[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Hackroms getting so popular? and why are they so fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Capturar1.png (22 KB, 479x318) Image search: [Google]
Capturar1.png
22 KB, 479x318
Why are Hackroms getting so popular? and why are they so fucking bad? I found this one where the only thing they changed is the pokemons that you can find and they put retarded names to the cities, nothing else, does anyone know terrible hackroms that they wanna share?
>>
>Hackroms

It's ROM Hacks you fucking pleb.
>>
>>24981337
Kek
>>
No, but I still don't know why the fuck haven't someone made some kind of DEFINITIVE POKÉMON VERSION in romhacking, or in Pokémon Essentials.

I mean, we have the tools, we have the nerds, but anyone can make a dense pokémon game with:
> Exploration, like going through the depths of an ocean to get some dark colored rare pokémon, or going to a snow mountain to find Snorlaxes covered in snow (and being able to catch'em)
> Gathering items to crafting tools, like gathering shells produced by cloysters to make a special kind of rod
> Cool different rare pokémon forms, like a Lava Golem that uses rock + fire moves and lives in a volcano
> No fucking trade needed, but would make dex completion easier
> Every fucking pokémon available + megas + everyshiitelse
> Neat story + endgame

It really, REALLY, pisses me off.
>>
>>24981354
Honestly, attention spans. So many projects die out because people start to find them a chore after a while and go off to do something fun instead.
>>
>>24981261
>Why are Hackroms getting so popular?
Because people are bored of the normal games.
>and why are they so fucking bad?
Because the only people hacking them are jaded twats.
>>
>>24981365
Yeah, you're right. But I really think everything could be great if those nerd developing teams that divides them in tasks (spriting, programming, etc.) could make this effort for us instead of making the "randomizer" kind of shit. Fuck, I just want to be happy with my pokemon.
>>
>>24981391
You must be new here.

/vp/ has tried to make fangames on a grand scale, but it's simply impossible. People have clashing ideas and there's no way to combine them fairly.
>>
>>24981261
If anything ROMhacks are less popular than years ago.

And if you want bad hacks, try the Ruby Destiny trilogy, with dialogue as brilliant as this.
>>
>>24981428
I know about Clover & DubsClover, anon. But it's not what I was talking about. I really think that something greater could be done, and it wouldn't be done by /vp/, btw.
>>
>>24981442
this. i remember playing a bunch of rom hacks forever ago and messing with hacking tools. this was like almost a decade ago, i mean ruby destiny was 9 years ago.
>>
>>24981452
Something greater COULD be done, yes. But not by a group of opinionated amateurs.
>>
>>24981488
Indeed!
>>
>>24981354
Anon we have that. It's called Pokemon Reborn
>>
>>24981442
>>24981467
I've just looked for Ruby Destiny and found out the author is remaking one of the three of them
>>
>>24985772
Which one? I knew he was working on Broken Timeline but I'm not seeing anything about a remake, just that he was considering redoing Rescue Rangers some day.
>>
What's a good site to get roms/isos? I need some for my PSP.
>>
>>24985781
Yep, Broken Timeline http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313984&page=27
>>
>>24985788

You're like half a decade late, at least. Just Google "(game) psp ISO" and you'll get results, pspiso used to be my go-to site for PSP games. The PSP is community is dead and links are going to die and are not going to be replaced, so get downloading .
>>
>>24985794
Broken Timeline is its own original hack, not a remake. It was originally going to have a gimmick where you can go to five regions but I'm pretty sure Jagold had a rare moment of clarity and realized how awful his beta for the hack was, so he started over from scratch and it seems to just be Crest (the unfinished region from another unfinished hack of his).
>>
>>24985820
Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification
>>
>>24985825
No problem. I recommend checking out the scrapped BT beta just to see how fucking awful it is, like I though he couldn't get worse than Rescue Rangers but he proved me wrong.
>>
>>24985817
I don't need specifically psp game isos, but that emuparadise site seems to have what I need.
>>
>>24985853

Emuparadise files have never had viruses for me whilst sites like coolrom have done in the past
>>
>>24985879
So it's pretty good then?
>>
>>24985882
Emuparadise is pretty good, can confirm, it's what I use when I need a game I didn't already get from a complete ROMset. How it hasn't been struck down like Coolrom's Nintendo ROMs is unknown, though.
>>
>>24985817
No
Psp games will be reuploaded and many jap games will be translated in the future IMO you know with emulators and whatnot
>>
>>24981261
I'm so fucking sorry I'm burnt out on Pokemon

With that said, a tester friend of mine actually got my hack's first Shiny.
>>
>>24981467
If you think that's bad, Quartz is going to turn 10 in 3 months, if I recall.
>>
pokemon vega is amazing though, and there's an English translation of it now. It is honestly better than any official pokemon games in my opinion
>>
>>24987079
>fuckawful level curve with leaders stupidly high leveled compared to the trash trainers and wild Pokemon making it impossible to grind against their bullshit movesets

The music's nice but fuck that shit
>>
>>24987157

Vega would be so great if it wasn't for the grinding. I'm considering teaching myself romhacking by adjusting levels and fakemon distribution in this game to be less ridiculous. The movesets are fine imo, they make the hack legit difficult but the grind needs to go.
>>
>Why are hack roms getting so popular?

Because basement dwelling NEETs have finished the canon games and completed them in every autistic aspect (like collecting every ribbon for their Gardevoir waifu desu), resulting in there being nothing more to do. As a result, they resort to shitty versions of the game made by other fat NEETs of their kind in order to have something new to do.
There. It's been put in words.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.