[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Colosseum and Gale of Darkness are the best written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 1438448922647.jpg (65 KB, 737x758) Image search: [Google]
1438448922647.jpg
65 KB, 737x758
Reminder that Colosseum and Gale of Darkness are the best written stories ever seen in a Pokemon Game.

Reminder that Black and White had terrible stories that take the whole concept of Pokemon way too seriously. The only people who think they're good are retards and underage who perceive them to be good based on their complexity relative to previous entries in the series.

Reminder that it doesn't make sense to keep Pokemon exclusively handheld, and with the advent of online, it makes sense to develop a game for a console.
>>
>>24954562
>Reminder that it doesn't make sense to keep Pokemon exclusively handheld, and with the advent of online, it makes sense to develop a game for a console.
Pokémon sells better on handheld systems dumbass.
>>
Ok
>>
>>24954570
That doesn't mean it should be exclusively handheld you fucking idiot.

No better way to spot an underage like yourself than seeing abysmal comprehension.
>>
File: 1433269815472.jpg (21 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
1433269815472.jpg
21 KB, 186x186
>Es Cade reveals himself as Evice
blew me away tbH
>>
What is the purpose of this thread?
>>
>>24954596
My guess? You might be 16 years old, no more.
>>
>>24954562
Reminder that Hey, You, Pikachu and Snap were console and had awful stories.
>>
>>24954562
>BW had a bad story becuz i sed so
>waah why is Pokemon only handhelds

Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>24954562
>Reminder that it doesn't make sense to keep Pokemon exclusively handheld, and with the advent of online, it makes sense to develop a game for a console.
Handhelds work well in Japan because the country is small and everything is close together. Western sensibilities about the value of online play generally don't concern eastern developers.
>>
>>24954692
Not to mention that it's called Pocket Monsters for a reason. Putting mainline games on the home console pretty much defeats the whole "pocket" part.
>>
>>24954692
>Western sensibilities about the value of online play generally don't concern eastern developers.
And this is precisely what's killing Nintendo.
>>
>>24954562
MODS

GENWAR THREAD

MODS

Black/White is shit
>>
>>24954839
>this meme again
>>
Been playing sicne Genwun was released when I was in kindergarten.

BW have the greatest story of all the games.
BW2 are the top entries in the series, overall.
Gen V a best.
>>
>>24954700

And Advance Wars had just as many games on the DS as it did on the Advance. Plus, before the GBA, it went by Famicon Wars.

All they'd have to do is call it Pokemon: Console edition. They could even go the Sm4sh route to avoid having to come up with a new version naming theme, and give us 3DS version and Wii U version.
>>
>>24954675
Not OP, but BW did have an indisputably terrible story.
>>
>>24956580
but muh ideals
>>
>>24954839
Everything after gen 2 is bad!
Still playable and I want more, but it's bad!
Rawr rawr rawr
Reeeeee
ALL CAPS NOW!
>>
>>24956580
>muh opinions are facts
>indisputably becuz i sed so

Shut the fuck up. It never ends with you obnoxious contrarian faggots.
>>
>>24956652
You go onto so many threads and use the word contrarian way too much.
No matter what we say it will be contrarian to you because you're a foggot. Learn a new word, dick.
>>
I would enjoy having the concept of Shadow Pokemon brought back into the games, but much more powerful than they were back then. All Shadow Moves are super effective as well and those Pokemon have superior stats when they are in a foe's hands because they use a special Shadow Stone that empowers it. (you cannot acquire said stone)
It would be a nice opposition to the Mega-Evolution, especially since Shadow Pokemon cannot progress whereas Mega-Evolution are the final stage of Pokemon.
>>
>>24954562
>Reminder that Colosseum and Gale of Darkness are the best written stories ever seen in a Pokemon Game.
>what is Mystery Dungeon spin-off
>>
>>24956727
Plot point of the games: you are on a normal Pokemon adventure with a Pokemon that you are given by a Professor, asking you to deliver it to the other side of the world. However, halfway through a plot-centered game, you are taken by surprise and the Pokemon gets kidnapped. You meet said Pokemon later, at its final stage and in Shadow form, and you are forced to fight against it.
>>
>>24956735
Decent stories with bad dialogue and terrible gameplay.
>>
File: Euphoric Lawyer.jpg (21 KB, 259x192) Image search: [Google]
Euphoric Lawyer.jpg
21 KB, 259x192
>>24954562
Ebin
>>
>>24956752
>terrible gameplay
>what is Super

bad dialogue is bad?
>>
>>24956785
Haven't played Super because I didn't like Explorers.
If they improved the dungeon gameplay, then good.
Yes, poorly written dialogue is bad.
>>
>>24956681
I see faggots like you shitting on something legitimately good with plenty of reasons for lots of people liking it all the time on this shithole. Whether it be a Pokemon, a feature, a movie, a character or even just a track simply because it's not your preference yet you call it shit anyways, try and force it at fact most of the time when the majority likes it and can give plenty of non fanboy reasons why. I'm not obligated to put up with this kind of mindless drooling bullshit and neither is anyone else who just wants to talk about Pokemon.

Kill yourself. As long as I can get any kind of entertainment at all out of this godforsaken containment board I'll vainly try to maintain some semblance of quality to discuss shit properly even as it hilariously continues to burn down without becoming ashes.
>>
File: 1441640500371.jpg (59 KB, 381x424) Image search: [Google]
1441640500371.jpg
59 KB, 381x424
>>24956752
>terrible gameplay

Made me reply/10
>>
Nintendo's consoles are shit. Their handhelds are still decent and actually manage to make respectable sales figures. /thread
>>
>>24956827
The dungeons were all boring. Find the stairs before you get hungry is boring.
>>
>>24956568
BW is calco-copied from Mother 3.
>>
>>24957067
>generalizing
>i don't enjoy it, so no one else possibly could

Fuck off already.
>>
>>24956820
It wasn't legitimately good.
Anytime anyone says something against gen 5, whether it's a well organized list of points or a vulgar jab, the fandom comes in and cries about it like you're doing now. The stories are juvenile, cliché, and overly emotional, the region is bland, there aren't any battle mechanic improvements or improvements in general. Seasons are interesting, but the game isn't long enough to see them change. The pokemon designs are unoriginal and uninspired. BW has 2 normal gyms and the champion is post game only. The game constantly stops you from advancing until you chase Plasma out of the town you're currently in. The handholding and forced linear progression make it a chore to advance the game.
>>
>>24957208
I didn't say no one could enjoy them. I just said it's boring. Boring is an opinion word. The dungeons are repetitive and generic. I thought they were boring.
>>
>>24957222
>the stories were juvenile, cliché and overly emotional
Already seeing bias.

>the Pokemon designs are unoriginal and uninspired
And I already know now your opinions aren't worth shit with the same beaten to death claim that's been debunked everytime. BW's only severe flaws were Unova being too small and the roadblocks. Now fuck off.
>>
>>24957251
>debunked
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.