be nice if the Owl had something else than Magnitude as well, desu.

>Baboom
Belly Drum + Adrenaline looks really frightening.

>Nurshary
>Oarwish
They're both bulky support water mons with Healer and Regenerator, primary difference is Oarwish being more specially defensive and has a psychic typing. Make them more different, e.g. by:
• Make Nurshary a defensive support and Oarwish an offensive support
• Give them different abilities (Rough Skin for Nurshary, or give one Natural Cure > Regenerator and the other Friend Guard > Healer)

>Solacari
I hope you're giving Drought to something else as well, all the other weather setters seem significantly better. I think the nature spirits should have Drought/Sand Stream/Drizzle respectively, but idk.

>Custom Moves
>Acid Rain
Literally another Sandstorm/Hail. At least try to make it more interesting in some way.
• Inflicts stat drops.
• Deals more damage to Pokémon inflicted by status.
• Reduces healing.
and 100% Accuracy Gunk Shot.

>Caustic Breath
Sounds like a Poison move, not a dragon one.

>Standoff
Literally the worst move I have seen. It basically ensures that whatever your opponent switches into kills you. Why would I ever want this? Is Mean Look too good or something, or do you really need to go through Protect and Magic Guard?

>Tempest
This one is nice, I like it.
>>
>>25029883
cont

There's also a fair amount of unoriginal moves, like two new Mach Punches, although I don't mind those as much. However, I don't like Meltdown and Atom Split, both being signature moves, amounting to special explosion. I'd have Meltdown summon Acid Rain if Chillnobyl's only ability wasn't Snow Warning.

>Custom Abilities
Eccentric, Feedback and Psych Out are basically physical abilities adapted to special (Feedback is contact, but close enough), and Sunbathe and Ice Slick are weather abilities for other weathers. I don't like thm, because they serve to reduce the differences between stats and weather, instead of making them more distinct. I think Permafrost is a much better ability, since it helps set apart Hail teams more instead of making it another "Set up hail and sweep with 2×Speed."

>Mooch
This is really weird, but I love it.

>Discretion
Really bad, and I especially don't get why you gave it to Platikhao, which can instead choose to throw around 200BP Reversals.
• +1 Priority on next move after a missed (or ineffective) attack
There, now it's worth using.

I really like the Pokédex, but I think that the custom moves and abilities are overall a bit underwhelming in its current state.
>>
>>25029896
To comment on just one, Full Force is being reworked. Platikhao is pretty broken.
The lack of extra sun setters is largely due to the fact that hidden abilities are still up in the air. Solacari's actually a pretty decent sun+overheat user and gets defog and tailwind for support.
A lot of the weather abilities are there because this is Gen5's weather wars.
>>
>>25024977
nigga in FRLG, Lance was the champ and he was out doing shit all the time. Steven was in RSE/ORAS, etc.

You can't be serious with that
>plothole
bullshit
>>
>>25030143
Lance didnt have a secret identity
>>
>>25030253
That really doesn't change anything tho. the complaint was that he couldn't be out during the day at all ever when other champs do. if he's in costume or not he can still leave
>>
>>25029883
>>25029896
It's almost as though not everything was designed to be specifically useful or viable, just like what happens in the official mainline games.
>>
>>25030293
Well he's tired because he gets no sleep, which implies that he's moonlighting as a superhero, which implies that he is definitely doing superhero work at night at the very least. He can do superhero work during the day as well, but if he has responsibilities during the day how can he adequately respond to every single threat from the ET? And if he leaves often enough, someone is going to put 2 and 2 together considering how the champ is a massive public figure that draws constant scrutiny.
>>
>>25030651
man, you would destroy batman
>>
>>25030651
you don't even have an argument bro. Lance and Steven left their responsibility to go around and do their stuff against the ET at any given time. and there's probably rumor all over the place about who this pokeman guy is, from the champ, to some of the gym leaders, or some random shmuck. there's literally no water to your argument, just drop it
>>
>>25030707
Batman has a board of directors. I actually considered that comparison, because the Champ is all alone in his work.

>>25030709
If the champ is drawing scrutiny for being Pokeman through rumors, then wouldn't that cause the ET to investigate the champ as Pokeman?

Wait, is the player's family going to experience reprisal for the player fighting against the ET? Shouldn't the player fear reprisal as well if the champ of the region fears reprisal? The ET should know where the player comes from because of Mangrove and Norty's ties.
>>
>>25024467
I dare you guys to say 3 nice things about Clover
>>
>>25028259
Yes.

