[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>p-pokemon games aren't getting easier guys! the overpowered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 12
File: 1379451481491.jpg (27 KB, 407x286) Image search: [Google]
1379451481491.jpg
27 KB, 407x286
>p-pokemon games aren't getting easier guys! the overpowered exp share you get earlier in the game, the gym leader's levels getting nerfed, lati@s being handed to you for free in the middle of the story, being given a stone that turns your pokemon into a legendary that barely anyone else in the game uses, and game freak themselves admitting the games are being made easier for a more casual audience is just you getting older and being better at the game!
>>
>I posted it again
>>
>>24973952
Solution: Make the Nuzlocke Challenge harder. More teh rules!
>>
>>24973952

The Exp Share is not overpowered. Leaked experience is a standard RPG feature.
>>
>>24973969
Leaked exp? yes
Leaked exp to the point where the entire game is a fucking cakewalk and you're 5-10 levels ahead every boss even with party members you never use? no
>>
>>24973996

If only there was an option to turn it off
>>
>>24973952
Some anons cry about the main games being easy
Other anons complain about Super Mystery Dungeon being too dificult.

Only on vp
>>
>>24974021
If only there an option for it to actually be balanced so I can still level up certain Pokemon without constantly switching in or overleveling them
>>
>>24973952
Hasn't the amount of exp Pokemon receive been increased for Gen 6? Maybe it's just me but I find that my Pokemon level up way quicker as opposed to, say, Gen 3. That being the case, wouldn't it be less of an issue for the exp share and more of an issue for the exp yields themselves? The exp share doesn't magically overlevel your Pokemon in older gens and it wouldn't even if it was distributed to all party members. Also
>ORAS
Don't talk about it, it's gross.
>>
I agree with you, OP, my initial ORAS run was enjoyable since I could use Mega Mawile, my favorite Pokemon, but once that novelty wore off, I realized the only thing that gave me a remote challenge was Steven's M-Metagross.

I did a second run with traded in egg Pokemon/Wondertrade and I can't even finish it because even with EXP share turned off and me ignoring the Latios, it's just been so easy I can't even motivate myself to battle trainers midroute since I steamroll them with no effort on my part.

I enjoy Nuzlockes too, but I shouldn't have to start one just to have a bit of fun on a regular Pokemon game.
>>
>>24974351

You also get EXP for catching wild Pokemon now as opposed to having to KO them to get EXP
>>
>>24974037
Just turn it off when your teams gets too high in levels.

Fucking hell, the exp all was put in for the 10 year olds that also buy this game. Grinding makes kids and casuals lose interest. They keep that interest when they can easily level.

They give you the option to either use it or not. It's not the game's fault you're too much a faggot to be satisfied.
>>
I played through oras without grinding and without exp share. It was pretty easy and I had a much better time than I did with xy. But still, that I didn't have to grind at all, shows how mindless the default difficulty is.
>>
So exp share doesn't divide experience, it just gives extra to everyone? I always have it off I wasn't sure
>>
Pokemon was always easy so none of this matters until they *properly* implement a hard mode.
>>
>>24974456
>Just turn it off when your teams gets too high in levels

Why? I don't have to shoot myself in the foot in every single other game I play. If the solution for an item being broken is to not use it then protip: the item is fucking broken and it should be fixed

>Fucking hell, the exp all was put in for the 10 year olds that also buy this game
So you're saying every previous game wasn't made for 10 year olds to buy the game? LOL

>Pokemon was always easy so none of this matters
Yes it does. Even B/W had some semi-challenging parts. Gen 6 is a COMPLETE push over.
>>
Story-mode Pokemon only seemed hard when I was 6 years old and too retarded to grind or choose good pokemon/moves. By the time Gen 2 came around I wasn't challenged anymore and most of the fun came from having adventures with my virtual pets rather than overcoming challenges. Breeding and Vs. battles are where Pokemon becomes challenging and/or technically interesting.

One thing I do wish would return is RNG abuse, though. I had a hell of a lot of fun breeding perfect shiny mons in Platinum.
>>
At least BW2 had a difficulty setting. Don't know why GameFreak dropped the idea in the gen 6.
>>
>>24973952
>not turning it off
>using Megas
>using Legendaries or Mythicals
Nah, the games are easy even when you don't have the Exp. Share off, don't use Megas, and don't use Legendaries or Mythicals.

