[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Unova such a chore to explore? I get to Castelia City
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1302739490533.jpg (71 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1302739490533.jpg
71 KB, 640x512
Why is Unova such a chore to explore? I get to Castelia City and I have to fight to go on.

Worst region?
>>
because you have shit taste
>>
>>24983078
>region is tedious and boring
>shit taste

thanks for playing anon
>>
>>24983041
The region is a straight line so you know everything that's coming up at every point in the game on subsequent playthroughs.
>>
>>24983739
>you know everything that's coming up at every point in the game on subsequent playthroughs.

Like in every Pokemon game you play more than one time
>>
Same thing has happened to me countless times. Most of my playthroughs start out optimistic but stagnate and end at castelia or, at t latest the next city.

I think it's partly because the region isn't too exciting. It's too "realistic" -- the towns are so urban that it makes you feel like you're walking through the world that you played to escape from. It's depressing and lackluster.

Another reason is that all of the unique and interesting pokemon don't start to show up until after castelia, except for one or two. By the third badge, you've already been playing for the few hours so the novelty has worn off by then. I wish they could have put pokemon like pawniard, joltik, golett, rufflet, shelmet, and so on earlier. Replay value goes to shit with these games when it's always patrat and purrloin for the first gym. Compare the selection of pokemon available to you pre-gym 1 in Crystal or Emerald.

Lastly, the handheld story drags things out so slowly and never really makes you feel like you're out on your own making your way. Things move slowly when your friends pop up at every new town.
>>
Unova is pretty boring Tbh. Had to force my way through B2
>>
>>24983776
At least with HGSS, Platinum, etc there's some degree of sequence breaking and enough optional areas that I can do things differently on every playthrough

>>24983785
Basically this.
>>
I just dropped my 3DS and froze my game. I just made it through the Chargestone Cave and my last save was right before Nimbasa. I have no willpower to force my way through Elesa and Clay again.
>>
Unova is such a shit region.

Not genwunning here but Kanto was far superior. You can have the whole map except Cinnibar unlocked in two badges. Everything is explorable up until Snorlax once you get past Cerulean, too. Absolutely based.
>>
>>24986764
I actually enjoyed the linear nature of Unova. No HMs required was godlike. Play the story straight through and then restart at the beginning and then re circle and explore the whole thing post e4 with more story involved. I dunno. Worked for me.
>>
>>24984963
>pokemon game
>sequence breaking
cite an example please
>>
File: 1444010709179.jpg (112 KB, 700x397) Image search: [Google]
1444010709179.jpg
112 KB, 700x397
This thread has an intense concentration of shit taste.

I recommend putting the game down and continue replaying whatever abomination you somehow find better than best region, with best music, best gym leaders, best mons and best player characters.

BTW, every region has trainers you must fight to go on, whether they be rivals or annoying cucks that you can't go past without being seen.
Personally, I found Platinum way worse than BW/BW2. Not only was it LOOKER EVERYWHERE or CYRUS BEING EDGE it's also your annoying fuccboi of a rival being retarded and ADHD, but the game itself was slow as fuck and battles took forever, too.
I never want to play that game again...
>>
>>24983097
Are you talking about Sinnoh?
>>
That happens to me in B/W1 but in 2, the pokemon selection is good enough to keep me going.
>>
>>24986720
>he doesn't save after ever milestone AND non-grinding Pokémon Center visit
>>
File: True-BW2.png (70 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
True-BW2.png
70 KB, 250x229
B2W2 redeemed Gen 5 for me.
>>
>>24983078
Thread.
>>
File: 1422370813611.jpg (67 KB, 300x334) Image search: [Google]
1422370813611.jpg
67 KB, 300x334
>>24987042
>Join avenue was a very good feature
>LOL removed in the next game
>>
>>24987097
It hurts even more because it could have integrated with PSS so damn well.
>>
>>24986804
I think he means how you can challenge either Cianwood or Mahogany gym after Ecruteak and the entirety of Kanto gyms which, with the exception of Viridian, can be challenged in any order. I don't know why he mentioned Platinum, though, Sinnoh is entirely linear as well as bland.
>>
>>24986830
Yes.
>>
>>24986804
In HGSS, you can battle Pryce, Jasmine and Chuck in any order.
Sinnoh's Fantina, Maylene and Crasher Wake can be battled in different orders as well.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.