>>25028354
Only the protags have ponchos (other than warm weather youngsters). Ricardo has a cape and pokeman and arthur may have capes. That's it pretty much.
>>
>3tops: the game
I see you guys are doing much better and working much faster without the "shitposting".
>>
>>25029883
>Doesn't learn a single move to use with Full Force on level up, evolution has to retrain the only one it does learn naturally. Would be nice if the Owl had something else than Magnitude as well, desu.
It's not enough that they get 200 BP and 150 BP stab moves with zero drawbacks?

>primary difference is Oarwish being more specially defensive and has a psychic typing. Make them more different, e.g. by:
You just fucking admitted that they were different

>Sounds like a Poison move, not a dragon one.
this is true, i don't know who named this move since Dragon Breath is already a thing.

>Literally the worst move I have seen. It basically ensures that whatever your opponent switches into kills you. Why would I ever want this? Is Mean Look too good or something, or do you really need to go through Protect and Magic Guard?
Somberado is an experiment to see how worthless they could make a character's signature mon. This was done out of spite since Somberado is a well regarded fanfavorite. This also explains its shit custom ability

>>25029896
Abilities and moves
That's because all the other custom moves and abilities submitted were shit
>>
>>25030001
To be honest, my problem is probably not that Solacari is bad, since Drought is really strong. It's more that Hurricanine looks way better because of its typing and movepool.

>>25030512
Or interesting.
>>
>>25031604
Custom abilities and moves were submitted because hipsters thought it'd be cool to have a plethora of new moves and abilities. So it was surveyed and people said SURE! Except people didn't realize that their suggestions would have to be programmable or balanced. So you get people suggesting things like Standoff and Full Force and Forge Press and then people having to stand by it because of surveys.

From what I've heard, most of the people who actually handle balance and programming despise a great deal of the custom stuff with the idea-men being the ones to force them to keep it.

You should have seen the sperg-out over Forge Press being confirmed, it was something to see.
>>
>>25031051
they finished (?)
they are still active (??)
uhh uhh jackie chan FUCK SHIT GOD DAMMIT
>>
>>25031702
stealthbigroposting

CULL THE CUSTOMS
>>
>>25029883
>Nurshary/Oarwish
Playtesting them shows them to play very differently.
>Belly Drum + Adrenaline looks really frightening.
I dunno, any priority move will shut that down.

>Sounds like a Poison move, not a dragon one.
Some dragon stories have their saliva as acid.
Also acid is not poisonous/venomous by nature.

>Discretion
yes, remove discretion it is awful
>>
>>25031702
just cull the unprogrammable shit and just keep going down the list for the move(s) with the next highest poll results that are programmable

wow so hard

then just replace shit like Standoff with the infinitely better Mean Look in level up moves

>>25031604
>Rain is better than Sun
what a shocker
>>
>>25031702
What's wrong with Forge Press?
>>
>>25033788
everything. everything is wrong with forge press
>>
>>25033796
A Steel type move that can cause Burn? It's strange, but what's wrong with it?
>>
>>25033981
people are still booty blasted over scald
>>
hey dunky are you still here
>>
>>25034277
wat
>>
File: mynameisjeff.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mynameisjeff.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>25034353
>>
>>25034393
you motherfucker
>>
>>25034393
? I don't get it
>>
>>25034429
my name es heffe
>>
>>25031702
Custom moves were a thing because new moves are kinda par for the course for a new generation.

Unfortunately, /vp/ has shit taste and shit ideas so a lot of garbage got through.
>>
>>25025222
how are those anything alike?
>>
>>25024890
>mercenary leader
Holy fuck this sounds cool.
>>
Can I whip up some design suggestions for the admins?
If so, can I do so for all of them or should I limit myself to Eronze Admin?
Also, is the concept still open or are you already in the narrow-down phase?
>>
>>25035911
sure, do whatever you want. We haven't started narrowing anything yet
>>
>>25030512
I thought the point of Sage was to do things better than Game Freak.
>>
>>25024487
what if pokeman was actually grill dad
>>
>>25024487
Fucking hippies
>>
File: Jasper Face.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jasper Face.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>25025222
Also
>>
File: pokeman.png (351 KB, 474x438) Image search: [Google]
pokeman.png
351 KB, 474x438
>>25024487
since pokeman is now champ is it too late to give his design a more champion-like tweak?
>>
>>25036317
You mean for costumed Pokeman? There's already a base design but it's still going through minor changes. So nothing radical, no.
>>
When Pokéman fights as Pokéman, he should use superhero names for his pokémon.
>>
>>25036628
...no?
>>
>>25036239
>every mon has to be OU

