[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's time to prepare something in advance. Pokemon GO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: birch.jpg (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
birch.jpg
19 KB, 320x240
It's time to prepare something in advance.

Pokemon GO is coming out in February. It's going to be huge. There's going to be a massive influx of new people coming to /vp/ for it. I mean, MASSIVE. For every one person with a DS, there's 100 people with smartphones.

Will a general be enough to contain that sort of newfag migration? Or do we need to have other measures in place? We may even be able to beg for a sticky with such a large scale event.
>>
>>24991854
Thanks for informing me.
>>
>>24991854
>Pokemon GO is coming out in February.

Source your ass i reckon?
>>
>>24991874

What else is normie enough and pokemon related to be announced at the superbowl?
>>
>>24991874
That was the original speculation. Probably to tie in with the 20th anniversary.
>>
OP we need source on GO relase date...

Lest you are a faggot...

And we all know your are most entitled for this honour...
>>
>>24992035
announced =/= being released
>>
this board is already dead, just let it happen
>>
>>24992035
I'm ready for that Pokemon Super Bowl commercial though
>>
>>24992150
>your
>...
Faggot.

GO was slated for early 2016 and there's revving up for the 20th anniversary. There's no formal release date, but February seems very likely. The servers are already up and the closed beta has been active since November. It was mentioned in an interview from VentureBeat.
>>
>>24992214
Link and quote since they literally just announced there's no info on the beta last week
>>
>>24992214
>Closed Beta

It's not public closed right? Otherwise wouldn't there be leeks?
>>
>>24991854
We just need to be offensive and to shitpost in the GO threads for a few months, eventually most newfags will leave, then we can leave the rest alone.
>>
>>24992624
>We just need to be offensive and to shitpost in the GO threads for a few months
Worst idea. That guarantees that every incoming newfag shitposter stays forever while getting rid of every potentially redeemable newfag.
>>
>>24992914
What should we do, then? We'll get a flood of even shittier threads, real nostalgiafags, shitposting in our decent threads, overall a reduction to our already shit quality. How would you get rid of the newfags?
>>
>>24992991
Two step plan.

1. Beg and whine for a mod or janitor to actually be active when GO hits, which might actually work if we bring it up in advance

2. Put /vp/'s best foot forward to set the tone for the newfags. Make a slew of semi-decent threads people can participate in, point out bait so that the newfags don't derail everything too badly, that sort of thing.

I've been thinking about it, and I think our best chance of survival is to be hospitable for a change. There's no stopping the influx, so all we can do is try to direct the tide to where it's least harmful.
>>
>>24993171
>1. Beg and whine for a mod or janitor to actually be active when GO hits, which might actually work if we bring it up in advance
How can we convince them? Even if we did get a mod, it would probably be some guy who hasn't played Pokemon in 18 years, and would just delete half the decent threads on the basis of them being autistic.
>>
>>24993193
We could suck dick in the irc

At least we might get a sticky.
>>
>>24993296
I get pretty sticky whenever I suck dick
>>
Just make Go generals and update each with interviews, technical stuff and ingress filler in case the Suberb owl ad proves our suspicious right.
As soon as shit hits the fan let em in and take them right into the general.

Most boards "newfags" aren't really 4chan newfags and thus know already how to behave according to the site.
>>
>>24991854
>There's going to be a massive influx of new people coming to /vp/ for it. I mean, MASSIVE
not really
besides, I'm making sure to be as problematic as I can, nigger
>>
>generals being the answer to cancer
>ever
Generals just cause cancer to fester; inevitably shitposters leave their generals and fuck up the rest of the board, plus there's a plague of generals across the front page of every board these days.

>>24993171's plan is the only way: put our best foot forward, report bait, and teach newfags how to chan.
>>
>>24996033
Do you have any idea how many normies are hyped for GO? Even if 1% of normie GO players somehow stumble on /vp/, we'd be outnumbered
>>
>>24998063
Why would normies come to outcast central?
Reddit will be infested, not us
>>
>>24998420
>Normie wants more info on GO
>Google takes them to Reddit
>Reddit never fucking does anything for themselves and always links back to /vp/ for breaking Pokemon news
>We get stuck with the normies
>>
>>24998454
just use the word nigger and they will go away
>>
>>24998508
Normies are way more manageable than active shitposters. Spouting nigger everywhere will drive away some normies, sure, but it'll triple shitposting.
>>
I'm going to mass shitpost every GO thread and you can't stop me
>>
>>24998622
Like pissing into a sea of piss
>>
>>24991854
We should tell Hiro to create a /vpgo/ board.
>>
>>24992035
>Not expecting the following during the halftime show
>Pokemon GO is NOW AVAILABLE on the app store! To everyone in the audience here at the stadium, download it and now and load up the game to receive an exclusive Superbowl Pikachu!
Superbowl Pikachu confirmed for Z
>>
File: 1442358490358.jpg (46 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
1442358490358.jpg
46 KB, 500x343
>>24998657
>Event move is Tackle
>>
File: 1451181837825.jpg (16 KB, 211x244) Image search: [Google]
1451181837825.jpg
16 KB, 211x244
>>24998665
>Not Volt Tackle
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.