[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Origin and remakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: vlcsnap-2013-10-11-00h05m52s23.png (153 KB, 704x384) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-10-11-00h05m52s23.png
153 KB, 704x384
I heard a rumor of Pokemon getting a reboot in the fashion of Origins. Which would be so much better.
Just follow the damn Manga and do it right.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (6 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
6 KB, 250x141
Ohy god my dick would explode
>>
>>24939062
i feel like it's too complicated for any anime studio to do this cause they always skew off from the original. I mean they did this with like everything else. See Bleach and naruto
>>
>>24939003
>My dad works at gamefreak and totally told me...

I hope its true though
>>
but the manga is shit.
>>
>>24939250
no, i wish, that would be awesome. I'm not Asian.

>>24939259
and the anime isn't?
>>
File: image.png (582 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
582 KB, 1280x720
>>24939003
>follow the manga
>all gym leaders/E4 members are now evil

Not sure whether or not I like this to be honest family
>>
If they do another Origins, it will only be a commercial for Mega X2 Charizard
>>
The manga is too bad to serve as source material alone. It has some ideas to draw on, though.

I want a a remade series, with more mature content, in the same animated style as origins. The source material is a mix of games (very loosely), manga and OC created by some good writers. Of course, the game content adapted has to be adjusted for a more mature audience. It can explore events mentioned in the games that never got fleshed out. The volcanic eruption on Cinnabar Island. Keep the essentials of villainous teams, but change them somewhat, i.e, Team Rocket is now Rocket Corp, a mafia organization disguised as a legitimate holding company, owned by a very private, yet powerful pokemon trainer turned business man. They specialize in several fields such as private security (a thinly veiled shell for Giovanni's private army) and pokemon genetic research. Giovanni wants "everything".

It follows a combination of the game and manga timelines, focusing on characters from these mediums, with emphasis on a rival duo/trio. A few seasons are spent establishing characters, exploring regions. After Kanto, Hoenn, Johto and Sinnoh has had their storylines completed, the characters start moving across regions, and they start meeting each other.

Season 1: Kanto, Red, Blue, throw Leaf into the mix. Main plot: Red's rise to power. Team Rocket is a major plotline too.

Season finale: volcanic eruption that destroys Cinnabar Island. Throw Mewtwo into the mix there. Red saves most of the civilian population, but "exiles" himself. Blue starts the Viridian Gym after Giovanni disbanded most of his operations and disappeared.

Season 2: Hoenn. Two main plotlines: Brendan and May rivalry, all out war between Team Aqua and Team Magma (climax). The season gradually builds up to a point where they have gained the power of one box legend each, using it to spread terror in order to gain control of the region. Give them some less retarded ambitions than in the game.
>>
anything that's not the ashnime is welcomed
>>
>>24939492

Season 3 and 4: Johto or Sinnoh. Doesn't matter which is first. The events transpire around the same time.

Johto season: Ethan and Silver's rivalry plotline is Ethan hunting down Silver after he stole a starter pokemon (this should be kind of impossible, Silver is some sort of master criminal in the making or some shit). Ethan starts out with no clear goal in mind, other than helping Professor Elm's pokemon evolution research. But he soon develops into a very powerful trainer and dreams of collecting all 16 badges of Johto and Kanto.

After Giovanni left, some upper level Rocket executives took Rocket Corp's security branch and degenerated it into a ruthless organization. Behind the scenes, a masked man aspires to discover one of Johto's ancient legends and using it for his own gain. The masked man is a more savage and ruthless version of Giovanni.

Silver and Ethan both tries to take on this organization, but for different reasons.

Sinnoh: Rival trio of trainers all wanting to become champion. Cyrus wanting to destroy the world in order to create "perfection" in his own image.

Season 5: pick up the pieces from other seasons. Some characters go to other regions, meet up, battle it out and shit. Climax: Ethan vs Red, Blue and Silver join forces to help the professors (after a Silver redemption arc) discover a pokemon evolution mystery in Sinnoh.

Then we're moving on to BW.
>>
>>24939492
>>24939597
i hope you realize no one is reading these. but if it makes you feel better: GOOD JOB ANON!
>>
>>24939613
I'm reading them actually, some of his ideas are nice.
>>
>>24939003
The manga is much worse than the current anime, though.
>>
I read it and liked several of the ideas. Combining game and manga elements with OC could make for a great anime.

I especially liked the idea of somehow involving Red and Mewtwo in the destruction of Cinnabar. Tie it in with Fuji and a rewamped Team Rocket. Perhaps Red manages to catch it. In an effort to discover its origins they go to Cinnabar. Mewtwo can't control his power and somehow triggers an eruption. Or in a fit of rage he causes the eruption. Or Mewtwo did it all by itself, Red tried to stop it and failed. Anyway, Red is riddled with guilt over failing. He then disappears (Mt. Silver ofc).
>>
>>24939668
>the manga
>current anime
Goddamn Ashnimefags can't even do a proper comparison. Its all or nothing for both, no cherry picking cunt.
>>
>>24939910
Let's put it this way: Adventures in its current state is worse than the ashnime in its current state.

>but Tajiri and Ishihara-
Praised Adventures when there was only the RGBY chapters. Things change over time, and what applied then might not apply today.
>>
>There will never again be a pokemon movie as good as the first 2 (+celebi's and entei's if you want to push it)
>>
>>24940217
Rise of Darkrai was good nigga. But the best thing to come out of the movies is still the Origin of Mewtwo short.
>>
>>24939003
I'm hoping they make a special of GSC like Origins.
>>
>>24940131
I've never watched the show but with the current state of the manga, I think you're right. It's pretty bad. I still like the old arcs of adventures though.
>>
as long as it's not another Charizard wank off/advertisement/let's forget about the grass starter i would be down for that

heck i would have been just fine if orgins had 3 different version made and the main difference would be what starter red picked at the beginning

be instead we just got an add for more Charizard great
>>
>>24939003
Rumor is false, and I'd rather have it be a complete reboot than follow the manga. Just follow the games but change it up a bit without the repetitive stuff that the Ashnime is doing. More kinda like the B2W2 animated trailer rather than Origins.
>>
still better than anime show
>>
>>24939492
Is this pasta? Mature plot? Why would you want that edgelord?
>>
>>24944546

Doesn't have to be an edgefest just because you adjust it to appeal to someone older than 10 year olds.
>>
>>24939492
>>24939597
>Red, Blue, throw Leaf into the mix
>Ethan and Silver
You can't have theme names and have the third character not fit the theme. Either call them Green and Gold or give all five characters real names.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.