It's just not realistic kid, sorry
>>
>>25036239
As far as I remember, it was also said that not everything that was created for the game needed to be useful or competitively viable. As >>25036746 said, it's just not realistic for a game with this many mons. It's honestly one thing GF does right in the mainline games. Making everything OU or having every new Ability or move be useful just isn't interesting.
>>
>>25036760
It's more that we didnt want to balance the game around competitive play but wanted to avoid total shitmons like Delibird.
Everything should have its use in-game, even if it's not that great in the sim.
>>
>>25031117
>other than warm weather youngsters
also the cold weather backpacker
>>
>>25036317
the entire point of Pokeman existing is that the Champ is hiding his identity.
making it obvious that Pokeman is the champ would totally defeat the purpose of him existing
>>
>>25036746
Not everything has to be OU but there is no reason why you should be forced to use certain mons to beat the game. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to use Capabara for the E4 or run an all Larvabidae-evo team.
>>
File: bizarreadmin1.png (1 MB, 1439x2638) Image search: [Google]
bizarreadmin1.png
1 MB, 1439x2638
>>
>>25037166
Well no that's not the entire point of pokeman existing, is it? Pokeman was a concept long before we were even discussing champ ideas

The point of Pokeman is that he's a superhero. That's like saying the point of Batman existing is to hide the fact that he's secretly a billionaire
>>
>>25037427
Pokeman as a fan-favorite NPC had no story at all and was just a fan idea for a comic relief superhero

unfortunately, that changed when "Pokeman Unmasked" was confirmed as the E4 champion, and that concept specified that:
>He was investigating ET and originally donned the Pokeman persona because he feared reprisal and didn’t have enough evidence to prove their guilt.

as such, Pokeman exists solely for the purpose of hiding the champion's true identity

it's more like how Spiderman (the costumed hero) exists because Peter Parker didn't want his friends and family getting beat up by all the thugs he was bringing to justice
>>
>>25037290
>you defeated my team, but can you defeat [THE BEAUTIFUL SOUTH]?
>>
>>25037559
What was the other option?
Are the devs still stalwart in their defense of electing Pokeman?
>>
>new stats
Great fucking work boys.

How's the new sets on Thoraxe, Basilect, and Forthorn?
>>
File: RIP.png (65 KB, 662x907) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
65 KB, 662x907
>>25037607
there were a few other options, but pokeman unmasked was the most liked (due, in no small part, to plotchat pushing it heavily)

this pastebin contains all the concepts that were submitted, including the winning Pokeman Unmasked concept:
http://pastebin.com/m7xV6GPe

i wanted Luchador, which is essentially the existing comic relief Pokeman character, but presented as a luchador instead of a sentai (what with our Latin themed region and all)

>Are the devs still stalwart in their defense of electing Pokeman?
well Pokeman did win after going through the same selection process as other characters (like gym leaders), so there's not much that can be done about it other than doing our best to make it not suck. most of the devs like the concept (i think i'm the only one who really hates it)

i'm the 1 'like'
>>
>>25037696
the skype group are all massive weebs so sentai pokeman was a guaranteed win

except for majora of course who would probably just vote for the most obscure historical south american name you can find on wikipedia
>>
>>25037696
>plotchat pushing it heavily
I thought plotchat wasn't picking the champion?

Some of those are good, why wasn't the Urobos native or the Conductor picked? Or was the process rigged, like you alluded to, from the get-go?
>>
>>25037720
conductor was the most popular in the threads if I remember rightly, I'm not the guy you're talking to, rather an old lurker of the threads who used to lurk the skype group
>>
>>25037720
it wasn't explicitly rigged, but plotchat basically said "we're submitting pokeman unmasked as a champ concept. we're going to shoehorn pokeman into the plot and make him present at plot events one way or another, and we've already brainstormed a bunch about what we'll do if (when) pokeman wins, but feel free to discuss other champs too!"
>>
>>25037733
couldnt they have just had pokeman and the champ?
>>
>>25037745
yup, and that would've allowed for a lot more comic relief from pokeman without making him have a ridiculous champ backstory, but they were much too caught up in the meme at that point. it was all but confirmed before the survey even started desu
>>
>>25037776
And the devs know this but dont care?