Pokemon is, was, and always will be babby's first JRPG.

If you like JRPGs where you can customize your team, consider Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy 5, or Bravely Default.
>>
>>24974982
>>not turning it off
Why should I?

>>using Megas
Why shouldn't I?

>>using Legendaries or Mythicals
Why shouldn't I?

the game doesn't give me a reason not to use them. Asking the player to not use tools to balance the game is terrible game design.

And yes Pokemon was always easy. What you faggots can't seem to get is that gen 6 pushed it to the point of retardedness. There's easy and then there's TOO easy.
>>
>>24974947
Because the system they used was fucking retarded
>beat black/white 2 to unlock hard/easy
>no new game+
>key to adjust difficulty tied to your save
>can't even restart your own game on augmented difficulty
>>
>>24974891
You don't need to use Exp Share to finish the game. You can't say an optional item made to fasten up the game is broken because it fasten up the game. That's as stupid as complaints about how the bike makes game easier because you take less time to finish it
>>
>>24975063
>You can't say an optional item made to fasten up the game is broken because it fasten up the game

Because it fastens the game TOO MUCH, smart one. The bike would be just as broken if it let you somehow speed through the entire game in 20 minutes. As it is it's just for faster movement (i.e. convenience) and it doesn't actually make the game easier. Actually, it makes it harder because there are puzzles that require the bike.

Would you still defend the exp share if it instantly leveled all your Pokemon to lv100? Because I have a feeling you would.
>>
>>24975082
The new Exp. Share is just for faster grinding (i.e, convenience as well)
>>
>>24975014
>There's easy and then there's TOO easy.
There's barely a difference at that point. If anything, being too easy is better than being easy because easy is just a slog whereas too easy at least gives you the freedom to do stupid shit 100% of the time.
>>
>>24975093
Which would be great if it didn't fucking overlevel your Pokemon and make the game too easy. BW already had it perfect with the lucky egg, exp share, exp formula, and all the Audino. All gen 6 did was make it too easy and it gives you barely any control over which Pokemon gain exp. It's a flawed broken item.
>>
>>24975082
>Would you still defend the exp share if it instantly leveled all your Pokemon to lv100? Because I have a feeling you would.
People these days defend shit like powersaves for breeding so why not.
>>
>>24975119
>There's barely a difference at that point.

No, there's a difference. Like I said, even BW at least had SOME semi-challenging parts. Have you not seen all the fucking people talking about Ghetsis' Hydreigon at the end of the game being hard? That's good challenge. If that were gen 6 though all your Pokemon would be in the high 60's at that point and you could just sweep him with one Pokemon. It's not good and it's not fun.
>>
>>24974456
>Grinding makes kids and casuals lose interest.

Can anybody explain what the fun or charm of grinding is in the first place.

Guess I'm a casual but the grinding was always the biggest letdown in the games for me.
>>
>>24975154
Autism numbers, and false sense of progress because now you can 2hko a Pokemon instead of 3hko.
>>
>>24975154
You shouldn't have to grind in Pokemon games on the main playthough. The regular trainers you're forced to encounter as you go along should be enough. The only people who like the new exp share are autists who feel the need to grind their all Pokemon to 5 levels above the gym leader's strongest Pokemon in every game.
>>
>>24975154
A little bit of grinding isn't so bad. It's fun to train your pokemon but it gets old fast. I do think they made the right decision to make it less monotonous but it's ridiculous to have it gone entirely.
>>
Objectively they are easier but the past games were so easy anyways it doesn't matter unless you're looking for reasons to complain
>>
>>24975214
Fantastic opinion but no
>>
>>24974351
Yes, base experience across the board increased immensely and there are a plethora of extra boosts put in place:

eg:
In Gen VI you get a 20% xp boost if your NFE is past the level where it would evolve
20% modifier if you have 2 Amie hearts
Blissey base experience went from 255 to 600+.
>>
Pokémon battles are Easy.
Since non-players characters don't level up, their Pokémon.
>>
It's a children's game, of course they're gonna make it easier for their core audience, CHILDREN.
>>
>>24973952
It's the leveling curve. It's always been easy except gen II and the gen II remakes for some reason. You level up like a motherfucker in every other game. If you twats want challenge, don't play the newer games, and stop complaining about them. Play the older games if you want time consuming roadblocks.and by older I mean only gen II related games because every other game has an easy leveling curve
>>
>>24975126
Ah, you've been distracted from the real issue: the fact that you gain EXP from catching Pokemon now.
>>
File: Tactics_jobs.jpg (83 KB, 800x453) Image search: [Google]
Tactics_jobs.jpg
83 KB, 800x453
>>24974982
>If you like JRPGs where you can customize your team, consider Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy 5
Or you know... The Final fantasy Tactics series, they use the class system in many more creative and customizable ways.
There's also FF12 International Zodiac Job System, which you can change jobs too.
>>
>>24975421
This. Back in our day, we had to stick with the game we just got and power through or not play anything at all.
These days, it's easy as fuck for a kid who got stuck to just play free mobile or online games until Mommy buys them a new one. Which Mommy will stop doing if little Jimmy doesn't play his 3DS games for more than 5 minutes.
>>
>>24973952
First off, I'm not saying it's how you are supposed to play or if you aren't, you're doing it wrong. But you all need to try having a rotation of Pokemon versus a team of six.
I had about 20 or so pokemon I rotated in and out of my team for AS, and I had a way better time than in X because no one got overleveled and also got to try a lot of 'mons I hadn't before.
>>
File: 1425006599945.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
1425006599945.png
361 KB, 858x725
HOW TO MAKE THE GAMES CATER TO CASUALS (KIDS AND BUSY PEOPLE THAT JUST WANT SOME FUN AND NOTHING CHALLENGING) AND CATER TO NON-CASUALS (PEOPLE THAT WANT TO FACE CHALLENGES AND FEEL SATISFACTION):

-HARD MODE

THAT'S IT, JUST THAT FUCKING SHIT.
YOU CAN HAVE BABIES FINISHING THE GAME JUST MASHING BUTTONS, AND HAVE THE OLD PLAYERS ENJOYING THE SAME SHIT WITHOUT COMPLAIN.

A GUY IN A INTERVIEW EVEN QUESTIONED MASUDA ABOUT IT, MAYBE THE QUESTION MADE THE OLD MAN REALIZE THAT.
>>
>>24973962
That+Other challenge runs make the games a lot more fun and you have to be careful
>>
>>24975671
>A GUY IN A INTERVIEW EVEN QUESTIONED MASUDA ABOUT IT, MAYBE THE QUESTION MADE THE OLD MAN REALIZE THAT.

Forgetting this
>Haha... I don't really know
>But if we implement that, nobody will finish the game!
>>
>>24975192
What if it was 20/25% exp received?
>>
>>24975689
>>But if we implement that, nobody will finish the game!
Skylanders has had a hard mode since the second game for consoles, and since the third game for 3DS. Masuda has no excuse.
>>
>>24975689
>>24975703
Seriously, they could even just do this in the opening professor's speech
>Is this your first pokemon adventure?
If yes, easy mode (low NPC levels, less NPC pokemon, exp. share on, etc.)
If no,
>Ah, so you're an experienced trainer then! Are you perhaps seeking an even greater challenge?
If no, medium difficulty
If yes
>Are you sure? It will be a long and hard rode for you.
If no, medium difficulty
If yes, hard mode activate
>>
>>24973952
>Solution: Classic RPG Bosses

>You full team (or battle 3vs1)
>Not pokeballs (not catch)
>Combo attacks
Vs
>A mothafucker god, titan, thing
>Tons of hp
>multiple target attacks
>change of forms
>Regeneration
>more of 4 moves for the boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCmXL9uiEKc
>>
>>24975747
...Or you can just have a simple screen like:

>Traditional Mode
>Challenge Mode

In the bottom screen you get descriptions when the cursor is pointing to the option.
Traditional Mode: Recommended for most trainers, if you're a beginner or just wants a fun adventure, choose this!
Challenge Mode: For trainers that seek cross a rough path for the victory, the difficulty is considerably higher. Not recommended for beginners.
>>
>>24973969
You are correct. The problem is that GF doesn't take this into consideration when leveling the enemy trainers. They're leveled as if the exp share doesn't exist.
>>
>>24973955
It's been two years and these threads still happen
>>
>>24973952
>Pokemon games aren't getting easier
Pokemon games have always been ridiculously easy. You're just a delusional retarded fanboy that can't accept this fact and are just looking for dumb things to whine about because mommy got mad at you today.
>>
>>24975868
Exactly, so those who want to just rush maingame and get to bike simulator and online or need a boost because they somehow actually find Pokemon hard can turn it on and those who don't can just turn it off

not open rocket surgery
>>
>>24974456
>just turn it off
That's not gonna work with these autists. They have ZERO self control and are just going to continue whining because they're complete manchildren that need others to do shit for them.
>>
>>24975749
YESSSSSSSS
T
H
I
S
>>
>>24975879
see >>24975136

