[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you make teams for ingame, do you allow yourself to repeat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: Red_Hall_of_Fame_PO.png (605 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Red_Hall_of_Fame_PO.png
605 KB, 1280x720
When you make teams for ingame, do you allow yourself to repeat types, or does every single Pokemon have to be completely unique?
>>
>>24949262
Depends honestly. I had three steel types in B2 (Lucario, Magnezone and Excadrill) and three Water types in AS (Swampert, Milotic and Walrein) but usually i rather dont duplictae types
>>
I try not to repeat types but if it feels right I go with it
>>
>>24949262
Usually I try not to repeat types, but damnit I wanted Blaziken and Breloom in ORAS since they are both my bros.
>>
>>24949262
I try to avoid it typically. I'm fine with maybe one or two overlapping types, if the overlapping Pokemon are duel types with other, unique types, but for the most part I try to avoid it.

There are exceptions, but not many.
>>
Nothing feels quite as nice as having twelve different types on your team
>>
>>24949262
Mostly unique while roaming.
For gyms I prefer to have a team specific to that gym's type.
My current Red team is
Arcanine
Lapras
Exeggutor
Dragonair
Zapdos
Rhyhorn
I just beat Koga for my 5th badge and I'm sailing towards Articuno.
>>
>>24949262
I only use my starter.
>>
>>24949262

Depends.

When I did a Heart Gold playthrough, I had two Dragons and two Flying types by the end.

One of my X playthroughs, I had 3 grass types.

Most of the time I just pick who I want to, and if the types overlap, so be it, it's just that they have to have different functions such as if I have two Fire types for example, one will be a physical attacker and one will be a special attacker.
>>
What the fuck is with pokemon canon anyways, does Red have a Charizard, a Venusaur, or all three Kanto starters?
>>
>>24950689
A Charizard, because he is named "Red"
>>
>>24950689
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>24950699

But I am pretty sure in the manga he has a bulbasaur. I dont read the manga.

And in the games he has all 3.
>>
>>24950705
Red in the manga isn't the same Red that appears in the game.
>>
>>24950709

>manga canon
>game canon
>Anime canon
>Origins canon

Why is this allowed? Red isn't even a character, hes just like a general concept of a guy since they are so stupid with this shit.
>>
>>24950717
That's mostly because Red is kind of a non-character in the source material, so every adaption has to make up a personality for him.
>>
>>24949262
if two pokemon have dual typing or do different things i don't care i'll use both
>>
If I really want to use two Pokemon I let secondary types overlap.
>>
>>24950689
>What the fuck is with pokemon canon anyways, does Red have a Charizard, a Venusaur, or all three Kanto starters?
Everything is canon as declared by ORAS.
Red (manga) starts with Bulbasaur, but trades his Venusaur to Green for his Charizard. Blue picks Blastoise and she still has it.
Red (GSC HGSS) has all 3 starters.
Red (RBY FRLG) is a concept without a truly defined team
>>
Two of the same type is fine, any more is overdoing it
>>
types, color scheme, shape...
and of course they should be capable in pvp
i'm dead inside
>>
>>24952044
Manga Red has his Venusaur again. They traded back.
>>
>>24949274
/thread

If the repeat type is secondary I might
>>
>>24949262
doesn't really matter although having 3 things with the same typing is a little redundant unless it's flying or something
>>
>>24952969
Nice. Good to know. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>24952044
You forgot to mention Origins Red, who has Charizard.
>>
>>24949262
triple weakness to elektrik type? disgusting.
>>
>>24954994
Actually 4x weakness
>>
>>24954994
you think that's gross? 4 of his dudes are weak to rocks
>>
>>24955029
wtf, how did he win the league
>>
Sometimes I do monotypes for my first playthrough to make it hard and fit the "aspiring gym leader" theme, but when I'm not doing that I try to end up with no overlaps.

The exceptions are the time I used Breloom and Cacturne and the time I used Slowpoke and Slowbro.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.