[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PU thread, lets go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: 250px-101Electrode.png (52 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-101Electrode.png
52 KB, 250x250
What do you guys use to deal with Machoke? No Guard DP + Knock off is rather difficult to switch in. I'd like to use something other than Colbur berry Grumpig.
>>
No one plays PU? what a bunch of faggots
>>
>>24927652
None of my bros are PU except seviper
>>
>>24927679
Seviper is not PU. Its not viable there at all.
>>
Mr. Mime, if you're lucky enough to not get utterly fucked by dynamic punch.
>>
>>24927713
kek it's that bad huh
>>
>>24927744
If the other guy is decent, he can easily predict the switch and use knock off then bullet punch.
>>
File: illumitcg.png (396 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
illumitcg.png
396 KB, 500x304
She's one of my favorite pokemon, but I just can't find a good way to run her. I really wish that she learned better moves.
>>
>>24927747
Yeah it's really unfortunate. It has a great design and a solid movepool. Its speed is just bad for a mixed attacker.
>>
>>24927512
it has no counters because your pokemon will hit itself in confusion every single time, you're probably better off stalling out dynamicpunch PP

gourgeist-super is tanky and can take a knock off pretty handily and burn it in return
unburden drifblim also doesn't mind being knocked off and can threaten it out with acrobatics
rocky helmet swalot's probably decent, you can run sticky hold so it can't get knocked off

offensive teams handle it a lot better, things like kadabra and banded dodrio can OHKO it unless it has defensive investment and can pressure it to switch in and out

and when all else fails, use the ultimate counter known as dustox
>>
>>24927836
I actually like your Swalot idea. It even gets Giga Drain too for recovery. Will definitely try it out.
>>
Why is Chatter banned and not Double Penetration?
>>
>>24927512
I use Gourgeist super. After the first knock off, it can't outdamage synthesis's recovery so you're free to seed it as you will and stall it out.
>>
>>24927836
sticky hold doesn't prevent the knock off from being boosted, though
the item won't be removed, but knock off will always have 97.5 BP
>>
>>24928140

Fuck off retard
>>
>>24928140

>sticky hold doesn't prevent the knock off from being boosted, though
>the item won't be removed, but knock off will always have 97.5 BP

This needs to be fixed in Gen 7. Not that Game Freak will, they buffed Scald in Gen 6 after all.
>>
Rate my team, /vp/. I just built it recently after I got out of PU for a while. I haven't played much with it, but I'm something like 9-1.

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Pretty standard cleric shit. Knock off is great because offensive stuff that likes to switch in usually hates losing its item.

Electrode @ Focus Sash
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kind of an anti-lead. Good for grabbing momentum and stopping pebbles and setup sweepers and stuff. Gives the team some much needed speed and is about as perfect of a Chatot counter as can be. Also useful for taking down Articuno on a team that doesn't have rocks.

Relicanth @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Pretty standard banded set. It's here because it's one of my favorite Pokemon and not really much else. Something else probably would be good to take this slot though it one or two shots nearly everything. Serves as one of the two water types in a FWG core.

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

Pretty standard physical wall. I really like this thing. Also is the grass in my FWG core.

Rapidash @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun

Good for getting rid of Leafeon and most other grass types. Fire in the FWG core.

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

My other source of physical bulk on the team. Also the hazard remover. Another water type.
>>
>>24928140
252+ Atk Machoke Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Swalot: 79-93 (19.5 - 23%) -- 11.2% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
>>
>>24927957
I'm not sure but I think its because it's tough to outspeed Chatot.
>>
Was Poliwrath moving up to NU the single biggest shakeup that ever happened to PU? I mean, it was the reason that Carracosta and Barbaracle got banned, and once they were gone, Vigoroth took its place at the top of PU before just getting banned. I guess megas and their base forms being tiered separately probably doesn't help either with Audino dropping.
>>
>>24929736
It's going to be interesting to see where the meta goes from here now that Vigoroth and Exeggutor is gone now. I bet Roselia and Rotom-F are going to dominate.
>>
>>24928192
How did they buff Scald?
>>
>>24931412
If you're frozen and use Scald, you automatically lose the freeze status.
>>
>>24931700
Scald lost base power though, and that is a much bigger nerf than having an out to a 10% status condition.
>>
>>24931886
>Scald lost base power
But that's wrong.
Hydro Pump lost power.
>>
>>24927792
Between Prankster, Growth, Baton Pass, and Sunny Day she has a niche.
It's just very set up oriented to the point where it's probably not worth it.
>>
>>24931886
no it didn't
>>
>>24931948
The thing about Illumise is that taunt completely reks it.
>>
>playing in a containment tier
>>
>>24927792
Sashed Prankster tail glow then baton pass or sweep duh
>>
>>24933704
>tail glow
>Illumise
>>
File: aerosaur.jpg (66 KB, 900x761) Image search: [Google]
aerosaur.jpg
66 KB, 900x761
What set do you guys use? He has a really good movepool and decent stats, but the lack of reliable STAB is a real kick in the balls. I've actually had some surprising success with a Mega Aerodactyl set using
-Hone Claws
-Stone Edge
-Fly
-Fire Fang

We all desperately want him to get Brave Bird (fucking Crobat gets it) and Head Smash. Hopefully if we meme hard enough, GF will give in and do what they did with Flareon finally getting Flare Blitz.
>>
>>24933808
>Aero
>PU
I think you're a bit lost, m8.
>>
>>24933579
Yeah we should all play OU where everyone uses the same pokemon.
>>
Bumping for best tier
>>
>>24938278
i second that
>>
One last bump.
>>
>>24931700
they should do that for all fire moves and Superpower to be honest family
>>
What do you guys think about losing Pelipper and gaining Banette?
>>
>>24945180
Pelipper is a pretty big deal since it's a pretty good user of defog and tanky physically, but Banette is probably shit. I mean, it's a physically offensive ghost in the tier, which is kinda cool, I guess but it still has shit for a movepool and stats, so it's really just a shitty Dusknoir. Overall, pretty meh tier adjustment.
>tfw Torterra and Poliwrath are just on the verge of falling
>>
>>24946044
Yeah hazard stacking is ridiculous right now with nearly no viable rapid spinner in the tier now. I can easily see Roselia rising back to S rank.
>>
>>24933801
They both don't learn it?
Why
>>
>>24946583
Only male fireflies have glowing tails ;^)
>>
bump PU needs more love
>>
File: Vullaby.full.1283254.jpg (376 KB, 950x810) Image search: [Google]
Vullaby.full.1283254.jpg
376 KB, 950x810
this bump's for you, opee

>>24946044
>>24946511
Is Vullaby not a good physically bulky Defogger?
>>
i want to git gud at PU, who can help?
>>
>>24953863
I can. Just use Roselia and Floatzel and you're good to go.
>>
>>24957228
i don't want to use the scrub-lord tier OU-esque trash everyone else is using, i'd rather have shit that is prepared to take them out and use something mildly unique
>>
You've piqued my interest. What does PU: The Team look like, other than all of your favorite Pokemon?
>>
>>24959096
Well there's Dodrio, it's really good and not particularly common. You can even use stuff like Mr. Mime and Stunfisk. Mr. Mime can be very fun since it has bunch of different viable sets that you can catch your opponents off guard.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.