[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think gyarados is absurdly OP for how early in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: gyarados.png (13 KB, 880x499) Image search: [Google]
gyarados.png
13 KB, 880x499
Anyone else think gyarados is absurdly OP for how early in the game you can get it?

>usually the very first water pokemon you're able to acquire (not counting the starter obvs.)
>125 base attack
>can learn Aqua Tail relatively early
>flying type, but can learn Earthquake for some reason
>water type, but can learn Flamethrower for some reason
>>
>>24918759
>>water type, but can learn Flamethrower
That's because it's based on the red oni and blue oni from Japanese folklore.
>>
>>24918759
Well, first you need to get that Magikarp to Lv20 and that's kinda of a pain to get early.
>>
>>24918785
If you have more than one game, you can just transfer it over to a game you've already finished and get it to level 20 in like two minutes. And while you're at it, throw on a couple of lategame TM's that you undoubtedly have.
>>
>>24918792
But in this case you're the one making the game easy, not the pokémon itself.
>>
File: 1448790742638.png (31 KB, 270x272) Image search: [Google]
1448790742638.png
31 KB, 270x272
>>24918759
>Using Flamethrower on your Gyarados
>>
>>24918759
But lots of flying types can learn earthquake. Anyway, its not exactly op as >>24918785
stated. And besides, it gets access to better moves via move tutor, which is post-game.
>>
>>24918792
Or............. I can trade over a Lv100 Mega Raycraycray?
>>
>>24918777
Nicely done
>>
>>24918796
>in this case you're the one making the game easy
Trading is part of the game though.
>>
>>24918866
Or you could trade over your level 100 Groudon and nuke the game anyway. Just because it's part of the game doesn't mean its use is necessary
>>
Nidoking and Zam are better and you get them more or less at the same time as Gyara.
>>
>>24918877
>Or you could trade over your level 100 Groudon and nuke the game
But then it won't obey you?

Trading is part of the game, and the designers put safeguards in place to keep players from going overboard with it.
>>
>>24918894
It still attacks a fraction of the time
And that lvl defenses and movepool
You can easily solo the game with any lvl 100

... You've never done that. Have you.
>>
>>24918777
Nice Trips.
>>
>>24919198
>... You've never done that
Why would I want to?
>>
>>24918792
Trading in pokemon from another game is cheating. Using TM's and HM's from another game is cheating.

Leveling your pokemon in another game is borderline, but I wouldn't really call it cheating as long as you don't go crazy with the powerleveling.
>>
>>24921502
>Trading in pokemon from another game is cheating
not really trading an egg over for a different kind of starter
trading to evolve
trading pokemon like porygon from platinum to johto remakes
trading eevee to evolve to leafeon or Glaceon
its not "cheating" if the game lets you do it
>>
>>24921515
In that case, why don't I just trade all my pokemon over to another game and powerlevel them to 100? :^)

It's not cheating if the game lets me do it :^)
>>
>>24918805
It would be fine for in-game I guess, especially early on if you somehow teach it early.
>>
Sawk in Black and White as well. Even Audino is a little annoying to defeat if you start hunting them as soon as you can.

In fact BW and XY have made really powerful Pokemon available really early on. Egg move DexNav to an extent as well.
>>
>>24921578
have fun with them not listening to you at all because you have little to no badges
>>
>>24921652
That only happens if you aren't the original trainer.
>>
>>24921751
> you aren't the original trainer.

Your point? Pokemon that come from a previous game count as being from another trainer.
>>
>>24921769
>Pokemon that come from a previous game count as being from another trainer
lol @ your reading comprehension
>>
>>24921578
now you get it
glad you understand but i don't know why you would want to make a children game even easier
>>
>>24921782
Only your starter. Others won't listen.
>>
Nah, not really. It's balanced in two ways.
Firstly because you don't get access to exp share until much later into the game, meaning it's a pain to always switch in a Magikarp first and then switch it to something else.

Secondly because it's a water type with a fairly low special stat meaning that its STAB attacks will never be impressive.
>>
>>24918759
It's the reward for spending lots of time training a worthless Magikarp. You have to suffer 10-15 levels of painful grinding to get it.
>>
>>24918759

not just that but with Jolteon its basically GG.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.