[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest, how many of you actually still care for mainline Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1440633960286.gif (194 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1440633960286.gif
194 KB, 450x450
Be honest, how many of you actually still care for mainline Pokemon games? If not, where did you stop and why?
>>
>>24917935
I think a lot of us do, and that's why many of us are so critical of it. I never stopped but BW2 and AS both struck me as boring... took me a year to repickup my AS and I simply never finished B2.
>>
>>24917935
I only care a bit, just so that I can be happy when they finally release something good.

I stopped at BW2, since i couldn't be assed to get a 3DS and pick up Gen VI.
>>
About 2013ish after beating XY.

There's nothing really making me want to keep playing. XY had nothing for endgame after I beat it, ORAS was a remake. I just plain don't have anything to care for. The next one is gonna be Gen 6.5 and unless it's a sequel like BW2, it's not gonna be interesting enough for me to finally care until Gen 7.
>>
I care about it but I'm not super zealous about it like some folk get one way or another. Though, I don't get that way about any game, unless it's utter trash like Sticker Star or Tales of Zestiria in which case even thinking about them makes me sick.
>>
I stopped playing after Red
>>
>>24917998
Hold up... another fucking sequel would make you MORE interested???
>>
ORAS

every gen 6 game is poorly-optimized, ugly and boring with no postgame. don't see gamefreak reversing that trend anytime soon, or ever to be honest.
>>
>>24918004
BW2 was far better than BW1 with an expanded region on top of the usual third version sorts of additions so I don't see why he shouldn't.
>>
Cared for all of them all up till XY.
Both XY and ORAS just didn't do it for me.
They were boring and lazy games.
>>
>>24918004
Yeah, compared to another Platinum/Emerald remake.

A sequel doesn't say anything about quality and being "a sequel like BW2" doesn't actually mean anything beyond "it won't have the same story as XY, it might star new characters instead of bland shits we got" and all sorts of stuff.

Why the fuck would sequel ever mean bad? Literally every game series ever has had sequels and there are a ton of game series out there. Just because Custom Robo on the Gamecube was good doesn't mean that Smash Bros Melee can't be good because it's another nintendo sequel.
>>
>>24917935
XY.

Never got it because I didn't have a 3DS and nothing about the game motivated me to buy one.
>>
>>24918010

I dont know. I guess ideologically I just want them to improve on the damn formula, not churn out another half assed game (xy) and then improve on it years later. I want them to give me a complete package for once, not half now half years later at the same full retail price
>>
Pokemon started to go downhill at the start of Gen 6, IMO.
I still care about the mainline games, I don't want them to go to shit.
>>
>>24918016

Yeah, but the thing is, Smash64 was great and Melee was great, and they had a reasonable time between them. That's more comparable to a new gen than a direct sequel.

Pokemon games are just shit they could have done in the first development time, but said fuck it and drank sake for a few months instead
>>
>>24918023
I wouldn't be surprised if as far as they're concerned first versions like XY is complete, the extras in the third versions are just that, extras.
>>
>>24917935
I've been disappointed by Gen VI and won't buy the next game unless it's really great, but I'm sure I'll be as hyped as ever once Gen VII rolls around. Gonna have to wait awhile for that though.
>>
File: 324534.jpg (305 KB, 699x430) Image search: [Google]
324534.jpg
305 KB, 699x430
>>24917935
I started with HG after someone recommended it to me. (D/P/P were already out and B/W was on its way) I borrowed Yellow from some kids in school when I was younger and didn't like it, but somehow I loved the anime. After playing HG I thought I was absolutely dumb and had no idea what I was missing out on so naturally I moved on to the next game.

Someone gave me Diamond, and let me tell you, I have never been so disappointed by a sequel in my life. If I had started pokemon with this game I might have never touched anything pokemon related again. I enjoyed the other games but they were no where near as good as HG was to me. BW > ORAS > XY > D/P is my order but the latter 3 feel very lacking to me but I'm not as harsh on ORAS as others are.

After playing ORAS some friends introduced me to PMD and I absolutely love it, I might even say it just slightly surpasses HG for me. At this point I'd rather PMD be the main series if the games can't match the quality of HG/SS. The PMD games and like 3 others are the only games that genuinely got me to care about the characters and what's going on which gave them a big plus in my book. Pic related is my team. Me as Cyndaquil and my bro Pikachu.

(I didn't expect to make this post this long but wanted to give a genuine response)
>>
I stopped hyping after seeing previews of gen 3.

After that I was only excited for BW2 when some folks recived their copy before release date and started streaming. Watching those gameplays with vp was one of best memory of this board I carry.

I like all new pokemon and how the mechanics are changing over generations, but as for the story, region and overall feeling evolution of this franchise makes me only feel empty inside.

>>24918002
What are you doing here?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.