[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the first movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11
File: badass.png (540 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
badass.png
540 KB, 720x540
who remembers being in the movie theater and getting chills down their spine seeing this?
>>
>>25019758
>tfw all sold out
>tfw had to see toy story 2 instead

;_:
>>
Yup I even got emotional when ash was turned to stone,and all the Pokemon started crying. #NotAshamed #Lmfao
>>
>>25019803
everyone was crying when ash turned to stone.
>>
>>25019758
I was more impressed by Ash's determination jumping into the machine to save Pikachu.

>tfw rich
>tfw parents book a room in the theatre for you and your sibling's joint birthday party

It's a shame that didn't give me a get-out-of-bullying pass for the rest of my life, don't know what happened there.

/blogging
>>
I remember this bothering me when I first saw this when I was 9 or so. I realize the clones were stronger than the originals. But did that really matter? In the games, you can easily defeat other Pokemon by exploiting the type matchups. Why the fuck was Pikachu fighting Pikachu and Nidoqueen slapping Nidoqueen? Have Gyarados use a water move on Nidoqueen. Have Pikachu use an electric attack on Gyarados. Have Venusaur attack Blastoise. As a kid I did not understand this because they push learning types properly in the games so much and stress levels/strength aren't everything.
>>
>>25019827
In hindsight the anime can get a little silly. One must never forget Ash using Pikachu on a Rhydon.
>>
>>25019832
Yeah you're right. They did often bend the rules for entertainment sake.
>>
File: feels on wheels.jpg (99 KB, 646x624) Image search: [Google]
feels on wheels.jpg
99 KB, 646x624
>>25019811
>tfw you cried when ash turned to stone when you watched it a year or two ago

I think pikachu and the other pokemon crying is what did it for me
Either way I did not see that coming
>>
>>25019758
Hypest moment of 6th grade. Still have my Ancient Mew card.
>>
>>25019827
I think Mewtwo wanted to show off the raw strength of the clones, and ash just went along with it to prove him wrong
>>
>>25019827
they didn't just want to win, they wanted to prove they were better than their clones and clones wanted to prove they were better than the original
>>
File: smug yugi.jpg (82 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
smug yugi.jpg
82 KB, 640x480
>>25019847
>tfw you still have BESD from the yugioh movie
>>
>>25019861
Never saw it. I could see R rated movies by the time that came out.
>>
Yes, back when I saw Ash as someone to look up to. That feeling sorta wears off when he's been pursuing the same goal for the last 20 years.
>>
>and Mewtwo
>you're mine
what the fuck happened to Ash, what a fucking bad ass, now he's like SFW PBSkids tier
>>
I think I might have gotten more chills from Charizard immediately attacking Mewtwo when Ash sent him out.
>YOUR CHARIZARD IS POORLY TRAINED.
>>
>>25019845
Oh wow I just remembered, Pikachu trying to bring him back was the best. It was the Lion King all over again
>>
File: 1380166094491.png (83 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
1380166094491.png
83 KB, 342x245
>>25019758
I thought that movie was about how he got all those Pokemon.
>>
>>25019758
I went to go see this with all my friends in 6th grade. It was my friend's birthday so he got us all tickets and extra cards and stuff. Was p cool. Went into the movie, cringed watching the intro segment, enjoyed the actual movie up until Ash "dies." I can still hear Pikachu's voice cracking trying to bring him back to life. I'm pretty sure all of us cried, even the parents. We went into that movie so pumped and left really quiet and uncomfortable. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your cry!
>>
>>25020109
I remember saying "The movie's gonna be so good! It's gonna be so long because he's gonna catch em all!"
>>
File: mail.jpg (25 KB, 528x584) Image search: [Google]
mail.jpg
25 KB, 528x584
>>25019758
notable moments:
>dragonite in flight on the silver screen, they finally show his speed
>mewtwo controls the weather, destroys relationship w/ giovanni
>mew wakes up under water after sensing danger
>charizard lasts the longest 1v1 against his clone
>misty saves brock and ash from drowning

i loved how the movie tied in w/ season 1 (Garys defeat)
>>
>>25019847
ancient mew came with 2000 movie
the first movie had 4 promos distributed randomly
dragonite, pikachu, electabuzz, ect
>>
>>25019758
For some reason I clearly remember seeing this along with the next two movies in the theater. Great times
>>
>>25019767

Fucking really?

Of all the other shit you could have been drag to? That be the second best movie to see.
>>
I remember seeing Mewtwo's restraining armor. I've been disappointed for years that Melee and now Smash 4 doesn't have that as an alternate skin.
>>
>>25020002

>Your Charizard is poorly trained

>Charizard: EAT A DICK NIGGA GONA ROAST YOUR ASS ALL OVER THIS ISLAND
>>
File: Exile.webm (1 MB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
Exile.webm
1 MB, 400x296
I want to get on my knees and apologize to my parents for making them see the first 3 movies. But at the same time, I'm hoping they forgot about them.

