[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix these shits?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: regi.png (182 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
regi.png
182 KB, 1680x1050
How do we fix these shits?
>>
By finding better hobbies than Smogonfaggotry.
>>
Rock and ice are horrible typings for things that are supposed to be taking hits.

Steel is better but it lacks offensive pressure and reliable recovery.

Gigas is just fucked hard by its ability and it doesnt even get protect.

Someone over at gamefreak really hates the regis.
>>
File: 1404324085245.jpg (59 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1404324085245.jpg
59 KB, 200x200
>>25018605
>not opening some funny tabs
Are you even trying.
>>
>>25018610
This.
>>
>>25018605

>Regirock

Give it Regenerator.

Pokedex entry: " If any part chips off in battle, it attaches rocks to repair itself."

>Regice

It's a pure Ice-type, so it's unsalvageable. Although if they buffed Heatproof to make the Pokemon completely immune to Fire-type attacks and burns, that'd be a good ability for it.

Pokedex entry: "Its icy body is so cold, it will not melt even if it is immersed in magma."

>Registeel

Fine as is

>Regigigas

Remove Slow Start
>>
>>25018635
>digimon
>yugioh
>yokai watch

But anon, those are three of the biggest jokes in modern times.
>>
File: trash3.png (48 KB, 455x455) Image search: [Google]
trash3.png
48 KB, 455x455
>>25018605
>smogon
>>
>>25018638
All these apart from Slow Start are good ideas. Regigigas without Slow Start would be oppressively strong. Instead, give him a recovery move of some sort (Slack Off, Recover, something), and make Slow Start not reset when switches occur. That way Gigas only has to be out on the field in a weakened state for a TOTAL of five turns, instead of five turns every time he switches. Throw Protect on his moveset, and you have a chance of chipping away at the Slow Start turns with the right switching.
>>
>>25018605
give Regenerator to the trio and reduce Slow Start from 5 to 3 turns
>>
>>25018610
They're trash either way and even jokes as legendary pokémon by in-game standards.
>>
Better abilities

Aura Break for Regigigas, Regenerator+Weak Armor for Regirock, Refrigerate for Regice, something like Trace or Analytic for Registeel
>>
This PU thing is new for me, what does it mean?
>>
>>25018855
It's a new tier, below NU. The letters don't stand for anything, but it's a joke on the fact that most pokemon that would be down there 'stink' competitively in any other tier.
>>
>>25018878
Why was it created? Too many pokemon in NU?
>>
>>25018903
Yep.
>>
>>25018903
They were NU even in NU

Having to make a new tier every generation is why tierfaggotry isn't for me.
>>
>>25018909
>>25018913

Thanks for quick answers, guys. Those smogon tiers are really cancer.
My all time favorite is constantly in OU, so I probably shouldn't complain. I still think this whole system is a shit.
>>
Regice- No Guard to spam Blizzard and Zap Cannon

Regirock- Solid Rock

Registeel- Filter

Regigigas- Normalize
>>
>>25018932
And then there's FU which is below PU but isn't official
>>
>>25018932
>Those smogon tiers are really cancer.
They're really not. As much as I dislike Smogon for their quick-to-ban, slow-to-reconsider style, the tier system is a highly sensible choice. Splitting Pokemon by usage puts the tiering up to the players, not some shadowy council, short of bans. A good Pokemon will get used more and rise in the tiers as the numerous people discover how to use them. It also gives players who want to use lesser-powered Pokemon (and as Karenfag as I can be, there is no arguing that some Pokemon are objectively worse than others) a chance to have them still be good. I play a lot of UU myself, since most of my favorite Pokemon are there and it allows me to avoid the cancer I would see in both OU and cart battles.
>>
>>25018605
Wasn't regice OU in Gen 3?
>>
>>25018962
Are there any fully evolved pokemon bad enough to be FU aside from Ledian?
>>
>>25018966
I just want OUfags to shut the hell up.

Their shit shouldn't matter to me because I don't play the main games' multiplayer, plus I play other Pokemon games, where viability is different. But no, I still can't like a Pokemon for being okay in single player/contests/TCG/Mystery Dungeon because muh Talonflame
>>
>>25018999
Furret, dustox, and watchog who are all E rank there.
>>
>>25019005
nice job being a faggot
>>
>>25018999
Luxray and Meganium
>>
>>25018643
you forgot pokemon
>>
>>25018913
I dont get whats so bad about tiers, it makes it so every pokemon is used somewhere
>>
>>25019038
>these pokemon are literally worse than marill, anorith and spritzee

oh well, at least literally no one likes watchog
>>
>>25019405
OUfags.
>>
>>25019409
elaborate
>>
File: e rank fu.png (10 KB, 781x184) Image search: [Google]
e rank fu.png
10 KB, 781x184
>>25018999
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/fu-viability-rankings.3542804/

pic related are literally the worst 4 fully evolved pokemon in the entire game
>>
>>25019427
>there are things worse than ledian
literally how
>>
>>25019448
Ledian isn't good enough to be ranked at all
>>
>>25019425
People who only care about overall competitive viability and shove it down the throats of people who don't care or want to post artwork of a specific Pokemon rather than discuss its competitive usage
>>
File: e rank pu.png (74 KB, 712x897) Image search: [Google]
e rank pu.png
74 KB, 712x897
>>25019448
I just noticed that ledian isn't even on the list for some reason

it's listed in e rank in the pu viability rankings page so idk

here is e rank in pu
>>
>>25019470
Wasn't Slaking OU in gen 3? How did this even happen?
>>
>>25019474
It turns out giving your opponent a free turn isn't a viable strategy. There are also bulkier Pokemon in the meta that can soak up his hits.
>>
>>25019474
>Roost
>Physical/Special split
>More set up sweepers
>>
>>25019409
Yeah, OUfags are dumb, but tiers aren't. Just like lots of things, hate the community, dont hate the thing they like
>>
I love tiers and OU in particular because it gives a place for that piece of fucking shit Talonflame to go and not bother my favorite Pokemon. God forbid I like Bug types.
>>
>>25019466
A person like that's just called a faggot.
>>
All of them gain a mega, it adds ghost type to all of them, Regenerator for regis, and a less crippling ability+ little stat boost to gigas (maybe stall or something)
>>
>>25018790
>Regigigas without Slow Start would be oppressively strong
yeah, ubers even. Where he should be. Faggot.
>implying he wouldn't be merely ok in ubers with geodeer and "my best counter is myself" primal groudon running around.
>>
>>25019738
Even with an ability like Pressure it might only be at high OU at best. It still has a terrible move pool.
>>
I remember when Regice was OU.
>>
>>25019800
Hence why the move split was one of the worst things to happen to the series.
>>
>>25019990
Regice, Typhlosion and Sceptile are probably the only 3 pokemon to have been negatively affected by the split
>>
>>25021250

muh Ice Punch Gardevoir
>>
>>25018605

>Regirock
Solid Rock
>Registeel
Filter

>Regice
Glacial Ice (or whatever, Ice-equivalent of Filter/Solid Rock)

>Regigigas
Slow Start
-Doubles Attack and Speed after 5 turns
>>
>>25019406
I like Watchog.
>>
>>25019470
I thought Phione was ban worthy.
>>
File: even in death.jpg (31 KB, 413x425) Image search: [Google]
even in death.jpg
31 KB, 413x425
>>25022208
>tfw gardevoir has access to fire punch too
>>
With mega-evolutions.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.