[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the worst generation so far? Considering the technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: reimarinhoprofundo.png (1 MB, 1268x718) Image search: [Google]
reimarinhoprofundo.png
1 MB, 1268x718
What is the worst generation so far?

Considering the technology and limitations of each time, please.
>>
Gen III obviously
>>
>>24925305
>>
5 baka
>>
>>24925305
Gen 6 because they could have done so much more with it
>>
1 or 6
>>
1 and 4
>>
I'd say 3. Just compare Golden Sun to it, puts it to shame.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (361 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
361 KB, 1920x1080
>>24925320
>Thread
>>
>>24925305
Six.
>>
Millennials
>>
Baby boomers.
>>
File: 1357439937142.gif (1 MB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
1357439937142.gif
1 MB, 440x440
1- With the limited technology of the GB, an underfunded staff, and deadlines. They did what they could and succeeded

Gen 2- GBA was still limited, but they actually added some really cool features into the game, and pushed the hardware as much as they could

Gen 3- This is where they honestly stopped giving a fuck graphically speak. Compare this game to any other RPG on the console at the time
M&L
Golden Sun
FFTA
Mega Man Battle Network
Sword of Mana

Even mystery dungeon looks better, every pokemon has a walk cycle, and attack animations. Is it really that hard?
Especially with game freaks budget.

COMMON

it looks like complete and utter shit in comparison, with the static poses and crusty sprites. The console games were even worse. I dropped pokemon for about 5 years because I felt like I was going to be ripped off if I played one of the games.

Gen 4.
Same as gen 3 , the game was alright though.

Honestly pokemon is two gens behind where they should be
Gen 4 should have been what Gen 6 is now.

ALso something no one wants to adress, there is a serious problem when spin offs, fan work and fan games are better than the main series.

Would any other franchise allow this?
>>
File: !.png (582 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
!.png
582 KB, 1280x720
>>24925305
For the first day in the year, we sure are getting a bunch of genwars threads.
>>
>>24925305
Tons of other 3ds games run circles around it technically which makes no sense considering how ridiculously lucrative the series is. You'd think Nintendo would have one of their more experienced devs help with transition to 3D.
>>
>>24925444
And we had 3 of them closed.
>>
>>24925438
Gee, it's almost like the pokemon games as a whole are bad all things considered, gamefreak is a hopelessly incompetent developer that can't do shit, and they would've rightfully went under if not for RBY's monster catching gimmick being an out of the blue home run with kids.
>>
>>24925320
Z hasn't even come out yet retard. Gen 6 isn't over yet.
>>
>>24925305
Gen 2, as much as I hate admitting it since it did give us Scizor.
>>
>>24925305
Interesting way to word this.

I'd say Gen 6. It has thus far the least amount of excuses as to the graphical situation and the amount of lag present. Furthermore, it appears that they didn't even finish the graphics considering how utterly rare 3D trainer models are in-battle yet you get the feeling that there should have been more instances of 3D trainer models in-battle.

Plus, the issues regarding the release of the Pokebank, issues with leaks and certain parts of the world getting the games before others, lets one think that Gamefreak severely underestimated the things they needed to accomplish technology wise for this generation.

Also consider the fan-reaction to ORAS and X & Y being far from unanimously positive as a negative compared to the fan-reaction to past generations.

From a non-biased standpoint of objective taste, Gen 6 is the worst generation because it had the most hype and came nowhere close to fulfilling the hype associated with its pre-release.

Everyone has the generation and games that they enjoy, and to that, every person is entitled to their opinions.

That being said, the sins of X/Y and ORAS are too numerous to allow it to be anything but the worst generation thus far.
>>
>>24925472
>worst generation SO FAR

6 isn't immune to this conversation
>>
>>24925485
>From a non-biased standpoint of objective taste
>Gen 6 is the worst generation because it had the most hype
Hype is not objective you nitwit.
>>
>>24925518
Surrounding it? Were you here for Gen 6 hype? For the threads about what it could be? About the years of spam of HOENN CONFIRMED from youtube to here? This generation had hype with mega evolutions, 3D graphics, and the return to Hoenn. Whether I bought into it or not is not what I'm referring to, I'm referring to the amount of excitement surrounding the events of this generation. That is what is objective, not my person feelings on the matter.
>>
>>24925460
yeah,
seriously dude.

They should hand everything over to HAL or intelligent systems

What pisses me off the most is that they have all these cool looking monsters and they don't do shit with them.
We could have awesome pokemon games like breath of fire , arc the lad or jade coocoon,
But no, game freak is LAZY and we get horseshit like pokemon channel and the main series.

