[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was /vp/'s first team clearing the gen one elite four?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 1446466359388.gif (93 KB, 500x793) Image search: [Google]
1446466359388.gif
93 KB, 500x793
What was /vp/'s first team clearing the gen one elite four?
Zapdos
Pikachu
Charizard
Blastiose
?
?
>>
Who even remembers
>>
>>24918991
>implying everyone here isn't underaged whose first game was DP
>>
>>24918991
Nidoking
My second strongest was a Level 25 Eevee
>>
Blastoise and 5 shitmons
>>
>>24918998
How could you not remember?

Mine was:
Blastoise
Raichu
Pidgeot
Nidoking
Ninetales
Alakazam
>>
>yellow
>blastoise
>venusaur
>charizard
>hitmonlee
>fuck I forget, probably articuno
>pikachu
I played yellow when I was a kid and the anime was big. Tbh I wish there was a rom hack that made it follow the anime a bit better. I know ash grey is a thing, but I really want a good anime gen 1 game.
>>
>>24919042
Ash Grey is pretty shit, I wouldn't recc it.
>>
It's hard to remember.

The ones I'm sure of were
>Blastoise
>Fearow
>Zapdos

And I'm kind of sure Haunter and Primeape were in there. The last was...Victreebel? Maybe Vileplume?
>>
Pidgeot Articuno Zapdos Blastoise Graveler Haunter
>>
>>24919049
Yeah, it looked like garbage.
I just want yellow to have more in it, I guess. Replaying RBY makes me realize they feel so short compared to later games.
>>
Dragonite
Exeggutor
Lapras
Rhydon
Snorlax
Zapdos

My first Pokemon game playthrough was 2 years ago. Pokemania went completely over my head when I was a kid, but the games interested me enough that I looked up a list of what Pokemon were good in gen 1 and tried to assemble a team of them. Honestly was pretty stupid of me to expect the game to be that hard.
>>
>4 Furret
>2 Lugia
>>
Charizard

Slash is all you need
>>
>>24919091
What about when you run out of PP?
>>
Leafgreen:

Venusaur
Nidoking
Kangaskhan
Zapdos
Articuno
Moltres

I was the 9 year old that didn't have patience to train three more Pokemon.
>>
Ash's team from the anime.

I don't fucking know why. It's not like I was a little kid. I was 14.
>>
>>24918991
Blastoise
Parasect
Zapdos
Snorlax
Gyarados
Hitmonlee
>>
Venusaur
Articuno
Alakazam
Dugtrio
Tentacruel
Raichu

I think Dugtrio and Articuno did most of the work, though. Dugtrio just spammed Fissure and earthquake, killed Bruno's entire team that way. Articuno Ice Beamed all of Lance's dumb dragons, and I think I spammed Blizzard on Agatha's shit. Yes, Articuno knew both ice Beam and Blizzard. It also was my Fly HM user once I decided I liked it better than Fearow. I also used all of my PP ups on Dugtrio's Fissure, which I was convinced was the best move in the game.
>>
File: 7af4419a6a2ebe064a8dc110006f4d8b.jpg (239 KB, 1000x1411) Image search: [Google]
7af4419a6a2ebe064a8dc110006f4d8b.jpg
239 KB, 1000x1411
>>24918991
Charizard
Wiggituff
Kabutops
Nidoking
Alakazam
Lapras

I pretty standar team, I think
>>
>>24918991
Charizard
Nidoking
Poliwrath
Gengar
Slowbro
Aerodactyl
>>
You mean to tell me people who played gen1 when it was out still come here?

You mean to tell me people pretending to be trainer, drawing in "my fav team" template thread and fapping to pokemon hentai is like 30?
>>
Charizard (soloed mostly everything)
Kadabra (eventually gets replaced by Mewtwo)
Gyarados (I was fascinated by a small weak fish becoming a strong monster)
Snorlax (I found it cute)
Lapras (eventually gets replaced by Articuno)
Jolteon (because I wanted a bug attack via pin missile)
>>
>>24918991
w-what if your first game was diamond.

pls no bully: Staraptor, Drapion, Infernape, Roserade, Garchomp, Bronzong

Never used Dialga because I preferred the team I raised through the game.
>>
>>24918998
This

I basically have no clue what pokemon I won the game with for the first time. I don't even remember which starter I took since I liked Charmander and Squirtle about equally at the time. Its all a blur, my older brother was playing through the games too so those memories get mixed up and he got me to reset a few times so he could complete the pokedex.
>>
>>24918991
I think mine were
>Venusaur
>Jolteon
>Nidoqueen
>Sandslash

i don't remember the other two but I think one was Pidgeot and the last one was probably something that could learn surf (unless I used Nidoqueen?) I don't remember.
>>
Charizard (Picked the overrated one for type balance)
Vileplume
Poliwhirl (Now Politoed)
Raichu
June
Venomoth

Best I'm going in with:

Venasaur
Slowbro
Aerodactyl
Ninetales
Nidoqueen
Hitmonchan
>>
>>24919653
June is actually Jynx. Autocorrect.
>>
File: doyoueven.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
doyoueven.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>24918991

Pikachu
Butterfree
Gyrados
Charizard
Kadabra
>>
Hypno
Magneton
Scyther
Hitmonlee
Weezing
Magmar

I never liked using starter Pokémon even when I was a little rugrat, though I could never figure out why.
>>
I Sky Uppercut-spammed the Elite 4 into submission with an overleveled Blaziken.

I didnt even know all the types.
>>
>>24918991
I don't remember the first time I beat the e4 with my red cart, but I remember what I used for yellow. I think it was something like Blastoise and Graveler with me having Graveler spam Selfdestruct and then reviving him over and over again.
>>
>>24918991

Venusaur, Jynx, Dugtrio, Dodrio, Kabutops, Jolteon
>>
>>24919379
What is the difference between being 30 and being 23 when it comes to your hobbies
>>
>>24918991
I didn't make it far in RBY. I only beat the Kanto Elite Four in FLRG.
>>
Charizard
Blastoise
Venasaur
Moltres
Zapdos
Articuno
>>
Lvl 84 Charizard
Lvl 53 Articuno
4 trash mons for HM's that would get 1 shotted
Some ethers

and thats about it
>>
>>24918991

Blastoise
Pidgeoto
Raichu
Alakazam
Arcanine
Dragonite
>>
Dialga
Uxie
Torterra
Three shitmons, I think bidoof, starly, and shellos

I literally had no idea how to play so I just spammed what I thought was strong. Azelf knew my faggotry and I forget if mesprit was a runner in DP but I didn't catch it for some reason

Still, beating cynthias Garchomp by spamming blizzard until it hit (and having to use a lot of revives) was badass for ten year old me, if not retarded
>>
>>24919033
Coz it was almost 20 years ago, and coz I've run throughhe early games so often that they all get muddled together.
>>
>>24919460
Then I can't blame you for having a basic boring team because that whole gen only gave you basic boring ass options.
>>
>>24918991
Charizard(lv 82)
pidgey
growlithe
articuno
venomoth
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.