[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got Pokeflute. Should I go East route to Fushia for Safari
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: kanto.gif (125 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
kanto.gif
125 KB, 500x500
Just got Pokeflute.
Should I go East route to Fushia for Safari Zone and Koga, West route to Fushia for the same, or go to Saffron fight through Silph Co and Sabrina?
Damn you, gen 1, and your perfect non-linear gameplay.
>>
Do whatever you want because it doesn't matter
>>
>perfect non-linear gameplay
>you end getting bottlenecked back into the straight line anyway
>>
>>24937931
Pop into Saffron for the Psychic TM, fight Fighting Gym and Bike Path for mad exp.
>>
If you look at your badges, it actually shows you the suggested order of progression. I think Sabrina is after Koga, but I can't remember for sure off the top of my head.

Reminds me of a funny mistake I made in my recent playthrough: I totally skipped Saffron City. Didn't realize it until I cleared Cinnabar and got back to Viridian. I was confused as to why I couldn't fight the Viridian Gym. Quickly ran back to Saffron and cleaned everything out. Silph Co. was a joke by that point since you're not supposed to have such high-level Pokémon.

I wish the modern games had this kind of non-linearity. Kanto is one of the smallest regions in the series, and yet it feels the most authentic since you're actually traveling much of it yourself instead of being funneled into one single path.
>>
>>24937945
Got psychic and Hitmonchan before getting flute.
>>24937944
Gen 1 has most freedom of any main Pokemon game
Gen 2 has the second most
Gen 4 after that
Gens 3, 5, and 6 have no freedom whatsoever.
>>
>>24937955
I skipped Surge one time and had the same problem.
>>
reminder that you don't need the silph scope
>>
>>24937983
>because other games have more linearity than this one, that makes this one have "perfect non-linear gameplay"
What the fuck
>>
>>24938014
Thought you were wrong until I checked. Fucking Poke Dolls. Nice.
>>
>>24938014
It doesn't fuck things up later?
>>
>>24938036
Not him but why would it?
>>
>>24937983
Gen 3 has a lot of extra/not mandatory routes and areas to explore more than any other regions.
You could also walk right past Fortree gym if you wanted to since battling gyms in the wrong order seems to be the only standard of non linear play I've ever seen argued.
>>
>>24938014
Explain. How do you get past the two Snorlax?
>>
Go back to Pallet Town and get a job as a breeder
>>
>>24937955
>Sabrina is after Koga
yes, it is
psychic beats poison
>>
>>24938063
by using the poke flute
>>
>>24938063
last time i checked snorlax wasnt a ghost
>>
>>24938168
How do you get Pokeflute without Silph Scope? Do you seriously just use a Pokedoll to run from Marrowack?
>>
>>24938553
yes
>>
>>24938799
18 years later.
Boom. Mind blown.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.