>>24975892
turning it off doesn't solve the fact that the item is broken. And some of us still like getting other pokemon in our party exp without constantly switching in.
>>
File: 1427487114716.jpg (34 KB, 478x357) Image search: [Google]
1427487114716.jpg
34 KB, 478x357
>>24975082
>>24979489
>the completely, entirely optional item which exists so people other than me can make the game easier for them makes the game too easy
>>
solution: don't play pokemon games because they are garbage anyways

I stopped playing after hgss

no reason to play when showdown exists
>>
I beat R/B/Y as a six year old kid, mainline Pokemon was never difficult. Getting 100% on Snap! and the Pokemon Ranger games was harder.
Captcha: OAK
>>
>>24979548
>you can't ever complain any game ever being too easy because everything is optional!

this is you. This is how stupid you sound. The game is easier purely by the fact that the game gives you the item as an option. And not using it doesn't fix how broken it is because
>some of us still like getting other pokemon in our party exp without constantly switching in.
>>
>>24979762
but mainline Pokemon was more difficult than it is now.
>>
>>24974021
I turned it off in ORAS at Slateport as my team was almost already fully evolved. Even then, the game was an absolute cake-walk with it off and trying to play the game the traditional way.

I think the problem isn't just the Exp. Share being broken, but the access to Super Training as well.

Consider that a player can have a Gallade by Brawly and what that means for game balance. Or that you can have fully invested EVs for 6 pokemon super early in the game.

That's another thing that I think people overlook when talking about the game
>>
>>24979775
>150 Pokemon not including Mew
>700+ Pokemon not including Mew, Celebi, etc.
No, it's a lot more time consuming to fill a Pokedex now.
>>
>>24979814
No, with transferring and wi-fi it's just as easy if not easier.

Literally all I had to do in XY to complete the national dex was catch the whopping 69 new Pokemon and then just bank everything else over from recursively completing the pokedex in previous games. I had more trouble completing it in RBY because there was no wi-fi and there were 150 Pokemon to catch.
>>
>>24979828
For new players or those who dont use bank its harder

>>24979806
>I turned it off in ORAS at Slateport as my team was almost already fully evolved
How come you have almost fully evolved team at slateport? Were you griniding?
>>
>>24973952

only early gym leaders were nerfed, later ones were actually higher.
>>
>>24979828
>recursively completing the pokedex in previous games
Yeah, you had to actually catch them at some point though. No matter how you slice it, it takes longer to get 700+ 'mons than 150 'mons, especially with some of the stupid evolution methods like happiness. RBY you only had to have one friend with a different version and you could fill the dex, with the exception of Mew.
>>
>>24979846
>For new players or those who dont use bank its harder

then: WAAAAH I CAN'T CATCH THIS CHANSEY IN THE SAFARI ZONE

now: lol I'll just gts it :)

yeah nah it's still easier
>>
>>24979846
>almost
Naw, most were in the upper 20s. Plus Gallade helped.

I know for a fact though that aside from a few late catches that my team was fully evolved at Watson. I spent a lot of time using Pokenav looking for Pokemon with great IVs and egg moves so that might have played a role a bit.
>>
>>24979855
>gts
Most of us don't want to trade Celebii for Chansey
>>
>>24979854
>Yeah, you had to actually catch them at some point though
The only time it was harder in was third gen because of the reboot, the sparsity of Johto Pokemon, and wi-fi not existing. But every game after it's easy as shit because you can transfer and wi-fi. So nope.

>>24979866
Celebi doesn't count toward the national dex completion
>>
>>24979855
Yeah have fun collecting all 720 from the scratch

>>24979856
>Naw, most were in the upper 20s. Plus Gallade helped.

