[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IRL Pokemon Cringe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: poke'mon.png (1 MB, 810x613) Image search: [Google]
poke'mon.png
1 MB, 810x613
Tell me about "that kid" or "that guy" you know/knew IRL who was obsessed with Pokemon. The Pokemon equivalent of the weird kid/guy who drew anime and ran with his arms back like naruto/sonic.
>>
>>24927059
Those pins are pretty cute tbqh.. would put them on my bag.
>>
>>24927059
That's probably 90% of the people here. I never did that but I didn't get into Pokémon until I was like 15, and even then, I didn't really get into it until recently.
>>24927090
A bag is somewhat acceptable. What's most cringeworthy is the fact that they're on a fedora.
>>
>>24927139

Anon, it's 2016.

The fedora shaming meme is dead.
>>
>>24927148
>fedora shaming

are SJWs going to start a fedora acceptance movement now?
>>
>>24927059
When I was a kid, I used to real life roleplay Pokemon with my friends in the schoolyard during recess

We would take turns pretending to be trainers and Pokemon. We would even shout out our Pokemon names out loud like the mons do in the anime.
>>
I've never seen or had to deal with any pokemon related cringe IRL, closest thing I can think of was some guy who watched the anime on his laptop during high school classes but considering the rest of the class were a bunch of screaming retards who played League of Legends and obsessed over Naruto he didn't really stick out.

If I didn't have a natural knack for hiding my powerlevel I'd probably have been "that kid" though.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 226x226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 226x226
>>24927168
>this much autism
I look back at myself and remember I did this shit as a kid. And I proceed to punch myself.
>>
>>24927148
Do you really wear a fedora when you go out?
>>
I'm probably "that guy" because I'm 25 years old and still play pokemon, and I trade pokemon with my 27 year old friend's 15 year old brother.
>>
>>24927168
I did this too. My brother and I used to also do it to make yard work more fun.
>>
File: 1420353863956.gif (533 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1420353863956.gif
533 KB, 480x270
>>24927183
>autism
>acting like a kid while being a kid is autistic
>>
>>24927168
>>24927183

It's called being a kid. Jesus, it's not like you were doing this as adults or anything.

...Were you?
>>
>>24927402
is he cute?
>>
>>24927059

I havent seen anybody play or watch the Pokemon anime in public.. At least at the university. When I worked at a movie theater, there was a coworker who would bring her 3DS and play X during her lunch breaks, but that's it.
At the uni, I've only seen people playing Magic, LoL, or Yu-Gi-Oh. There's an annual Pokemon festival here at the local convention center, but that's the only exception.
>>
File: 562Ri1w.png (370 KB, 514x542) Image search: [Google]
562Ri1w.png
370 KB, 514x542
>>24927148
>>
>>24927168
Nigga, everyone did this. We'd also pretend to be benders or jedi or whatever the hell we wanted to be. All kids pretend, even it's the jock kids pretending to be pro athletes.
>>
>>24927786
>kids
>pretending to be benders

I feel so fucking old rn.
>>
>>24927798
Bruh, I'm 21. You are old, my friend.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.