[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
100% irrelevant shit you get autistically mad about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
>parental bond dragon tail doesn't phaze twice, it hits twice then phazes once
>tubbysaur didn't win the CAP vote
>>
>>24917620
Kangaskhan doesnt learn metal burst desu thats what pisses me off.

>Earthquake only hits once in Doubles
>>
>>24917443
>Grass types resist water even though you can flood and drown a plant

REEEEEE
>>
>>24917777
>fire type isn't resistant to everything because it's fire and it burns everything
This is you. You cannot base a type match-up over something that menial.
>>
>>24917785

Read the title. I'm allowed to be autistically mad about it.
>>
>>24917777
>Flying types are super effective on Grass and resist it even though your average bird will not come out the better for running into a tree
>Ice is super effective on Grass even though many plants overwinter just fine
>Fire is super effective on Grass but not on Normal even though animals burn as easily as plants and can die from shock
>Bug is super effective on Grass even though real bugs pollinate plants and cause them to propagate
>Poison is super effective on Grass but not on Bug or Normal or especially Water, even though sea creatures are by far the most susceptible to changes in environment

SMDH@GF's incompetence
>>
KansasMan
ProundOfItsPower
>>
>>24917815
You're thinking about things too specifically. Like technically despite the base thing of elements being water>fire, in the real world, any drips of water that comes into contact with fire will evaporate almost instantly.

But that's not how shit fucking works when dealing with types because they're arbitrarily based on a single simple aspect. Even in your own example, flying is represented by like, a single bird. Defensive grass is a single plant or vine or something. Bug is a single bug. The bird eats the plant and the bug. The bug eats the plant for sustinence. The plant can't do shit to either one.
>>
File: Rare_e0ade0_5505754.jpg (18 KB, 502x460) Image search: [Google]
Rare_e0ade0_5505754.jpg
18 KB, 502x460
>>24917815
this guy gets it.

>Steel is weak to fighting even though there is no physical possibility an animal could bruteforce through steel unless their bones are manufactured metal as well
>Dark is SE against psychic even though a psychic could read your mind and predict and counter your dark thoughts
>Ground resists rock even though it hurts to be hit by a rock no matter where you are
>Poison types eat toxic spikes even though stacking multiple poisons don't cancel each other out
>Not every animal pokemon is water type even though most biological cells are made of water
>Rock doesnt immune to electricity even though it's an insulator
>fish pokemon dont die anytime they are outside of water
>ice types dont automatically melt
>Ghosts can be hit by anything even though they dont materialize in our dimension physically, only spiritually
>>
>24917777
Nice quads
>>
>>24917815
>>Poison is super effective on Grass but not on Bug
Something something poisonous bugs exist.
>>
File: 1450725927101.webm (627 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450725927101.webm
627 KB, 720x304
>>24917920

Thanks
>>
>>24917777
>>Grass types resist water even though you can flood and drown a plant
And that's why Grass-types are not IMMUNE to Water.
>>
>>24917929
You mean something something acid rain fucks up entire forests immensely.
>>
>>24917815
now that I think about it flying being super effective against grass doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>24917777 (checked)
Why doesn't steel resist everything.
>implying some piddly fire is going to do jack shit to a lump of steel.
>implying sand could
>implying you could punch it
>implying electricity wouldn't pass right through it
>implying water wouldn't just wash off of it
>implying ghosts could scare it
>implying you could trick it
>implying
>>
File: do not trigger my autism.jpg (81 KB, 961x759) Image search: [Google]
do not trigger my autism.jpg
81 KB, 961x759
German people like to trigger my autism.

>Volbeat and Illumise are dragonfly Pokémon in the german games because mistranslation of firefly.

>We have "Ewigwald" (Eterna Forest) and "Ewigenwald" (Pinwheel Forest)
>f you translate the german names you would get Eterna Forest and Eternal Forest.

>english: Pixilate, Refrigerate and Aerilate
>german: Feenschicht, Frostschicht and ZENITHAUT.
>Translated: Fairy Layer, Frost Layer and Zenith Skin.

>Dragon Ascent as in all languages "dragon" in his name, exptect in german.
>It's called Zenitstürmer (F**k you with your stupid zenith).
>Translated: Zenith Striker
>>
File: que.png (566 KB, 1168x587) Image search: [Google]
que.png
566 KB, 1168x587
>>24918107
>Noibat / Noivern
>eF-eM / UHaFnir
>>
File: 1432416646575.gif (426 KB, 380x254) Image search: [Google]
1432416646575.gif
426 KB, 380x254
>>24918107
And that is precisely why I don't play the games in German. The translators are fucking garbage.
>Trace translated as Fährte (animal traces)
>Pound is Pfund (the weight)
>Judgement is Urteilskraft (power of judgement)

>Aight fAm i dunno this word, best pick the first example in the dictionary - Every German Pokemon translator
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.