[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I‘m here to say fuck you, Smogon. Fuck you. Who the fuck made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1200px-016Pidgey.png (769 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1200px-016Pidgey.png
769 KB, 1200x1200
I‘m here to say fuck you, Smogon. Fuck you. Who the fuck made you the damn authority on what is and isn't okay in the world of Pokemon? When the fuck did your little council, or whatever you call that shit, come together and say "Hey. we are the supreme ruling dictators on how people can play this fucking game"? Fuck you. I will use my damn Mega Kangaskhan if I wanna use my damn Mega Kangaskhan. I will use my fucking Gengar. my Mega Gengar, ifl wanna use my motherfucking Mega Gengar. My Heracross will take a fucking shit on whatever the fuck your throw at me in battle. "Oh! This is Uber! This is OU! That's banned! That's toxic!” Fuck you. Fuck you. fuck your shit. Fucking telling me I can't put a damn badass cool ass motherfucking Blaziken on my motherfucking team. I will put six damn Blazikens on my motherfucking team. If I wanna go into a fucking Pokemon battle with six damn Blazikens on my motherfucking team, I will use six damn Blazikens on my motherfucking team. Assholes. Fucking talking about your council and how you're so fucking smart. Fuck you. People in the fucking championships should come up with original fucking strategies instead of going on a fucking list telling them how to "property" use your fucking Pokemon of choice. or not even recommend it at all because it's too motherfucking cheap. Fuck your council, fuck your shit. Your damn council is made out of fucking little to year old who will get no fucking pussy and fucking 40 year old who jack off to fucking loli hentai and still have no fucking pussy. Fuck your stupid ass, crazy ass, motherfucking asinine bitchy puss puss rules. I don't give a fucking shit what you think. I will do whatever the fuck I want because it's my Pokemon world and that's what the main fucking thing about being a Pokemon master is all about. I'm a motherfucking Pokemon master. You're all a bunch of fucking level 1 Pidgeys sitting in the fucking first route grass sucking dick like you always do. Fucking die of cancer.
>>
>>24932469
excuse me anon,what is smogon ? honest question i'm not really into competitive pokemon
>>
File: 1418758298534.jpg (61 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1418758298534.jpg
61 KB, 413x395
>>24932469
I'm generous today, so here's your reply.
>>
No one legitimately plays using smogon rules anyway.
>>
>level 1
>first grass route
mice neme
>>
>>24932469
Man, that was a good thread. Did anyone screenshot it?
>>
>>24932508
Its a forum and the grand arbiter of unofficial competitive pokemons (as opposed to VGC which is the grand arbiter of official competitive pokemans).

They track the teirlists on showdown or wherever and update them. The other issue is that because pokemon is inherently unbalanced AND the gaps change every half generation, they maintain a banlist of things that can't hack it in the next tier up but unbalance the tier they are in. If you want to be balanced in being a grump, you can see how the premise is sound (double team is bullshit and someone in this argument will drum up copypasta to logically prove it) but sometimes goes to far (I think speed boost Blaziken is not fun to play against ever, OP clearly disagrees).

OP is also 'butthurt' over set movelist+nature+evspreads. The problem with being angry at sets is sometimes they are objectively and mathematically sound. Coverage, tanking exactly enough hits, and barely outspeeding an enemy are legitimate things to research and compiling them into a database for easier research isn't wrong either. It also makes it easier to build a variant of something because someone else has already put the work in and usually has justified their reasons for that set.

MTG has similar arguments over Netdecks, playing the meta instead of playing the game, and secret sideboard tech. The most efficient combo decks or decks that exactly kill on turn 4 are no longer going to be the pilots build, they are going to be variations of some top-8 grandprix deck. We can never go back to the way it was.

OP is also asking "why do you decide?" and the problem is: all other grand arbiters from here on out are a clone of smogon. Inherently better or worse, they have to fight harder to prove that their self-imposed metagame is more fun than smogon's self imposed metagame. Not just a little bit, but so much that it converts not just salty grumps like OP, but everyone who plays intense competitive and casual competitive.
>>
File: 1451111768479.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1451111768479.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>>24932469
>>
>>24932469

You don't have to play by their rules ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just find people who'll play non-smogon rulebook. No one's forcing you.
>>
>>24934224
and what is metagame ?
>>
File: SUfK3.jpg (14 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
SUfK3.jpg
14 KB, 210x330
>>24932469
>>24932508
>>24932528
>>24932530
>>24934110
>>24934156
>>24934224
>>24935727
>>24935880
>>24936189

http://fgts.jp/vp/thread/24860324/#q24870118

Thread was gold
>>
Damn...I bet Kirito wouldn't tolarate smogons retarted badness...

DAMN I JUST WANT SAO TO BE REAL SO I CAN KILL THE SMOGONFAGS W/ SORDS!!!!!!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.