Inb4 it's for kids
look at Mario, and how much has been done with him,
There is seriously no excuse
>>
4 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 6

Diamond and Pearl were pretty awful but Platinum managed to salvage everything but the year-long saving times after moving pokemon around in a box. HG/SS were amazing.

Anything before 4 feels incomplete due to lack of physical/special split(s) and certain quality of life improvements. However, 2 was an awesome generation just for the amount of content added between generations. Its only flaws were crappy pokemon distribution and a level scale which left you ~45 by the E4. Gen 3 was a proper reboot with the same feel as playing Gen 1 for the first time but in a new region.

Gen 5 is also an improvement in a lot of ways but the region is shit, the games themselves are plodding due to forced interaction with the shit rivals, and the pokemon are overall not very well designed, as well as many of them being UNRELATED redesigns of earlier gen mons and exhibit a lot of minmaxed powercreep.

Gen 6 is a whole disappointment. Not only is it a stagnation in most ways from 5, it also lacks key features, powercreeped even more, and added awful meta-ruining mechanics like Fairy and Megas as well as buffing Knock Off WAY too much. The single-player experience is lacking, a lot, with shit postgame (in an era where we've already experienced good postgame several times and expect it by now) terribly short routes in X/Y, and washed-out Pokemon models with shitty proportions (like Nidoking and Feraligatr who got it the worst)
>>
>>24925305
Gen 6. Every game released so far in Gen 6 has issues regarding content, especially ORAS missing so many things from the GBA games it's based on. Game Freak just keeps removing features and the games are definitely suffering for it this Gen when they're barely adding new features that aren't mostly fluff like Amie and soaring.
>>
>Gen 3
I loved the region, the places (Fallarbor Town, Meteor Falls) and its pokemons (Salamence) is my favorite Dragon-Type pokemon and the Tropical, Warm climate theme of the region, but compared to what the GBA could do (see M&L, Golden Sun 1&2, Fire Emblem), the animations it could do, the backgrounds and dynamic camera it could produce (Golden Sun comes to mind), a lot more really but GF decided on plain white backgrounds and small animations for the pokemon (Emerald, not even R/S nor FR/LG).
>>
>>24925411
this tbqh
>>
>>24925541
There was some pre-release footage shown of the XY playable character surfing around and landing on an island. I remember watching it a couple of months before release date and my hype boner dying instantly because it looked pretty shit. Compared to that footage, what we got was leagues better.
>>
>>24925655
extremely good opinions
>>
>>24925812
I love Gen 3 do death but you've got a point there. SRW J's animations blows anything Pokemon has to offer out of the water
>>
Gen 3. a lot of the cool pokemon were slow
>>
It's a tie between gens I and VI if technology is factored in. Gen I had by far the worst gameplay; its only saving grace in that regard is nonlinearity. VI is down there with I because its graphics suck ass even for the 3DildoS.
>>
>>
>>24925320
yep
>>
File: 1450140465406.jpg (98 KB, 781x412) Image search: [Google]
1450140465406.jpg
98 KB, 781x412
I just hope we don't see too much rehash of gen 6 resources in gen 7.

But knowing gf they will be the lazy fucks they are.
>>
>>24925655
>the pokemon are overall not very well designed

Gen. 5 has some great Pokemon though.
>>
Gen V

What did it really bring to the table? Really
>>
>>24925305
5D is pretty bad, but Zexal is even WORSE.
>>
>>24929165
I'm not denying that there are some great designs, a few of which are some of my favorites. OVERALL they are not well designed, just in the art style and proportions as well as a few questionable decisions (Tympole's face ugh). Compared to the first 386 they as a whole are subpar for sure.
>>
>>24925472
It shouldn't have to come down to Z to save the generation and if it does, that just means the generation overall was shit
>>
>>24925320
>>24925322
>>24925342
>>24925364
>>24925447
>>24925485
>>24925655
>>24925729
>>24928475
This. Considering technology and limitations. The games should be close to a masterpiece with all the games under their belt yet we still get shit with horrible 3D, powercreep and no content. Honestly I don't know why is it. Are they too retarded? Is GF managed by a monkey? The don't have creative people?

Fucking 20 years and we still don't have pokémon games with different difficulties, creative ways to address the 8 gyms/E4 challenge, good graphics and animation, balanced mechanics or post-game plot.
>>
>>24929292
But Gen 4 only became good after Platinum
>>
>>24925305
Objectively 4
>>
>>24925478
>>24925305
>Considering the technology and limitations of each time

>people saying gen 2
:^)
>>
1 or 4.

6's major problem is a lack of content, really.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.