[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon the first movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
527 KB, 1920x1080
Who else here is old enough to remember seeing pokemon the first movie in the cinemas?
>>
We don't Pokemon on the cinemas here.
>>
File: bowiedreambulge.jpg (41 KB, 480x468) Image search: [Google]
bowiedreambulge.jpg
41 KB, 480x468
>>24948378
be careful, those underagefags might give you shit for being a genwunner.

Any pokemon numbered 151 or lower is cancer after all
>>
>>24948416
I didn't start playing Pokemon until Gen III, but I saw the first Pokemon movie in theaters. Not all of our parents were cool with vidya.

Also, you sound like an idiot, my friend.
>>
File: slowpoke-sonic.jpg (62 KB, 718x713) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke-sonic.jpg
62 KB, 718x713
>>24948459
>>
>>24948378
I don't think I got very involved with Pokemon until 2002-ish, when I was in the second grade. My older brother introduced me to emulation and that is how I got into Pokemon, unfortunately.
>>
>>24948494
Pretty cool anon.
>>
>Birthday party
>Parents go all out
>Rent out local theater
>They give them a discount because little kid bday
>See pokemon the movie in theaters with my class
>>
I remember getting those pokemon cards ( special edition electrabuzz or something). Movie was pretty good desu.
>>
>>24948378

Who are these dudes?

Also, I had the VCD of the movie because they didn't air it in theaters where I live, I think.
>>
>>24948416
>pulling the underage card
Shit like that and being almost as hypocritical as PETA is why normal Gen 1 fans get ragged on as much as the blind genwunners.
>>
File: MS002.png (737 KB, 580x858) Image search: [Google]
MS002.png
737 KB, 580x858
>>24948378
Saw the first three in theaters as a kid. To be desu, I remember the hype for 2000 being higher. Then again I can say that for Gen 2 as a whole.
Although out of the three, I'd say hypest was the digimon movie
>>
>>24948378
It was the hype of 6th grade.
>>
Me.
Went to see it with my best buddy at the time.

Got that ancient mew card, too.
>>
File: AMII.jpg-original.jpg (84 KB, 410x546) Image search: [Google]
AMII.jpg-original.jpg
84 KB, 410x546
It's actually a pretty bad movie.
>>
>>24948378
The first movie I dragged my mother to see when I was five, and she's never forgiven me for that.

The second one I remember being hype as fuck for thanks to the Ancient Mew Card. Same with the third with the promotional Entei card.

I watched the first 5 pokemon movies in theatres, I remember thinking I missed seeing the Jirachi movies in theatres when I saw it on DVD. It's never really been the same to watch a pokemon movie since Pokemon heroes, honestly.
>>
File: 800px-Alto_Mare_Sunset.png (380 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
800px-Alto_Mare_Sunset.png
380 KB, 800x450
>>24954214
>Although the main anime switched its animation process to digital animation, this film, along with the entirety of the Advanced Generation series movies were still made with inked-and-painted cels. ~Bulbapedia Trivia section for Heroes.

Maybe it's a personal thing, but I have a higher amount of respect for the old school animation style. When something is done by hand, there's that little bit of extra care that goes behind each project. I think that's why the films hold up a little better than the main series. That extra care with hand-drawn animation can sometimes make its way into the other aspects of the film such as story and dialog, and lead to a better movie experience overall.

Take pic related. Does it look really flashy? No. Does it have to? No. Does it look like it was made with care? Hell yeah it does, and that's what makes the difference. Caring about the film, not just using it as a yearly, flashy cash-cow, is why the early films still hold up. Baring the english dub of the first couple of movies, but I digress. They're still fun to watch.
>>
>>24948416
I'm 33 and I think Gen1 is the worst gen of all.
>>
>>24948416
By the time I was introduced to Pokemon, the bandwagon had already left and the remaining fans considered the games to be the main series rather than the show, but I can say this:
>Gen 1 games are just fine to play for fun or nostalgia value
>From a critical viewpoint, however, the Gen 1 mainline games are glitchy garbage
>The Gen 1 fanbase is notorious for stating their opinions as facts and being fallacious as hell
>>
Yes.

Only good thing about it was the short at the beginning. Even as a kid, I new it was stupid, but I still liked it.

Though I kinda still wish we could have gotten the stories of all those other trainers that showed up. I'm sure they had their adventures and were most likely all more competent and interesting than Ash.
>>
File: 29307-b-pokemon-3-the-movie.jpg (101 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
29307-b-pokemon-3-the-movie.jpg
101 KB, 600x800
>>24954413
>>24954413
*knew

*their OWN adventures

Forgot to mention that the my favorite is Spell of the Unown because it's a better Silent Hill movie than the actual Silent Hill movie.
>>
I didn't get to see it in theaters because my parents didn't wanna take me

;_;
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.