Are the plot people being held responsible for this rigging?

Like, is the plot going to be ok?
>>
>inb4 Dunky samefagging hate on Pokeman
>>
>>25037795
like i said, most of the devs are actually fine with the prospect of pokeman unmasked as champ and pokeman having a serious backstory

as for "responsibility," like i said, there wasn't any actual rigging. people push their favorite concepts all the time, plotchat just has a more influential push than the average individual

the plot... we'll see. we're working hard to resolve some of the kinks in the pokeman character and backstory so that the plot is still good and makes sense. as recently as a couple hours ago, we were discussing this guy's post and trying to come up with good ways to address the issue of pokeman fearing retribution from the ET
>>25030820
>>
>>25037843
>trying to come up with good ways to address the issue of pokeman fearing retribution from the ET
There is no good way.
If Pokeman was a gym leader or another NPC, then yes. It could work. Hell, Pokeman being the player's older sibling works really well because it's to protect the player.

Pokeman fearing retribution works BETTER if Pokeman isn't the Champ because it makes more sense storywise.

On top of all of this, people are going to call out the Champ for doing nothing and letting Pokeman steal the spotlight on top of all of this.

You want to make your champ work from a story POV?

Stop looking at him as the writer and start writing from the POV of the locals who don't know that the Champ is Pokeman.
>>
>>25037259
I mean you can. Larva evos are actually pretty good.

>>25037607
pokeman confirmed. locked and loaded. no turning back

>>25037676
forthorn is really good as a status and smogon buge is unstoppable unless you carry a counter

I don't think we've ever tested Thoraxe.

>>25037776
hi dunky
>>
>>25037887
>There is no good way.
preface: THIS IS JUST BRAINSTORMING, NONE OF THIS IS CONFIRMED

we were thinking maybe it *would* be a problem that the player isn't in costume, and that the ET might actually kidnap the player's family as a result of their meddling. then the player could go to the ET HQ to save their family (since we don't yet have a reason to go to the ET HQ).

meanwhile, the ETL would be going to the gold city already and the kidnapping would just be a way to stall the player and pokeman

>>25037927
>hi dunky
are you stupid? was it not already clear who i was after i said i was the 1 person who voted for grill dad?
>>
>>25037936
hi cardunky
>>
>>25037927
I've tested teams with the larva evos and thoraxe before the stats changes. Thoraxe had potential already but the stats changes should help. Good about Forthorn too.

t. someone who tested him

>>25037936
Kidnapping the whole family is a bit edgy. At most, have the ET kidnap the badge-checker Dad.
>>
>>25038003
Do you have any interest in helping test stuff? Game still needs tweaks here and there and we're adjusting stats all the time.

Also yeah, don't listen to Carson about the kidnapping thing. That was just a conversation he and a few others had.
>>
>>25038024
>do you have any interest testing stuff
Youre sweet but Im out of the game helping sage on skype and the other sites
>>
>>25038085
How is a kidnapping edgy? That's classic cartoony villain shit.
>>
>>25024481
Wait, I though the grunts were already designed? I distinctly remember seeing designs for them a few months ago, which honestly were MUCH better than these.
>>
>>25037843
What do you have for pokeman so far lorewise? I've got an idea I can throw at the wall that fits into the concept but if you already have it then I won't need to
>>
>>25038601
those were 3tops' designs, these are another artist's. neither was ever confirmed, they were just posted as concepts
>>
>>25024481
That logo decided?
>>
PLEASE tell me the cartographer still exists somewhere, somehow.
Best champ
>>
>>25038635
nothing about the grunts is decided. they're just concept designs at this stage

the name Team Aurum, however, is decided, so an emblem bearing a letter will use the letter A
>>
>>25024817
>https://soundcloud.com/nimble76/battle-champ-v2-genvp
DAMN SON. It was really rough at first and needed a lot of edits, but it's really grown into something fucking great. Everything 1:31 onwards is fucking amazing. Only gripe I have right now is that it feels kinda stupid to revert back to the radio filter at the end. It would be best to have that for the intro only, if possible. If it's actually not possible, I'd honestly get rid of it. It's a cool extra if used for the intro, but if used in every loop it loses its coolness factor and might become a bit grating.
Also, the choirs used in this track and others always sound slightly off-tune to me, but maybe that's just me?

