[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hoenn games will forever be known as the most controversial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (36 KB, 523x281) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
36 KB, 523x281
>Hoenn games will forever be known as the most controversial and/or disliked main games

Not even a Hoennbaby but feels fucking bad, man.
>>
>>24989800
Bulshit, that happens every time when the generation is out. Year earlier Kalos was the worst one and Unova was the worst one before that. Now its Hoenn because its the current game
>>
>>24989818
Not really, ORAS is stated to be underwhelming even outside /vp/ unlike the other gens
>>
>>24989818
No, now it's Hoenn because ORAS is legitimately bad

I wish you fags would stop pretending BW2 or HGSS got even close to this much backlash when they first came out
>>
>>24989824
Yeah, yeah sure, uh-uh

Thats why "Hoenn confirmed" etc was one of the main Pokemon memes for years
>>
>>24989828
I specifically said ORAS, you fucking idiot.
They ESPECIALLY were underwhelmed because a lot of people liked RSE but were disappointed by its remakes.
>>
>>24989837

That's why it sold a shit ton of copies and continued to register on sales charts a year later I guess
>>
>>24989827
Gen V has a huge backlash overall, BW had more , BW2 but thats beacuse it got shitton of content, same for HGSS.

You see the thing is both BW2 and HGSS were last games in the generation and GF aways gives the best things to the last games.

ORAS isnt last game of gen 6 hence why it didnt get as much content but still got a better treatment than FRLG for example when they copypasted RG and included some pontless islands. At least ORAS got completely rewritten, better story, Multinav, updated Secret Bases, Contests, Soaring with mirage spots and crazy amount of legendaries and Delta Episode.

People will be praising ORAS in the future, just wait untill gen 7
>>
>>24989837
>They ESPECIALLY were underwhelmed because a lot of people liked RSE but were disappointed by its remakes.

Sales, reviews, fan reviews, lets-plays and opinions outside vp proves something opposite

But if course fuck the world, shitposters on vp matters more right?
>>
>>24989850
90% of the people here are contrarian faggots that just hate on the new stuff, good or not. I personally liked OR/AS a lot, even though the original Hoenn games are just meh in my book though I started with them. HG/SS is a personal fav of mine.
>>
>>24989859
You're already completely ignoring what I said. Whatever, be delusional if you want if it makes you happier that way.
>>
>>24989865
Because what you're saying is wrong, anon. And the proof is very easy to find if you don't spend your life only on /vp/
>>
>>24989865
Ignoring what? That you said some people were disappointed? Who was? Why were they? If its shitposters from vp than pls
>>
>>24989871
The exact opposite of what I said, anon.
>>
>>24989850
>Gen V has a huge backlash overall

Compared to ORAS? No it didn't because it at least brought in a crapton of new content. Which ORAS doesn't even have the advantage of.

. FRLG was good because of those new areas. What new areas did ORAS make again? a few tiny RNG islands and a battle resort to copy pasta the maison? ORAS will be just as hated in the future; the flaws won't magically go away. Stay deluded though.

>>24989859
What proof

I don't see any proof. Everywhere I go has people disappointed with ORAS. And of course they sold, the Pokemon name could be slapped on a literal dog shit and it would still sell. Doesn't mean the game is good.
>>
>>24989859
>But if course fuck the world, shitposters on vp matters more right?
Actually yes, fuck normies.
>>
>there are still people who thought ORAS was good
Get some fucking standards, man. Even I can admit RSE was good but ORAS is absolute garbage.
>>
>>24989886
/vp/ is full of normies, the only difference is they have no lives. Doesn't mean their opinion matters, it means they intentionally shitpost.
>>
>>24989888
Why? Because no Battle Frontier? All Pokemon games are literally the same.
>>
>>24989876
>FRLG was good because of those new areas

The new areas that dont offer ANYTHING exciting? ANYTHING storywise? ANYTHING lorewise? They were pointless and FRLG is the weakest of all remakes for a reason, you literally trying to pretend the good things about ORAS dont exist

>Everywhere I go has people disappointed with ORAS

Links please

>And of course they sold, the Pokemon name could be slapped on a literal dog shit and it would still sell.

