[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Grass type is severely underpowered. Let's fix it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
The Grass type is severely underpowered. Let's fix it.

Grass should resist every type and be effective against every type.

>Normal
What the fuck is a Tackle gonna do to a tree?
>Fighting
Punching a thorn is never a good idea.
>Poison
Plants can absorb toxins from water (a method of pollution control).
>Water
Plants absorb water.
>Fire
Certain plants need fire to germinate their seeds.
>Grass
Plants can grow off of trees.
>Ice
Plants can hibernate during the Winter.
>Electric
Plants have protection from the ground with nullifies electricity.
>Dragon
Reptiles need plants (habitat) to survive.
>Ground
Plants spread their roots through the ground.
>Rock
Plants can grow over rocks.
>Flying
Birds live in trees.
>Psychic
Nature helps a broken mind heal.
>Ghost
You can't scare a plant.
>Dark
You can't fool a plant.
>Fairy
Fairies coexist with nature
>Bug
Crops such as corn need to be pollinated.
>Steel
Tree roots damage metal pipes.
>>
File: 1451871411771.jpg (167 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451871411771.jpg
167 KB, 1000x1000
>>
Make all grass types capable of learning the ultimate move: hyper beam.
>>
>>24940226
Hyper Beam can already be learned by every fully evolved Pokémon...
>>
>>24940238
>Wobbuffet
>>
>>24940238
>Ditto
>>
>>24940279
>>24940439
>almost all fully evolved Pokemon
>>
>>24940047
No.
>>
>>24940047
Correct
>>
>>24940028
The squirrel is ugly as sin. A gay piece of shit that needs to die out and go extinct. There is Bulbasaur, but then there is this awful piece of shit. Its not worth anything. I could take two dumps and the resulting feces are worth more than anything that goddamn rodent could offer. It has nothing to offer to begin with besides a clear example of ADHD and autism. Every squirrel killed still isn't a good squirrel, because then we have to deal with a corpse. A corpse that has nothing to offer. A pig can provide meat. A chicken can provide more meat. A sea otter can provide an exotic fur coat. A penguin can lay eggs for feeding. A turtle can be used for soup. And a crocodile can create some nice boots. But this shitskin squirrel? Not even its shit is worth it. If I wanted chunky and nutty, I'd buy some Skippy.
I fucking love Bidoof.
>>
>>24940747
You stupid son of bitch.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63 KB, 887x901) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63 KB, 887x901
>>24940028
>The Grass type is severely underpowered
At least this part is right. I think Ice is worse, but Grass could use some help.

Giving Grass one more resistance would go a long way in balancing it. Presently, it has five weaknesses and four resistances. You want those numbers to be even, since they're uneven on all of the really defensively weak and strong types (for example, Water and Steel have resistances that outweigh their weaknesses, while Poison, Ice, and Grass have the opposite). I think that adding resistance to Rock would help Grass-types a lot without making them too strong, or making Rock moves too weak. It also makes enough in-universe sense.

Grass-type moves are also pretty weak, given they're super-effective on three types, but resisted by six types. The character of Grass offense, though, is to annoy with status moves and provide support, so that balances it out a little. Still, I think they could use one more super-effective type of hit. From a gameplay point of view, Fairy and Steel both make sense to me. Maybe Fairy a little more so, since having a bunch of resistances it a big part of the Steel type's character.
>>
>>24941129
>I think that adding resistance to Rock would help Grass-types a lot
no. not rock. rock is already pretty bad as it is. make them resist fairy as it both boosts grass and also nerfs the new "Dragon" OP type a bit
>>
>>24940047
Almost perfect opinion.

>>24941064
Yeah I think that pachirisu is the worst pikaclone as well but it doesn't have to do anything to do with grass type, anon.
>>
>>24941144
>rock is already pretty bad as it is
I'd agree when it comes to defense, but I think Rock's a pretty strong offensive type. It's got good neutral coverage and hits the right things super-effectively. Stone Edge and Stealth Rock are both extremely common still, and being able to switch in on them could help Grass-types a lot more than it would harm anything having to do with Rock.

And I think it would be more appropriate to balance Fairy with more type weaknesses than it would be to take away a neutral hit. I don't think Fairy is an overpowered offensive type. Fairy-type monsters are strong because of their stats, moves, abilities, and/or second types that cover their exotic weaknesses.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.