[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not enough Pokémon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 721 Pokémon.jpg (77 KB, 651x500) Image search: [Google]
721 Pokémon.jpg
77 KB, 651x500
I wanted a thousands Pokémon. Instead, we only get 72 Pokémon. Making the total, 721 known Pokémon.
>>
>>24947394
all those megas count as "new" pokémon too you know. they just aren't assigned a dex number.
>>
man the Pokedexes in XY and ORAS are some dumb looking shit
>>
post moar pokedexes
>>
>>24947421
Fuck you they look better then some tomagatchi pokenav shit
>>
>>24947407
I know this is true since the game data does consider Megas to be their own individual Pokemon, but fuck it. Kalos only gave us 72 real new Pokemon and though that Megas would make up for the rest when it didn't. Fucking JewFreak ripped us off.
>>
>>24947407
>all those megas count as "new" pokémon too you know

no they don't. they're the same pokemon. I don't count Unown as 28 Pokemon or Rotom as six Pokemon either.
>>
>>24947467
XY Pokedex is some futuristic hologram bullshit that is the definition of everything that is wrong with the aesthetic of Pokemon after GS not trying to be a nostalgiafag I just hate all this sterile futuristic bullshit that's become more and more pronounced ever since Crystal

ORAS isn't inherently bad but it being a blatant GBA look-alike is pretty tacky
>>
File: Gold_Silver_Ethan_Time_Capsule.png (71 KB, 326x504) Image search: [Google]
Gold_Silver_Ethan_Time_Capsule.png
71 KB, 326x504
>>24947605
I hope you know that GSC had futuristic bullshit too.
>>
File: Pokégear_GSC.png (155 KB, 304x400) Image search: [Google]
Pokégear_GSC.png
155 KB, 304x400
>>24947605
>>24947703
Hell, the Pokégear itself was a really futuristic concept.
>>
>>24947703
There's a difference between things that are futuristic - like a time machine or the healing device in Centers - and the sort of sterile aesthetics that have a slight presence in the more recent games. But really it's just my own dumb nitpicking, since it mostly just applies to the feel of the Pokemon Centers since RS, but there's also shit like the hologram screen roadsigns in XY and the Pokedex that bug me.

Also, cell phones were already quite widespread in Japan at the time GS came out. Crystal as you probably know could even trade "online" by hooking up your GBC to a cell phone in the Japanese version.
>>
>>24947561
All forms that have their own unique stats/types are separate in the game data, like Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist, or Floette and Eternal Floette. It doesn't make them separate Pokemon. Megas are just forms with a new spin and limited to once per party.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.