Tell that to all the side games + Crystal, Emerald etc
>>
>>24989893
The BF is the least of my concerns actually.

>All Pokemon games are literally the same
Spouting this stupid "argument" just automatically confirms your opinions are shit
>>
>>24989906
It's not an argument, it's true. Every Pokemon game is:

>go to these places
>beat these people
>collect these creatures

And you can't say it's not true. If you do, you're wrong. You've still yet to back yourself up in any way other than acting like a mad preteen.
>>
>>24989910
>the base mechanics of this game makes all the games in the series the same because obviously nothing else besides them exists
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>24989914
>making the games the same means they aren't the same
Logic of a mad preteen.
>>
ORAS was such a disappointment. You first realize something is wrong when you steamroll everything mindlessly. Then you get to Mauville and the entire city is replaced with a shitty building. Then you get handed a legendary pokemon. Then you get to the safari zone and find that it's been effectively removed. Then you get to a statue that tells you that there's no battle frontier. It's not as good as emerald when you balance out what's added, what's take out, and what's been fucked up. At least the other remakes were objectively better than their source.
>>
>>24989918
>repeating the same shit you said earlier while ignoring the point I gave hoping it might make you correct again
Logic of a fucking idiot.
>>
>>24989918
You might as well say "all games are the same because they have pixels in them"
>>
>>24989924
So exactly what you've been trying to do this entire thread?

top fucking kek the ironing
>>
ORAS was full of wasted potential and even managed to make XY worse by splitting the online player base. And it ruined competitive by including those fucking genies, making the whole split even more pointless.
>>
>>24989927
That's retarded. Not even the same person, Pokemon games are literally carbon copies of the original. This isn't even debatable.
>>
>>24989930
Someones salty about a kids game...
>>
>>24989929
Come back when you're out of school anon
You're obviously too stupid to understand anything he said
>>
>>24989939
>pretending not to be the same person

All that's been said is the game is shit because he only values the opinions of people from /vp/.
>>
>>24989929
You should read your own posts before you say retarded shit like that.
>>
>>24989922
>You first realize something is wrong when you steamroll everything mindlessly.

Somebody was using the exp share...

>Then you get to Mauville and the entire city is replaced with a shitty building.

Which actually makes Mauville better and memorable

>Then you get handed a legendary pokemon.

>Which is a nifty side quest and a person who doesnt want play an "easy mode" would use their brain and box it unless you wanna tell me you're using everything they give you. Did you use castform?

>Then you get to the safari zone and find that it's been effectively removed.

Its still there with the same Pokemon, just the luck-based rules were removed which is good

>Then you get to a statue that tells you that there's no battle frontier.

The statue tells you its coming soon
>>
>>24989947
OOPS my bad, should've been like this

>Then you get handed a legendary pokemon.

Which is a nifty side quest and a person who doesnt want play an "easy mode" would use their brain and box it unless you wanna tell me you're using everything they give you. Did you use castform?
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 615x862) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 615x862
it lacked depth but overall I liked it, it was really nice to visit Hoenn ,also I don't know if I'm too old or pokemon games after BW got relatively easy, was it like that in XY ?
>>
>>24989950
Only Gen 6 was actually extremely easy, with even Masuda basically admitting he's making them easier so people who suck at games can enjoy them more.
>>
>>24989910
following your logic, every game is the same :
> look at screen
> input command
> look at result on the screen

wow, always the same, why bother ?
>>
>>24989953
That is true but at the same time you do have tools to make the game harder

>dont use exp share
>Battle style to set
>dont use megas untill postgame etc
>>
>>24989957
Pretty much but I guess the main problem is all those are right there for you whenever you want so people who didn't think about it might get underwhelmed with the difficulty in their first run and ruin their experience
>>
>>24989800
4th gen gets alot of hate because diamond and pearl but platinum really makes up for it
>>
>>24989965

The only thing that was unacceptable in PD was how slow everything was
>>
>>24989850