Glittering Cave music sounds great, though the drums in the beginning (from the start until 0:21) sound a bit harsh/loud. Maybe lower their volume a tad? Also, the choir thing again.
>>
>>25038003
I disagree with Thoraxe.It's abyssmal defense means that it can't set up and it's best Priority move is Aqua Jet, which is less than half the strength of Scizor (a close analogue)'s Bullet Punch. It also doesn't have Heracross' Guts or second type. It seems more like a frailer Pinsir.

Would be better to drop it's speed and boost it's def. The drop in speed will mean it isn't bothered as much by paralysis, which is good since Heatproof mitigates some of the issues of Burn (unless you buffed Heatproof)
>>
>>25038718
A made a new.

https://soundcloud.com/nimble76/battle-champ-v3-deluxe-edt-ft-elesa-colress-gen-vp

>Only gripe I have right now is that it feels kinda stupid to revert back to the radio filter at the end.

Mage and Pawt have confirmed that splitting intro and loop are possible, they're just more difficult to do in-battle. Personally the idea of the radio filter as an intro would be good. I'll do stuff if not today, tomorrow and then see how it works out.
>>
>>25038727
you sound like you haven't actually tested it yourself
>>
>>25038727
>comparing thoraxe and scizor
>>
>>25024537
>https://soundcloud.com/iwilldevouryourkittens/pokemon-sage-final-approach
Please use this music for the golden city as you fight off Team Aurum while making your way to Northington/Quetzar. It's perfect.

>>25038762
>GIMME WHAT I NEEEEEEED
I laughed my ass off. I hope you don't actually use it though. It fits perfectly on a fashion catwalk, but in an intense champion theme it sounds out of place and goofy as fuck. The counting MAYBE works, but honestly it was better without the voice samples. I think I heard an extra beat added to the end (before it loops again) which is a little touch that adds a lot I think. Great idea.

Also good to hear it's possible to keep the radio filter for only the intro and split it apart from the loop. I seriously hope you'll consider it, I think the little bit of extra work will be more than worth it in the end.
>>
>>25025317
A bit too cheerful for a Dark gym, even when it's a circus. The creepy waltz version in the second half is amazing though, make that the theme and get rid of the goofy first half.
>>
>>25038882
Like that anon >>25025397 said, the goofy part is what makes the creepy waltz so good. It'll definitely catch the player by surprise, making the song more memorable. I also think the whole song reprensents the mischievous nature of dark types pretty well, which is definitely the focus of this gym.
>>
>>25038544
>kidnapping
>classic cartoony villain shit
If they were kidnapped and put in a room with explosives and the villain was the Joker, then sure.

But it's Pokemon. If you're going to kidnap someone's family, it better be for a damn good reason.

And kidnapping the protag's family and then taking them somewhere where the protag can free them is stupid. It makes the whole point of Pokeman hiding his identity even dumber because that's all that the ET can do. Kidnap family? That's it? Oh no, they captured the protags family and took them to the ET HQ! We must go save them!

They took your parents and then told you where to go. It's not intimidating. Unless there is an underlying threat of violence from the ET, the threats are hollow. And they will be hollow considering that most of plot council hasn't played the games with the more darker tones. So you don't know how GF has executed it.

Think about the implications of this here.

If Pokeman is so afraid of a response by the ET, it better be something to scare even the region champ.

You hide your identity because the ETL is Pablo Escobar and will burn your family alive for being related to you. You hide your identity because the ETL sends hit squads after you and your kin. You hide your identity because the ET will ruin you in more ways than you can count.

"Oh no our family's been kidnapped by the comical and cartoon villains that we're supposed to fear but who never explicitly put the us in any kind of explicit danger!"

Go big and go home, or don't go out at all.
>>
File: sage.png (240 KB, 739x458) Image search: [Google]
sage.png
240 KB, 739x458
>>25024467
Just wanted to drop by and say what a fucking awesome Dex. Even whilst really liking 2/3 starters (Floressum and Flairees), they've been forced out of my current potential team due to the sheer amount of great options.