Try sitting through Pikachu's Vacation as an adult. I dare you.
>>
>>25020917
Holy shit that was so much worse than I remember it being. And what the hell were those scenes with a random Pokemon doing weird shit?
>>
>tfw ever emited anywhere outside TV in my country
fuck my life
>>
File: 099.gif (259 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
099.gif
259 KB, 245x184
>>25019758
I remember when this movie and the other ones up to gen 4 had a lot of substance to them and built up to those moments of suspense.

Nowadays, the movies are just lacking in that department. After I saw Hoopa's movie (and gen 5-6's), I feel less excited to see Volcanion's, knowing well enough that it may never have that same spark again.

Battles will be nothing but over-saturated 3D effects, alongside scenery. Plots will have little to no build up.
>>
>>25021986
Yeah, no.
>>
>>25021956
>And what the hell were those scenes with a random Pokemon doing weird shit?
Just watched it. They looked like those things a show would normally do to cut in/out of a commercial break, but it's a movie so that clearly wasn't the case. So I have no idea what that was for.
I don't remember who I made bring me to see that, but whoever it was, I'd like to apologize to them.
>>
>>25021986
>up to gen 4
Sorry man but it was lost long before that. First 3 movies were the best ones, after that is only disappointment.
>>
File: transformers.jpg (149 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
transformers.jpg
149 KB, 640x640
Transformers: The Movie in 1986 was the first movie of this kind, and was far far better than every single Pokemon movie ever made.
>>
yeah while dad was snoring

i managed to find an english language japanese dub of this online a few years ago, the picture quality was abysmal and i didn't finish watching, but the overall quality of the picture was 100% better
>>
>>25020917
I'm doing it right now and couldn't help but think of this the entire time, before seeing this post.

My favorite filler was the Primape one.
>>
I was just only 5 in 1999, I don't remember hardly anything.
>>
>>25020917
Well, I'm watching it and it's actually not as bad as you're making it out to be. It's exactly as I remember and no more boring or cringey now.
>>
File: 1448937306486.jpg (18 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1448937306486.jpg
18 KB, 408x408
>>25021986
I wish they'd drop the pikachu shorts and go back to making longer movies where the plot and actually develop and can have a satisfying conclusion

also fights in the new movies are too slow and they don't feel powerful at all. The fights in the show are a lot more intense than the modern movie fights but that's because movies are animated by a different team
>>
>>25022061
It doesn't help that the antagonists after the first one are somewhat lacking. There's been some decent ones, but with one or two exceptions (e.g., Molly from the third film), they've never come close to topping Mewtwo.
>>
>>25019758
poeple discovered Clone Pokemon..What u could do after trading is complete..

Now Gamefreak make a Movie aboute Clone pokemon and Mew What a great predicting was this back at 98's
>>
File: 1452828420605.jpg (1019 KB, 1920x2067) Image search: [Google]
1452828420605.jpg
1019 KB, 1920x2067
>>25019996
>implying

Watch shit before you say shit.
>>
>>25019996
He still does that kind of shit in the movies from time to time.
>>
>>25019996
>jumps of the fucking Eiffel tower for pikachu after following a rogue Garchomp up it
>takes attack after attack
>acts fearsome as fuck against Team Flare
>battles a fucking Moltres and jumps into a fucking Volcano to save his Brave bird

I can go on and on but the point being is that if anything Ash is more of a badass now then OS.
>>
>>25024372
Is Ash gonna try to drown a Pokemon for being a bitch again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyPEJGkws_E
>>
>>25019996
Lmao, get out with your shit. This nigga is literally controlling a shiny mega fuck and says that 6 legendaries are worthy opponents for him.
>>
>>25024409
Fug*
>>
File: 1404009798097.gif (2 MB, 161x149) Image search: [Google]
1404009798097.gif
2 MB, 161x149
>Brother
>My Brother

Ugh I still remember being in the theater for that scene.

Had to fast forward i when we got the VHS
>>
>>25024428
Yea, that song was shit. Tears of life is pretty good though.

https://youtu.be/mH0008o-6cs
>>
>>25022061
I disagree, I enjoyed some of the others after 3 (particularly Heroes, Destiny Deoxys, and Shaymin's). Right around Arceus' movie is when the decline started imo.

>>25023241
Is that the reason why the movies have been getting shorter?

The fights have no power to them, yeah. I really wish they were back to way they were instead of just being overly showy with nothing to show. Feels like they've just been getting lazy nowadays.
>>
>tfw you learn "Pikapi" is how Pikachu says Ash

I also just realized that you can hear Ash scream right as the blasts hit him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gPH4nFrmN4
>>
I bet every one of pictures specific scenes from the anime when listening to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpLYpxDOv7I
>>
>>25025349
Really?
>>
>>25022061
>After that is only disappointment
Not true at all. 1-4 had the best written storylines, characters, and animation. Heroes was super fun even though nothing really happened, And Destiny Deoxys was about on par with others for having the best action scenes.

The rest of the movies are absolute garbage though.
>>
They really need to stop with all the special effects and work on the plot, it drags everything down.
Not to mention finding better voice actors than the one who voiced Hoopa unbound. That was complete and utter shit. I think they should lay off on some of the talking legendaries for a bit too.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.