Yeah I will never be praising oras. Ever
>>
>>24989974

Wholeheartedly agree with that. Gen 4 was special for me but it was abnormally slow. Surfing, battles, just seems like everything was slow. Though regardless I still loved these games. Best route music in the whole series in my opinion.
>>
>>24989962
the main problem is that lati@s is pretty popular amongst fans, giving it like this may have been a dick move. on the other hand, it came willingly which is kind of new and interesting. too bad randomization make it shit.

another problem is that everything about the game was known beforehand, leaving near to nothing to explore for the average /vp/ regular shitposter, leading to some kind of frustration.

but, those aside, the game was indeed easier, even without the xp.share, all trainers had their levels lowered, and the radar made rare pokémons easier to get.

that said, I saw nobody complainig about the lack of mach bike puzzles (which were my number one complain from the original games), the fact that you can now have both bikes, the convenience of not having to carry a fly slave or the dex updates... maybe you are way too focussed on what bugs you to see that it is a large improvement over r/s ?

>>24989974
I think you are forgetting the shitty story, the thousand of over-the-top-yet-useless legendary pokémons and, above all, the two full HM slaves you had to carry averywhere because of the *brilliant* game design...
>>
>>24989957
>dont use exp share
But that brings another problem. My friend at least doesn't like that the games are too easy now but he also hates that he has to turn off the Exp share in order to get an "harder" experience (more on that later).

His logic is that you purposely miss out on Exp. You are given a tool (the Exp Share), but you "can't" use that tool because it will overlevel your Pokemon far too easy. But if you don't use that tool you limit yourself for a "harder" experience. That can feel under powering.

And it's not like turning off the Exp share will make the game that much harder. A little bit harder, but that's it. Another problem the Gen 6 games seems to have is braindead AI and hilariously bad movesets the Pokemon of the AI have. For example, Maxie's final battle has a Camerupt that doesn't even have STAB moves.

I think having the levels of the AI scale with your Pokemon's levels along with a difficulty setting that changes the AI accordingly (for example, hard mode has smarter AI and Pokemon with more impressive movesets while easy and/or normal mode has what Gen 6 has now). Would go a long way.

That all said, my friend and me did enjoy XY. And while my friend doesn't have ORAS yet (because he's burned out and didn't want to play a main series Pokemon game so soon after XY) he is interested in ORAS.
>>
>>24989993
>all trainers had their levels lowered

Thats a lie
>>
>>24990000
>His logic is that you purposely miss out on Exp. You are given a tool (the Exp Share), but you "can't" use that tool because it will overlevel your Pokemon far too easy. But if you don't use that tool you limit yourself for a "harder" experience. That can feel under powering.

Maybe you should decide if you want and easy mode or hard mode instead of wanting both at the same time...
>>
>>24989935
You just described the entirety of /vp/
>>
>>24990007
>what is normal mode
>>
>>24990015
Normal mode is when you turn it on/off every nce in a while :^)
>>
>>24990005
are you sure ? if it is, I did not lied on purpose, I had the impression the fights were lower levels and with less pokémons but I can be wrong, I sure improved a bit between r/s and OR/AS
>>
>>24990019
GF might as well just help me finish the game if they're gonna do shit like this
>>
>>24990023
Yes im sure, Winona, Tate and Liza and Wallace all have higher leveled Pokemon than in RS, probably a big amount of regular trainers post Norman aswell
>>
>>24990029
I just wished they buffed all the trainers instead of slightly buffing and nerfing some random ones here and there for no reason
>>
>>24989800
i pitty all those hoenn phaggots who love hoenn and "hate da evil gen wunnnnn"

fucking homos
>>
>>24990029
and yet, I had no problem with them... even norman who kicked my ass back when I was a kid (well, ok, a teen... still a kid) did not stand a chance this time.

I guess the difficulty largely depends on the player skill... but, better AI, teams and moveset might be a good idea.
>>
>>24990036
How about those who love de gen wunnnn and hate evil hoenn?