Something I'm curious about if there are any designers lurking here; was there a conscious effort to push designs for certain types? It might just be my taste, but I feel like there's a lot of brilliant, varied designs for Grass and Psychic mons in particular
>>
>>25039273
to some extent yeah, we were aware that some niches need to be filled, though there was no kind of stratification or limitation to make sure

it was just more about what people tended to agree on, like that there should be a poison legendary, a bug dragon pseudo etc
>>
>>25039273
I just realised that you probably aren't aware that these were all decided by vote. We voted for our favourites and eventually voted to set a maximum amount of designs

also just to point out that the flarrapin line was originally a starter design so it would probably fill that niche for you
>>
>>25039273
>whilst
I can't take any post with the word "whilst" seriously at all. Makes you sound like a 12 year old trying on his big bro's fedora.
>>
>>25039326
Whilst you may be uneducated and callous, whilst is something used in upper academia. Maybe if you weren't in business or were in a field that required you to type a lot of papers you might have an expanded vocabulary.
>>
>>25039295
>>25039312
Interesting to hear! Coming to some general consensus rather than binding quotas was probably the best creatively. I'd like to say voting your favourites in would be the best way to get everything moved along with diplomacy but I guess that's easier said than done.

IIRC Bluffin's available early so he can be my surrogate starter; I'll still play around with the Floressum/Flairees line as the game goes on. Any idea when Loneleaf and the other base evos in that team will be available?

>>25039326
Sorry bro, next time I'll ask before borrowing it.
>>
>>25039418
Loneleaf line will be midgame at the earliest
>>
Release date WHEN

I found out about this yesterday and the wait is killing me
>>
>>25039961
2.0, which is up to Andante, is next through the pipe. Route 9 is currently being mapped if that's any indication as to how soon that's coming out.
>>
File: Oranguato.png (66 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Oranguato.png
66 KB, 250x250
How come this guy isn't psychic?
>>
>>25040185
Because he's above that shit.
>>
>>25035911
Yes, you can contribute whatever you want however you want. I have no fucking clue why nobody why nobody's posted the admins concepts yet but I'll post those in a little bit. If you do want to be a little more intimate with the rest of us you can get on skype.
>>
>>25040185
normal is the embodiment of perfect balance and zen
>>
File: 1452589956378.png (258 KB, 907x669) Image search: [Google]
1452589956378.png
258 KB, 907x669
>>25039018
>>25024476
>>25024726
>>25025222
>>25024744
>>25024819
>>25024797
>>25024813
>>25024890
>>25024903
>>25024949
I think the original sketch's design and proportions look nicer.

>>25025397
I guess, but I the I think the creepy part has to start earlier with the fiirst half going by faster, as otherwise the player probably won't be idle long enough to hear get that far.
>>
>>25040657
>I think the original sketch's design and proportions look nicer.
This, not as beefy and more "flamey" hair.
>>
>>25040657
Why are they bara

Literally that is the only take-away from their design.

For the love of god tell me that this admin has an actual character aside from token beefy hunk with no intelligence.
>>
File: SHigg.webm (846 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
SHigg.webm
846 KB, 320x240
>>25040740
>they
>>
>>25040799
>route three
How's that Dronia NPC dialogue coming along?

I'm going to tell you right now:
Just take whatever Chao has submitted and roll with it. Add your own shit. Do not make this a big deal. It will go by smoother and a lot nicer. Just make sure that you all have a bunch of dialogue submitted.

You'll probably ignore this but if you're smart, you'll just go with this. It'll make life easier.

Especially if you only have dialogue for up to route 3
>>
>>25040740
>For the love of god tell me that this admin has an actual character aside from token beefy hunk with no intelligence.

Why would they, do any of the et admins in the actual games have any depth beyond the styling of their dialog of calling you "some kid" and bitching when they lose?
>>
>>25040812
>stealthChaoposting

Chao has recently preferred the dialogue submitted by others over his. We work on it during scheduled meetings. It's coming along just fine.

I actually proposed we just let Chao handle dialogue a couple days ago and he declined. So.
>>
>>25040831
Gen 4 admins
The Sages of Gen 5
Pluto

>>25040847
>scheduled meetings
At least shit is getting done.
>>
>>25040851
yeah senpai. We're moving along just fine. Don't put any stock into deadlines you see posted anywhere, there isn't an official deadline for 2.0. Just know we're mapping route 9 and locking in the details for the ones before
>>
>>25040851
I don't remember Mars, Saturn, or Juptier having any depth outside of platnium's post game plot, and for our post game we will have something similar.

Northington fill's charon's role and will probably be the most characterized character in the entire game.

I never played gen 5 out of spite so can't comment there.

>hahahah sage's team has't played gen 5
I'm the only person who hasn't.
>>
>>25040929
>sage's team hasn't played gen 5
>I'm the only person who hasn't

Are you serious.

