[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Balance Patch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: competitive game.jpg (53 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
competitive game.jpg
53 KB, 640x640
New version of ORAS gets released in preparation of Z
>Legendary Pokemon are now played as 10 levels lower than other Pokemon when in a competitive format.
>Life Orb and STAB now count as a separate damage modifier which acts the same as a boost, rather than enhancing other boosts.
>Leftovers recovery now starts at 6% and loses 1% per turn
>Substitute now costs a base 25% of total HP and increases by 5% every time it is used during a battle.
>Toxic and Will-o-wisp now have 80% accuracy. Toxic and Will-o-wisp will now always hit on a subsequent turn if it was used the previous turn.
>Only one Pokemon in a player's party can be offensively slept at a time
>Evasion now only has three stages - 100% accuracy, 85% accuracy and 70% accuracy
>Critical hits have been reworked. There are now three stages of critical chance exclusive to moves that do not boast a higher critical chance: +0: 0%, +1: 4%, +2: 8%. Pokemon gain stages by using a move successively i.e the first attack a Pokemon uses has a 0% chance of landing a critical hit, but if the Pokemon were to use the attack again it will gain a stage in critical. The attacks do not have to be successive, they are tallied per battle. Attacks which boast a higher critical chance remain fixed at 12.5% as they are now.
>Grass Pokemon now heal for 1/8th of their HP in rain and sun
>Baton Pass now split into two skills: Pokemon which carry Quiver Dance now have Metamorphasis which has the same effect as Baton Pass but also passes the pokemon's type. All other Baton Pass users now have -1 priority on Baton Pass.
>Bug type attacks are no longer resisted by Ghost and Fairy. Bug type attacks are now super effective against Fairy.
>Unown can now learn all hidden power moves. Technician replaces levitate as Unown's ability.

What do you think?
>>
File: pokemon souls.png (565 KB, 1024x950) Image search: [Google]
pokemon souls.png
565 KB, 1024x950
>>
>>24921448
These leftovers and substitute changes scream "buttmad" to me.
>>
>>24921448
I think you're a retard
>>
File: 1447283628487.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1447283628487.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>24921448
>>
>>24921448

Why the fuck would Unown have Technician? Technician is for Pokemon that use precise movements, like mimes, dancers, painters, felines, etc.
>>
File: trigger warning roflbot.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
trigger warning roflbot.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
All pokemon's stats are reduced by 1.5. The power tiers remain intact, but the gap between the godly elite and the middle of the road pokemon is lessened, affording more viability to mons that have good tools to work with, but are outclassed by sheer power creep.
>>
>>24921890
and giant dinosaur bugs with swords for arms.
and mushroom kangaroos with stretchy arms.
>>
>>24921448
>Legendary Pokemon are now played as 10 levels lower than other Pokemon when in a competitive format.
Buttmad
>Life Orb and STAB now count as a separate damage modifier which acts the same as a boost, rather than enhancing other boosts.
Bad idea
>Leftovers recovery now starts at 6% and loses 1% per turn
Kill yourself
>Substitute now costs a base 25% of total HP and increases by 5% every time it is used during a battle.
Kill yourself
>Toxic and Will-o-wisp now have 80% accuracy. Toxic and Will-o-wisp will now always hit on a subsequent turn if it was used the previous turn.
Ok
>Only one Pokemon in a player's party can be offensively slept at a time
So literally the sleep clause, kill yourself.
>Evasion now only has three stages - 100% accuracy, 85% accuracy and 70% accuracy
This solves nothing.
>Critical hits have been reworked. There are now three stages of critical chance exclusive to moves that do not boast a higher critical chance: +0: 0%, +1: 4%, +2: 8%. Pokemon gain stages by using a move successively i.e the first attack a Pokemon uses has a 0% chance of landing a critical hit, but if the Pokemon were to use the attack again it will gain a stage in critical. The attacks do not have to be successive, they are tallied per battle. Attacks which boast a higher critical chance remain fixed at 12.5% as they are now.
This is ridiculously complicated and total shit. >Grass Pokemon now heal for 1/8th of their HP in rain and sun
no
>Baton Pass now split into two skills: Pokemon which carry Quiver Dance now have Metamorphasis which has the same effect as Baton Pass but also passes the pokemon's type. All other Baton Pass users now have -1 priority on Baton Pass.
Jesus Christ no.
>Bug type attacks are no longer resisted by Ghost and Fairy. Bug type attacks are now super effective against Fairy.
Muh bugs.
>Unown can now learn all hidden power moves. Technician replaces levitate as Unown's ability.
"all the hidden power moves" So hidden power. Kill yourself
>>
>>24921771
Why?
>>
>>24921771
Almost everything does.
>>
>>24921448
>Grass recovers 1/8 of its health in sun and rain
How about something more like 1/16, can we agree on that?
>>
The only thing I would change is make Leech Seed a Powder type move so it can be blocked by Overcoat. I always thought it was stupid that Overcoat didn't stop it.

