[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's what I don't get. Why do outside of the nips,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1451367967530.png (20 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1451367967530.png
20 KB, 560x407
Here's what I don't get. Why do outside of the nips, why do people, either in game or IRL, always assume that smogon rules and clauses are in play by default? I have no problem with smogon, I understand their desire to rebalance the game. I personally don't think it's necessary, and I like playing with just the restrictions imposed by Nintendo. Shouldn't that be the default? If you specifically ask me to play smogon rules beforehand I'll swap out my Gengar, but for god's sake if it wasn't agreed upon prior you have no reason to assume I'm not going to lead with a paraswag Sableye or Baton Pass Blaziken and you really have no reason to be angry at me.
>>
You're right, but you are still a faggot for using those tho.
>>
>>24937490
Gengar is favorite since childhood. I can't help it if it gets buffed every gen.
>>
Do people actually DO this? All I ever see are faggots writing angry rants online about how Smogon are evil monsters pushing their rules on others, but I've never actually SEEN anyone in real life act like Smogon rules are actually in effect.

It's not like there's only one set of rules either, are they supposed to assume it's an unspoken rule that everyone plays OU unless otherwise stated? Why would they do that?
>>
>>24937522
I only found out what smogon was in high school because people were doing it. I still encounter it with relative frequency or people just quit when I send out a banned mon. So yeah.
>>
>>24937522
I've encountered some. Mostly on Battle Spot. There have been a few instances where I've encountered some people with their messages saying "Smogon rules only" and they'll disconnect immediately if you're not using their rules.
>>
>>24937591
>they tell you "Smogon rules only" before you even ask for a battle
>they disconnect if you don't play by Smogon rules
>somehow THEY'RE the faggots
>not you, who deliberately ignored the rules they told you would be in effect in advance and wasted their time
Anon...
>>
>>24937603
I've had peeps disconnect and THEN shout " smogon rules!" but yeah ignoring their request beforehand isn't great.
>>
>>24937613
>I've had peeps disconnect and THEN shout " smogon rules!"
THAT's being a faggot. But there's nothing wrong with disconnecting on some shithead that deliberately ignores the house rules he agreed to when challenging you.
>>
>>24937485
BIG
>>
>>24937485
Totally agree. I always have my 3DS with me at yugioh tournaments, because of the amount of nerds, finding other players is easy.

At YCS Bochum, someone sees I play pokemon, ''do you play competitive?''

I answer yes, then he asks for a 6v6 battle. (was playing vgc 2015 vs a friend when he spotted us)

I don't bother gathering a team because I expect the next round to start soon, so use the vgc team instead.
He gets batshit crazy the moment he sees Mega mom, he starts a rant among the lines of:
DUDE THAT THING IS BANNED, you said you played competitive. Fuckin casual! CHEATER!

Then the fun starts:

> Konami official hears him scream, asks for details.
> This fuck cheated, he uses stuff that is banned.
> Konami guy asks why he did not say so to a judge during the round
> Guy gets confused. He never told the konami man he was talking pokemon.
> Konami guys repeats statement, now slower, assuming the smogon fag does not speak English.
> Smogon fag gets rude
> He gets thrown out of the venue for verbal harassment of konami official.
> He is now banned from official konami events until july 2016.
>>
>>24937485
>thinking BP Blaziken is perfectly fine to agree with

Worse than Hitler.
>>
File: 51243110.jpg (131 KB, 483x343) Image search: [Google]
51243110.jpg
131 KB, 483x343
>>24937603
>deliberately ignoring the fact that I said Battle Spot
>where you are partnered up with people randomly and not actually asked for a battle
>>
>>24937690
But he's a dragon dance for everyone!
:)
>>
>>24937485
I've played Smogon for 4 years, VGC for 3 years and Pokemon in general for my whole lifetime and I've never seen someone disconnect from me because I don't play by OU rules, I do play with megas, such as Kang, and now with VGC'16 with mons such as the Primals, Xerneas and stuff.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.