[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Having owned this game since the early 2000s I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Having owned this game since the early 2000s I've never had until issues until now. About a week ago I got the internal battery replaced. I encountered this error when I lock eyes with another trainer. Said trainer walks through me or in the opposite direction off of the map leaving me with music and no battle starting sequence. Checked the error message online but it was only meant for versions older than GBC. Wtf happened /vp/?
>>
That's pretty spooky, but why did you get the battery replaced and how? It's possible the cart was damaged in that process.

I think this error trips when the cart detects it doesn't fit properly, as the gameboy had a little locking paddle and the GBC did not and that was pretty much the only thing stopping gbc carts from going into an original gameboy.

Also I know literally nothing, so I could be very wrong. All I know is that the purpose of that kind of message is to stop improper use of the cart.

Show us a video (webm?) of that trainer thing?
>>
>>24936366
You've got it right. This error only occurs when the game detects it's in the wrong console, or if the gamepak is not fitting correctly in the console.
>>
if you’re replacing a battery for a Pokemon Game Boy Color cartridge, you’ll need a CR2025 Lithium battery. However, some cartridges originally used a CR2016.

Check the label from the original batter and make sure your battery inside Crystal matches.
>>
>>24935704
I remember something similar happening to me in red when I was a kid, it scared the shit out of me
>>
>>24936371
That message was only meant for earlier versions, and not for anything above GBC like an SP. I looked it up, it redirects to that message when something glitches.

And as far was what type of battery when it was changed I'm unaware. I still have the receipt to the game shop that did it so looks like I'll be taking it back. Will be uploading a webm shortly.
>>
>>24935704
This error message will also appear if the game crashes.

Gold, Silver, and Crystal all restart in the event of a crash, but the subroutine that checks the hardware model won't return the right value. Gold and Silver will continue to work without updating any color information; Crystal will display this error message.
>>
>>24936988
Are you sure they gave you the same cart back? At least the internal parts?
Also changing the battery is really easy, is a 5-10 minute process if you have all the things you need. Do you know if they soldered the battery back or used electrical tape?
>>
I found the tutorial for making a webm way too tasking so here's this
https://youtu.be/2ccgs_hPaVU
>>
>>24937138
So this happens, music eventually drops off black screens then redirects to error message
>>
>>24935704
try cumming into the cartridge
>>
ASPECT RATIO
>>
>>24937138
Holy fuck top kek.
He's like, no fuck this shit I am out.
>>
https://youtu.be/Qj9Uy_i1DaA
>>
>>24939639
I think my aim for that would be slightly off. You can try though?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.