[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Route Maker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: route-1.png (154 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
route-1.png
154 KB, 400x240
You get to design a route or dungeon in a non descript region,
>describe
>populate
>events
>puzzles & gimmicks

Let's see what /vp/ can come up with
>>
>>24937889
Why was it like that
>>
>>24937896
why was what like what?
>>
>>24937905
Why was Kalos Route 1 like
That
>>
>>24937923
That's a good question. Probably because they wanted you to see the second town before formally starting the game.
>>
>>24937967
Should've just connected the starting town and the second town or something then or at least not call this route Route 1
It's just a joke now
>>
>>24937889
Back Alley (like if one of the streets in castelia or lumiose actually led to a small wild area)

Common: Pidove, Raticate, Trubbish
Uncommon: Purugly, Garbodor
Rare: Rotom
Swarm: Trubbish, Purugly

The path is initially blocked by piles of trash and heavy trash cans (basically just reskinned rocksmash rocks and strength boulders.) that need to be cleared or pushed to the sides to navigate. Different backdoors to buildings in the alley give access to apartments and the backs of storefronts.

Sort of like the trash cans in XY there are dumpsters that sometimes shake and rattle, they are either items, high level Garbodor, or Trubbish swarms. The Trubbish and Garbodor found in dumpsters, rather than loose in the alley, all have a chance of holding a variety of valuable items ranging from basic shop stock to evo stones, heart scales, leftovers and rare candies.

One dumpster has a broken TV laid next to it. On weekend nights it plays a static screen, even though it's not plugged in. If you try to turn it off, a one-time available Rotom attacks.

Trainers here are roughnecks and punks using Scrafty and Scraggy, the ...burr line, Pancham and Pangoro, and Primeape.
>>
>>24937889
Surprised we never had a farm pasture as a route with wild ponyta, mareep, and miltank. I guess technically that'd sort of imply catching the "wild" pokemon would be stealing from the ranchers. Herdier would fit in there too.
>>
>>24938004
that sounds sick actually
>>
A desert route with ancient ruins in the middle. The site would be off limits until a certain point in the plot where it'd open up to be passed through. The ruins would be of sunken town, so you'd enter through breaks in the wall at ground level and go down stairs into the base floor of the buildings. You'd need flash to see in the underground portions. Ruins maniacs and scientists would populate the route using mons like crustles and cubones. Some would hide in dirt piles like ninja boys and rangers sometimes do. Certain parts would be blocked by rocksmash rocks to come back to later. The top side would be ground types like sandile, hippopotas, and gible and the underground would be full of baltoy, bronzor, yamask, unown and sigilyph.
>>
>>24937993
The real "first route" is the Route 2, the music has a feel more similar to the Route 1 from others regions than the Kalos Route 1 itself.
>>
>>24938131
Yeah, that's why I thought they should've just named the Route 1 some other things instead, and call their Route 2 "Route 1"
I think that way it's more fitting
>>
>>24937889
>Describe
Mountain path with two roads leading the same direction, one going through it and one around it.
>Populate
Inner path is modern and lit up, with no pokemon encounters, only trainers since it is used for quick access to the destination. Outer has more rough terrain, but an older paved route (no grass) can be seen that twists and turns around it. You can go "off" the outer route and find some bug, grass, and ground pokemon, among others. There are significantly less trainers on the outside of the mountain route.
>Events
None.
>Puzzles & Gimmicks
You can choose whether to go through the inside, trainer-heavy path, or the outside, pokemon-heavy one. (Though you can still skip some trainers on the inside). If you stray too far from the outer you'll need HMs like Strength and Cut, as to not have you explore all of it easily. The inner path is basically a "highway" to the next city.
>>
>>24938121
didnt they do that in bw or b2w2?
>>
>>24937923
I took it as being for decoration. I was hyped as fuck when I first got X, and seeing the 3D overworld was amazing. They probably could have had something a bit prettier though.
>>
>>24938167
oh yeah there was the darumaka ruins in the desert with the sink holes
>>
>>24937889
>Name
Sky Garden

>Mons
Pidove, Pidgey, Hoothoot, Rattata - Common
Swablu, Chatot, Gastly - Uncommon
Spinarak - Uncommon (Basement)
Murkrow - Rare (1st/2nd Floor)
Misdreavus - Rare (Basement)

>Describe
A huge estate fallen into disrepair as the previous owner could not take care of it and eventually died. The few bird Pokemon the previous owner kept as pets eventually spread their roost into the whole house as other species moved in as well along with attracting a few Ghost Pokemon to keep as their lair.

The house is divided into 3 floors including a basement. The upper floors of the house have seen better days, with a lot of broken windows and cracked floors and piles of rubble that have remained for at least a couple of decades. The basement is the worst off as several parts of it have caved in from years of neglect, exposing some parts of its walls to the natural caverns formed underneath the surface.

>Populate
Along with the aforementioned Pokemon, trainers explore the ruins as well. Some come to loot what is left (i.e. Burglars), some come for the rare birds (Bird Keepers and Ace Trainers), and some come for the ghosts (Hex Maniacs and Psychics).

>Events
None

>Puzzles/Gimmicks
The upper floors are purely about exploration. The basement is full of Rock Smash boulders, and after navigating a bit a TM can be found, probably for Steel Wing or Roost or another bird related move.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.