[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In an alternate reality, X and Y came out as usual in 2013. However,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: XY-logo.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
XY-logo.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
In an alternate reality, X and Y came out as usual in 2013. However, they had a few crucial changes
>Everything always runs at a smooth 60FPS
>Soaring, DexNav, Mirage Islands, contests and all of the ORAS megas were included in X and Y
>Everyone past gym 6 is at least 5 levels higher, and the Elite Four/Champion have full teams
>There's a Battle Frontier
>The desert power plant is open to explore
Would Kalos and gen 6 still be considered shit?
>>
>>24917290
Yes because /vp/ is full of contrarian butthurt shitposters
>>
Yes.
None of those would change how horribly executed the game was. You could add every single feature that ever existed into a game but I'd still hate it if it was executed like shit and lazily.
>>
>>24917290
Yes. Just like how gen 5 was considered the worst during its time and gen 4 was considered the worst before that. Gen 6 hate is a dank maymay and will die down when the kiddies get bored or grow up a little.
>>
>>24917290
>>Everything always runs at a smooth 60FPS
Nothing on consoles ever run at a smooth 60FPS, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>24917290
A lot of those complaints don't really apply to XY itself though.

>Soaring, DexNav, Mirage Islands, contests and all of the ORAS megas were included in X and Y
Soaring is unnecessary, Dexnav is cool but not something game fixing. Mirage Islands were largely unnecessary in ORAS even and just put in as a replacement to actual endgame content. ORAS megas would've been nice, but don't fix a game. Especially if that means we got M-Salamence and Fug early.
>Everyone past gym 6 is at least 5 levels higher, and the Elite Four/Champion have full teams
Levels weren't even that much of an issue. The latter thing was, but the game ended nearly at level 70. That's not too bad for maingame. Just remove/nerf EXP share, give people more Pokemon, and then give us a gym leader rematch system that lets them have megas.
>There's a Battle Frontier
First game never has a battle frontier, that wasn't a complaint of XY at all.
>The desert power plant is open to explore
That might have done it if it was huge and expansive like Platinum's battle island thing, and only for endgame.

Really the main complaints were just
>better characterization/remove unnecessary characters/give them a purpose, you fight your "friends" all like twice each and they only ever have like 2-4 Pokemon while the admins for Flare barely existed
>EXP share nerf/removal/fixing because that shit broke the game
>endgame
Give us some extra routes that aren't a box behind a house. Like just one or two new cities for the Looker Missions instead of backtracking through the central bullshit.
You could see where the quality would've been from the beginning of the game until the 2nd gym. After there, it's palpable how many things got fucked or they didn't care balance wise.
>>
>>24917332
Back to /v/ with you, m8
>>
>>24917294
>>24917324
These are always amazingly weak "reasons"
At least the fans of other gens give reasons on why they like the gen, but all I've seen of Gen 6 fans is mostly just "people are just contrarian so it's good!!"
>>
>>24917356
Aside from being the literal standard of Pokemon today? 3D models, the fastest text systems, streamlined EV training, IV breeding, the most Pokemon, the most features in a game, none of that applies?
>>
>>24917290
Man, I dunno what the fuck is wrong with vp, but the last pokemon game I played seriously before X was silver when I was like a teenager, and you guys are too close to it get how nice all the convenience shit is, with free heals after possibly ugly fights and easily dodgable trainers. You don't feel obligated to grind. Making a game harder is easy when they make it easy to go fast.
>>
Kalos and Gen 6 aren't considered shit, but nice try, retard
>>
>>24917403
Lol OP here, fuck off. I enjoyed the shit out of X and Y but it's not hard to see what /vp/'s opinions of the games are. I'm not trying to push some agenda, I'm just saying it how I see it
>>
>>24917366
>3D models
I'm personally fine with the Pokemon models, but the human models really get to me. They look stubby and just lazily made.
>streamlined EV training, IV breeding
Those don't really matter for the average pokemon player anyway. Convenient for the competitive players though, yes.
>the most features in a game
How?
Those few points also don't excuse the rest of Gen 6's rushed feeling and bad execution. Tell me about those if you want.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.