Also leave homos alone
>>
>>24989818
the region and pokemon and story are the problem, not ORAS because its the latest game

ORAS was a good game with a lot of improvements, however it is unfortunately set in hoenn which is the only problem with ORAS
>>
>>24990055
so, by your logic, GF should also avoid a D/P remake ? I woud be ok with that.
>>
>>24990059
no. hoenn was the only shit region.

diamond and pearl remake would be awesome.
>>
>>24990080
I loved DP but I don't want a remake of it.
GF would probably just ruin it like ORAS.
>>
>>24990080
the whole region is a pain to visit... why would I have cut, strength, rock climb, rock smash or defog in any team ?

and, just for fun... I don't like horses so I am forced to start with hot monkey if I want a fire type like ever ?

gen4 is the worst gen, just wait for the remakes, you will soon forget about ORAS.
>>
>>24990092
Considering every generation is different and every remake is pretty unique then you cant rely on anything they've done in the past
>>
>>24990093
>why would I have cut, strength, rock climb, rock smash or defog in any team ?

So? In Hoenn you need Cut, Strenght, Rock Smash, Waterfall, Surf and Dive
In Johto you need Cut, Strenght, Surf, waterfall, Rock smash, Rock climb, Whirlpool and Flash
>>
>>24990099
Actualy you don't need cut. Just to pick some itens/battles.
>>
>>24990099
well, I did not actually say jotho was an example... it is actually second worse... because of wirlpool and flash amongst other reasons...

but, seriously, rock climb, strength, rock smash and defog (in addition to surf but, this one is ok) just to cross the mountain on the center of the map ? like 4 times or whatever ? if this is not bad design, I don't know what you need...
>>
Of all the remakes, I have enjoyed OR/AS the most. Of all the main games, I happened to enjoy R/S/E the most. I am not at all dissapointed by OR/AS, and while not having the battle frontier is a shame, it didn't upset me in the slightest.

But you know something? VP always has to bitch about everything. Red/Blue(/Green) were objectively the worst games in the series, but they were still fun. Gold/Silver are overrated to the extreme, thanks to having 2 regions, but regardless, they were still fun. R/S are often called out for many reasons, likely because they had the balls to shake things up and try new things - they were still fun. D/P was the land of HM's and crammed in cross gen evos/prevos, but they were still fun. The entire of B/W basically regurgitated itself and slapped a 2 on it, and they were all fun. X/Y has had the smallest increase in Pokemon to date, and introduced a new exp share method that people complain about but for some reason don't turn off - still fun.

You pricks are basically like snobby-ass wine tasters, sampling everything and criticising every minor detail. What has been forgotten in all this circle jerking is that every game has been fun, whether you like the game or not.

If they weren't fun, they wouldn't sell, and VP wouldn't exist because there would be no fanbase. So by all means, circle jerk till the end of time, but never forget that you play because these games are fun.
>>
>>24990111
>objectively
why even bother writing so much if you just meme in the 2nd paragraph and invalidate the whole thing?
>>
>>24990111
>they had the balls to shake things up and try new things
Which new generation hasn't tried new things
>>
>>24990119
>balls to shake
every generation shake balls, that's a core mechanic...

butt steel, >>24990111 makes a point, every game has its ups and downs, some of them even had one dawn too many, but if we are still here, it's mainly because we all found something to like about those.

I don't think Hoen was worst or more controversial than any other game, every remake bring people to whine about the fact it is too much / too few of the original one without thinking about removing their nostalgia glasses.

just wait for the remakes of X/Y to see if ORAS was that bad...
>>
>>24990000
Holy shit the movesets in ORAS make me so mad. When you can 1v1 Team Aqua's sharpedos with a fucking magcargo you know something's wrong.
Compare it to even XY; Lysandre's Gyarados has water stab, outrage, earthquake for electric types, and iron head for fairies, which it can't even get in XY. They put effort into the trainer movesets in XY, so there's no reason they shouldn't have done it in ORAS.
>>
>>24990930
My bad, it can't learn outrage either without ORAS or earlier games' tutors
>>
>>24989800
Holy shit just look at the new Hoenn. Not even the old Hoenn is as block-y and square-y as the GBA version.
>>
>>24989800
What is Unova?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.