I still dont get how is it possible that your team was in upper 20s in Slateport, not to mention you evolved Kirlia so early and then complained the game is easy.

My team was fully evolved around Norman/Winona
>>
>>24979870
>every game after it's easy as shit because you can transfer
Gen 1 you can trade and there's 150
Gen 3 you can trade and there's like 380
Still faster in Gen 1
>>
been playing pokemon all my life, this is my first time visiting this board. I've felt this way for so long now, I finally feel at home. Is it too late to complain that EVs ruined pokemon irreversibly?
>>
>>24979878
I'm not complaining it was easy, I'm saying that having availability to Super Training AND Exp. Share makes it easier.

The only time I felt truly let down was after I turned off the Exp. Share and stopped grinding whatsoever and STILL managed to obliterate the Elite Four underleveled.

Personally, having the Exp. Share given out so early and getting Mega Stones early on makes the games easier. Sure you can handicap yourself to make the games harder but it would be preferential if that were not the case.

To your point, in my classic runs of Sapphire, my teams were normally fully evolved at Norman if not afterwards.
>>
>>24975014
You can use those things, just stop bitching about how easy it is when you choose to use those things.
>>
File: 666.png (385 KB, 331x480) Image search: [Google]
666.png
385 KB, 331x480
>>24973952
pokemon was never difficult, you're autistic

in other words, my 6
>>
File: 1420616062710.gif (1 MB, 400x218) Image search: [Google]
1420616062710.gif
1 MB, 400x218
>>24979976
>>
>>24975603
Yeah, my cousin is 7 or 8 and I gave him a few pokemon games, when it took him more than a few minutes to find the second, SECOND fucking town, he didn't want to play it anymore. Then he put in another that apparently has an old play of mine on it where I was about halfway through and he plays that one constantly when he's not playing stupid mobile games. Kids now just want shit handed to them.
>>
>>24979956
>just stop bitching about how easy it is when you choose to use those things.

Why?

Jesus you people are retarded. By this logic you can't call any game easy EVER because you can just arbitrarily shoot yourself in the foot repeatedly until it's not easy. The player shouldn't be left to balance the game. That's the dev's job.

>>24979893
Read my post again
>>
>>24975749
You should really play mystery dungeon
>>
>>24979763
So the games are too easy, but too hard if you have to switch pokemon to grind, which you shouldn't have to do because the game is too easy?
This is you. This is how stupid you sound.
>>
>>24980033
At the end of the day pokemon is for children you dumb fuck, if you as an adult want a challenge than yes, it IS up to you to make it more challenging. Devs don't care how easy it is because of their target audience, the closest they've come to acknowledging older players was gen 5's sloppily executed challenge mode. If this game were made for adults you'd be completely right, but it's for kids and always has been.
>>
>>24973952
Honestly, I play every pokemon game like i'm doing a "lowest level challenge", which basically means that i'm trying to beat the elite four with the lowest leveled team that I can possibly use to win. I use a 6 team party, don't do any in grass griding, don't use exp-share, and don't use megas. difficulty problem fix'd!
>>
>>24975603
Back in my day I played the shit out of tales of symphonia, the oracle of seasons and ages games, and resident evil 4. Now my nephew goes to play any of those and he gets bored ten minutes in because buildings arent exploding and people arent being ripped apart.
>>
File: tumblr_m4wqgofzSa1rs1aa4o2_500.gif (8 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4wqgofzSa1rs1aa4o2_500.gif
8 KB, 500x500
>>24973952
>no guys you don't get it, back in the day Pokemon games were totally challenging! I lost like a million times to Whitey's epic miltank, which was definitely because the game was hard and not because I was too stupid to deal with it! New Pokemon is fake and gay, and trivial difficulty has totally not been a franchise staple!
>>
>>24980476
>Now my nephew goes to play any of those and he gets bored ten minutes in because buildings arent exploding and people arent being ripped apart.
Which perfectly explains the irony in today's video games market in the West.
>>
>>24973962
>p-pokemon games aren't getting easier guys! You just need to do this arbitrary self-imposed challenge
Here's the best solution: Do a Tackle-only run.
>>
>>24980608
Or an unevolved early-route com-mon only (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Patrat, or Bunnelby) run.