Also, OP, all of those ideas are bad. All of them.
>>
File: 1442549320779.jpg (34 KB, 535x424) Image search: [Google]
1442549320779.jpg
34 KB, 535x424
>>24921448

Holy shit you're mad. This whole post is just "I don't like these things, make them near-unuseable." The only things I can agree with are the Grass boosts, Sleep clause (which is already used in a couple official games like Stadium), and part of the Bug boost (why would Bug be SE against Fairy?)
>>
>>24925583
Actually, thinking about it I also agree with >>24923964, 1/8th is too much.
>>
Okay guys how about this?
>fairy doesn't resist bug
>grass resists fairy, this way there is a type that simultaneously resists ground and fairy which currently have perfect coverage without factoring in immunities
>ice now resists flying and ground
>solar power doesn't drain hp
>moves that miss have a 100% chance of hitting the turn after the miss
>freeze is retooled from sleep: more rng edition into a status condition that makes the affected pokemon mono-ice type
>>
I think OP just got rekt by a stall team...
>>
This doesn't have much to do with balance but I think it'd be a cool change:

How about each pokemon have a different maximum level which scales to their BST? It won't change any stats but just means weaker pokemon can reach their full potential faster.

Example:
Highest BST non-mega in the game is Arceus at 720, so lets make his max lvl 100.

Sunkern's BST is 180 (lowest in the game), so it's max level to reach it's full BST would be lvl 25.

It would make all pokemon equal when it comes to stats if they're the same level.
>>
>>24921448
>Grass Pokemon now heal for 1/8th of their HP in rain and sun

literally the only good suggestion
>>
>>24925691
He's just really bad since stall teams don't use Life Orb or Evasion

His nerf to Crits probably means he wants stall to be the only thing people play.
>>
>>24926086
Someone tell me how stupid of an idea this is.
>>
>>24929276
pretty dumb I'd say. Interesting, but dumb.
>>
>>24929359
Negative criticism is better than none desu. Thanks.
>>
>>24929381
>desu

for a sec I thought I actually said that
>>
>>24925619
These are actually pretty okay, save the second-to-last one.
I'm a rockfag and I still think that one's stupid.
>>
The excellent changes are those to lefties and subs
Remember
>subs are for scrubs
>>
>>24921448
>gamefreak
>balance
>>
Sleep clause and making Fairy neutral to Bug are good suggestions. Everything else is unneeded or bad.
>>
>Type chart shittery
Steel, Ghost and Fairy no longer resist bug. This type has zero reason to be resisted by so many things given how uncommon bug type moves are, even on bugs. Bug goes back to being weak to poison. Poison goes back to being weak to bug.
Ice now resists flying and ground.
Dark simply resists psychic now. Psychic resists fairy.
Grass is no longer weak to ice.
Rock picks up steels old dark and ghost resists.
Poison hits bug and water super effectively. Inb4 ass blasted waterfags, fuck off masuda.

Only other thing I'd add is status doesn't ever miss against types that status is strong against. No more will-o-miss on a steel type for instance.
>>
>>24921962

mantises uses extremely quick and precise movements to catch prey
technician by default works on any fighting type
>>
File: u-turn-symbol.jpg (335 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
u-turn-symbol.jpg
335 KB, 1500x1500
Fairy is the way it is because how VGC '11, 12' ad 13' were. It was nothing but U Turn, Dragon and later Dark spam. Dragon Gem Latios' Draco meteor ran the meta and now gems have been nerfed to hell. You fags should understand that TPCi no longer dives two shits about singles.
>>
File: 1451623246974.jpg (349 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1451623246974.jpg
349 KB, 1200x800
Also, since the only Fairy types that have gotten the spotlight are fucking Megas or Secondary fairies, TPCi will see that as the fae themselves not doing what they were meant to do. The Fairy type will be left alone or buffed.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.