I know that's you Empty and I know for a fact that Mungo hasn't either. Pretty sure that one or two more people at least haven't played gen 5.
>>
>>25040954
god dammit dunky I thought you were an actual anon

do you actively shitpost EVERY sage thread?
>>
>>25040961
>shitpost
So because it's a specific person that suddenly defeats anything that they say? Or because they don't suck your dick about things that's shitposting?
>>
devs all got ragnarow pool toys and had a bitchin' pool party and were never seen again
rip sage devs
>>
>>25041041
>ragnarow
But there were seals
>>
>>25040851
>scheduled meetings
I honestly don't know what the fuck to do with dialogue. If you give people enough notice, others submit things that Chao usually thinks are as good or better than his. Trying to run it in a normal meeting was hell.
sage sundays for confirming dialogue maybe
>>
>>25041273
shut your damn mouth
>>
>>25041276
fuck you smokey
>>
>>25038601
>>25038621
Are you talking about one that looked like a alternative costume for protag? With bushy hair and goggles?
>>
What's Pokeman's strongest Pokemon going to be? (eg Dragonite for Lance, Volcarona for Alder, etc)
>>
>>25042165
Completely undecided, but the most commonly suggested mons fo rhis team are heroic and kaiju-esque mons:

Eluchadon
Nobunata
Buckston
Warquila
Flarrapin
Comossus
Artifish

Are the most common mons that come up in conversations.
>>
>>25031517
>It's not enough that it gets priority Encore?
>It's not enough that it gets 60% Flinch Iron Head?
>It's not enough that it gets 120BP Aura Sphere?
You don't think it's boring to have an exciting ability and find out you only get one move to use it on? Not to mention that a normal player could level their Platypow to level 100 and never get an ability to use their Full Force on. I get the reason why, in that it's hard to find fitting abilities, and a nightmare to balance, which is probably either a cue to scrap it, or make some custom moves to solve the problem. I got the impression it's getting scrapped though, so it's kind of whatever to argue about I guess.

Oarhwish and Nurshary are about as different as I'd expect a split evo or rival Pokémon to be. Of course they're not identical.

>>25031702
I don't really see Forge Press as egregious as Scald, since you can switch a Fire type on it fairly safely.

>>25032789
I could see Oarwish having more options, but is Nurshary really able to do anything that Oarwish isn't? Other than switching in on U-turn, I guess. idk, maybe it's not such a big deal.

The monkey has Sucker Punch, so I don't think it dies that easily to priority.

Dragons have a lot of weird breaths through history, and Acid is a poison move. I'm just saying that if someone used Caustic Breath on me, I'd think it was poison before anything else. Don't ask me how to name these things though, since GF just adds a dragon prefix or suffix most of the time. When they don't, you get Dual Chop, which by no means sound like a Dragon move.
>>
>>25041057
In the pool?
>>
File: grunty grunts.png (2 MB, 3184x3657) Image search: [Google]
grunty grunts.png
2 MB, 3184x3657
>>25041906
yeah, this guy (there are like a dozen variations, this was just the one i had available)
>>
>>25043093
>Not Bara
What's going on here
>>
>>25042556
If you wanna call the ocean a pool
>>
>>25043134
well we had a quota for bara characters and we created transexual steven universe eronze admin to fill that arbitrary quota, didn't you read what dunky said?
>>
>>25043093
I want to hug those grunts. They seem like they need a hug.

A non-sexual one.
>>
>>25043137
How can you have a pool party in the ocean?
>>
>>25040243
Sorry, got busy. Grabbing for you now.

>>25040954
I've played gen 5 you dolt. Also, why would I engage in bitchy arguments in thread?
>>
>>25043776
>>25035911

>Admin 1:
The Brawler lives for battle. They enjoy nothing more than fighting, going out of their way to get into scraps. What they lack in brains, they make up for in brawn.
They don't have a long-term goal per se, but mostly just joined the ET in order to fight and dominate others. The Brawler regards most others as weak and will treat them with disrespect. However, they have a strange form of respect for trainers that can beat them and relishes the chance to meet them again for a rematch.
Loud, gruff and threatening, the Brawler is a juggernaut of a threat and a true force to be reckoned with.

>Admin 2:
Bombastic Businessman (A)
A very “full on” personality (Armstrong from Revengence, Pentecost from Pacific Rim). Despite earning a lot of money, they still like to work and get their hands dirty. They despise "weak" people, living by the attitude of “If you want it, take it. If you aren’t strong enough to take it, tough”. He is a brute, who mixes in business buzzwords into his speech.