Said unevolved early-route com-mon is the only one allowed on your team, and the only one that is allowed to battle.
>>
What kind of idiot moron thinks pokemon was ever hard + also still plays them. No shit games to sell toys to children are too easy for you, darkly enlightened 30 year old red piller.
>>
Really?
>>
>>24973952
Solution: Turn the Exp. share off, turn the battle mode to "Set" instead of "Switch", and use a mono-Grass team. Shit was pretty tough.
>>
>HURR DA GAMES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN JUST AS EASY! IT DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

>meanwhile
>>24979154
>>
>>24980656
>and use a mono-Grass team.
I feel like for the longest time Grass and Poison learnsets were made with stall in mind.
>>
>>24981207
That was just bad game design. HG/SS wasn't legitimately challenging.
>>
>>24981234
>Leech Seed
>Draining attacks
>Status powders
>>
>>24981234
And then you have speedy glass cannons like Sceptile.
>>
>>24981241
bad game design because you have to legitimately think your way around the E4 instead of going in over leveled or being spoonfed pokemon to mindlessly grind on?
>>
>>24973952
The only thing wrong with Reshiram and Zekrom at the end of BW is that they stomp the last 2 bosses too easily. Otherwise you can get them literally only at the very end of the main game, where they actually matter from a plot standpoint, but you can still freely choose not to use them unlike fucking Rayquaza in ORAS.

>>24975747
You're fucking genius. Too bad GameFreak is too goddamn lazy and inconsiderate of any part of their fanbase that isn't little shits that hardly even buy these games nowadays.

BW for how short they were genuinely felt like the actually cared about young and old players.
>>
>>24974456
>Grinding makes kids and casuals lose interest.

Me too. We've been playing this game since 1999 for fuck's sake, guys. It gets old.
>>
who the hell cares how easy single player, non-battle facilities are?

That stuff is just the road you take to get to the good stuff. It's SUPPOSED to be less frustrating
>>
>>24981304

>out-think the E4

which isn't viable when you're twenty fucking levels beneath them
>>
>>24981413
so now you're admitting the old games WERE hard? LOL
>>
>>24981424

there's difficulty, and there's poor design and progression

guess what HGSS's low level curve is
>>
>>24981241
It really was. It hurts to realize how bad Gen II truly was all along.

Hell, the only real reasons I even pick it up is just how gorgeous everything looks in HGSSm especially Goldenrod and Ecruteak and playing Pokeathalon for hours straight.
>>
>>24979763
yeah
complaining that what is basically easy mode in item form makes the game easy is just fucking stupid
>>
>>24980535
My point exactly bro
>>
File: shocking truth.jpg (90 KB, 424x400) Image search: [Google]
shocking truth.jpg
90 KB, 424x400
pokemon games in order of difficulty

OG red/blue>emerald>gold/silver>literally everything else is ez casual shit

also why are people complaining about the nerfed gym leaders when they did the same for fire red and leaf green?
>>
>>24981241
I picked up HG after not playing the originals forever and got my shit wrecked by the gym leaders in kanto

I can't fucking beat that guy with the raichu
>>
>>24984270
>OG red/blue

Difficult? Red and Blue?

Brock without a rock move?
5 surfs to defeat Giovanni?
Diglett destroying Surge?
Psychic type being broken?
Dig basically detroying everything including Gengars and Weezings

etc, etc etc. Red and Blue are one of the easiest
>>
>>24984276
any pokemon game is easy if you know how pokemon works to the levels people on here do

which pokemon game would you say is harder then?
>>
Hi. I'm a new player.

I have to confess, yesterday I got sweeped by Brock. (Leaf Green) Onix rock tombed my entire party.

I then levelled my team and went again against him. Brock then only used Tackle with Onix.

I dunno about newer games difficulty, but I would rather that the AI always use the best move. Rock Tomb was awesome, it was kinda sad seeing him using Tackle.
>>
>>24973952

For real though, when Pokemon games become difficult they are more of a pain in the ass that makes you grind and abuse potions more than they become fun. If you want serious, difficult, strategy based gameplay then play online vs other people. The pokemon battle system sucks fucking ass for PvE gameplay. Anything difficult offline won't be overcome by you "getting gud" or anything like that, you'll just end up spending a lot more time killing wilds for extra level ups and spend a lot more money on revives.

Prove me wrong.

