[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Freak institutes a change. Flying types and Pokemon with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (588 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
588 KB, 640x480
Game Freak institutes a change. Flying types and Pokemon with Levitate are no longer immune to Ground a types moves. Instead, moves are reclassified into moves that travel across and affect the ground and moves that are thrown or fired, in addition to the existing separation of moves that make physical contact and moves that don't.
Flying and Levitate are now immune only to the former.

Earthquake, Magnitude, et all are classified as ground-affecting moves, while moves like Mud Bomb and Mud Shot are fired and can now hit Pokemon in the air. However, moves like Surf and Sludge Wave are now "travel across the ground" and aerial Pokemon are now immune to them.

How does the metagame change? Would you be in favor of this?
>>
>>24996955
I like this. And make ground 2x effective, considering I doubt a bird's gonna stay in the air long if it's covered in mud.
>>
>>24996971
Have you ever tried throwing mud at a bird before
>>
>>24996971

Let's not go too far anon. Just have it do normal damage
>>
>>24996974
Easier than hitting it with a rock? It's spray vs slug
>>
>>24996974
have you ever tried throwing a fireball or a fucking liana at a bird before?
>>
>>24997004
>liana
What?
>>
>>24997012
vine, sorry, i don't know why the word liana comes first to my mind
>>
File: liana.jpg (91 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
liana.jpg
91 KB, 500x375
>>24996955
Needlessly complicating a kid's game sure sounds like fun. For you, anyway.

>>24997004
I learned a new word today.
>>
>>24997019

How is this complicating the game more than the battle system is already?
>>
>>24996955
ah yes another reason to use scald over surf thankyou.

>>24997019
>implying a kid isn't gonna understand a basic visual cue over the current metadata bullshit.
Retard
>>
>>24997029
Because you're going from "Flying-types are immune to Ground moves" to "Flying-types are immune to some Ground moves but not others and also a bunch of other moves too".

>>24997030
"Flying-types are immune to Ground moves" = current metadata bullshit? really??
>>
>>24997033
visual cue over anything on a stats screen. These are children.
>>
>>24997033

They already made switches like that when grass types became immune to spore moves and Electric types immune to paralysis. Kids are able to figure shit out.
>>
Wouldn't it be easier to just let some ground moves hit flyers?
>>
>>24997076

No because this is designed to vary strategies for non Ground type moves too.

Anyway, what other non-Ground moves do you guys think would fall into this category?
>>
>>24997097
Elemental Punches, Flame Wheel, Stomp, hell most punches and things that involve the body unless the user can fly too. A change like this would break the flying type.
>>
>>24997118

I think physical contact moves like that shouldn't go with this. There's nothing to say the Pokemon using it couldn't jump.

I mean ranged moves that are specifically at the ground level.

Thinking on it, probably Avalanche would be a good choice?
>>
>>24996955

> How does the metagame change?

Flying and levitate gets weaker.

> Would you be in favor of this?

Nah, I like my levitate.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.