[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people actually liked the new safari zone ? Knowing its just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
Do people actually liked the new safari zone ?

Knowing its just a normal route and the Pokéblock feeders were removed it loses the entirely charm at least for me
>>
>>24932241
I absolutely hate it. Honestly, it's change irks me more than BF's absence. I have a lot of fond memories with Emerald's SZ, and now this is just a shitty, boring dead end route with no NPCs and bad, grating music. Other dead end routes, like Moor of Icirrus, are actually interesting and adventurous, but not this.

Safari Zone was perfect in HGSS. Waiting months for certain Pokemon was bullshit, but customization was an awesome idea.
>>
It's not even a Safari Zone. It's practically just another route.

At least HGSS's safari zone kept my interest for a while with the customization shit. ORAS didn't even try.
>>
File: 1431159897004.jpg (21 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1431159897004.jpg
21 KB, 576x432
>not just turning it into a friend safari and moving its inhabitants to other routes if they wanted to drop the concept so badly

Sometimes I swear this game was designed as a troll
>>
>>24932241
It's oh ok.
>>
It's weird thinking of a two year old feature as "new"
>>
>>24932315
What happened with the Gamecorner?
>>
>>24932241
I like it, but >>24932315 has a solid point.
>>
I didn't mind the new system but the layout was absolute horseshit. Way too small, almost no pokemon variety, and those fucking bike paths made it a pain to go around.

At least I'm not scared of running into a shiny in the safari zone now.
>>
>>24932241
you know if the old safari mechanics were annoying it wouldn't have been hard for them to just change and casualize it without completely remove it
Now that Pokemon is full 3D there's lots of potential for new minigames and side activities
>>
File: muh.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
muh.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>24932241
I don't get why they did that, we haven't seen a classic style safari zone since Gen 4, with a RS remake I was wondering how nice is to see the safari zone back (or if it was be the new Friend Safari in hoenn).

But yeah, it was kinda disappointing. Using the set of Safari Balls, having a "time" limit, not sending your pokémon in battle but instead facing a pokémon yourself, this is what made the Safari Zone feel like a special activity or a bonus.

In side note, I still think that Friend Safari is great, it just need better aesthetics, like changing a safari of ground pokémon to a kind of desert, and one of ice pokémon to a cold one, besides making it a bit more big and spreaded than just a big square of grass. It would be 100% perfect.
>>
I think a lot of ORAS was terribly lazy, which is a real shame. I never used the SF in the orignals, but I have no idea why they didn't bother. It wasn't even in XY which would justify it.

I guess BW didn't have one, but it had other shit.
>>
>>24932241
I love it. I hated the Safari Game.
>>
I think it was neat seeing the expanded Safari Zone in Emerald, but I never cared for the step limit. Yeah, in an ideal world I suppose they wouldn't scrap it entirely and tweak it like others have said. Like make the limit 30 Safari Balls perhaps.

It's kind of irrelevant since there's a bigger selection of non-Hoenn mons after you defeat Groudon/Kyogre anyways. It would've been interesting to see it come back after 2 gens but i'm not heartbroken.
>>
What was the last actual Safari Zone?
Great Marsh?

Or is HGSS counted as one?
>>
I don't understand why Gamefreak doesn't like the Safari Zone anymore.
>>
>>24933422
Doesn't the HGSS Safari Zone fore you to wait an x amount of time for a certain pokemon? Or something with challenges, I never bothered with that.
>>
On my first playthrough I found a shiny doduo in the safari zone so even though I'm upset it's lacking its main feature I'm glad I was able to capture it properly.
>>
>Decent place to horde train
>Found first shiny in the wild there
>Not far from best city Lilycove
>Doesn't cost money
>No limits
>Tons of useful items to find

It's more like a Sanctuary than a Safari in ORAS, which suits Hoenn more. Safari Zones are suited to places like Kanto where Team Rocket secretly controls and charges for everything.

I was a little confused by it the first time I went there, but I always hated the Safari Zone limits as a kid so I see their removal as an improvement.
>>
>>24932315
best post in the thread
>>
>>24933478
I'm with you on that part, but I'm still sad that the PokeBlock feeders are gone.
>>
I never even went to it because I never really enjoyed the usual Safari Zone mechanics and didn't know it was changed until after I was done with OR.
>>
>>24933336
This, exp share, no pokeblock minigame: they're really trying to hold your hand until it hurts. The take-away, though, is a game that feels totally bland monotonous. There's like three unique features, and they all get old fast. There's no variety to grab your attention, unlike in Emerald, Plat, HGSS, and BW2, hell, even XY and Crystal.
>>
>>24933451
Yes, it does. I think the max wait is two months for shit like Bagon or Gible. The idea is you put a decoration in an area, and then wait a certain block of time for Pokemon to migrate there. It's a nuisance if you need the particular Pokemon, but sort of fun if you're just exploring for shits and giggles.

Honestly, I prefer this kind of thing compared to how rare Pokemon are handed to you on a platter in XY.
>>
File: 1385419795819.png (221 KB, 703x554) Image search: [Google]
1385419795819.png
221 KB, 703x554
>>24932241
I hate it. Really, it's not even that anyone "likes" it, they just dislike the Safari Zone so they're happy it's replaced by something worthless.

I'm of the opinion that they should just use the now-much-more-accessible GTS if they want a hard-to-get Pokémon instead of praising them removing a feature that some people liked.

At the least they should've made an optional Safari Game that you pay for, and casuals could just use it as a route, that way people who like the Safari Zone can still use it.
>>
I like it. Safari Zone was always a very annoyoning place the rules were just shit, i guess they wanted to be some kind of mini game but it just didnt work because it was all pure luck. The only one SZ that was kinda ok was the first Kanto one, just because it was the first experience ever and even then it was a nightmare (good luck catching Chansey). It wasny challenging, it was just time consuming and annoying. The worst one by far was HGSS.

So im glad they removed the rules and changed it into an extra area where more rare pokes live. Another good thing was to introduce hidden pokemon after Groudon/Kyogre battle. Now all around Hoenn and on the mirage islands yoy could've catch plenty of rare Pokemon with DexNav. So basically its like the Safari Zone through the entire region
>>
>>24935629
Nothing in Pokémon is challenging, by your argument we might as well raise the catch rate of all the Legendaries. Oh wait we already did that with Gen 5 and XY. And reduce the number of Pokémon each trainer has since adding more won't make it any more challenging and just makes the game take longer. Oh wait we did that too.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.