Though I do agree that they should at least try a little harder with some of the trainer movesets, and really there is no reason for most gym leaders to not use held items at least.
>>
>>24984287

Yes, but mass breeding for IVs, just like grinding is a pain.
>>
>>24984289

Well if you want my opinion on IV's they should just be removed from the game. I'm pretty sure everyone except fucking losers would agree with me on that, I still don't fuck with IV's and I never will. They provide nothing to the game except extra time wasting bullshit and the only reason more people don't hate on them is because such a large part of the pokemon audience doesn't know about them/doesn't take the PvP seriously.

And you shouldn't take the PvP seriously anyways, I love these games and there is absolutely a lot of strategy involved in pokemon battles, so I am not shitting on them too hard. But the amount of RNG in these games can be very stupid sometimes and I wish gamefreak would work to change or evolve the battle system away from RNG. Though I know they never will because they don't want or care for a true competitive experience.

>Use fire blast
>Whether or not I miss is RNG
>Whether or not it burns is RNG
>Whether or not it crits is RNG
>>
>>24984309
games like poker and blackjack are rng yet they're some of the most competitive sports in the world

RNG is not the end all be all of whether something can be competitive or not, i do agree that IVs need to go though
>>
>>24984285
>losing to brock when 2/3 starter choices give you a type advantage AND you can catch a mankey or nidoran before even entering pewter city
>>
>>24984309
>>24984287

And a few more things on Pokemon since I'm killing time and I'm on a roll.

One thing you could do OP to make the games more difficult and fun is to not use HM slaves, that's what I did the last time I played through a game and I liked it quite a lot, I'll do it from now on. I kept all HM's on my main party up until I beat the game, the limited movesets required a bit of extra strategy, also when you're roleplaying a little bit which I imagine most people do, HM slaves are just lame as fuck if you think about actually using them if you were on a pokemon adventure.

>>24984314

I'm not going to shit on Poker or Blackjack, but I still don't think RNG has a place in pokemon. We are 6 generations into this shit and the 7th gen is starting soon, there has to be a better way to do crits, misses, and bonus effects. I guarentee you both you and me could think of a better, more fun way if we really tried, Game Freak absolutely could if they wanted to.
>>
>>24984315

Heh, just entering into Pokémon.

I got Charmander and tried spamming Metal Claw, but it didn't do much damage. It went 'super effective' but he lost like 1/5 life. I then read that Onix had a lot of physical DEF.

Mankey was damaged from the previous fight (I thought it would be unrealistic to go back after entering the gym), so Onix quickly fainted him.

I didn't stop to grind much and I was levelling every Pokémon that had, so Mankey was level 10. Charmander was the most levelled at 13, but that was because he was my main character (whenever a weak Pokémon fought I would switch over him for shared EXP).
>>
>>24973952
Said no one ever. At least for the main games.

The only games bucking the trend are the PMD spinoffs.
>>
>>24981207
>a retarded faggot can't win the easiest game in the series
>this means it's hard
>>
>>24981371
>Otherwise you can get them literally only at the very end of the main game, where they actually matter from a plot standpoint, but you can still freely choose not to use them unlike fucking Rayquaza in ORAS.
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>24981371
>they stomp the last 2 bosses too easily
If only there wasn't a certain Hydreigon that can easily take 'em out...
>>
>>24973952
>the gym leader's levels getting nerfed

Stopped reading there. I bet you didn't even play the game, you fucking memester faggotron
>>
>>24984309
>use powerful move
>expect 100% accuracy
>>
>>24985145

Did you really think that what you just said relates to what I said? Because it doesn't.
>>
Literally who cares. You're playing a game that is, was, and always will be made for seven year olds.

No part of pokemon has ever been hard unless you purposefully gimp yourself.

From your replies, you're clearly just trying to stir up shit, but if you honestly think that R/B/Y take any more skill to beat than X/Y, you're completely deluded.
>>
>>24981371
But you only have to use Rayquaza for two fights.
>>
>>24981371
>but you can still freely choose not to use them unlike

You don't even get rayquaza until the end of the delta episode. Did you even play the game?
>>
>>24985129
Did YOU play the game? They did get nerfed.
>>
>>24973952
>actually wanting your games to be difficult and time consuming

Gee, OP, it's like you don't have any constructive hobbies.
>>
>>24985170
> but if you honestly think that R/B/Y take any more skill to beat than X/Y

RBY DOES take more skill to beat though because the game doesn't overlevel you and you're not handed legendaries on a platter.

