[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Blaziken is so popular, then why is he not playable in Smash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
If Blaziken is so popular, then why is he not playable in Smash while the irrelevant Jigglyshit is?
>>
>>24921827
Tepig a qt
>>
Jigglypuff is a regular in smash and Pokemon doesn't need any more representation.
/thread

inb4 b-but fire emblem!
>>
>>24921827
Blaziken isn't popular, it was pushed purposely because "Masuda loves Torchic"
>>
>>24921827
Jigglypuff is literally in only because of muh 'riginal 12 despite being the only one of the 12 without her own game.
>>
>>24921852
>Blaziken isn't popular

>only Hoenn starter to receive a Mega in X/Y via event
>introduced in anime and kicked Ash's Charizard's ass, causing Ash to lose the Johto League
>constantly used in marketing
>portrayed in X and Y anime as Lucario's rival
>first shown in Pokken Tournament fighting Lucario
>is the only Hoenn starter in Ubers, even without using its Mega
>has Speed Boost as Hidden Ability while the other two Hoenn starters have worse HA's (lol Damp Swampert)
>>
>>24921827
>>24921866

Jigglypuff is almost as popular as Pikachu in Japan. It's practically a secondary mascot.
>>
>>24921872
Yeah. In 1999.
>>
It's pretty rare for Smash characters to be cut. Only 10 have ever ended up being removed, 4 of which came back later.
>>
If I want Blaziken I can just play Captain Falcon. Jigglypuff has a unique playstyle and body type so I'm glad it's in the game over another human shaped pokemon.
>>
>>24921872
You are delusional as hell if you honestly believe Jigglypuff is more popular than Blaziken nowadays.
>>
>>24921872
Jiggly puff hasn't been one of the most popular pokemon in literally the last decade plus.
>>
>>24921827
the original smash characters are here to stay
falcon was even in a reveal trailer
Jigglypuff as irrelevant she might be shes the first unlockable character normally
>>24921880
Sakurai would make blaziken different
like bowser and Charizard
wolf and Fox
mario and luigi etc etc
>>
>>24921980
>Sakurai would make blaziken different

they can make literally any character different. But Jigglypuff's body shape and abilities inherently lead to much more interesting mechanics and playstyle than Blaziken would and it's more value out of the time they have to put into the character.
>>
>>24921827
Sounds like someone's salty. Got rested on too many times, right?
>>
>>24921872
it was either gonna be Puff or meowth in smash
And Sakurai did want to add mewtwo in the original smash
>>
>>24921878
Can you list them all? I'm curious.
>>
>>24922044
Melee:
>Ice Climbers
>Dr. Mario
>Pichu
>Roy
>Mewtwo
>Young Link

Brawl:
>Pokemon Trainer
>Lucas
>Wolf
>Snake

Of those ten, Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, and Lucas returned for Sm4sh. And of those four, Dr. Mario was the only one that wasn't a DLC fighter.
>>
>>24922044
Pichu, Young Link, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers, Snake and Wolf. Notice how three out of the seven cut characters are from the Pokémon series.
>>
>>24921827
>Jigglypuff
>One of the original 12 and at that time it was popular in japan and had a half-major role in the anime and is also unique in Smash
>Irrelevant
>>
>>24922102
Only hipsters still give a shit about Jigglypuff now. This isn't 1999 anymore.
>>
>>24921827
You can't even compare Jigglypuff because she simply won't be removed because she's from original 12. It's way more likely to Greninja to be removed since he's a newcomer and is there just to promote Ashnime.

>>24921841
Pokémon doesn't need indeed, it has the most characters behind Mario. Weeb Emblem is overrepresented right now though, fuck Sakurai selling out.

>threading yourself

Hi newfag.

>>24921878
And no character that were in two consecutive Smashes were removed except Ice Climbers and those only were removed because 3DS couldn't handle them for shit.
>>
File: image.png (193 KB, 303x278) Image search: [Google]
image.png
193 KB, 303x278
>>24921841
>/threading your own post
>>24921852
Top kek. Bait harder.
>>
>>24921867
That doesn't means it is popular, that shows how marketed it is.

If is popular who come it is seldom mentioned by people outside of competitive?

Now Pokemon like Lucario, Charizard, Fennekin line (mostly Braixen), Gardevoir, Lopunny, Garchomp, and Eevee are considered popular because they are very mentioned, and besides Lopunny and Garchomp, every other Pokemon I mentioned are very marketed too.
>>
>>24922111
>only hipsters still like what I don't like
>>
>>24922221
you think fucking Lopunny and Garchomp are popular but not Blaziken? LOL

if you think it's because of furfaggotry Blaziken has just as much if not more. In fact, I think it has the most out of all the starters.

Blaziken is definitely popular, yes they market it, but there's a REASON they market it. They didn't have to give it a mega evolution before all the other starters except the Kanto ones.
>>
>>24922266
If Blaziken is so popular then why hasn't he been playable in Smash, yet?
>>
>>24922266
>In fact, I think it has the most out of all the starters.
The biggest furfag starter is Charmeleon.
Blaziken is second. granted I havent checked since pre-gen 6 so that might be different now.
>>
Blaziken is one of the most ugly Pokemon to ever be made.
>>
>>24922380
Still more popular than Jigglyshit.
>>
>>24922322
because there's no good reason to add him in Smash. Veterans are easier to add. And the only newcomer they added was Greninja to advertise the newest games. Maybe if they released a Smash game right after gen 3 started he'd get in.
>>
>>24922390
If you hold up an image of Jigglypuff and an image of Blaziken, and ask people on the street to name them, more people will name Jigglypuff then.
>>
>>24922405
Familiarity =/= Popularity
That doesn't mean more people like her. Hitler was more well-known than Michael Jackson but that doesn't make him more popular.
>>
File: 1387844013306.png (30 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
1387844013306.png
30 KB, 399x400
>this thread
>>
>>24922453
Blaziken is more popular than Jigglypuff and you know it. It deserves to be in Smash more.
>>
>>24921827
Because Sakurai does what he wants. Even Greninja was apparently his call.
>>
>>24922462
>deserves
There's that word again
>>
The only reason Puff got into Smash over Mewtwo was because of time constraints. He copy/pasted Kirby and edited it to suit a different play style and tweaked the model slightly. There's not point in discussing this because we all know Sakurai is an incompetent cunt who would rather shovel out shit clones and shit advertisement instead of actual good characters.
>>
>>24921880
>If I want Blaziken I can just play Captain Falcon
And if I want a sword user I'll just play Marth. That didn't stop them from adding in countless anime swordsmen.
>>
File: Puffyoshitup.gif (122 KB, 265x200) Image search: [Google]
Puffyoshitup.gif
122 KB, 265x200
Fuck off OP.
>>
>>24922693
Robin and Shulk are fine because they have fundamentally different gameplay mechanics. Corrin and the clones are trash though.
>>
>>24922693
>>24923092
there are more characters that Punch more than Sword users
>>
>>24923092
>Corrin is trash
Corrin has a unique moveset though, with some key gimmicks that can give them a niche.
>>
>>24923114
>Corrin has a unique moveset though

I don't give a shit, it's still just another boring Fire Emblem character. Characters like Captain Falcon and Pac Man show they can asspull any unique moveset if they try hard enough. The thing about Shulk and Robin is that they actually have unique mechanics that make them way different from other characters. Corrin is just flashy animations. The only thing remotely interesting about him is the pinning technique.
>>
jiggs was in because they could mostly copy the model and anims from kirby for an easy extra character
it stays in because its a 'classic' character
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.