>Admin 3:
The Detached is… odd. They rarely speak, and are wholly dedicated to their scientific experiments. Almost everyone (with the exception of the ETL) finds the presence of the Detached very uncomfortable. The Detached, however, do not seem to notice the strange effect they have on people, concentrating on their research with an inhuman air of coldness to them. They seem to be intrigued by many things, inspecting them with an eerily childlike fascination.

are the concepts of the admins. Brawler may take some aspects of or end up being a mishmash of Brawler and this other concept:

>Loyal Brutish Knight
Loyal to to the ETL to the point of blindness, Admin 1 would do anything they ask, seeing them as a great charismatic leader. Their loyalty is only surpassed by their hunger for battle and challenge. All those opposed to the ETL are enemies for them to fight, and possibly a chance of meeting a trainer who can truly thrill them in battle.
>>
>>25043802
Remember the team's name is Aurum. Their logo is probably going to be an arrow/capital V/capital A thing as seen in most concepts for the team. They have a bit of a grave robber/adventurer/treasure hunter vibe to them too.
>>
>>25043802
Admin 1 is literally the concept for Aguanaut
>>
>>25044823
Hah
it's true
>>
>>25045217
Please tell me that you're going to change it

Please

Please tell me that there will be more depth other than the token airhead
>>
>>25045229
are we arguing over whether bouwee's buoy is 2 or 4 inches long
>>
>>25045242
No, about Admin 1 being a meme that came to life and being nothing more than a boring trope, and worse, a blatant copy of the concept for Aguanaut.
>>
>>25043802
>>It's not enough that it gets 60% Flinch Iron Head?
these are terrible
>>
>>25045229
I wish it was up to me... discussion has been happening about admins though, I am on the side of them changing.
>>
>>25044823
I don't understand why "fighting type with mineral armor" didn't have a knight motif

aguanaut is further removed from actual fighting than Medicham, Meloetta and Machamp

it's poliwrath tier
>>
>>25044823
>>25043802
Admin 2 is just Matt and Admin 3 is Courtney

what's your point
>>
>>25045294
Who is against them changing?
>>
>>25043802
>>25045283
Eronze is a gladiator right?
So why not instead of brawler have the admin as a flashy fighter who uses any tactics to win as long as it's interesting. Boring fights are not worth fighting etc.

Erion business man is okay but if it's from the industrial age at least make him a penny pinching jackass like from that christmas story except without the happy ending.

Erace as >muh loner scientist
is just pure fucking cancer please don't.
Anything else but that, something like someone using your fights as research material for training their pokemon and like to fight people just to see how they react/what happens in the heat of battle.
I don't know, but anything but these three holy shit.
>>
>>25045309
guess
>>
>>25045314
...majora?
Doesn't seem like a field he would care about.
>>
>>25045313
we actually had a discussion about erace admin and I think you're getting the wrong idea behind the concept. What you described is more accurate than what you think that description is implying.
>>
>>25045324
>weird kooky creepy scientist who REALLY likes >science
I don't know what else you could possibly be conveying here.
>>
>>25045328
And I don't know where you got any of those words besides "scientist" from
>>
>>25045306
Admin 1 is Matt you egregious buffon.
Admin 3 is being pushed more towards a Colress feel because the devs really want a male, female, and then androgynous character. Admin 3 is going to look like Tron.

>>25045309
Mungo and Chao.

>>25045322
Majora will stick his dick into anything that moves so long as it is part of the project.

Is Admin 2 going to be ORN?
>>
>>25045334
>The Detached is… odd.
>wholly dedicated to their scientific experiments
>presence of the Detached very uncomfortable
>eerily childlike fascination.
Are you fucking with me or something?
>>
>>25045336
there's a big push for ORN from Bigro, and i don't think it's losing steam.
>>
>>25045336
admin 1 is chloe grace moretz you diarrhea devourer
>>
>>25045361
Who?
>>
Here is this from awhile back, some of my fav designs. I liked the older Eronze Admin sketches more then him being younger.
I guess right now there is people pushing female Eronze and Male Erion Admin though.
And I don't really want Erace Admin to be androgynous, I mean at least in the pictures it's a male build.

There is some new art and stuff that I like, but these are the main designs I have wanted for ET.
>>
File: fuck the whole thing.jpg (2 MB, 4215x2950) Image search: [Google]
fuck the whole thing.jpg
2 MB, 4215x2950
>>25045353
>mfw
>>
gym leader of veilstone city
>>
>>25045375
they don't even look like they're from the same organization and one of them is just a fucking gijinka
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.