The games have always been easy? Yes.
The games have always been JUST as easy? No. People can't seem to make this distinction.
>>
File: lost levels.png (47 KB, 721x341) Image search: [Google]
lost levels.png
47 KB, 721x341
>>24985790
>>
>>24985998
Great, now look at Roxanne and Brawly, where the player ISN'T overleveled by the exp share yet.

The later Gym Leaders being 1 level higher doesn't fucking mean anything if they're way low relative to the player compared to the originals.
>>
>>24986063
>now look at Roxanne and Brawly
Why don't you look at Tate&Liza and Wallace, or the E4, instead?

>using the Exp.Share
Heh.
>>
>>24985998
Nice try? Now take Exp share and make new comparison. Or just kill yourself already.
>>
>>24985931

Are you retarded?
>>
>>24986192
>spew bullshit
>gets proven wrong
>K-KILL YOURSELF ALREADY
Amazing.
>>
>>24986164
>Why don't you look at Tate&Liza and Wallace, or the E4, instead?

Why don't you look at Roxanne and Brawly instead?

>not using the Exp Share
>purposely shooting yourself in the foot because you're a GF apologist
Heh.

>>24985931
I hope this is a false flag. Go back to playing your mobile Facebook games.
>>
File: Echo Chamber.jpg (98 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Echo Chamber.jpg
98 KB, 640x360
>>24986429
>Why don't you look at these earlygame trainers that support my argument instead of these lategame trainers detrimental to my argument?
Nice diversion
>having enough self-control not to use an item that makes grinding quicker is shooting yourself in the foot
Oh wait, you're just caught in an echo chamber.

>>24985931 probably WAS a falseflag though.
>>
>>24986462
>>Why don't you look at these endgame trainers that support my argument instead of these earlygame trainers detrimental to my argument?
Nice diversion ;)

>Oh wait, you're just caught in an echo chamber.
nah. I just don't penalizing myself in video games just to balance the game. That's the dev's job.
>>
File: phoebe.jpg (468 KB, 2340x630) Image search: [Google]
phoebe.jpg
468 KB, 2340x630
>>24986480
>I just don't penalizing myself in video games just to balance the game. That's the dev's job.
But you didn't use it for four consecutive generations. Why are you having this irresistible impulse of using it now?
>>
>>24986507
>But you didn't use it for four consecutive generations

I did though. It just that in those generations it was actually balanced and let me control which Pokemon got EXP better. In gen 6 it's all or nothing with no inbetween, which is retarded.
>>
>>24986507
>prankster
>has only attacking moves
GF, what the fuck.
>>
>>24986545
At least there's a reason for her to have Mega Saleye instead of Banette the JUST-tier Mega.

Audino is "At least I have Doubles" tier and Blastoise is "At least I have Triples" tier.
>>
>>24986526
How did you use the Exp.All in gen 2, 3, 4 and 5 if it's only in gen 1 and 6? You're not making any sense.
>>
>>24974021
idk why games don't have a hard and easy mode built in. Hard mode would up the gym levels and add more pokemon trainer, and more pokemon to the gym leader. Why can't this be a thing without having to play emulated versions of the game
>>
>>24979909
Get out.
>>
>>24986629

Do as Skyrim: Gym's leaders are always:

> X levels greater than your average level Pokémon team
> highest level Pokémon on team*0,9 plus X levels depending on difficulty

Whichever is higher, rounded up. Final gym Pokémon receives an additional X levels.
>>
I was playing through White recently and it was a lot harder than XY. Or less easy.
>>
>>24986629
Having to do this for every single battle would take up a fair bit of time and effort, especially if it was anything more complex than 'these guys are higher levelled'.

I agree in general, but having a toggleable 'easy mode' in the form of EXP Share is a decent compromise. I just wish there was a way to use the old EXP Share to help boost one guy up rather than all of them.

The problem is more that EXP 'multiplies' rather than 'divides' in Gen 6, so using multiple Pokemon in a fight massively increases your EXP yield even without EXP share on. It makes levelling up a shitmon way less miserable, though, so...
>>
>>24973952
How many trainers in X actually had more than 3 pokemon, a dozen maybe?
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.